D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: feeling better, won't play 2night

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

dak22 wrote:
LooN3y wrote:
Lmao at this guy always talking about winning and sacrifices. This guy is utterly dumb and weak minded

Yea him staying will be great, but I'm not gonna be heartbroken if he leaves.

So how can a guy staying be great if he's utterly dumb and weak minded?

If anything, we should not be wanting this guy to stay, especially if he's going to be the face of the franchise.

Hes utterly dumb and weak minded, doesn't mean he isn't a useful player or an all star, but a 1st option. To one of the best or the best baskeball organization in the world? No, hell no. He never was and never will be a 1st option. If he was going to improve his scoring he would of done it by now with all the years in the league

I thought when he was coming, that he was going to be playing off Pau with Pau in the post and him diving and running pick and rolls, I was excited for that, not him wanting show off his grand post up skills and get stripped and air all jump hooks everytime he goes up.

But for $$$$ I makes sense

Dudes a baby, a big spoiled man child multi millionaire. Never foresaw his BS "I need touches attitude" but did for see Nash's liability on defense but that hasn't been hardly as bad
LooN3y

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm

I really don't like Dwight as a person, every time he opens his mouth he seems so two-faced and I just can't bring myself to like him. But we NEED him. I at least feel like we're capable of beating anyone when he's on the floor.

Man I really hope we don't lose him this off-season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Man I really hope we don't lose him this off-season.

If it means we can get John Wall then I'm all for losing Howard.
Ice-Fire

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 pm

What the?
Kit

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:

LOL

troll confirmed
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LOL

troll confirmed

:man3:
Ice-Fire

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:

I have a feeling you are trolling us here. Or maybe you were just joking, it's hard to determine that on the 'Net, obviously.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Yes I was joking :man10:
Ice-Fire

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I really don't like Dwight as a person, every time he opens his mouth he seems so two-faced and I just can't bring myself to like him. But we NEED him. I at least feel like we're capable of beating anyone when he's on the floor.

Haha, this is how I always felt about Shaq. Never liked him, but man, he was dominant and we won tons of games because of him.

Too bad Dwight is not even close to prime Shaq, but then... he's the best center money can buy these days. So, I don't want him to leave either.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm

karacha wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I really don't like Dwight as a person, every time he opens his mouth he seems so two-faced and I just can't bring myself to like him. But we NEED him. I at least feel like we're capable of beating anyone when he's on the floor.

Haha, this is how I always felt about Shaq. Never liked him, but man, he was dominant and we won tons of games because of him.

Too bad Dwight is not even close to prime Shaq, but then... he's the best center money can buy these days. So, I don't want him to leave either.

+1 on both these posts

Friggin Dwight, you are so quick to point out you're only 75% or you're coming back from back surgery so you're not dominant blah blah blah so why do you deserve more shots when you're so limited? cant have it both ways mang

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 pm

I think someone is gonna get traded soon, don't shoot the messenger but after Mitch said yesterday that trades are "off-limit" then today story comes out that either Gasol/MDA/ or Howard are gonna bolt soon.... sounds like something might be in the works soon... I don't think you can have a dysfunctional team and a team that wants to make the playoffs + make a run at a title.
Ice-Fire

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Dwight has to realize that he's getting plenty of shots.

Yes, he and Nash are right (if they are the ones who said in in the "meeting") that Kobe shooting close to 30 times is killing the flow and that he could facilitate more. I agree. Kobe is so talented that he can reinvent his game if necessary, and we do play better when he playing in the post more and passing the ball.

But even with Kobe playing in "shooting mode", Dwight gets his touches. Don't lose the ball so much, hold it high, and you might actually be able to... you know... shoot it? He gets stripped a lot and when he does shoot it, he is not as explosive as he used to be, so he ends up on the line shooting an unacceptable 50%. That's not going to do it.

In any case, I want him to stay, but I want him to work hard in the offseason. His back will be at 100% or at least close to that (and even at 90% "capacity" Dwight is still more mobile then any center currently playing in the league). Get the surgery on the shoulder if necessary. Work on handling the ball properly and stop being a mental midget on the FT line. It's really not that difficult. I don't want him to shoot 80%. I mean... I do :man10: , but it's not realistic. 60% for the season is more then possible, however.

But his touches are fine. He gets plenty.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

^ I think this is where the presence of Nash hasnt helped Chemistry like we thought it would. He was known as a big locker room leader, the ultimate teammate who can help soothe problems or whatever and he hasnt been the good cop to Kobe's bad cop

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Whether Dwight Howard stays or goes the Lakers will still be the Lakers... Lakers fans will stay Laker fans.. and Staples Center will stay right where it's at.. not worried about it
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah Rock, I think all our stars are to blame. Kobe played like his old self, instead of trying to involve everyone a little more. Nash and Dwight are not the types who like to stand around watching him play. For better or for worse. His leadership was not perfect at the beginning of the season, but he's working on these issues now.

Nash didn't perform well as the "Fisher-type" leader. He was confused most of the time, and unfortunately he missed more games then ever. Maybe it's hard to assume the leader role on a new team, with so many alpha dogs around, I don't know.

Dwight played hard most of the time. I can't take that away from him, and he's still an awesome defender. But he started complaining publicly instead of resolving the issues in private. He can't see that his injuries prevent him to be where he wants to be offensively. He thinks he doesn't get enough touches -- but he does. He only loses the ball too much (back issues/core strength?) and then under-performs on the FT line. That's not Kobe's problem.

Finally, Pau... I don't even know where to start. He's hurt. Can't move well, can't jump, can't protect the rim. Man on man D he does OK. Complains more then Dwight and constantly brings it up. If a journalist asks him about his bench role he should simply say that he already addressed it and wants to do what's best for the team. He's gone next year anyway.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a shoulder to cry on

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:27 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Does he know that when he is back and get hit again on his shoulder , he is going to be in pain again ?

There is no " let's rest and get healthy " until the end of the season with this injury ...

This guy is obviously thinking about his next contract/personal situation and couldn't care less about the team

I've been assuming his rest/rehab is not totally passive. Yes whatever electro stimulation if appropriate (?), normal passive rest and now the PRP therapy. Yeah I would say the same thing. No matter what it will hurt every time it's hit.

But I thought I read a quote from him at the outset, or maybe just read it on line or in paper that there were some kind of exercises involved too to keep trying to get it stronger around it for protection. Anyone know or have a good guess what else beside resting he's probably doing?

Problem for him is he knows the only correct repair is surgery since it detached from the bone but he understandably doesn't want to lose another summer of being able to train the way he wants.

Kobe had same situation twice with the tendon in his pinkie on shooting hand and then the one in his wrist getting torn and disconnected. Only proper there too, at the time they happen is surgery. Kobe chose to say eff it and go on without them. Crazy.
LTLakerFan

Postby noobiew on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Take note today Dwight, Brooklyn has more Lakers fans than the Nets fans. :man9:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

noobiew wrote:Take note today Dwight, Brooklyn has more Lakers fans than the Nets fans. :man9:

:man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm

noobiew wrote:Take note today Dwight, Brooklyn has more Lakers fans than the Nets fans. :man9:

Seriously, how amazing was that? It felt like we were playing at Staples Center when Kobe was working. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:31 pm

We need him back. Hopefully he can play against Boston, I really, really want to beat them. The possibility of Gasol being out makes his return all the more crucial.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm

If Pau is out vs BOS and Dwight still wants to baby his shoulder and decides not to play, I would probably lose alot of respect for him.
Kit

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
I asked Dwight if he'll play in Boston: "I'm not talking about that right now, boss"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

he should come back against boston. they're soft in the middle, should be an easy 20 and 15 game for him
Pig Miller

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
I asked Dwight if he'll play in Boston: "I'm not talking about that right now, boss"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Can he ever give an answer that isn't flat out annoying?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm

If he doesn't play vs Boston we are in trouble, no Pau OR Dwight, ouch.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard