D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 am

Who gives a damn. With or without Dwight we're going nowhere. Anybody that still thinks Dwight could carry the franchise after Kobe is gone is clueless.
nameant

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:49 am

You beat me to it, I was just about to post this ... but right now I would take a package around Brook Lopez if we could somehow unload some trash (Blake, Morris) and get back guys like Watson, Brooks, Blatche (but no part of Humphries please!) ... i'm sick and tired of D12
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby kakafung on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:54 am

anyone can tell what did that mean???? :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
it's totally embarrassed and i really want to see kobe's reaction to him
kakafung

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:59 am

^ No surprise here. There's a reason Dwight's dedication has always been questioned. Dood doesn't care about winning.
nameant

Postby kakafung on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 am

nameant wrote:^ No surprise here. There's a reason Dwight's dedication has always been questioned. Dood doesn't care about winning.

kobe really sad and quoting in the post game even though no naming
but we all know who's he talking about
kakafung

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 am

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'd rather we try to bring Bynum back. I know he's injury prone, but at least he had a nasty streak.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 am

No.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 am

kakafung wrote:Image

anyone can tell what did that mean???? :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
it's totally embarrassed and i really want to see kobe's reaction to him

Idiot!!! Send him and Blake to Nets for Lopez, Brooks and CJ Watson and end with this crap already. I know Lopez is injury prone but he is still young and he dont smile when lose with 25 points....Brooks is young talent, who can become great player and give Kobe lots of minutes to rest, CJ Watson nice player for buckup PG
themasterphil

Postby kenzo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 am

nameant wrote:Who gives a damn. With or without Dwight we're going nowhere. Anybody that still thinks Dwight could carry the franchise after Kobe is gone is clueless.

Who can carry it though? Bron? Durant can't do ish even with great OKC team.
kenzo

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am

kenzo wrote:
nameant wrote:Who gives a damn. With or without Dwight we're going nowhere. Anybody that still thinks Dwight could carry the franchise after Kobe is gone is clueless.

There is not always an immediate answer. We can't pretend Dwight is the answer anymore. I have never believed a team with Dwight as their best player would win a title and he has shown me NOTHING to change my mind. If we're this bad with Nash and Kobe....how are we gonna look 2-3 years down the road without them?
nameant

Postby kenzo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am

nameant wrote:
kenzo wrote:

There is not always an immediate answer. We can't pretend Dwight is the answer anymore. I have never believed a team with Dwight as their best player would win a title and he has shown me NOTHING to change my mind. If we're this bad with Nash and Kobe....how are we gonna look 2-3 years down the road without them?

I don't know man :man6: It'll be a sad day when Kobe hangs them up but i still think Dwight is a nice first piece to build around. Different coach, different system, "few" personel changes... it sucks to start from scratch :bang:
kenzo

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am

nameant wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Well, Dwight isn't our best player. He's our second best player. And we're still not winning. Now, I don't know if that means no team with Dwight Howard as the second best player can win either...

But it doesn't make sense to me that Howard was the #1 on a worse team and fared better (much better) than he is being the #2 on a better team.

Maybe it's like having two awesome pieces of clothing. A patterned shirt and patterned pants but when you put them together they look like poo.
JGC

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 am

kenzo wrote:
nameant wrote:
kenzo wrote:

I don't know man :man6: It'll be a sad day when Kobe hangs them up but i still think Dwight is a nice first piece to build around. Different coach, different system, "few" personel changes... it sucks to start from scratch :bang:

Well, I'm not sure if Dwight would be the guy to build around. I'm starting to think he is probably not that guy. But I think if anyone thinks Dwight Howard can't be a valuable piece on a good, championship caliber team well, they're dead wrong.
JGC

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 am

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'd rather we try to bring Bynum back. I know he's injury prone, but at least he had a nasty streak.

lil good that does when he can't get on the floor :freak2:
khmrP

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 am

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] idiot! this guy is pathetic. :disagree: :bang:

EDIT: Don't bypass the site swear filter. - TIME
denimPortugal

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 am

kenzo wrote:
nameant wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Meh.....Maybe I've been too hard on Dwight. I'm starting to come around and think that if the Lakers go all in on this.....we embrace Dan Tony and HIS system and have that tailored to what Dwight himself wants we might really have something exciting to watch going forward.

Just think of it....Howard with his now diminished post game (from whatever he used to have) camped out around the key every possession..... and we can watch with great anticipation what he does with the ball as the offense runs through him. I'm liking this a lot. Even more exciting and fun to watch is the 4 guys standing around beyond the 3 point line waiting for Dwight to pass them the ball so they can chuck long 3's every game.

It's a beautiful thing..... post skills and shooting skills are lost arts, with all the emphasis on making ESPN's top 10 every night, and we just be patient with Dwight and we can enjoy all the above ......every night.
LTLakerFan

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 am

L4L wrote:Overall, Dwight isn't as talented as some of the other superstars in this league, but, when healthy, he is so much better than the other Cs in this league, he warrants the max, IMHO. A healthy Dwight guarantees that you will massively outproduce basically any team in the league at the C position. He also led a team that had Nelson-Hedo-Lewis in the lineup to ELITE defensive efficiencies. He just hasn't been the same player in L.A. and I am more than willing to chalk that up to health. Next year, regardless of where he ends up, his true impact will be on full display.

L4L has spoken, agree with everything you said, too much delusion, panic, and shortsightedness going on right now
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:You beat me to it, I was just about to post this ... but right now I would take a package around Brook Lopez if we could somehow unload some trash (Blake, Morris) and get back guys like Watson, Brooks, Blatche (but no part of Humphries please!) ... i'm sick and tired of D12

"I don't want to give Dwight a max, so trade for a ok center making max"

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 am

JGC wrote:
nameant wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Well, Dwight isn't our best player. He's our second best player. And we're still not winning. Now, I don't know if that means no team with Dwight Howard as the second best player can win either...

But it doesn't make sense to me that Howard was the #1 on a worse team and fared better (much better) than he is being the #2 on a better team.

Maybe it's like having two awesome pieces of clothing. A patterned shirt and patterned pants but when you put them together they look like poo.

Well that's my point. Even as the #2 behind Kobe he can't get it done. I've always thought Dwight was that perfect #2 but wouldn't win as the #1, but perhaps he's one of those stars that would rather not win as a #1 than to be a complimentary piece. It's an ego thing. He obviously gave more effort in Orlando as a #1 even tho I think his "success" was a bit of fool's gold, playing in a weak conference and his team's best year KG wasn't even in the playoffs. I don't doubt with a new team as the #1 guy Dwight can win the Lakers some games and maybe make us a "top team" in the conference but I just cannot see a team win a title around Dwight. He has done nothing to prove to us he can or wants to get that done.
nameant

Postby Center Court on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 am

If the Nets had cap space, I think he'd walk, but they don't. There is no possibility to sign him. As far as a sign and trade, Lakers won't do it for Brook Lopez. If BK can find a third team (Minny- Love) then I think that's possible.

All in all, where there is smoke there is fire. People don't pull stories like this out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].. Even without reaching, you can tell Dwight is really not in this. Maybe he is so mentally fragile that he figures this year is a bust, let's just clear my head for next year. Maybe he knows this isn't where he wanted to be and now that he's here he can't stand being here, thus quitting, but either way, he seems to send every possible signal that I don't/won't care.

It's a shame.

IMO it's his health that is the root of all this. Then, factor in all the drama the media stirs, a horrible coach for a C, and Kobe's overwhelming personality... it's a recipe for failure.

If I'm Mitch, I let him test whatever the hell he wants. Here's your choices:

Lakers
Rockets
Atlanta
Mavericks

Atlanta is out. Rockets worry me and Dallas is obviously a huge step back but with Dwight, that is maybe what he needs. I'm hopeful something clicks this season, but I'm not counting on it. Maybe a couple months of off season to reevaluate himself will do wonders.
Center Court

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am

last stand wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:You beat me to it, I was just about to post this ... but right now I would take a package around Brook Lopez if we could somehow unload some trash (Blake, Morris) and get back guys like Watson, Brooks, Blatche (but no part of Humphries please!) ... i'm sick and tired of D12

"I don't want to give Dwight a max, so trade for a ok center making max"

um when did I say that? I'm not one of those guys who wouldn't give Dwight the Max. But to me it looks like he'll walk anyway and before that I'd much rather have a guy who's actually playing some inspired basketball and try to get some talent for our group. Hard to get right? Don't quote some ish that I never said ok - get your quotes right dude ...
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 am

Point still stands. You want to trade Dwight for an average player with a big contract. Ridiculous either way

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

Legendary wrote:Stephen A. Smith is saying Dwight wants out of L.A., and that Dwight told Rudy Gay he's going to Brooklyn.

"Not happy being in L.A., not happy playing alongside Kobe."

Here's the podcast...go to about the 33:47 mark. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8948652

Transcript is HERE.

Take it for what it's worth.

Ok, I may be listening/hearing this wrong, but if I've heard Stephen A. Smith correctly, he said that Dwight told Rudy Gay during a Toronto game he should have waited so they both could have played together in Brooklyn, right? I think that's what I heard.

Now, going from that, there was a report that when Rudy Gay was on the trading block awhile back he wanted to go too Orlando to team up with him. So, hey may in fact want to play with Dwight. No dispute from me. Where it gets sticky, and maybe I got this wrong, Stephen A said Dwight told Rudy Gay this during a Toronto game that we played recently.

First of all, the last time we played Toronto was on January 20th. Rudy Gay wasn't apart of the Raptors then; the trade was made afterwards. So, unless he informed Gay by text, by telephoning him or whatever form of communication Dwight decided to use I question the accuracy of Stephen A's version of this story.

Hell, Dwight might want to leave. He probably does for all I know. However, for an injury plagued 27-year old with a back issue that could always be there, he'd be insane to leave money on the table. But it's Dwight, so you never know...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 am

I just do not see Dwight being moved before the deadline. I've said it before and I stand by it. Damn, the media really wants to create as much drama as humanly possible don't they? It's not enough that we're on the knife's edge just trying to make it into the playoffs, and that Dr. Jerry Buss is battling for his life. There's got to be more conjured up nonsense from the media, too? That timeline makes it impossible as pointed out by DHD and even the article about this supposed talk between Dwight and Gay. This is getting asinine. Can't wait til the deadline has passed, personally. Meanwhile, why are we not picking up another big with the Jordan Hill injury exception? We could use some help. What happened with Amundson?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

If i see Dwight fastball another 6ft hook shot at the backboard, I'm going to throw my TV out the window.
phoenixrisingla

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard