Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:26 pm

odom1year wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Lol what a clown, bring some offensive skill set and up your free throw percentage before you start to think you're as valuable as kobe to this franchise


Age is an issue. That's why I suggest it's the time for Kobe passing torch.


I'd think Kobe would have less of an issue passing the torch to a player that's better than him, or at least on his level as he ages. Dwight isn't on Kobe's level and I don't think he ever will be, why pass the torch to a player that's worse than you in his 9th season compared to your 17th? Dwight can barely score on his own without being spoon fed at the rim, not exactly "torch passing" material unless we want to miss the playoffs so Dwight could get his and be "happy".
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm

lol. Stick to them guns. Now that we have Nick Young Kobe should pass the torch to him.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby odom1year on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Weezy wrote:
odom1year wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Lol what a clown, bring some offensive skill set and up your free throw percentage before you start to think you're as valuable as kobe to this franchise


Age is an issue. That's why I suggest it's the time for Kobe passing torch.


I'd think Kobe would have less of an issue passing the torch to a player that's better than him, or at least on his level as he ages. Dwight isn't on Kobe's level and I don't think he ever will be, why pass the torch to a player that's worse than you in his 9th season compared to your 17th? Dwight can barely score on his own without being spoon fed at the rim, not exactly "torch passing" material unless we want to miss the playoffs so Dwight could get his and be "happy".


Not saying D12 is better than Kobe. To be fair, I don't think Lakers/Kobe give enough chance for him showing his true color. Actually, which player in NBA history is still team's 1st option at his 17th year ? My main idea of passing torch is letting Kobe has more rest in regular season and saving energy for playoffs.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Sorry, I just don't agree that Dwight was up to that. When he was given the ball more he was a turnover machine, and in the playoffs as the main guy he was a joke. I didn't expect him to get us any wins, our roster was horrible due to injury, but I expected to at least see him do all he could to make us look respectable, or at least get his. Kobe would have put up 40 points going down fighting in the same situation, where Dwight couldn't do jack and looked like he didn't even want to be playing. He got what he apparently wanted when he got tossed in game 4.

I think all the stats that have been brought up many times disprove that Dwight didn't get used enough or get to show his true colors. Interesting choice of words really, I think Dwight got a chance to shown his true colors this offseason, he did when he bolted. His true color is yellow, but not gold. :man12: He had no real appreciation of what it means to be a Laker, and if it's true he wanted Kobe gone so he could be the man he had no respect for a Laker legend and what he means to this franchise and city, selfishly wanting the franchise handed to him.

He puts on this nice guy act, all smiles, wants everyone to love him apparently, and while I don't doubt he is a nice person, I also think in a lot of ways he's a fraud. He wants to be one of the greats yet he doesn't work on or add to his game? He wants to win titles, yet he doesn't stay with the winningest franchise of the last 3 decades plus and learn from a 5 time champion or work with a 6 time champion in Kareem? Talk is cheap, he wants to have fun with not much pressure above wining, fraud.

He thinks he already is a winner (his own words not mine) and that he knows what it takes to be a champion apparently as he doesn't need anyone's help, tutoring, or advice to get him there, that's just immaturity to me and I don't see it changing. Even MJ, Shaq, and Kobe had to learn how to be winners under Phil, had to grow as players and men, humble themselves to the point that they admitted to themselves at least they still had things to learn about winning and and being leaders (and at least Kobe and Shaq have admitted that publicly as well, not sure about MJ). I would also bet LeBron looked to Riley and maybe some others we're not aware of in the offseason after he lost to the Mavs, got serious, worked on his flaws, and came back better and on a mission to win. Apparently Dwight and some other players in this new generation are above that sort of thing and think winning will just happen, I don't know, I guess we'll see in time.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby dak22 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Juronimo wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Nah, Dwight is done as a Laker. I can't even call him a Laker.

I accepted his inability to hit free throws, his lack of post up game, hell, him smiling after losing.

But based on his decision and the facts surrounding his decision I feel makes him dishonorable and a coward.

It sickens me that I have his jersey. I want to rip the letters off to put Divac on there.


As far as Laker centers go,

Divac > Dwight
Pau >>>>>> Dwight

Dwight could have been a Laker legend but he'll be remembered as being more of a rich man's Kwame Brown with a bad attitude more than anything. At first I was bummed that he left, even though I knew he'd leave and his body language was always poor.

After reading all of this, I'm glad he's gone. Asking the FO to amnesty Kobe? That is so beyond bizarre and disrespectful I have a hard time believing he actually did that. What nerve.


In terms of Laker tradition, putting Dwight's name next to Kwame Brown is an insult.........

..to Kwame Brown himself.

No way should Dwight's name be above any Laker center that was part of a post season victory.

Hell I put Smush Parker above Dwight at this point.
dak22

 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Let's see, we just signed a center with an arguably better offensive game than Howard for the vets minimum and Dwight wants to be the main focus of the offense. Uh, no. Moron.
Image
User avatar
Alleyhoops

 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
Location: Culver City California

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Weezy wrote:Sorry, I just don't agree that Dwight was up to that. When he was given the ball more he was a turnover machine, and in the playoffs as the main guy he was a joke. I didn't expect him to get us any wins, our roster was horrible due to injury, but I expected to at least see him do all he could to make us look respectable, or at least get his. Kobe would have put up 40 points going down fighting in the same situation, where Dwight couldn't do jack and looked like he didn't even want to be playing. He got what he apparently wanted when he got tossed in game 4.

I think all the stats that have been brought up many times disprove that Dwight didn't get used enough or get to show his true colors. Interesting choice of words really, I think Dwight got a chance to shown his true colors this offseason, he did when he bolted. His true color is yellow, but not gold. :man12: He had no real appreciation of what it means to be a Laker, and if it's true he wanted Kobe gone so he could be the man he had no respect for a Laker legend and what he means to this franchise and city, selfishly wanting the franchise handed to him.

He puts on this nice guy act, all smiles, wants everyone to love him apparently, and while I don't doubt he is a nice person, I also think in a lot of ways he's a fraud. He wants to be one of the greats yet he doesn't work on or add to his game? He wants to win titles, yet he doesn't stay with the winningest franchise of the last 3 decades plus and learn from a 5 time champion or work with a 6 time champion in Kareem? Talk is cheap, he wants to have fun with not much pressure above wining, fraud.

He thinks he already is a winner (his own words not mine) and that he knows what it takes to be a champion apparently as he doesn't need anyone's help, tutoring, or advice to get him there, that's just immaturity to me and I don't see it changing. Even MJ, Shaq, and Kobe had to learn how to be winners under Phil, had to grow as players and men, humble themselves to the point that they admitted to themselves at least they still had things to learn about winning and and being leaders (and at least Kobe and Shaq have admitted that publicly as well, not sure about MJ). I would also bet LeBron looked to Riley and maybe some others we're not aware of in the offseason after he lost to the Mavs, got serious, worked on his flaws, and came back better and on a mission to win. Apparently Dwight and some other players in this new generation are above that sort of thing and think winning will just happen, I don't know, I guess we'll see in time.


too much logic. No one who has played true competitive anything would believe you simply "hand" over the keys to the team. Passing a torch has to be earned and deserved. Passing it from a 5 time Champion who tore his Achilles and still made two free throws in a crucial game. The other guy just smiles and apparently talks behind others backs.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby odom1year on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Weezy wrote:Sorry, I just don't agree that Dwight was up to that. When he was given the ball more he was a turnover machine, and in the playoffs as the main guy he was a joke. I didn't expect him to get us any wins, our roster was horrible due to injury, but I expected to at least see him do all he could to make us look respectable, or at least get his. Kobe would have put up 40 points going down fighting in the same situation, where Dwight couldn't do jack and looked like he didn't even want to be playing. He got what he apparently wanted when he got tossed in game 4.


D12 played just average overall last season. But he was not Kwame, the turnover thing is quite harsh to him. As we know, it's still Kobe's team. And we lost Kobe suddenly and the time which was close to playoffs. Since the gameplan and plays are totally different after Kobe injured, it's hard to fit on time as the 1st option against Spurs. In that series, I can see D12 tried and played hard, he performed better than regular season and Duncan. In game 4, he was frustrated. We should understand that. Just like Bynum threw an elbow to Mavs player.

By the way, D12 should respect Kobe, especially regarding to our franchise.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby kobe_mamba on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 pm

BLEEP Dwight! :jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
User avatar
kobe_mamba

 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 am

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Dwight got frustrated because he has absolutely 0-10% ability to carry the offensive load for a team. Kobe went down and it was his, and his ONLY, to carry this team in the 1st round. He couldn't and knew it. He got tossed because he is a coward. Bynum may have been a baby but Bynum played with heart. Stop defending DWight it just hurts the credibility of your bball IQ.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby odom1year on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Dwight got frustrated because he has absolutely 0-10% ability to carry the offensive load for a team. Kobe went down and it was his, and his ONLY, to carry this team in the 1st round. He couldn't and knew it. He got tossed because he is a coward. Bynum may have been a baby but Bynum played with heart. Stop defending DWight it just hurts the credibility of your bball IQ.


I've mentioned D12 just played average overall in last season. Just in case of the situation that losing the best player of the team, D12 tried and played hard in 1st round. I think we should not blame him for the loss. Just like another example of Thunders, after losing Westbrook, the best team in West and Durant couldn't survive too.

For Bynum, I really don't see him playing with heart. Actually, he does not lead a team yet.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:38 am

dak22 wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Nah, Dwight is done as a Laker. I can't even call him a Laker.

I accepted his inability to hit free throws, his lack of post up game, hell, him smiling after losing.

But based on his decision and the facts surrounding his decision I feel makes him dishonorable and a coward.

It sickens me that I have his jersey. I want to rip the letters off to put Divac on there.


As far as Laker centers go,

Divac > Dwight
Pau >>>>>> Dwight

Dwight could have been a Laker legend but he'll be remembered as being more of a rich man's Kwame Brown with a bad attitude more than anything. At first I was bummed that he left, even though I knew he'd leave and his body language was always poor.

After reading all of this, I'm glad he's gone. Asking the FO to amnesty Kobe? That is so beyond bizarre and disrespectful I have a hard time believing he actually did that. What nerve.


In terms of Laker tradition, putting Dwight's name next to Kwame Brown is an insult.........

..to Kwame Brown himself.

No way should Dwight's name be above any Laker center that was part of a post season victory.

Hell I put Smush Parker above Dwight at this point.


I like this one. Post more.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5548
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:54 am

He's scared. Kobe injured and MDA coaching? Lakers hired one of the worst coaches possible.. especially for an aging roster and a big like D12. They focused a little too much on who Kobe gets along with and respects instead of finding a coach who doesn't suck.

D12 ran. He's not able to carry a club and he split. The Lakers are going to be absolutely horrendous next season, D12 simply can't handle the scrutiny. He's all cozy hiding in Houston where everyone will pat his bottom and write great things about him.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4217
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby strategos on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 am

Every new information coming out regarding whatr happened behind the scenes during last season makes me more and more happy thaat this crybaby is gome.

I expect a very enjoyable season. Sure we will not win anything significant, but the Lakers should be fun to watch again. I hope for a break from the constant drama. And relatively low expectations will allow us to enjoy every win a little more. I remember to have enjoyed the times of Kobe plus 4 scrubs as well. We did not win a ton of games, but for some strange reason I was proud like never before to be a Lakers fan.

By the way, I do not think we will be as bad as the most here seem to believe, I expext us to make the play-offs easily (somewhere near the 6 spot), unless the injuries hit again...
User avatar
strategos

 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:06 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby borri on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 am

It's not like Kobe doesn't know what a dominant center should play like...........

Kobe: "Man Dwight sucks."
Shaq: "I told you so."
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:45 am

Stone Cold Steve Austin was just on the Dan Patrick show and said if he could give the Stunner to any professional athlete, he'd give it to Dwight Howard.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9033
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby kenzo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 am

Haha, always loved Steve :jam2:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5967
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

@mcten: Nick Young on Dwight: "That was the first time I've ever seen anybody wanting to leave L.A. ... And I'm from here"
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby The Rock on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Image
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby gill on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 pm

^^^^ :man10:

Stone Cold Stunner! :bow:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19353
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr talked about Kobe and Dwight during our summer league game tonight. They both said they couldn't imagine the fan backlash if Kobe had been amnestied and it was crazy that people were even suggesting it. Both praised him for how well he played this season after so long in the league especially.

About Dwight Reggie said "he wouldn't be my franchise center", he said he agreed with Kobe challenging Dwight or not handing the franchise to him, forget exactly what he said. He then said his franchise center/player would have to be able to be in during the last 5 minutes of games, be able to make free throws and make shots and that isn't Dwight. Kerr then said that's why he thinks Houston was perfect for Dwight, he gets the "illusion" that he is the man there with a new group of young guys, and something like he doesn't have the same pressure and expectations there. I thought that was pretty funny, he gets to pretend like he's the man on a smaller team.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr talked about Kobe and Dwight during our summer league game tonight. They both said they couldn't imagine the fan backlash if Kobe had been amnestied and it was crazy that people were even suggesting it. Both praised him for how well he played this season after so long in the league especially.

About Dwight Reggie said "he wouldn't be my franchise center", he said he agreed with Kobe challenging Dwight or not handing the franchise to him, forget exactly what he said. He then said his franchise center/player would have to be able to be in during the last 5 minutes of games, be able to make free throws and make shots and that isn't Dwight. Kerr then said that's why he thinks Houston was perfect for Dwight, he gets the "illusion" that he is the man there with a new group of young guys, and something like he doesn't have the same pressure and expectations there. I thought that was pretty funny, he gets to pretend like he's the man on a smaller team.


Sounds like Reggie was reading my posts.... :man10:

Your best player has to be counted on to win close games down the stretch..... Period
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22803
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby snackdaddy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:44 pm

I think Kareem said it all when he said he watched Howard play in the 2009 finals and thought this was a kid who can be good if he gets better. Then in 2013, he watches him play and sees that he's still the same player he was in 2009.

Howard has reached his ceiling and he's been there for several years. Yes, he woulda made the Lakers a little better. Maybe from a 42 win team to a 47 win team. But nowhere near a championship contender. Would he be worth a max contract from an investment standpoint? Not really.

Like a couple guys just said, how can he be the main guy when he can't be in there in the final minutes of crunch time? He'll either get fouled and miss free throws or he'll turn it over. He's a great athlete for his size. But he has no skill.
User avatar
snackdaddy

 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby revgen on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Dwight's camp needs to check the marshmallows. Somebody must have laced them with cocaine.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21720
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:15 am

Jason Friedman: Dwight: "Chandler and I have already talked about doing music videos together..." (McHale immediately buries head in hands) Twitter @JasonCFriedman


have fun mchale
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LTLakerFan, thkthebest and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.