D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: leading the league in rebounding

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I think D12 has mailed it in. He ain't staying. Better trade him before the off-season.

Blow it all up. Trade everyone. Hope Kobe retires.
borri

Postby StudentOfTheGame on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed.

He's got no footwork, poor fundamentals, bad hands, no touch on his shot, he can't play off the ball and he can't score in the post consistently. He doesn't really even set very good screens. Then to top off all of that, he can't hit free throws. I'm not buying the back recovery excuse anymore. Outside of 3 or 4 games, the dude has played like a scrub trapped in the body of a Greek god. At this point, I DGAF if he bolts.
StudentOfTheGame

Postby venky on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

He's fraudulent. I was hoping I was wrong before we traded for him. The dude is just a low skilled primadonna.
venky

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed. .

I tried to make this point all last season, along with the whole Bynum has to be the problem on defense crap.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

let him leave if he wants

it's not like he makes a difference anyways. i never realized how raw he is
432J

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Leading the league in switching teams in the off-season. I'd rather just rebuild from scratch. With the way he's played so far, he's too expensive to keep.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm

can we return him for some in-store credit? he's defective
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed. .

I tried to make this point all last season, along with the whole Bynum has to be the problem on defense crap.

and where exactly would we be right now with Bynum?
khmrP

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

dude we're 17-24...how much worse could it get.

anyways, bynum is coming back for philly after the all star break. should be interesting to see how he looks
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Yeah, Bynum's defense was never the problem. He was one of the best help defenders we had (dare I say look up my post history :man4: ). It was Pau that was declining and Bynum rising. My only knock was that the offense seemed stagnant whenever we threw the ball into him, but maybe we could have played better with Clark/Jamison/Hill. Ultimately, and unfortunately, his knees had to give out. :man5:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Orlando is probably laughing their balls off now that we're even thinking about getting rid of him. :man10:
dj vitus

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
anyways, bynum is coming back for philly after the all star break. should be interesting to see how he looks

and you really believe that? :man10: and yes it COULD be so much worse right now, Pau vagina would be rip in half at this point since Bynum isn't around
Last edited by khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby GoldenChocobo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

Bowling.
GoldenChocobo

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm

I wasn't saying we would be better off with Bynum right now. My point was the defense is from a lack of the perimeter players and Pau not helping the helper and sucking on defense. You could plug the best defensive center in the game into this lineup and we would still suck because our perimeter defense sucks.

Bynum or D12 it doesn't matter, until our perimeter defense gets better along with our rotations, we will still be horrendous defensively.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed.

Even the great Steve Nash couldn't help him, unless it's a team with no defensive bigs not named Miami.
dj vitus

Postby basilhayden on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 pm

khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

A healthy Bynum is >> than a healthy D12 on this team. We would be above .500 -- no doubt.
basilhayden

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 pm

khmrP wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:

and you really believe that? :man10: and yes it COULD be so much worse right now, Pau vagina would be rip in half at this point since Bynum isn't around

well that's philly's business more than anyone's. i'm just saying i don't think it would be much worse had we kept bynum record-wise. 17-24 is pretty bottom of the barrel, any worse is just more of the same.
lakersyunowin

Postby Armani on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

He should sit out the rest of this season, and rest his back. His offense is a non factor on court anyway.
Armani

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
khmrP wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:

well that's philly's business more than anyone's. i'm just saying i don't think it would be much worse had we kept bynum record-wise. 17-24 is pretty bottom of the barrel, any worse is just more of the same.

Seeing as how we play ZERO D. No Bynum....shoot we'd have 10 wins max. As crappy as D12 has played the last 2 games on O.....We won't win at least 7 games without his D. I am not even talking about the blocks but the amount of altered shots he forces on D.

Last 2 games, D12 has mailed it in. He's not even giving his normal effort on D. Not even close. Trade him.....yeah, probably a good idea because I fear he'll bolt this offseason. Sign a 1 year deal for the lower max. Then extend for the full max after that.....I think that's within the rules right?
borri

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm

borri wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
khmrP wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:

Seeing as how we play ZERO D. No Bynum....shoot we'd have 10 wins max. As crappy as D12 has played the last 2 games on O.....We won't win at least 7 games without his D. I am not even talking about the blocks but the amount of altered shots he forces on D.

Last 2 games, D12 has mailed it in. He's not even giving his normal effort on D. Not even close. Trade him.....yeah, probably a good idea because I fear he'll bolt this offseason. Sign a 1 year deal for the lower max. Then extend for the full max after that.....I think that's within the rules right?

Ugh, I hate to even think about the idea of trying to trade him. I don't know how many draft picks and promising young players we could get, but I feel like we're just 1 toilet flush away from mailing in this seemingly failed science experiment.
dj vitus

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 pm

basilhayden wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

A healthy Bynum is >> than a healthy D12 on this team. We would be above .500 -- no doubt.

umm hello, Bynum healthy this season? :freak2:
khmrP

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm

basilhayden wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

when has howard been healthy this season
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed.

He's got no footwork, poor fundamentals, bad hands, no touch on his shot, he can't play off the ball and he can't score in the post consistently. He doesn't really even set very good screens. Then to top off all of that, he can't hit free throws. I'm not buying the back recovery excuse anymore. Outside of 3 or 4 games, the dude has played like a scrub trapped in the body of a Greek god. At this point, I DGAF if he bolts.

What's weirder is that our outside shooting this season is better than it was last season. I can't imagine how bad D12 would have been on last seasons' team.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:39 pm

revgen wrote:

What's weirder is that our outside shooting this season is better than it was last season. I can't imagine how bad D12 would have been on last seasons' team.

well we have less defense this season. (somehow), we are running a worse offense for a center (somehow) and kobe is shooting more (understandably)

not that hard to figure it out
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 pm

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:

well we have less defense this season. (somehow), we are running a worse offense for a center (somehow) and kobe is shooting more (understandably)

not that hard to figure it out

The offense last year wasn't exactly great for a center. No shooters. No man movement. No ball movement. No PG. Everybody standing around.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard