D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: David Lee revenge game 2nite

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 26s
Dwight addressed the team before practice. "We’ve all done special things in our career before," he said. "And it’s time to do it again."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

It's time to Rise Up Dwight. Pull the troops together.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm rooting for him, because hopefully he's a huge piece of our future, need to see him step up in all aspects, offense, defense, leadership. He cannot be picking up 2 silly fouls in the 1st anymore, we need him on the floor.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 56m
Dwight on taking over as the leader in Kobe's absence: "That’s why they brought me here."

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 1h
Dwight: This team’s got to ride my back even though my back is still healing. I feel I can do all things & take this team to the next level.
Expand

It's looking like D12 is trying to seize the moment right now and step up for his fallen teammate. Good signs from Dwight. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:30 pm

will the refs be nicer to him now since hes our only superstar?
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

one guy shows up and one guy talks. I really hope D12 puts his money where his mouth is.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby last stand on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:03 pm

dwights back is still healing? why was he playing in october?
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Re: Dwight Discussion: This team's got to ride my back (948)

Postby EQualizer on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Why did he have to wait until Kobe is out to put the team on his back? I'm seriously tired of his excuses wah wah wah my back my shoulder. Everything is someone else's fault instead of his own. Kobe has a freaking ruptured achilles tendon and still makes 2 free throws. What's Dwight's excuse?!! It is so hard to watch this team with Dwight being the supposed next franchise player, especially now that Kobe is actually out.
EQualizer

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 56m
Dwight on taking over as the leader in Kobe's absence: "That’s why they brought me here."

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 1h
Dwight: This team’s got to ride my back even though my back is still healing. I feel I can do all things & take this team to the next level.
Expand

It's looking like D12 is trying to seize the moment right now and step up for his fallen teammate. Good signs from Dwight. :jam2:

Hell yeah! I like what I'm reading in just those two quotes. Willing to take responsibility and step up and I really like the other quote not here from Serena Winters showing he is taking Kobe's example to heart. I really like Ramona Shelborne on radio. She's got a great voice, knows her bleep and is an ex championship softball pitcher.

Good for him and good for Pau....let's see what they can do. Only real back court we have is Blake though at this point. Then I guess we get some minutes from Duhon? And they will need to see Metta step up and score and D the bleep up and play smart. Might be interesting. With Kobe on the bench assist coaching Dan with the right strategies it may make for some compelling games coming up. Let's see what all these guys are made of now. Go Lakers :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Great Video from Practice Today! You tell umm Dwight. You can tell he's matured this year :jam2: :bow:

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Weezy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Who's the guy hounding Dwight about free agency, is that Heisler? Like he's going to answer that question now, what a pointless thing to ask.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tragic on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm hoping Dwight can step up for us.
Tragic

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Weezy wrote:Who's the guy hounding Dwight about free agency, is that Heisler? Like he's going to answer that question now, what a pointless thing to ask.

Yes, Heisler
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby last stand on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 pm

anyone see the shaq interview.

he said dwight is going to have to average 10-15 more points. is shaq accidentally stupid or intentionally. yes shaq, dwight is going to magically do something not even you ever did.

having said that, i want to make the playoffs so dwight can get a feel for leading the team in a post season scenario.

since kobe's out might as well start the process of making sure dwight grows as a player for next season
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Great Video from Practice Today! You tell umm Dwight. You can tell he's matured this year :jam2: :bow:

OK I know all of us are looking at Dwight and listening to him and trying to determine what is sincere, what is self defense with all the mics pushed in his face waiting for a quote to run with, and what might be rote and PR rehearsed answers. We have our BS meters turned on. He said a number of things that were quick, sounded unrehearsed and genuine. That's all we can do....take him at his word about his state of mind in Lakerland and passion for the team. "Thumbs up" in memory of Roger. Let's see what you got big guy and yes lay off the freaking, cheap early fouls.
LTLakerFan

Postby karacha on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Alright Dwight. This might be a good opportunity for you to show us what you got. You have to lead the team. You have to play great D, rebound, even score more. Lead by example. Also, Pau and probably Jamison will have to step up big, and Nash has to do his best to return and give us all he's got right now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:02 pm

last stand wrote:anyone see the shaq interview.

he said dwight is going to have to average 10-15 more points. is shaq accidentally stupid or intentionally. yes shaq, dwight is going to magically do something not even you ever did.

having said that, i want to make the playoffs so dwight can get a feel for leading the team in a post season scenario.

since kobe's out might as well start the process of making sure dwight grows as a player for next season

Well considering Dwight is only averaging 17 points this season, 10 more shouldn't be an impossible goal, Shaq has averaged 28+ before, but I get what you're saying. I think Dwight's scoring doesn't need to take a huge leap, he's clearly not a huge scorer, he just needs to score like 20-22 IMO, stay out of foul trouble, play D like he has been, but pick it up on the boards.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 pm

dwight's right about one thing, there's no time to dwell and mourn kobe. they gotta go out and fight tooth and nail cuz that's what kobe would do if he was on the court with them. then you just let the chips fall where they may...

i think any success we may have in getting to the postseason and in the postseason (should we be so fortunate) really hinges on nash coming back and being (relatively) healthy.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby TIME on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm still more concerned about Dwight's commitment to rebound than his scoring.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm

get back to back 30-30s Dwight
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 pm

TIME wrote:I'm still more concerned about Dwight's commitment to rebound than his scoring.

yea...double digit rebounds in only 1 of the past 4 games iirc. i wonder if the foul-trouble has been playing a part in that, which he should also get a handle on.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Superman... rise!
gill

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Dwight's gonna have to score 20 ppg, especially if Nash isn't playing or isn't 100%. He seems to be maturing alot right now along with getting healthy & I can see him stepping up & making the most of this. Dwight in the post.. Nash, Blake, Meeks, Ron, Jamison, Clark (Glock?) have to hit their 3's. We're going to live & die by the 3 more than ever with the offense ran through Dwight. I'm concerned about Pau.. His 2 man game with Kobe created so much & got him into the flow of things. Hopefully he can step up as well, we could make a good run with the twin towers dominating.
lakersin4

Postby Forklift on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 pm

this season is such bad luck for us. First Nash injured, then Dwight injured in teh shoulder, then Gasol, then Meta, then Nash injured again and finally Kobe out for the rest of the season...

Edit: oh yeah forgot to mention Jordan Hill :bang:
Forklift

Postby Murdock on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:32 am

Its is nice to hear Dwight to say that he will carry this team ... the question is can he do it? I mean ever since Gasol came back its been such an abysmal difference between the two of them ... You really can see how bad dwight is on Offense ... and his D isn't what it used to be ... its spurts and not consistent ... hopefully he will pick it up but i am worried if he tries to lead us on Offense ...
Murdock

Postby JGC on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 am

If 'lack of chemistry' really is the reason that through 80 games we haven't been as good as expected, then, I think it's unfair to even think Dwight can dominate as the #1 guy.

If he does, great, if he doesn't, then wouldn't we say it's because of lack of chemistry and time to have Dwight as #1 option?
JGC

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard