Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Re: Dwight's camp wanted Kobe amestied

Postby 100%effort on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:48 am

I'm not upset, but more pertubed that he feels his talent/skill set warrants such a request. He really believes his own marketing.
100%effort

Postby nduri on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 am

They both bear some of the blame, mostly Dwight, but Kobe isn't totally innocent. Dwight just expected of Kobe the same thing that Kobe expected of Shaq, which is to share the limelight, responsibility and to allow the other to shine. Granted, this should never go as far as to derail the ultimate goal of winning championships. Yes, Durant would come in and play a role to win, he has that type of personality from everything that I've seen, heard and read. Lebron knows how to win, and he seems to be a better teammate, as far as being able to allocate responsibility (sometimes to a fault) to the players around him. I have my doubts about Carmello, but again, it depends on how much he wants to win. As Dwight goes, no, in LA, he didn't really earn the right to expect Kobe, who was still better, more complete player, last season, to roll over and hand him the keys, but that should have never been an issue. They both have Ego's that make team basketball pretty difficult without that glue player on board, and last season, I expected Nash to be that player, but he was new, often injured and finding his own way with the players and the franchise. What will be interesting to me is how the personalities of Dwight and Harden mesh. Will Harden revert to his playmaking ways like when in OKC, or has he become accustomed/addicted to being The Man? I think, the willingness of Harden to channel that OKC player will ultimately determine the success of that teams championship aspirations next season, but I'm not sure he wants to go back to being that person.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby raviator on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 am

raviator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:54 am

Kobe = Rafiki
Dwight = The Fake Simba
Antelope = LakerNation
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Kerppo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 am

kblo247 wrote:Then Mitch and Jim bring him into the meeting, and basically say tell him Dwight.

Kinda like the players meeting when he bad mouthed him and the Lakers and Kobe say talk to his face, and Dwight said nothing. Or the all star week where he was said to be talking about him and then wouldn't say anything when Kobe or Melo was around according to Stephen A Smith

He wanted the Lakers to pull a SVG, without putting any work in to prove his loyalty. Kobe put work, outplayed him last year. Kobe put work more so than Shaq over time, more than Eddie and Nick which is why la stuck with him. Its a weird dynamic that went through thus team with Dwight.

Is not just Kobe. You have Pau pissed off and not even wishing him well. You have Nash saying he didn't want to be here or but in. You have Metta saying chemistry just improved when Dwight chose Houston and that they would contend without him, and then Kobe and Pau both tweeting support to Metta when the amnesty news hit. You have former lakers being called back in talking about we love LA. Legends roasting Dwight.

Lets all just be blunt. Kobe carried your punk *** through your injury, willing this team to wins and over 500 in the west, third best record in all the league the second half of the season. Dude sacrificed his body for a selfish prick like you. He was the only Laker healthy through the whole year; shouldering more and more of the load each time a player went down.

He killed his body playing near 48 minutes a night in march and april to make the playoffs. He pushed so hard in a game he had no business being in against golden state to make the playoffs (after going down 3 times earlier in that game). Hit clutch free throws in the fourth with a torn Achilles to give the Lakers a chance at the playoffs.

Insert Ice Cube video.

It all comes back to why the **** didn't Dwight opt out if he knew he risked being where he didn't want to be, which was anywhere but Brooklyn? And why the **** didn't he man up and outplay Kobe, put the work in, and stake his claim to show why he should be seen as the star let alone equal? Good riddance, I'd go to war with fat Shaq, Soft Pau, or washed up mental Odom any day.

Dwight needs to learn theirs level to this ****, and he wasnt on Kobe's level last year or in his career. He was a damn disgrace to the jersey and the names it represents front and back. Kobe didnt everything he has done, play on knees that needed surgery three times, with torn labrums, broken ribs, busted hands, an ankle that needed surgery to pass the keys to someone like Dwight. Shaq didnt kick every centers a** to matchup the legacy of Wilt, Kareem, and Mikan for someone like Dwight to be the guy. Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Horry, Fisher, Shaw, Fox, Odom, Pau, Goodrich, West, Wilkes, Rambis, Green, and guys like them ... Men like them, Dr Buss, Phil, and Riley didnt bleed, sweat, lose countless hours of sleep, and climb the mountain to give him the god damn torch. You want the **** torch, the **** statue, your name on that god damn wall, and to be remembered forever as a Laker great and champion you earn it, you take it, and you bust your a** for it. What a **** coward

Post of the year!
Kerppo

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:05 am

same disrespectful back stabbing he did to SVG to try and run him out of magic coaching job. Scumbag
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby c.Lin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:06 am

This guy is such an immature, entitled kid. What has he ever done to deserve, or even warrant the consideration of, being the man? Now I understand why he hasn't improved his game AT ALL in several years. Instead of being humble and looking at himself to improve, he expects to be catered to at all costs. Good riddance. I'm so happy the Lakers didn't invest their future on this bum.
c.Lin

Postby nameant on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:26 am

c.Lin wrote:Instead of being humble and looking at himself to improve, he expects to be catered to at all costs.

Sounds like 90% of the new generation of "stars".
nameant

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am

Youch. Yeah, the guy was a big knucklehead, there's little doubt. Too bad it all went so poorly. I wish him bad luck in Houston.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 am

The "who's team is it" brainwash was birthed from Shaq and Kobe. No one ever use to ask who's team it was when Bird, Mchale and parrish or magic, kareem and worthy were playing together.
OX1947

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am

So happy this guy is gone...
JLaker17

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 am

kblo247 wrote:Then Mitch and Jim bring him into the meeting, and basically say tell him Dwight.

Kinda like the players meeting when he bad mouthed him and the Lakers and Kobe say talk to his face, and Dwight said nothing. Or the all star week where he was said to be talking about him and then wouldn't say anything when Kobe or Melo was around according to Stephen A Smith

He wanted the Lakers to pull a SVG, without putting any work in to prove his loyalty. Kobe put work, outplayed him last year. Kobe put work more so than Shaq over time, more than Eddie and Nick which is why la stuck with him. Its a weird dynamic that went through thus team with Dwight.

Is not just Kobe. You have Pau pissed off and not even wishing him well. You have Nash saying he didn't want to be here or but in. You have Metta saying chemistry just improved when Dwight chose Houston and that they would contend without him, and then Kobe and Pau both tweeting support to Metta when the amnesty news hit. You have former lakers being called back in talking about we love LA. Legends roasting Dwight.

Lets all just be blunt. Kobe carried your punk *** through your injury, willing this team to wins and over 500 in the west, third best record in all the league the second half of the season. Dude sacrificed his body for a selfish prick like you. He was the only Laker healthy through the whole year; shouldering more and more of the load each time a player went down.

He killed his body playing near 48 minutes a night in march and april to make the playoffs. He pushed so hard in a game he had no business being in against golden state to make the playoffs (after going down 3 times earlier in that game). Hit clutch free throws in the fourth with a torn Achilles to give the Lakers a chance at the playoffs.

Insert Ice Cube video.

It all comes back to why the **** didn't Dwight opt out if he knew he risked being where he didn't want to be, which was anywhere but Brooklyn? And why the **** didn't he man up and outplay Kobe, put the work in, and stake his claim to show why he should be seen as the star let alone equal? Good riddance, I'd go to war with fat Shaq, Soft Pau, or washed up mental Odom any day.

Dwight needs to learn theirs level to this ****, and he wasnt on Kobe's level last year or in his career. He was a damn disgrace to the jersey and the names it represents front and back. Kobe didnt everything he has done, play on knees that needed surgery three times, with torn labrums, broken ribs, busted hands, an ankle that needed surgery to pass the keys to someone like Dwight. Shaq didnt kick every centers a** to matchup the legacy of Wilt, Kareem, and Mikan for someone like Dwight to be the guy. Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Horry, Fisher, Shaw, Fox, Odom, Pau, Goodrich, West, Wilkes, Rambis, Green, and guys like them ... Men like them, Dr Buss, Phil, and Riley didnt bleed, sweat, lose countless hours of sleep, and climb the mountain to give him the god damn torch. You want the **** torch, the **** statue, your name on that god damn wall, and to be remembered forever as a Laker great and champion you earn it, you take it, and you bust your a** for it. What a **** coward

There's a lot of great posts here, but this is definitely among the top of them.

So well said. :bow:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 am

odom1year wrote:No surprise at all. The only reason for him not resigning with Lakers is KOBE. He wants to be the man, he wants to shoot the ball and wants the most spotlight. Every young star coming to LA has the same aim. I've said many times that Kobe needs to pass the torch at this stage. He needs another superstar to win and needs to save energy for playoffs.

LMAO. I was wondering if you were going to come in with that "pass the torch" crap. Come on man I know it is hard to admit you were wrong but damn. Kobe didn't need to pass the torch (like many of us said) to the boy child Dwight. I can give you one thing, you are consistent. lol
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:19 am

lets see how long before Howard gets annoyed with Harden and his chucking ways.
khmrP

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 am

no wonder that punk left

the Lakers showed him loyalty...he had no idea what they were talkin about

Dwight has become my most hated player in the NBA...more than Garnett and Dhantay Jones
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:58 am

I'm gona enjoy seeing hack-a-howard now at least :man10:
khmrP

Postby ZeroXoreZ on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

Dwight Howard is a no good mother -------. I dislike him more and more with each day. I hope he keeps the childish demeanor with the Rockets and he implodes that team.
Bring back Luke Walton.
ZeroXoreZ

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 am

when Bryant mentioned how he wanted to play two to three years more after his contract runs out I felt it would stick in Howard's craw. He likely had visions of taking over but wanted to usurp Bryant as early as possible. In the same vein, 24 probably said so because it came to him that Howard was not THE guy to take over the face of the franchise at all.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:49 am

What a joke, this guy actually had the balls to inquire whether or not the Lakers would amnesty Kobe? We're talking about a Laker legend here, a guy whose won five championships with the franchise.

So glad he's gone.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Juronimo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 am

Dwight really asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe? wtf :man3:

That can't be true. No way. That is just unreal.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby dak22 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 am

Juronimo wrote:Dwight really asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe? wtf :man3:

That can't be true. No way. That is just unreal.

Is it when he pulls crap like this:

dak22

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 am

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:12 am

For once, I am now mad and Dwight, think he is dumb, and am kind of glad he is gone.

THIS IS YOUR LOGIC? You wanted Kobe to hand things to you almost instantly and then disappear into the sunset? OF COURSE HE WILL GO OUT ON HIS OWN TERMS AND OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO GROOM YOU TO TAKE THE TEAM FROM HIM AND IT MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF SEASONS......look how long it took him from when he was drafted to when he won a championship. He had to learn how to do it. This isn't even an ego thing on Kobe's part....that's logical thinking. "Look Dwight, you will get this team but I need to see that when I leave you aren't going to tank it and ruin it's legacy in a season or two after I go. So I will show you the ropes and then when I feel you are fit, I will walk off." Saying 2-3 more seasons not only sounds like something of a thing for him to want to play, but maybe he say Dwight wasn't progressing fast enough and was trying to do it for Dwight too.

Look, if Dwight wants to come back after Houston, I will let him.....but this makes you look kind of dumb man. You gotta earn something, and sometimes that takes time. It isn't just something handed from one big name to the next. You get it when the head feels you are ready for it and your past history doesn't mean you just get it instantly, different situation so you gotta work up for it again.

Best of luck in Houston, maybe because there isn't much to earn there and Harden just wants to give everything away, you will have more success, but yeah.....you weren't ready to take control of the Lakers man.
The Laker Link

Postby karacha on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:12 am

My comment: F- no.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:20 am

Nah, Dwight is done as a Laker. I can't even call him a Laker.

I accepted his inability to hit free throws, his lack of post up game, hell, him smiling after losing.

But based on his decision and the facts surrounding his decision I feel makes him dishonorable and a coward.

It sickens me that I have his jersey. I want to rip the letters off to put Divac on there.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion