Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby kenzo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 pm

I had a feeling... but now im 100% sure. Kobe did that on purpose (the talk about playing 3 more years easily and all). I suspected that his timing wasn't coincidence and now we know :man9: :jam2:
Also, why is every erticle mentioning Parsons (like he's some kind of a superstar or something) :freak2: GTFO with this nonsense.
kenzo

Postby Balance&Options24 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:00 am

Lakers shouldn't have even wasted time with billboards and meetings if this was the case, from the very start of his camp asking these questions, they should have told him to kick rocks.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 am

LOL, good riddance D12
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 am

Self absorbed a bleep. :man10: Oh no problem though completely different situation in Houston with beard boy. Right sure it is. Just wait. What the hell does it mean for him in his head to be the "man"? He does all the talking and leading in the locker room and on the floor with his sorry bleep set of skills and immaturity? LMFAO. Or the offense HAS to give him the most shots every game, can be no question as to who is the most important player. Gimmee gimmee gimmee. I'm Dwight Howard who hasn't won or earned JACK. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby S.R.05 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 am

ive never really rooted against anyone more than i've rooted for the lakers. but next year i really want dwight to fail. no ex-gf syndrome, he just acted like a b**** and this tops it off if true. good riddance and good luck winning with harden LOL.
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby jlkr on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 am

Says here d12 never wins a ring.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby kenzo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am

Kobe - LA centers 2:0 :man9:
kenzo

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:21 am

Then Mitch and Jim bring him into the meeting, and basically say tell him Dwight.

Kinda like the players meeting when he bad mouthed him and the Lakers and Kobe say talk to his face, and Dwight said nothing. Or the all star week where he was said to be talking about him and then wouldn't say anything when Kobe or Melo was around according to Stephen A Smith

He wanted the Lakers to pull a SVG, without putting any work in to prove his loyalty. Kobe put work, outplayed him last year. Kobe put work more so than Shaq over time, more than Eddie and Nick which is why la stuck with him. Its a weird dynamic that went through thus team with Dwight.

Is not just Kobe. You have Pau pissed off and not even wishing him well. You have Nash saying he didn't want to be here or but in. You have Metta saying chemistry just improved when Dwight chose Houston and that they would contend without him, and then Kobe and Pau both tweeting support to Metta when the amnesty news hit. You have former lakers being called back in talking about we love LA. Legends roasting Dwight.

Lets all just be blunt. Kobe carried your punk *** through your injury, willing this team to wins and over 500 in the west, third best record in all the league the second half of the season. Dude sacrificed his body for a selfish prick like you. He was the only Laker healthy through the whole year; shouldering more and more of the load each time a player went down.

He killed his body playing near 48 minutes a night in march and april to make the playoffs. He pushed so hard in a game he had no business being in against golden state to make the playoffs (after going down 3 times earlier in that game). Hit clutch free throws in the fourth with a torn Achilles to give the Lakers a chance at the playoffs.

Insert Ice Cube video.

It all comes back to why the **** didn't Dwight opt out if he knew he risked being where he didn't want to be, which was anywhere but Brooklyn? And why the **** didn't he man up and outplay Kobe, put the work in, and stake his claim to show why he should be seen as the star let alone equal? Good riddance, I'd go to war with fat Shaq, Soft Pau, or washed up mental Odom any day.

Dwight needs to learn theirs level to this ****, and he wasnt on Kobe's level last year or in his career. He was a damn disgrace to the jersey and the names it represents front and back. Kobe didnt everything he has done, play on knees that needed surgery three times, with torn labrums, broken ribs, busted hands, an ankle that needed surgery to pass the keys to someone like Dwight. Shaq didnt kick every centers a** to matchup the legacy of Wilt, Kareem, and Mikan for someone like Dwight to be the guy. Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Horry, Fisher, Shaw, Fox, Odom, Pau, Goodrich, West, Wilkes, Rambis, Green, and guys like them ... Men like them, Dr Buss, Phil, and Riley didnt bleed, sweat, lose countless hours of sleep, and climb the mountain to give him the god damn torch. You want the **** torch, the **** statue, your name on that god damn wall, and to be remembered forever as a Laker great and champion you earn it, you take it, and you bust your a** for it. What a **** coward
kblo247

Postby Center Court on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 am

Dwight is never going to win a ring. He may end up in the rafters of Houston, but he's never going down in Laker infamy. His loss. IMO, as soon as Kobe said 3-4 more years, I knew it'd alter Dwight's decision.

I do wish he had stayed but since he's decided to move on, then it's really his loss.
Center Court

Postby TylerCaviar on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:12 am

Had Magic kept playing past '96 could you imagine Shaq asking the Lakers to release Magic? This isn't real to me, there is no way someone could honestly be THIS ignorant. It makes sense why Jim Buss was 'unimpressive' in the meeting. Thank God he was! Way to go Jimmy Boy! I think the front office put on the #stayd12 campaign to make it appear as if we were after Dwight.I think they told Kobe to say that to the team reporter about playing 3 more years knowing Dwight would leave but if he didn't it showed he was willing to learn what it takes and go get that chip. I don't think the best franchise in the league missed the eye opening character of D12. This franchise has seen the best to ever grace the hardwood on a nightly basis. This franchise doesn't make too many mistakes when having a superstar player in their hands. But this time they didnt have that they had a pretty good defensive center coming off major back surgery.A man with reportedly 8 different baby mothers. A man who had learned NOTHING from Ewing in Orlando and with Hakeem 1 offseason, Kareem in LA, and now he will learn from Mchale too? Doubt it. Im excited for the new season and I am overly anxious to see what is the meaning for Rambis on the bench. But Pau is finally rested and he was just beasting at the Olympics. Might not be too bad a squad come June :man1: optimism...
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby The Rock on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:17 am

Right of the Lakers insider's mouth...someone who's around the team 24/7, hangs around the players, during practice, etc. He even flat out said Dwight resisted and Kobe is at fault? This guy pissed off freakin Steve Nash whos is the most unselfish guy in the NBA

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/355230128973946880

Does DH think Harden's gonna cede HOU to his control like @ramonashelburne's report implied he wanted Kobe to?

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/355231494463168513
Harden is a guy who wants to be the man in his town. Kobe IS the man, but clearly wants to win above all.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/355236026320560129
Pretty clearly win above all. Olympics, 2009-10 Finals, even last year, changed his game according to need.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/355237082093993985
Not only resisted, flat out refused to run as D'Antoni/Nash asked, as Nash said nicely on @ESPNLA710.

How freaking dumb though...Dwight the best P & R finisher for a Center in 2011/2012 and the dude was injured and had bad hands in 2013, he simply didnt want to run a play where he didn't feel comfortable and didnt want to push his limitations SMDH. Really doesnt go to the extent you need him to win a ring...faces adversity and runs and resists

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am

TylerCaviar wrote:Had Magic kept playing past '96 could you imagine Shaq asking the Lakers to release Magic?

Bingo. If Kobe haters browse on here and just dismiss us as "Kobe Lovers" - just think about my man just said right now.

Now I know we made the right decision, the guy does not get it plain and simple. Gives you an idea what kind of idiots D12's surrounded himself with too.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby odom1year on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 am

No surprise at all. The only reason for him not resigning with Lakers is KOBE. He wants to be the man, he wants to shoot the ball and wants the most spotlight. Every young star coming to LA has the same aim. I've said many times that Kobe needs to pass the torch at this stage. He needs another superstar to win and needs to save energy for playoffs.
odom1year

Postby wallangong on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 am

^ notice how everyone is glad Dwight left? any young star who doesn't understand that the torch needs to be earned doesn't belong here.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby odom1year on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 am

kenzo wrote:Kobe - LA centers 2:0 :man9:

Not 3:0 ?

Shaq, Bynum and D12.
odom1year

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
That is great, lol, priceless

I really hope Kobe gets a hold of these quotes.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby kenzo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:23 am

odom1year wrote:
kenzo wrote:Kobe - LA centers 2:0 :man9:

Not 3:0 ?

Shaq, Bynum and D12.

Nahhh, the Bynum for Kidd thing didn't worked out :man9:
kenzo

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 am

I threw up a little in my mouth reading this. :man5:

Coward = the poster boy for the entitlement generation.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:00 am

He could have atleast dedicated himself to the franchise before making these "franchise player" requests. By all accounts from the local media he never really acted like he wanted to be here, and Nash stated as much in a decent interview (albeit in a very diplomatic way).

That matters more than the question of whether or not he's even "worthy" of being the next in line, because it doesn't matter how young and talented you are if you dont truly want to play here, and he never did.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 am

This is so asinine that part of me thinks it's damage control from the Lakers to turn fans completely against Dwight and forget about any issues we had with how the front office handled his free agency. I mean Dwight can't really be THAT much of a douche/idiot/coward, right?

... Who am I kidding? This totally sounds like something Dwight would do. I'm so glad we didn't hand the keys to the franchise to this entitled piece of crap.
Helljumper

Postby gill on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 am

So... amnesty Kobe, fire the coach, trade Pau, trade Nash, get Paul... anything else Dwight? Didn't he demand personnel moves in Orlando, too?

Somethings never change. Good riddance!
gill

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 am

Sure, let's make a guy with "primitive" post moves as Kareem characterized, and a free throw percentage worse than Shaq our No. 1 option. :freak2:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 am

odom1year wrote:No surprise at all. The only reason for him not resigning with Lakers is KOBE. He wants to be the man, he wants to shoot the ball and wants the most spotlight. Every young star coming to LA has the same aim. I've said many times that Kobe needs to pass the torch at this stage. He needs another superstar to win and needs to save energy for playoffs.

I believe Kobe wants to pass the torch (even mentioning that to Dwight) but does that mean he should ride off in the sunset? No. Kobe is still very productive with nearly two decades in the league. When Kobe said let me show you how to be a champion that would be called passing the torch. Learn from the master and then become the master.

D12 doesn't get it and never will. I was one of the few who did not want him signed. His game is limited and he will only decline from here once his athleticism wanes. Reminds me a little of Shawn Kemp without a jumpshot ... insanely athletic, has a few dozen baby mommas ... and as dumb as rocks. However, the difference between the two is that Howard is a narcissist.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:11 am

Mannnnnnnn.. Kobe dropping 40+ on Dwight will be 1 of the highlights of this season.. Not the main highlight, as that will be making it further with Kobe + Laker washouts than we did with Dwight.. Amnesty Kobe Bryant to keep Dwight, wow.. I've really heard it all now..
lakersin4

Postby nameant on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:18 am

Dwight, you are not a #1 guy....you will never win a title as the clear cut best player on your team.
nameant

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion