D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade

February 19, 2013

Even though Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has assured Dwight Howard that he won’t be traded before the Feb. 21 deadline, rival executives believe the 27-year-old may still be moved. The Lakers have fielded calls for Howard and are keeping their options open. Multiple league sources believe that Kupchak is assuring Howard that he won’t traded just in case the team decides not to pull the trigger on a deal. If Howard is still on the roster on Feb. 22, the Lakers don’t want him knowing that they listened to offers for him because that could hurt their chances of re-signing the center this offseason.

While the Lakers have shot down some rumors involving Howard – such as the rumored deal for Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics – nobody around the league would be surprised if a Howard trade gets completed before 3 p.m. ET on Thursday. The Lakers understand that Howard is unhappy in Los Angeles – he has butted heads with Kobe Bryant, grown tired of Mike D’Antoni and felt that the organization hasn’t supported him at times – which is why a Howard deal can’t be ruled out. Sources say that Howard hasn’t asked for a trade and doesn’t plan to do so, but he wouldn’t be opposed to a deal. Read more in today’s NBA PM.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... xCHf3pa.99


http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... ine-diary/.


You need to use URL tags [url][/url] if you want your links to work properly here, unless they're really, really short ha ha. Also, I really don't think we're trading Dwight.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm

^Thanks. I don't think we are either, and I actually don't want too. Just posting what I saw on Alex Kennedy's twitter. Stranger things have happened...
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Herm24 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:K Love .. K Love .. K Love


easy to list names of a player you want not so easy when you have to explain why another team would want to throw away talent at the risk of losing Howard after the season is over.


Dude I'm sick of repeating myself .. Go grab some coffee .. You're clearly slow right now .. Earlier post: 3 way trade: Brooklyn: Dwight Minny: Lopez, 1st round pick .. Lakers: KLove and a pick .. Done and Done! .. KLove is not happy in Minny, he's out next year


ok Master GM, if it were that easy :freak2:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:58 pm

TIME wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Only posting the negatives with Dwight?? What the hell about his demeanor is there to be positive about?

There was no thread update when Dwight spoke in length about his heart in this city.

No thread update when Dwight says he appreciates what is to be a Laker.

Instead we get, title updates that Dwight was smiling after LAC loss, Dwight's argument with Nash, and now this tabloid headline.

No wonder everyone here is always negative.


What's with the dramatic outrage?

I did the last several title changes. You must have missed the one that read "Heart in city, headband in wrapper". The point of the title changes is not to drive an agenda one way or the other but simply to inform members something that is currently being discussed in the thread. Sorry to disappoint your conspiracy theory, but that's the truth of it.


you know who else controlled the way things were presented to the public he ruled over..

Image
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
TIME wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Only posting the negatives with Dwight?? What the hell about his demeanor is there to be positive about?

There was no thread update when Dwight spoke in length about his heart in this city.

No thread update when Dwight says he appreciates what is to be a Laker.

Instead we get, title updates that Dwight was smiling after LAC loss, Dwight's argument with Nash, and now this tabloid headline.

No wonder everyone here is always negative.


What's with the dramatic outrage?

I did the last several title changes. You must have missed the one that read "Heart in city, headband in wrapper". The point of the title changes is not to drive an agenda one way or the other but simply to inform members something that is currently being discussed in the thread. Sorry to disappoint your conspiracy theory, but that's the truth of it.


you know who else controlled the way things were presented to the public he ruled over..

Image


Shhhhh......
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby jlkr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I decided I'm not gonna get into Dwight's words anymore. Can't judge a man by what he says, only by what he does. So far I'm not impressed.

Crap on D'Antoni as much as you want, there is one thing he said that is so totally true: BALL FINDS ENERGY. Kobe's yo-yoing the ball (to use a fave Chickism), what's he looking for? He's looking for guys working to get open, in many cases, guys working together with picks and movement to free someone up to take a pass. Is Dwight putting in enough energy there? That's how I'll judge Dwight: how hard is he working to get open? To be the energy the ball finds?

Nash trying to work pick and roll with a big man, requires the big man's energy to make the play work.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4203
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby Herm24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 pm

khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:K Love .. K Love .. K Love


easy to list names of a player you want not so easy when you have to explain why another team would want to throw away talent at the risk of losing Howard after the season is over.


Dude I'm sick of repeating myself .. Go grab some coffee .. You're clearly slow right now .. Earlier post: 3 way trade: Brooklyn: Dwight Minny: Lopez, 1st round pick .. Lakers: KLove and a pick .. Done and Done! .. KLove is not happy in Minny, he's out next year


ok Master GM, if it were that easy :freak2:


It was when we landed Pau & Dwight
Herm24

 
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Okay this time I'm not entirely happy about the title change.

There was also a string of direct quotes from Dwight that were glowing and showed some focus or at least he said he was more focused. I don't like that we went with the clearly biased news reporting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:Okay this time I'm not entirely happy about the title change.

There was also a string of direct quotes from Dwight that were glowing and showed some focus or at least he said he was more focused. I don't like that we went with the clearly biased news reporting.


Feel free to change it.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:
Kevin Ding
Featured
Asked about his role with Lakers compared to with Magic, Dwight had one good answer and one telling one: "I have to do whatever I can to help this team win." But as Dwight continued with his answer, he also noted: "Certain guys have to sacrifice more than others."


Even if he's asked questions he doesn't have to keep saying things like this, always seems to need to throw stuff like that in. I don't know who has sacrificed more this season for the good of the team than Nash and Kobe.


why can't that mean himself?


I'm pretty sure it does mean himself, that's my issue. More passive aggressive whining. He hasn't sacrificed the most, everyone has had to. What puzzles me more than anything is why keep defending him so much, the guy has issues, it's clear, I'm still not sure what he's done to earn any benefit of the doubt.


well from what I read, I thought you meant that as Howard taking more jabs at Kobe to sacrifice more, see everyone interpret things differntly :man10: ......As for defense part, well I've made my gripe with Howard play but I'm not bout to harp on every little thing he says or does as if he is the ONLY one we have ever dealt with in regards to the negativity.


Is it because you're committed to rocking his avatar that you're defending him so much? :man10: It was a shot at Kobe. He "thinks" HE is the one sacrificing the most. When anyone that has a chance at spoon feeding him the ball for dunks tries to do just that. Right now he bleeping doesn't have the strength or game in the post to be justifying calling for the ball more often. Why does he camp and hide on the opposite side of the key when Kobe has the ball on one wing??? If he would cut like Earl he'd get easy baskets as he's stll relatively fast on his feet at least. The guy is a drama queen.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

^^^He hasn't complained bout touches since early in the season but people gona keep harping on that crap? Just the other day a poster complain bout him NOT demanding the ball in the post, wtf he wants it in the post you guys say stop [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and now he doesn't post up demanding the ball and people still complain :freak2: :bang: Just cause I have his avatar doesn't mean I'm a fan of his, this was done during the off season before all the BS of today, I dont have time to change it jeez, everyone has different view points. Just cause I dont want to hate on the guy for ever little thing he says or does doesn't mean I'm supporting him either.
Last edited by khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

TIME wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Okay this time I'm not entirely happy about the title change.

There was also a string of direct quotes from Dwight that were glowing and showed some focus or at least he said he was more focused. I don't like that we went with the clearly biased news reporting.


Feel free to change it.

okay. :man9:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: FO still listening to offers (pg 891)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^He hasn't complained bout touches since early in the season but people gona keep harping on that crap? Just the other day a poster complain bout him NOT demanding the ball in the post, wtf he wants it in the post you guys say stop [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and now he doesn't post up demanding the ball and people still complain :freak2: :bang: Just cause I have his avatar doesn't mean I'm a fan of his, this was done during the off season before all the BS of today, I dont have time to change it jeez, everyone has different view points. Just cause I dont want to hate on the guy for ever little thing he says or does doesn't mean I'm supporting him either.


Well if it's not touches or being the first option on the team what the hell is he griping about acting like he is having to sacrifice more than others (Kobe)? When it's blatantly not true. Weezy called it, the constant passive aggressive answers to questions from the press. Giving them exactly what they want. Letting everyone know how unhappy he is. Uggghhhh. Compared to Laker greats of the past and present he is a midget mentally.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 pm

this season has been such a dwightmare
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20561
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby Steve on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Honestly, I'm shocked that any Laker fan can stick up for Dwight at this point, he's a b****, end of story, I watched the All Star game purely to see how he was acting, he's a TMac, an Iverson, he's a joke, trade him for Brook Lopez, get him out of here, every second I see him in a Laker jersey, it's frustrating, he's not a Laker, he doesn't have Laker in him, whatever that means, I don't read interviews, I watch his game, his game says "I wanna have fun and laugh and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around" Can things change? Yeah sure...Will they? probably not, trade him and get something back, please, he's a bumb...I don't care about what meaningless numbers he puts up, he's a loser....how are you guys not seeing this?

please do not bypass the swear filter. thanks. -therealdeal
Steve

 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am
Location: Jersey

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 pm

I would be surprised if they moved him but not shocked. He's shown that his priorities are not in sync with what this franchise expects from its leading stars. The question of whether the front office is ready to lock him up for "star power" or re-try for "the next guy".
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Steve wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked that any Laker fan can stick up for Dwight at this point, he's a b****, end of story, I watched the All Star game purely to see how he was acting, he's a TMac, an Iverson, he's a joke, trade him for Brook Lopez, get him out of here, every second I see him in a Laker jersey, it's frustrating, he's not a Laker, he doesn't have Laker in him, whatever that means, I don't read interviews, I watch his game, his game says "I wanna have fun and laugh and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around" Can things change? Yeah sure...Will they? probably not, trade him and get something back, please, he's a bumb...I don't care about what meaningless numbers he puts up, he's a loser....how are you guys not seeing this?

please do not bypass the swear filter. thanks. -therealdeal


hmm never seen this poster before, from Jersey and wants Howard to be traded for Lopez :man10: interesting
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby 432J on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

if he leaves LA, what a legacy he'll leave behind

he came to LA and was supposed to follow in the footsteps of the past great centers who have worn the lakers uniform. instead he was dealt at mid season or walked away after 1 disappointing year. essentially, it'll ruin his career if he leaves LA and never recovers
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

432J wrote:if he leaves LA, what a legacy he'll leave behind

he came to LA and was supposed to follow in the footsteps of the past great centers who have worn the lakers uniform. instead he was dealt at mid season or walked away after 1 disappointing year. essentially, it'll ruin his career if he leaves LA and never recovers


This supposes he "wanted" to come to LA.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby Steve on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 pm

khmrP wrote:
Steve wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked that any Laker fan can stick up for Dwight at this point, he's a b****, end of story, I watched the All Star game purely to see how he was acting, he's a TMac, an Iverson, he's a joke, trade him for Brook Lopez, get him out of here, every second I see him in a Laker jersey, it's frustrating, he's not a Laker, he doesn't have Laker in him, whatever that means, I don't read interviews, I watch his game, his game says "I wanna have fun and laugh and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around" Can things change? Yeah sure...Will they? probably not, trade him and get something back, please, he's a bumb...I don't care about what meaningless numbers he puts up, he's a loser....how are you guys not seeing this?

please do not bypass the swear filter. thanks. -therealdeal


hmm never seen this poster before, from Jersey and wants Howard to be traded for Lopez :man10: interesting


LOL, first of all sorry...no, I don't want Howard traded for Lopez, I just want him out of LA, send him to ATL, send him anywhere
Steve

 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am
Location: Jersey

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby M2K on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm

If Dwight is shipped out...I expect Mitch K to use his creative genius to snag us a couple of very good players. Maybe something like...

Lakers: Love, Josh Smith, Pekovic

Hawks: DHoward, MWP, Duhon

Timberwolves: Horford, Ebanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aufu4r7

My preferance...keep Dwight Howard, make smaller trades, allow the current Lakers to heal up for next season.
M2K

 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

M2K wrote:If Dwight is shipped out...I expect Mitch K to use his creative genius to snag us a couple of very good players. Maybe something like...

Lakers: Love, Josh Smith, Pekovic

Hawks: DHoward, MWP, Duhon

Timberwolves: Horford, Ebanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aufu4r7

My preferance...keep Dwight Howard, make smaller trades, allow the current Lakers to heal up for next season.


dam!!!! I could live with this :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 pm

M2K wrote:If Dwight is shipped out...I expect Mitch K to use his creative genius to snag us a couple of very good players. Maybe something like...

Lakers: Love, Josh Smith, Pekovic

Hawks: DHoward, MWP, Duhon

Timberwolves: Horford, Ebanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aufu4r7

My preferance...keep Dwight Howard, make smaller trades, allow the current Lakers to heal up for next season.

Lmao.. That's LakerOC level delusional.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am

Nikez wrote:Everyone is crapping on D12 right now because things are not going good, but when he comes back full strength next year and starts crapping on the league again it's gonna be like night and day around here. At least he has played nearly every game this season. Before the season started he wasn't expected back until around christmas, but he started THE FIRST GAME. It's hard to play your best basketball with 2 serious injuries, it's just as simple as that.


:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Team Dwight all the way, baby!!! :jam2: Who"s with me?
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.