D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: (p.863: Nash Frustrated w/Dwight)

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 am

I have no doubt he's in a pickle on top of all of the above issues, like you say, Rock. Having and knowing he has that BIG contract waiting PLUS it needs to be where he is happy and can be the man and play the way he wants.
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 am

On the radio there was no mention of Nash and Dwight yelling at each other so today's the first I've heard of it. Dwight really needs to reassess himself, if everyone on the team is calling you out maybe it's time to realize that you're the real issue not the people you continue to blame.
XXIV

Postby sharko on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Has Dwight had a 30-20 or 30-15 game all season? I don't think he's even had a 20-20 game. Anything close to that?
sharko

Postby John3:16 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 pm

XXIV wrote:On the radio there was no mention of Nash and Dwight yelling at each other so today's the first I've heard of it. Dwight really needs to reassess himself, if everyone on the team is calling you out maybe it's time to realize that you're the real issue not the people you continue to blame.

It was obvious during the game they were arguing with each other. Clark even got into it with Howard after Nash was done.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 pm

XXIV wrote:On the radio there was no mention of Nash and Dwight yelling at each other so today's the first I've heard of it. Dwight really needs to reassess himself, if everyone on the team is calling you out maybe it's time to realize that you're the real issue not the people you continue to blame.

If you haven't already, go to the previous page and watch the video. The first playback misses the actual play be shows some of Nash and Howard on opposite pages upset with each other on the way back down the court. But the replay, you can see 2 tall players are forcing Nash out of bounds in a trap with their hands HIGH. No way in Hell Nash could have lobbed over the top of them to where Dwight "wanted it". It called for a quick bounce pass.
LTLakerFan

Postby easyguy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:

If you haven't already, go to the previous page and watch the video. The first playback misses the actual play be shows some of Nash and Howard on opposite pages upset with each other on the way back down the court. But the replay, you can see 2 tall players are forcing Nash out of bounds in a trap with their hands HIGH. No way in Hell Nash could have lobbed over the top of them to where Dwight "wanted it". It called for a quick bounce pass.

Nash did try the bounce pass. What Howard didn't do was move his feet to the open side so Nash could pass him the ball. He stood there and yell for the ball instead of trying to make an open lane for a pass. At this point, Howard offense is a mess, so he should become a slasher like Hill and Clark.

I do agree, Howard can never be our 1st option. Not much confidence of him being our second option either. If he can be our 3rd and be happy with it than we are set.
easyguy

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

sharko wrote:Has Dwight had a 30-20 or 30-15 game all season? I don't think he's even had a 20-20 game. Anything close to that?

Yup

His best games:

33/14/5 assists (15-19 FT) against Portland
28/20/3 blocks against Denver
31/16/4 blocks against Milwaukee
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:Every Laker fan needs to read that article. Seriously, if Steve Nash, on par with the greatest teammate anyone has ever had, starts calling you out then you've got some serious self-examining to do. C'mon, Dwight!

What's most disappointing is that we ended up trading our last Center for the exact same maturity issues. :man10:

Same maturity issues?

Our last center wasn't a moody primadonna. He spoke the truth from his POV whether you agreed with him or not. So at least you knew where he stood. And unlike Howard, our last center actually had the necessary basketball skills to make such demands. Even though he wasn't a P&R big (since he played in the triangle for most of his career), I'm sure he would have been open to trying P&R with Nash since I don't think he was too particular about how he got the ball as long as he got it.

Howard's issues goes beyond just "getting the ball". He wants to prove that he's not "just a P&R big". That needs to change.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm

rev I'm not going to debate you on Bynum again.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:

Just saw the video and I agree that there was no way Nash could have lobbed it to Dwight. If Dwight thinks it was a possibility he must not realize not everyone is 7 ft tall with crazy athleticism.
XXIV

Postby Center Court on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 pm

anyone else catch the Earl was yelling at Dwight to go get the ball too? Seems like it's more of a team vs Dwight issue then it is a team vs coach or Kobe vs Dwight
Center Court

Postby jlkr on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Now that I've seen that play again, all I can say is sheesh! All Howard does is raise his hands, doesn't even try to get around Haslem to get the bounce pass. He has to know Nash is not in a good place to lob it, but he's not working for the bounce pass either. No wonder Nash is mad. When Nash gets mad publicly, that's trouble. Heck, if even Clark is getting into this ...

For all the trash talk we've sent in D'Antoni's direction, there is one thing he's said that rings absolutely true: "ball finds energy". That explains why Clark is consistently getting more shots than Howard ... watch Clark sometime, he is almost always moving around, how many times has Kobe found him for an easy 2? How many times do we see Kobe backing down his man and looking for a teammate with energy? That's where a lot of Kobe assists are coming from ... if a teammate is working hard to get open, Kobe will see that and get him the ball where that teammate can do something with it. Kobe is probably the 3rd best PG in the league right now, I'd only put Paul and Parker above him, Rondo and Westbrook with him. But it's no good if Howard doesn't work his feet. Kobe (and Nash) can only do so much.

Go back and watch Shaq during his dominant days. Shaq stayed home in or near the paint, but he was always moving around, working to seal his man off so he could take the entry pass and make a close range shot if not a dunk.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby XXIV on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm

^^ Yeah we were just talking about that. The issue definitely seems to be in large part due to Dwight and not the other way around like he believes. I don't know if he'll ever realize that, but if he doesn't we may be forced to move him.
XXIV

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:rev I'm not going to debate you on Bynum again.

You brought it up. Not me.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby borri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 pm

D12 just doesn't pass the eyeball test concerning effort on the court. What he was doing defensively prior to the away game @ TOR and every game since.....is night and day.

Dude is just going through the motions.

I don't need to read articles to recognize this.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

revgen wrote:

I brought up a dramatic Center. If you want to argue that Bynum wasn't a dramatic Center, that's your party not mine.

Bynum pouted on the floor a TON. Howard pouts on the floor a TON. The ends of their pouting are unimportant to the fact that both are/were prima donnas and both gave our team headaches with their drama.

I know Bynum is your boy, but that's the end of my argument. That's it. It's not an insult to Bynum, so no need to defend him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

jlkr wrote:Go back and watch Shaq during his dominant days. Shaq stayed home in or near the paint, but he was always moving around, working to seal his man off so he could take the entry pass and make a close range shot if not a dunk.

To add, Shaq's offense was day and night compared to Dwight's. All Shaq needed to do was back down on someone. When he got the entry pass, he hung on to the ball, took a couple dribbles and made a move to the basket to score.

If a hard double came, he was excellent at swinging the ball back to the perimeter. I don't think he got stripped as much as Dwight either.

There were many times yesterday where Kobe was backing his guy down inside the 3 and Dwight was just standing around not trying to move to give Kobe a passing lane to get him the ball (2nd half). :bang:
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 pm

revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:Every Laker fan needs to read that article. Seriously, if Steve Nash, on par with the greatest teammate anyone has ever had, starts calling you out then you've got some serious self-examining to do. C'mon, Dwight!

What's most disappointing is that we ended up trading our last Center for the exact same maturity issues. :man10:

Same maturity issues?

Our last center wasn't a moody primadonna. He spoke the truth from his POV whether you agreed with him or not. So at least you knew where he stood. And unlike Howard, our last center actually had the necessary basketball skills to make such demands. Even though he wasn't a P&R big (since he played in the triangle for most of his career), I'm sure he would have been open to trying P&R with Nash since I don't think he was too particular about how he got the ball as long as he got it.

Howard's issues goes beyond just "getting the ball". He wants to prove that he's not "just a P&R big". That needs to change.

so are you assuming w/o Howard trade, Bynum would somehow NOT be hurt like he is now?
khmrP

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:

I brought up a dramatic Center. If you want to argue that Bynum wasn't a dramatic Center, that's your party not mine.

Bynum pouted on the floor a TON. Howard pouts on the floor a TON. The ends of their pouting are unimportant to the fact that both are/were prima donnas and both gave our team headaches with their drama.

I know Bynum is your boy, but that's the end of my argument. That's it. It's not an insult to Bynum, so no need to defend him.

First "you're not going to debate me" about Bynum." Now you are?

It's been an interesting morning.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Bynum may have pouted, but at least he somewhat *earned* that right on the Lakers. He played 7 seasons, played through injuries, and contributed to 2 rings. Dwight? 50 games, and hasn't earned s***

I was all for trading Bynum and I still think it was the right decision, but Howard is the epitome of a spoiled child. It's kind of disgusting and frankly I don't care if he's not 100% -- his mentality is skewed, it's not even about physical abilities anymore.
Last edited by Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chillbongo

Postby borri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 pm

^^^^
Fellas pls stop. Don't want to go through this again. This thread is 400 pages long if we take out the Bynum v Howard debate.
borri

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 pm

If he leaves, I really want to know why. D'Antoni isn't right, we get that....but where else you going to have a good chance to win? You really want to go to back to the East and have to deal with LeBron and the Heat to get to the Finals? And you really want to walk away from 30 million for greener grass? I think he will stay, and I think things will work out. I am annoyed with everyone else, but I think it will work in the end and I think Dwight will get his and Nash and Kobe will get #6.
The Laker Link

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Unfortunately, he hasn't been mentally engaged in a handful of games from what I remember; it more then often is correlated with whether or not he's getting touches; if he's getting touches, he seems to make a more concerted effort on both sides of the floor; if he's not, he seems to be disengaged.

WTS, facts are facts; we're still out of the PO picture; now, hopefully, Dwight can come out the next two games Dwight can come out & defend & rebound effectively and we can win these games.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:43 pm

After dwighthowardsdad joined in the fray, probably from what Dwight has complained about to him about mean, selfish gunner Kobe, and knowing Kobe's past history with a dominant (THE Dominant BIG) it was like oh crap here we go again....Kobe to be painted as "not" wanting or able to play with a dominant big man. Because he wants all the glory. The sort of stuff BSPN and all the HATERS over the years keep parroting.

But awww hell yeah!!!! Here's Nash frustrated and yelling at him, and :man10: ..... yes, even just-coming-into-his-own.... Easy Earl Clark taking sides on that play against Dwight's effort on it. "Effort" knows "Effort". :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby DHL on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

i hate this guy
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard