D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Worthy said it all on TWC: If you can give your best effort, then don't play at all.

You mean can't, right? :man12:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby dak22 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 pm

borri wrote:
trodgers wrote:Bynum took off his jersey repeatedly. It seems too much to read anything interesting from that.

Maybe your memory is better than mine, it probably is cuz i am an old fart, but I can only recall Bynum doing that instances where he was thrown out of the game.

Second. If you add up what happened in the past month or so:

1. D12 complains about touches. Disappears @TOR and the game after that.
2. D12 expresses "unsure" attitude about MDA.
3. D12 cleared to play for a while, but chose not to play.
4. Kobe and Nash asks D12 to play through pain because we are in urgency mode.
5. D12 expresses "dislike" over the Kobe comments.
6. Then D12 coincidentally choose to play tonight after getting called out.
7. D12's effort tonight can at best be called "half-hearted."
8. When camera comes to D12 on the bench, he takes off his jersey.

I look at all these things, and i can only conclude that D12 pretty much gave the team the middle finger tonight. You force me to play...i'll play but I won't give it my all. That's the vibe i am getting.

Don't forget this little gem in b/w 2&3 :man12: :

There were a lot of times early in the season where I would get upset you know, because I felt like he (kobe) shot the ball a lot.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8915802/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-remains-focused-season
dak22

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Weezy wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
Weezy wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:Things seem clear to me now. Dwight's reputation has gone to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He's a pouty player who doesn't "give his all" like he says he does. After getting van gundy fired, and then LEAVING orlando, he came here. Only to bolt to another team again, which I think he will do. If he does, he will become the most hated player in the league. This doesn't look good on him. We see him for what he is, which is kind of annoying. Orlando saw him for what he is. I just hope the mass media doesn't see it as we do. Because people may not even want to make deals for him, knowing how much of a primma donna he is, and the rep he has. Which could hurt our chances at getting good value in return.

I think Atlanta would take the risk still, and they have some nice players. :man1:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a25l32x

Hey I can dream right. :man10:

idk. Lopez > horford. Also would want to go for cousins &tyreke after him, but cousins' brain is just, below average.

Well yeah, Lopez is better, but that's one need, my trade fills 3 needs, C, backup PG, shooter. I did say it was just a dream though. :man5: Oh and hell no to Cousins, I can just see that guy blowing up in a crucial playoff moment if we even got there and screwing everything up for us.

lol exactly why I wouldn't go for him. Talent wise though, he's very skilled. But we don't necessarily need a backup "pg" per say. We just need a guard with playmaking skills. Lopez, andray blatche, and Marshon Brooks could work. He's a nice young talent who can facilitate and score. Also, we man need another big, with hill only signed a year, and us maybe amnestying pau.
King of Clutch

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:lets get Lopez seriously...

NO more posts for you tonight bro...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
Weezy wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
Weezy wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:Things seem clear to me now. Dwight's reputation has gone to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He's a pouty player who doesn't "give his all" like he says he does. After getting van gundy fired, and then LEAVING orlando, he came here. Only to bolt to another team again, which I think he will do. If he does, he will become the most hated player in the league. This doesn't look good on him. We see him for what he is, which is kind of annoying. Orlando saw him for what he is. I just hope the mass media doesn't see it as we do. Because people may not even want to make deals for him, knowing how much of a primma donna he is, and the rep he has. Which could hurt our chances at getting good value in return.

I think Atlanta would take the risk still, and they have some nice players. :man1:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a25l32x

Hey I can dream right. :man10:

idk. Lopez > horford. Also would want to go for cousins &tyreke after him, but cousins' brain is just, below average.

Well yeah, Lopez is better, but that's one need, my trade fills 3 needs, C, backup PG, shooter. I did say it was just a dream though. :man5: Oh and hell no to Cousins, I can just see that guy blowing up in a crucial playoff moment if we even got there and screwing everything up for us.

lol exactly why I wouldn't go for him. Talent wise though, he's very skilled. But we don't necessarily need a backup "pg" per say. We just need a guard with playmaking skills. Lopez, andray blatche, and Marshon Brooks could work. He's a nice young talent who can facilitate and score. Also, we man need another big, with hill only signed a year, and us maybe amnestying pau.

did you even watch the BK game to comment bout Brooks being good? he sucks......I like Weezy trade idea, Atl might take that chance, even if he doesn't resign they can start all over anyways.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm

He's too hurt, his body looks finished for the 2012/2013 season and his attitude screams he's done playing for this season. Its time to make a decision. Shut him down, get the surgery, heal up and get ready for 2013/2014 orrrr....trade him .

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Won't happen but we should trade him ... 4 months are enough to qualify the D12 experience a failure in attitude/leadership/has the "it" to win it all areas ...

Plus he will never go back to the level he was before the back surgery ... this is a lifetime limitation
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

This guy is officially Terrell Owens of the NBA. Great talent, unreal freak of athleticism, horrible attitude, never pleased when the world is bowing down to him, I bet he team hops like Owens as well because it's never his "fault" as to why the situation went bad on his current team.

Yea he's TO. Kind of fitting that all TO does is pile of the TO's in the stat column.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 pm

khmrP wrote:did you even watch the BK game to comment bout Brooks being good? he sucks......I like Weezy trade idea, Atl might take that chance, even if he doesn't resign they can start all over anyways.

Main reason I suggest Atlanta is it's Dwight's hometown and his buddy Josh Smith is there, so I think they'd have a legit shot to re-sign him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Dwight was asked if he thinks he's back in the lineup for good now and replied, "We'll see how I feel tomorrow"
dwighthowardsdad

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

I think he pretends to act stupid. I have no idea why though ^
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Dwight was asked if he thinks he's back in the lineup for good now and replied, "We'll see how I feel tomorrow"

That literally made me facepalm.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Complete implosion.

This guy is done. He's not happy here and we've seen through his whole career how he performs when he's not happy.

We need to stop expecting different results and deal with it.
phoenixrisingla

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 pm

I would rather him sit out if he's not going to be playing with 100% effort.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Weezy wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

It's not your career !
wcsoldier81

Postby escitnj on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Are you kidding me? Wow..coming from the guy that wants to do whatever (anything & everything) to help his team win, the guy who wants to make the playoffs and win a championship as a conceivable goal, and so on.
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

It's not your career !

His career? I hope I'm misunderstanding and you're not defending Dwight.

His injury CAN NOT get any worse.

Literall all that happened is that Kobe and Nash had to ask a teammate who had been cleared by our doctor to play, not hold himself out of the game.
phoenixrisingla

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, I certainly don't side with Dwight in every situation especially with recent events, he is right about one thing; it's not our career, obviously. As I said earlier, being the same age as Dwight, and knowing this might be the your only opportunity to sign a MAX deal in your career makes one be very cautious.

He's not only thinking about this year but about his future. I respect that. What I don't respect is the fact that he nor Kobe can speak about this privately to hash out their issues. This shouldn't be aired all over ESPN. This is an internal issue and after that meeting in Memphis I thought things were at a point where each of the Lakers could go to one another and resolve their issues. Apparently not.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't want him to play if he gives us half [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] effort. His attitude brings down the tram's spirit.
Kit

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:Well, I certainly don't side with Dwight in every situation especially with recent events, he is right about one thing; it's not our career, obviously. As I said earlier, being the same age as Dwight, and knowing this might be the your only opportunity to sign a MAX deal in your career makes one be very cautious.

He's not only thinking about this year but about his future. I respect that. What I don't respect is the fact that he nor Kobe can speak about this privately to hash out their issues. This shouldn't be aired all over ESPN. This is an internal issue and after that meeting in Memphis I thought things were at a point where each of the Lakers could go to one another and resolve their issues. Apparently not.

Again, if he cant play or refuses to play he just needs to say so.

Our medical staff is not known for being overly liberal or risk taking with our players, let alone our stars.

He has been cleared and its been determined there is no way for this injury to get worse, its just uncomfortable.

What are we even talking about here. The guy wants to play or he doesnt.
phoenixrisingla

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:Well, I certainly don't side with Dwight in every situation especially with recent events, he is right about one thing; it's not our career, obviously. As I said earlier, being the same age as Dwight, and knowing this might be the your only opportunity to sign a MAX deal in your career makes one be very cautious.

Again, if he cant play or refuses to play he just needs to say so.

Our medical staff is not known for being overly liberal or risk taking with our players, let alone our stars.

He has been cleared and its been determined there is no way for this injury to get worse, its just uncomfortable.

What are we even talking about here. The guy wants to play or he doesnt.

I agree with you. I said that in an earlier post; he doesn't have to listen to Kobe, Nash, the Lakers Organization, the fans, etc. It's Dwight's decision. For better or worse. Moreover, if he's going to play with lackluster effort because he doesn't want to be out there then more power to him. I couldn't stand watching him play tonight or the team for that matter...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

It's not your career !

His career? I hope I'm misunderstanding and you're not defending Dwight.

His injury CAN NOT get any worse.

Literall all that happened is that Kobe and Nash had to ask a teammate who had been cleared by our doctor to play, not hold himself out of the game.

SARCASM man ...
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:did you even watch the BK game to comment bout Brooks being good? he sucks......I like Weezy trade idea, Atl might take that chance, even if he doesn't resign they can start all over anyways.

Main reason I suggest Atlanta is it's Dwight's hometown and his buddy Josh Smith is there, so I think they'd have a legit shot to re-sign him.

I dont think he wants to go back to Atl anyways but I agree with your rationale from their FO perspective, but man smith/howard gona be a horrible combo, they just dont know it yet :man10: .........now we see why Orl gave Howard up for so little and didn't want to touch Bynum with a 10ft pole, maybe their new GM isn't as dumb as we made him out to be
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
SARCASM man ...

Apologies. Too much :pipe: and my sarcasm meter must be off.

:bow:
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Really not feeling the media stuff with him & Kobe. He's not Shaq, he's fragile & sensitive, & he's already got his excuse to sit out or play poorly whenever he wants. If we can get a good haul, I wouldn't be against trading him.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard