D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: Bresnahan article - pg765

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm

^ Yeah they talked about it on the radio, he's shooting further back.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Yeah they talked about it on the radio, he's shooting further back.

noticed that too

about time he started doing that. it was obvious it would help him out
432J

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Now he's up to 50% tonight! Oh yeah!
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 pm

What's this "heated" exchange between Kobe and Howard or is that bspn being bspn during the wizards game, missed the game
LooN3y

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 am

therealdeal wrote:Now he's up to 50% tonight! Oh yeah!

Definitely better than the 47% he was at before. If he could get back to his career average I'd be even happier.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:50 am

Dwight is right when he demands more post offense, something D'Antoni hates.

There is no reason why Kobe should take 25-30 junpshots a night, the team take 30 threes a night. We have clearly gone from an inside team to a shooting team...a shooting team that sucks at shooting.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby l__o on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:02 am

Dwight thinks he is a low post type centre but he even couldnt beat c Hayes.
With limited offensive skill sets, I do think Pau is better than him at the post.
l__o

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:06 am

KB24 wrote:Dwight is right when he demands more post offense, something D'Antoni hates.

There is no reason why Kobe should take 25-30 junpshots a night, the team take 30 threes a night. We have clearly gone from an inside team to a shooting team...a shooting team that sucks at shooting.

Kobe averages SEVEN 3pts attempts a night during the last 13 games :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 am

l__o wrote:Dwight thinks he is a low post type centre but he even couldnt beat c Hayes.
With limited offensive skill sets, I do think Pau is better than him at the post.

Hayes is one of the best post up defenders in the league despite being a midget so that's not a good example
wcsoldier81

Postby LooN3y on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
l__o wrote:Dwight thinks he is a low post type centre but he even couldnt beat c Hayes.

Hayes is one of the best post up defenders in the league despite being a midget so that's not a good example

besides the chuck hayes mention, hes not wrong, maybe we would have a different opinion if he didnt post up, shoot a hook (when he doesnt get stripped, about almost every time) and completely miss the rim.
LooN3y

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 am

^^^^ I agree with him , I'm just saying the " he couldn't beat C Hayes" part is inaccurate ...
wcsoldier81

Postby revgen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am

KB24 wrote:Dwight is right when he demands more post offense, something D'Antoni hates.

Actually we're #6 in the league in 3pt FG%. Averaging 37.7 3pt FG% overall. So we don't suck.

That being said, I do agree that we shoot too many of them. Jumpshots don't draw fouls on the opposing team. Fouls put the opposing bigs in foul trouble and hurt the opposing team's defense down the stretch when their bigs can't be as aggressive.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LooN3y on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 am

revgen wrote:

Actually we're #6 in the league in 3pt FG%. Averaging 37.7 3pt FG% overall. So we don't suck.

That being said, I do agree that we shoot too many of them. Jumpshots don't draw fouls on the opposing team. Fouls put the opposing bigs in foul trouble and hurt the opposing team's defense down the stretch when their bigs can't be as aggressive.

dwights been better, but dwight getting fouled isnt too great, unless we basically take out all their bigs with foul trouble.
LooN3y

Postby kenzo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 am

All this outside chucking remindes me of Rudy T. days. We didn't have Dwight back then, stop with this nonsense and fed the big guy :man2:
kenzo

Postby KB&AB on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 am

Dwight has a very limited offensive skill. He is just like DeAndre Jordan. They can run, dunk and play defense and can't make free throw... Every time dwight gets double team, he passes. He is scared. its sad that Bynum can actually scored on double team few times. I just hope dwight needs to work on his offensive skill. Of course when nash and pau return, they will get him more easy baskets. But you can't always depend on nash and pau all the time. You have to learn how to create for yourself. Nash and Pau won't be here for a long time... I won't be surprised that Dwight will play well against a scrub player, power forward Lavoy Allen next game on sunday. Maybe 30 points from dwight.
KB&AB

Postby kenzo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 am

So now Dwight = DeAndre :freak2: LOL
kenzo

Postby themasterphil on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 am

I am not surprised at all with him taking only 8 shots....he need a good PG to pass him or give him some alley opp or easy dunk.....nash will improve his game a lot....in this moment, without true PG, Howard cant take a lots of shots bc he doesnt have any 1on1 game so you cant give him to play in the post bc he is not good on that....he need deep passes to dunk or alley opp....so i am not worried about him, when nash come back he will be fine in offense..
themasterphil

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:11 am

I would really like to see Kyrie Irving as a Laker after his deal is up. He and Dwight would make a great and exciting tandem.

I think management has their eye on both LeBron and Kyrie for the future once the Kobster calls it a day.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 am

KB&AB wrote:Dwight has a very limited offensive skill. He is just like DeAndre Jordan.

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 am

I havnt seen the constant effort from howard that he should be displaying, I realize its hard to be motivated when we are losing but I dont like his body language right now.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby revgen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 am

KB&AB wrote:Dwight has a very limited offensive skill. He is just like DeAndre Jordan.

His postup skills aren't at Bynum or Pau's level. But he's way better than Jordan. For one, he can actually seal his man on a consistent basis. Something Jordan is still trying to figure out. On top of that, he's a way better P&R scorer than Bynum or Pau. Emphasis on P&R, not pick and pop, which Pau is pretty adept at.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby mrnr on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:09 pm

KB&AB wrote:Dwight has a very limited offensive skill. He is just like DeAndre Jordan. They can run, dunk and play defense and can't make free throw... Every time dwight gets double team, he passes. He is scared. its sad that Bynum can actually scored on double team few times. I just hope dwight needs to work on his offensive skill. Of course when nash and pau return, they will get him more easy baskets. But you can't always depend on nash and pau all the time. You have to learn how to create for yourself. Nash and Pau won't be here for a long time... I won't be surprised that Dwight will play well against a scrub player, power forward Lavoy Allen next game on sunday. Maybe 30 points from dwight.

You know allot about Basketball dont you Dwight gets double team, he passes. He is scared. :bang:

The Basketball code of double team is to pass the ball to the open player and Nail down the 3..
I think Meeks speaks volume..I dont know about you...but D12 passes out of the DT looks pretty good..

Only scares here is you lame post..
mrnr

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Dwight needs more touches. I don't care if their on the block or on PNR. We need to get him going early and keep him involved. We can work inside/out or off of PNR. Kobe is a scorer. He's not a PG. I think Dwight is going to be the biggest beneficiary when Nash gets back for obvious reasons...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby KobeCory8 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Michael Thompson said something interesting on the post game show. When you look at the box score it says Howard is geeting 6-8 shots sometimes, but really in those games he is getting about 16 shots. The other 10 shots he is usually fouled on, and if he misses the shot then it doesn't count as a shot attempt. If he improves the ft shooting even a little we will see larger point totals from him.
KobeCory8

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 pm

KobeCory8 wrote:Michael Thompson said something interesting on the post game show. When you look at the box score it says Howard is geeting 6-8 shots sometimes, but really in those games he is getting about 16 shots. The other 10 shots he is usually fouled on, and if he misses the shot then it doesn't count as a shot attempt. If he improves the ft shooting even a little we will see larger point totals from him.

this is what I've been saying all alone. Not everything is so evident in looking purely at "stats"
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard