D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 am

revgen wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight needs to be our first option, Kobe has got to stop shooting so damn much


Dwight hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he's a #1 option on offense.


You got the point. Kobe is very selfish and shot too many. D12 does not have the chance to show you anything in offense. Kobe just wants D12 helping him in defense and can save more energy for offense.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:54 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:D12 isn't 1st option material but he still needs more touches ( not just straight post up touches though , PNR/lobs off penetration) we need more balance and less Kobe ball


D12 proved he was 1st option material in Magic. Let's wait for Pau and Nash coming back. I think they are good pick and roll partner. Tired of Kobe shooting all the time. Can somebody tell him you ALONE wont save this Lakers. We need a TEAM indeed.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 am

Dwight needs the ball more, plain and simple.

Good things happen when he's posted up. What's discouraging is the lack of movement when we go to pick and roll sets. Our straight pick and roll never works because we set up the pick, have two guys weak side, and one in the corner.

Those guys not involved in the pick need to rotate around. When the pick occurs, the corner man goes to the level of the ball. When the pick occurs and Kobe (or Duhon) is driving, the two weak side need to rotate so that the defense can't guard both of them in one spot.

Not enough movement makes Dwight's offense a sad boy.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

The guy is getting his touches, how the heck did we open things up in the perimeter and hit like 15 3s then. Hes getting doubled and the ball movement off that is creating 3 point opportunities. He and the rest of the team just needs to play harder and focus better on Defense which has been non existent. I have minimal complaints about the offense
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

We shouldn't be reliant on the three ball. As well as we're hitting them, those misses turn into long rebounds and easy transition buckets for the other team. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're hitting them, and that we're one of the top 3 point shooting teams at the moment, but that's not going to cut it.

We need to get easy buckets, ones like when Jamison cuts to the basket for an easy layup, or quick passing that leads to a Howard dunk.

We're playing a lot of iso ball which is causing our turnovers/misses, allowing defenders to play tough D on our players.

I agree our defense needs to tighten up, but our offense has to be more fluid, simple, and executed.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 am

I honestly don't see many fast break opportunities off of our missed threes... what I'm seeing more of is other teams playing passing lanes against us and (most embarassingly) throwing the ball down the court on inbounds plays...

When we shoot the three and miss we'll usually have at least two guys back already because we've got two guys outside.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Juronimo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Yep alot of our transition issues are the result of turnovers resulting in transition. Some of our transition issues come off of makes and free throws which is inexcusable but happens due to defensive lazyness.

Regardless I'm not comfortable with the amount of 3's we're taking either. I'd much rather see more post play, cutting and moving off the ball.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:We shouldn't be reliant on the three ball. As well as we're hitting them, those misses turn into long rebounds and easy transition buckets for the other team. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're hitting them, and that we're one of the top 3 point shooting teams at the moment, but that's not going to cut it.

We need to get easy buckets, ones like when Jamison cuts to the basket for an easy layup, or quick passing that leads to a Howard dunk.

We're playing a lot of iso ball which is causing our turnovers/misses, allowing defenders to play tough D on our players.

I agree our defense needs to tighten up, but our offense has to be more fluid, simple, and executed.

It's actually the complete opposite. 3's lead to breaks when you shoot them in transition.. When you're playing inside out for your 3's the defense has to set & that limits their ability to leak out on breaks. It's not that we can't rely on 3's, we just need to do it right.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:We shouldn't be reliant on the three ball. As well as we're hitting them, those misses turn into long rebounds and easy transition buckets for the other team. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're hitting them, and that we're one of the top 3 point shooting teams at the moment, but that's not going to cut it.

We need to get easy buckets, ones like when Jamison cuts to the basket for an easy layup, or quick passing that leads to a Howard dunk.

We're playing a lot of iso ball which is causing our turnovers/misses, allowing defenders to play tough D on our players.

I agree our defense needs to tighten up, but our offense has to be more fluid, simple, and executed.

It's actually the complete opposite. 3's lead to breaks when you shoot them in transition.. When you're playing inside out for your 3's the defense has to set & that limits their ability to leak out on breaks. It's not that we can't rely on 3's, we just need to do it right.


Huh? Usually in transition sequences, it's 2 or 3 guys trying to go for the quick score, 2 guys sit back. In a set offense, the shot goes up the shooter is still there, his man leaks out. If he misses its a long rebound and outlet. Our team is not the quickest going from an offensive set to defense if we don't score, it's no secret.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:We shouldn't be reliant on the three ball. As well as we're hitting them, those misses turn into long rebounds and easy transition buckets for the other team. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're hitting them, and that we're one of the top 3 point shooting teams at the moment, but that's not going to cut it.

We need to get easy buckets, ones like when Jamison cuts to the basket for an easy layup, or quick passing that leads to a Howard dunk.

We're playing a lot of iso ball which is causing our turnovers/misses, allowing defenders to play tough D on our players.

I agree our defense needs to tighten up, but our offense has to be more fluid, simple, and executed.

It's actually the complete opposite. 3's lead to breaks when you shoot them in transition.. When you're playing inside out for your 3's the defense has to set & that limits their ability to leak out on breaks. It's not that we can't rely on 3's, we just need to do it right.


Huh? Usually in transition sequences, it's 2 or 3 guys trying to go for the quick score, 2 guys sit back. In a set offense, the shot goes up the shooter is still there, his man leaks out. If he misses its a long rebound and outlet. Our team is not the quickest going from an offensive set to defense if we don't score, it's no secret.

What I'm saying is if we post Dwight up & play from the inside out for our 3's, those guys won't be able to leak out as much because they'll be in their set defense to collapse on Dwight. If 1 guy leaks out on the shooter it's still a huge improvement.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:06 pm

I seriously think this guy is overrated. His offensive game is a joke. If he doesn't get easy looks for a dunk, he isn't gonna hurt you a lot.. He bricks FT after FT, he gets stripped so easily it's not even funny, he's got no real post repertoir, his hook shot is unconsistent.. Even his D isn't as good as advertised (though he's better than anyone on the team).
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby kobezaballa on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Finwë wrote:I seriously think this guy is overrated. His offensive game is a joke. If he doesn't get easy looks for a dunk, he isn't gonna hurt you a lot.. He bricks FT after FT, he gets stripped so easily it's not even funny, he's got no real post repertoir, his hook shot is unconsistent.. Even his D isn't as good as advertised (though he's better than anyone on the team).



THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO POST!! Dwight is a waste of a super human body...does not put the work in his moves are terrible all he can do is dunk and he misses those now too. I miss the Healthy Bynum when i see this, our team is terrible all we do is kobe ball now
kobezaballa

 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby kobeslaker on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

trade him for some athletic!
This guy can't do anything but block,he's just better version of McGee.
User avatar
kobeslaker

 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Lol people wanting to trade Dwight already. He has offensive game, he's shown it in more than a few times this season where he beasted for stretches, he just isn't aggressive enough right now when he gets the ball and he's not surrounded by shooters to free him up in the paint.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Weezy wrote:Lol people wanting to trade Dwight already. He has offensive game, he's shown it in more than a few times this season where he beasted for stretches, he just isn't aggressive enough right now when he gets the ball and he's not surrounded by shooters to free him up in the paint.


His free throw liability hurts alot, considering he's no where close to as dominant as prime Shaq was. And unlike Shaq, who learned to make them in crucial moments, Dwight usually misses or goes 1/2 each time.
LakerBoyz24

 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby escobar8 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm

to many striped balls right under the rim...robotic moves with bricking shots...
User avatar
escobar8

 
Posts: 9768
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I know he gets fouled a lot, he's gotta do better than 3-9 shooting. He's supposed to be very good around the hoop, shoot a high percentage, and right now it's like every few games that he actually does that. Where is the aggression to get his, where is the passion?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 pm

last 2 games were his worst as a laker. back when he wasn't close to 100% lack of effort was excusable to an extent. now at about 90-95% it isn't. he just doesn't care right now, has me worried he's dreaming of dallas already because this ship is sinking.

we are basically the 2011 philadelphia eagles right now and as an eagles fan it sucks pretty badly to have to say that
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

He needs a post game if he's gunna be posted up like this. He just doesn't have a real move to go to. everytime it's different and it's flat and misses. He may not be 100% but idk what that will do bc he looks like he is.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:Dwight needs the ball more, plain and simple.

Good things happen when he's posted up. What's discouraging is the lack of movement when we go to pick and roll sets. Our straight pick and roll never works because we set up the pick, have two guys weak side, and one in the corner.

Those guys not involved in the pick need to rotate around. When the pick occurs, the corner man goes to the level of the ball. When the pick occurs and Kobe (or Duhon) is driving, the two weak side need to rotate so that the defense can't guard both of them in one spot.

Not enough movement makes Dwight's offense a sad boy.

why give him the ball more if he couldn't even score against tyler zeller for most of the game?
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

^this
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
User avatar
LakerFan1235

 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Ariza3 wrote:He needs a post game if he's gunna be posted up like this. He just doesn't have a real move to go to. everytime it's different and it's flat and misses. He may not be 100% but idk what that will do bc he looks like he is.


this is over-exaggerated

post up game is overrated. shaq wasnt hakeem or duncan in the post. but what shaq had is touch. touch is more important than a post up game. at dwights strength and quickness if he had touch post moves would be irrelevant as they were with shaq. shaq had moves but in reality he could put up 30 just by backing down and hooking it at the rim or slamming it

dwights lack of touch is the real issue. post up game is an overused complaint. touch is the most important aspect. dwight really doesn't have it so that is an issue.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby icencream27 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Dwight needs kareem
Image

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
User avatar
icencream27

 
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:25 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

duhon passes ball into dwight

dwight tries a little post move

dwight gets fouled

misses both free throws

other team gets the ball and scores
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 pm

He needs to produce more in the post. His Defense and rebounding was solid today. Needs to be more effective in the post today he had 3-4 guys hanging on him whenever he touched the ball.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.