D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby KJ MonK on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:52 pm

i cant see why he'd struggle vs jj hickson or Aldridge even on a back-to-back
still cant believe the dude put up a 20/20/6 in his last game when he NEEDED surgery... i dont expect much letdown unless his conditioning isnt back
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

D-12 Gonna Destroy the Mavs Especially with Dirk Missing
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby DarkHadou10 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am

Anybody know D12's status for tonights game?
DarkHadou10

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 am

DarkHadou10 wrote:Anybody know D12's status for tonights game?

no words yet ...
wcsoldier81

Postby byo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

Is D12 going to play today? Any news?
byo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

dude... the post right above yours?...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby byo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I don't know where I had my eyes when I was posting, thanks
byo

Postby last stand on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm

why did dwight miss last nights game. i've kind of been out of the loop. is his back flaring up or was it just rest
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

byo wrote:I don't know where I had my eyes when I was posting, thanks

no worries. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

last stand wrote:why did dwight miss last nights game. i've kind of been out of the loop. is his back flaring up or was it just rest

Just normal rest. He was sore from the first game all over his body, they just gave him the night off.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Dwight Howard wanted trade to Nets

Updated: October 25, 2012, 3:58 PM ET
By Mike Mazzeo | ESPNNewYork.com
Email
Print

Dwight Howard admitted Thursday that he wanted to be traded from the Orlando Magic to the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But] I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Nets Blog

Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
• Photo gallery

" … I think there's a reason why everything happened the way it happened. So far it's been an unbelievable experience for me. … It's like a dream come true."

Howard endured a tumultuous final season with the Orlando Magic in 2011-12. The three-time defensive player of the year demanded a trade to the Nets at the beginning of the season, but the two sides couldn't reach a deal.

Eventually, despite myriad trade rumors all the way up to the trade deadline, Howard stunningly agreed to waive his early-termination option and committed to stay with Orlando through the 2012-13 season. But his "loyalty" to the only franchise he'd ever known was short-lived.

Trade talks between Brooklyn and Orlando intensified once again in the offseason, with Nets general manager Billy King offering Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries and four first-round draft picks to the Magic in exchange for Howard. But after a deal could not be consummated, the Nets elected to move on from their all-in pursuit of Howard, and Orlando GM Rob Henningan orchestrated a four-team blockbuster trade to send him to Los Angeles.

"The whole year a lot of people were making up a lot of stories about 'This deal is getting close, that deal is getting close to being done,' or whatever, but none of those deals were ever close," Howard said.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

"I thought I was going to get traded at the beginning of the year, actually, that's when I asked for it. But everything happened for a reason. I had to go through last year to get to where I'm at today. It's made me a stronger and better person for it. I had to go through the hell and the stormy forecast to come out to a place like this … and I'm thankful for it."

Howard was heavily criticized throughout what became known as the "Dwightmare" for seemingly changing his mind often and ultimately trying to please everyone but himself.

"I think a lot of it was people just felt like I was going back and forth with the whole thing," Howard said. "But the business side, people don't understand, when you're doing business you have to be a shark. You have to demand things. If you don't, people will run over you, and that was a lesson that I learned.

" … At the end of the day, you can't please everybody. There's gonna be people happy about me staying, there's gonna be people happy about me leaving. … I'm over that now. I can't control the way how people feel about me."

Howard is now in pursuit of his first NBA championship as a Laker, and hopes playing with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol & Co. "will help bring the dog all the way out of me."

Shaquille O'Neal recently made headlines when he said he'd take big men Andrew Bynum and Lopez over Howard.

"I hate talking about myself, but I think everything that I do for my team on both ends is just being dominant, and I don't think there's anybody that can take that away or do it like I can," Howard said.

Howard reiterated that he should've won a fourth consecutive NBA Defensive Player of the Year award last season.

"I do. I pride myself on defense. Numbers don't lie," he said.

Howard is also upset that the center position is being removed from the All-Star ballot.

"I don't think it's right. I don't think it's fair," Howard said. "They can say that there's not a lot of centers in the NBA, but the truth of the matter is, it's gonna come back around.

"You can't just take it away because that's still a very important position. Everything starts with the center. It might not be the flashiest person on the court. It might not be the person that gets the most points, but that's the person that controls the paint on both ends."

Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8551186/dwight-howard-reveals-desire-had-trade-brooklyn-nets
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't think it's any secret that Howard originally wanted to be traded to Brooklyn. I think what happened was Howard saw that the Nets simply couldn't put a trade offer good enough for Orlando to accept. In short the trade to Brooklyn wasn't gonna happen. He finally came to this conclusion and realized that the best place for him both marketing and basketball was in Los Angeles with the Lakers. He'd get a chance to play with two first ballot hall of famers in Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash and also a probable future hall of famer in Pau Gasol. Howard wouldn't been an idiot to pass up that kind of opportunity to play with so much talent.

I also think Dwight got some bad advice, the entire situation was handled very poorly and some of it was his fault, but not all of it. He's still a young guy and relatively immature. I think you saw that during this whole Dwightmare. To his Dwight's credit he wised up and now here we're in October getting ready for a season where we have a legit shot at winning a championship. Just forget about all the non sense and just play basketball. Winning cures everything. Dwight's rep has taken a bit of a hit, but he can fix it. Just win a championship and everything will be forgotten.

I've said it before, but Howard's biggest impact is gonna be defensively. He's the best defensive anchor in the game by a good margin. Bynum at times was a great defensive anchor, but not on a consistent every night basis. He is really slow at rotating although having two huge defensive liabilities like Blake and Sessions didn't help. Howard has made a living throughout his career of making others look better on the defensive end.

Dwight has never really played with a good defender. Now he'll be playing with Metta World Peace who when healthy and in shape which he appears to be now is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Kobe is also still a solid defender and a great one when he wants to be like in the Olympics. Nash is a bit of a liability, but no worse than Sessions and Blake were. Howard is gonna make guys look so much better on defense. Offensively he'll get his touches in the post, but with so many offensive options on this team with guys like Nash, Kobe, Pau, Jamison, World Peace etc. alot of his baskets will come off put backs and alley oops. He should shoot well over 60 percent.

All in all I fully expect Dwight to have his greatest season as a pro. Maybe not statistically, but from an impact stand point. I would say he'll average around 19 points, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, 63 percent shooting, 25 PER, and at least a TS percentage over 60. Probably higher. I don't think he'll win MVP, but he could end up being in the discussion at the very least.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm

I actually liked that little piece from Howard at the end.

Flex your muscle big man, let's see you with that "dominance" tonight. I want to see some Kobe in you...

wait that came out wrong.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Not for all of us, wait that's a little gay :man1:
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:I actually liked that little piece from Howard at the end.

Flex your muscle big man, let's see you with that "dominance" tonight. I want to see some Kobe in you...

what the hell? Are we now BrokeBack Lakers....lol
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I actually liked that little piece from Howard at the end.

what the hell? Are we now BrokeBack Lakers....lol

You must not have TWC..........backdoor Lakers is on after 12 every night, they really do go behind the scenes....

......Or was it backstage Lakers? Hmmm.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Hes playing tonight. YUSSS

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:18 pm

The Rock wrote:Hes playing tonight. YUSSS

Link?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks for the update.
Kit

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

The Rock wrote:Hes playing tonight. YUSSS

:jam2: Good News!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Solid game by Dwight, too much reaching for my liking (5 fouls) looked a little limited on offense, but did some nice passes and still played good defense, still has some ways to go to be the old Dwight, not worried though.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ken_rosseneri on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 pm

If Dwight Howard gets in foul trouble early in a game in the future we would lose the game. I wish we had the Clippers bench. No one to really lead our 2nd unit. That used to be Odom's job but as of right now, we need consistent scorers for our bench. I believe we'll make moves again, prob in january.
Ken_rosseneri

Postby karacha on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I posted this in our "optimism" thread, but since this is Dwight talking... it belongs here as well:

"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 pm

lmao, this video remind me of Allen Iverson practice video :man10: i watched full postgame interview, Dwight said "proces" about 10 times :man10:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard