D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 pm

themasterphil wrote:What if he walk away after this season. What we can do if that happen?? I was just looking at FA in next summer and there is no some important players to sign. Paul, JR Smith, Josh Smith are one of them but except Paul there is no players with real worth. If this happen we can sign Josh Smith and JR and put Gasol on C. I am sure if lakers lost in 2nd round dwight will walk away , I am sure that will happen.

We have 84 million in contracts next season without D12, we aren't signing anyone like that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 pm

last stand wrote:
Shaq was arguably the most dominant physical force the game has ever and probably will ever see

I love watching those classic games where teams would put 3 to 4 guys on Shaq when he has the ball down low. :man9:

He has the physical ability and also an offensive game. I dont want much from dwight, just improve his damn FT, is that too much to ask? Maybe it is easier to ask him to work on his offensive game? :man9:
easyguy

Postby themasterphil on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
themasterphil wrote:What if he walk away after this season. What we can do if that happen?? I was just looking at FA in next summer and there is no some important players to sign. Paul, JR Smith, Josh Smith are one of them but except Paul there is no players with real worth. If this happen we can sign Josh Smith and JR and put Gasol on C. I am sure if lakers lost in 2nd round dwight will walk away , I am sure that will happen.

We have 84 million in contracts next season without D12, we aren't signing anyone like that.

yeah....blake 4mil, gasol 19 mil,kobe 30 mil, nash 9 mil, hill 3,5 mil , metta 7,7 mil...we are in deep s... if this happen....
themasterphil

Postby LooN3y on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 pm

revgen wrote:1) I don't see Dwight doing anything differently here than he was doing in Orlando. Defense. Check. Rebounding. Check. Missed FT's. Check. Unless you can tell me something specific about Dwight that he's not doing here that he was doing in Orlando, I'm not going to care about his "body language" or that he's a "whiner". As far as I'm concerned, other than him recovering from back surgery, we got what we paid for.

2) Pau was shooting jumpers last year when our previous center was here. Nice try. No cigar.

3) Pau was not the number 1 option down low last season. He hasn't been for 2 years now.

4) Dwight at least puts the other teams in foul trouble when he's in the post. Meanwhile Pau gets manhandled by the likes of Carl Landry and Al Harrington.

Did I say he was doing anything different? He just shouldn't be taking more than 2 dribbles when he's posting up its not efficient

I already pointed out 2 &3 in my post, don't know where ur going with that

But yea is pathetic to see pau get burned by lesser caliber players

But wtvrs seeing that users with less than 1k posts get absolutely no respect on this forum
LooN3y

Postby borri on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Did I say he was doing anything different? He just shouldn't be taking more than 2 dribbles when he's posting up its not efficient

I agree with you. But remember, in ORL, D12 had pretty much the entire paint to himself because there spacing was perfect for a low post player. Happens when the other 4 players can all shoot from 3.

Here, we don't have that at all. Even worse without Nash. Call it force of habit for D12 to dribble too much in the paint.

And the part about high post counts = more respect on this forum. True in part. Guys who post alot have been on for a long time = online friends in the forum. And to an extent their posts get more attention.

So you should be happy you got responded to! :man12:
borri

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

LooN3y wrote:But wtvrs seeing that users with less than 1k posts get absolutely no respect on this forum

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LooN3y wrote:But wtvrs seeing that users with less than 1k posts get absolutely no respect on this forum

5 more days
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm

20 E-wins Real can't go another month. Any takers? :man9:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

5 more days

Enjoy it while it last. :man6:
easyguy

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

howard just doesn't look happy. Last few seconds of the half (rockets game) he just walked up and watched kobe go 1 on 5. His body language pretty much said it all. Jamison was the only player to was active on that play. Unless the Lakers go deep into the playoffs, I don't see howard resigning. He simply doesn't like being the number 2 option. Just my opinion.
Johnnyboy

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't give a ********** about any other part of the game. Just make your damn free throws
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

I don't remember the last time he shot >50% from the line...
GoldHammish

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

hey guy make a free throw
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

this guy sucks at free throws, but we KNEW that. i really don't get d'antoni's strategy leaving him out there. does he expect to turn dwight into a 70% free throw shooter in the clutch?
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dak22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

purp n gold wrote:I don't give a ********** about any other part of the game. Just make your damn free throws

Forget free throws, that's impossible. Just make sure scrubs like greg smith don't look like all-stars.
dak22

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

^ Yes, no one should reasonably expect Howard to start hitting them, even at a 60% clip. So it falls to D'Antoni to get his head out of his a** and adjust.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Just make the free throws. Just make them.
purp n gold

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

At the beginning of last season, Bynum was struggling from the free throw line. Make one. Miss one. But he got better as the season went on.

But whenever Bynum missed a free throw, he became angry and pissed. Shaking his head. Sometimes yelling out a cuss word.

Dwight just looks scared.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby venky on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm

You are not a superstar if you shoot below 60% from the charity stripe (for a big man anyway). Only exception is Shaq because he was so dominant.
venky

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

FO can you please go out and find someone who can get this idiot to hit FTs at a respectable rate so he's not a detriment to our team?

Two games in a row he lost us because he can't do something a 9th grader can do on the court.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

i dont understand why that moron dan tony doesn't just put hill in the games til the 2 minute mark

at least he can make something unlike this idiot who can't make a single FT. he actually did a bit better tonight but there is no excuse
432J

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah he needs to scrap his free throw shooting and start at scratch at this point.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Just because we "knew" Dwight, or Shaq, or Ben Wallace or whoever sucks at free throws, well... sucks at free throws... does NOT mean it's excusable.

The other team is flat out disrespecting you in your face, and you can't respond with the most basic basketball shot. It made me sick to my stomach when we had it with Shaq, and it's not any different now.
purp n gold

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

d'antoni seems to think that going 5/10 at the end of the game means "hes hitting his free throws"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard