D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a shoulder to cry on

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Reason why Pau isn't going anywhere this year. Insurance Policy for Howard for when he aggravates his shoulder again in the future.

or maybe no team is really offering anything good for him? like some of our board members who think we can trade him for just about anyone, anytime :man10: i.e. trade him for love, trade him for lee, trade him for SMith and as recently but the best of em all should've traded him and picks for Howard instead of Bynum who should've been traded for Holiday/Iggy and just bout anything else we wanted from Philly :man10:
khmrP

Postby kenzo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Reason why Pau isn't going anywhere this year. Insurance Policy for Howard for when he aggravates his shoulder again in the future.

I don't know about that man. If Dwight is out with surgery, our season goes "bye bye". Pau won't help, office knows it, that;s why they traded him before.
kenzo

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 am

I don't see how Pau is an insurance policy. Our defense would be better if we started Sacre.
lakersin4

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 am

this whole "pau is an insurance policy" thing is total BS. they were willing to trade pau with bynum here as well (and who's more of an injury risk than bynum)

why? because if you lose bynum or dwight your not going anywhere anyways. pau, kobe, and nash aren't getting it done.

same deal with the whole wait and see if dwight resigns. if dwight leaves we are screwed regardless so having pau traded or not honestly protects nothing
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby easyguy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 am

I dont think at all we are screwed if Dwight leave. Other than a few good defensive plays a game, we have to spoon feed him everything on offense for him to get some points. That will not work. Also for him to suck so bad at the free throw line, he must be dominate on the offense end and get his points in other fashion, now if he can score 25pts a game and suck at the FT line (like Shaq) people will give him a pass, but he sucks on the offensive end.
easyguy

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 am

Well considering you obviously never saw dwight Howard in Orlando and just how dominant he was its safe to say you have no idea how much of an issue it'd be if we lost dwight

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 am

Let's just hope he plays tonight; if not, we're screwed.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 am

Seriously. If you are going to rip a whole column from someone and put it here, at least let us know who wrote it and give "them" credit or discredit for it. PLEASE.

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
PHOENIX -- The Los Angeles Lakers' all-important seven-game road trip started off by adding insult -- a 92-86 loss to the Phoenix Suns after blowing a 13-point fourth-quarter lead -- to injury, with Dwight Howard aggravating the torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Howard was blocked by the Suns' Shannon Brown with 6:57 remaining in the fourth as he tried to bring the ball from his waist up to the hoop following an offensive rebound and went down to the floor in pain.

Howard checked out of the game and did not return as the Suns finished on a 19-8 run without him. Howard's shoulder will be re-evaluated Thursday after the team flies to Minneapolis and his availability for Friday's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves will be determined.

"It's real sore," Howard told reporters after icing his shoulder and applying kinesiology tape to the joint following the game. "Everything on (the right) side (of my body) is hurting pretty bad right now."

Howard originally injured his shoulder during a Jan. 4 game against the Los Angeles Clippers and sat out three games to try to strengthen the muscles surrounding his shoulder. He re-injured it in the second quarter of the Lakers' 106-93 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies last week and sat out the second half, but did not miss any subsequent games.

The All-Star center said Wednesday's aggravation was the worst pain he's had since the original injury occurred against the Clippers, and he will have to consider resting again to help it heal.

"I'm going to try as much as I can but I don't want to cause more damage to my shoulder," said Howard, who finished with nine points and 14 rebounds in 29 minutes against Phoenix. "I don't want to (miss any games), but we'll see."

When Howard was asked whether he would have to consider surgery to repair his shoulder, the big man replied, "Not right now."

Kobe Bryant said he has played through shoulder injuries in the past and it will be an adjustment that Howard has to make. "I'm not worried about it," Bryant said. "It is going to be an all-season thing. That's how those types of injuries are with the labrum. I've had them before. Lamar (Odom) when he was here had them before. It's one of those things when you get banged like that going up, you're going to get that stinging sensation. That's just how it's going to be."

What Bryant was worried about was how the Lakers performed defensively in the fourth quarter without Howard, allowing the Suns to score 29 points on 11-for-16 shooting (68.8 percent), while outscoring the Lakers 10-4 in points in the paint.

"We played well defensively outside of a stretch at the end of the ballgame when we let (Michael) Beasley get to his strong hand and get all the way to the rim with no support," Bryant said. "That's not acceptable. We had been playing solid defense all night long."

Beasley scored 10 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter.

"They started getting to the rack a little too easy," Howard said. "There was really no defensive presence in the paint, so Beasley got opportunities to just go down the lane and finish. So it was tough to watch."

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni hoped that Howard would not be watching from the sidelines for too much longer as he deals with the injury.

"I think it's the same as always in terms of it hurts a lot, and hopefully by (Thursday) the pain goes away and he can play the next game," D'Antoni said. "It's my understanding that it's something that will hurt, go away, and then he plays when it goes away."

Howard, who missed the final portion of last season in Orlando because of debilitating back pain, said that his shoulder injury is "nothing" compared to his back injury that required offseason surgery.

"Two years of having injuries is not something that's easy to deal with, but I won't lose my spirit and I just got to continue to do whatever I can to get my shoulder strong," Howard said.

With the loss, the Lakers fell to 20-26 and are four games behind Houston for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West.
LTLakerFan

Postby easyguy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 am

last stand wrote:Well considering you obviously never saw dwight Howard in Orlando and just how dominant he was its safe to say you have no idea how much of an issue it'd be if we lost dwight

Pre back surgery, pre- two years ago.

Dont assume things....it make you look like an....

How is the fact that he PLAYED well for Orlando, helps us here?

Do you have a time machine to bring that Dwight to us now? I want to know.
easyguy

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 am

They can always make a small trade for Dante Cunningham or Drew Gooden for Insurance policy so I'm not sure keeping Gasol is a given.
Ice-Fire

Postby SK8 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 am

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Lakers center Dwight Howard will miss tonight's game against Minnesota with his shoulder injury, league source tells Y! Sports.

:man8:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:33 am

My fantasy team is just dying right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:37 am

This sucks. If Dwight's out, I hope we can unite and get this victory...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 am

This season is a lost cause, the Lakers should shut him down for good. it's the only way he's gonna get better health-wise.

and I also hope Gasol lays an egg tonight against Minnesota... which will make a final straw for his stay in L.A. IMO.
Ice-Fire

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am

Ice-Fire wrote:This season is a lost cause, the Lakers should shut him down for good. it's the only way he's gonna get better health-wise.

and I also hope Gasol lays an egg tonight against Minnesota... which will make a final straw for his stay in L.A. IMO.

Gasol lays an egg in front of his love, Rubio.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 pm

It would be a master-plan to force his way to Minnesota.
Ice-Fire

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 pm

easyguy wrote:
last stand wrote:Well considering you obviously never saw dwight Howard in Orlando and just how dominant he was its safe to say you have no idea how much of an issue it'd be if we lost dwight

I can assume, because the fact is you say losing him wouldn't mean anything when injuries such as knee and back take a year minimum to recover from and usually a full offseason is required just to be able to train correctly again as opposed to rehab.

See the Bynum difference from 2010-2011 to 2011-2012

If you actually consistently watched Howard in Orlando which , wasn't 2 years ago so I don't know what that is, it was a year ago when he was playing, putting up 20/20 games without trying. Then you wouldn't have your opinion

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby XXIV on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:This season is a lost cause, the Lakers should shut him down for good. it's the only way he's gonna get better health-wise.

I wouldn't be so sure, with Dwight still dealing with the shoulder injury and the unknown of whether he'll be taking the surgery route the, we will need Gasol as an insurance policy even more.
XXIV

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 pm

If the Lakers need a insurance policy they're is plenty of small trade options that the Lakers can look at... if they decide to trade Gasol.... so I don't think it's a issue of keeping Gasol... more about rather he has any value.
Ice-Fire

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm

last stand wrote:
easyguy wrote:

I can assume, because the fact is you say losing him wouldn't mean anything when injuries such as knee and back take a year minimum to recover from and usually a full offseason is required just to be able to train correctly again as opposed to rehab.

See the Bynum difference from 2010-2011 to 2011-2012

If you actually consistently watched Howard in Orlando which , wasn't 2 years ago so I don't know what that is, it was a year ago when he was playing, putting up 20/20 games without trying. Then you wouldn't have your opinion

Knees are much simpler mechanisms than spines. People who start suffering back injuries rarely ever feel the same as they did before.

IMO, D12's inability to lift weights like he used to is compromising other parts of his body. Notably his shoulders. If D12 muscles in his arms were as toned and defined as they were before the back problems started, he perhaps wouldn't have suffered a torn labrum.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Dwight Howard flying home for nonsurgical PRP procedure
Kit

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Kit wrote:
Dwight Howard flying home for nonsurgical PRP procedure

The tweets also add that this is in hopes of making him feel better faster or something like that, and that he will fly back to rejoin the team in Detroit.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Yup. I like they are trying. Too early to give up.
Kit

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't think we've won a single game this season without Dwight
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:19 pm

What exactly is a PRP? Is that plasma therapy?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard