D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:dwight was phenomenal tonight. besides the 26 rebounds, he was a great at protecting the rim.

soon, it's going to be time to think about how we surround dwight with the right talent for the remainder of his career.

IF he stays...which doesn't seem that ridiculous a variable lately.

well i think we start at this trade deadline to bring in guys that he'll work well with. let him know we're seriouis about keeping him.
Pig Miller

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Pig Miller wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:dwight was phenomenal tonight. besides the 26 rebounds, he was a great at protecting the rim.

soon, it's going to be time to think about how we surround dwight with the right talent for the remainder of his career.

IF he stays...which doesn't seem that ridiculous a variable lately.

well i think we start at this trade deadline to bring in guys that he'll work well with. let him know we're seriouis about keeping him.

it's going to have to come to that now. No other way around it at this point.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby XXIV on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

He was great rebounding and very solid defensively, but he did have a couple of "McGee" like plays towards the end of the game. Hopefully his shoulder is fine and he can play against Houston.
XXIV

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

What I was saying weeks ago. We're not in the championship hunt. We're in the "Sign Dwight Howard" this offseason hunt and we're the only team in the league that can really impact the likelihood of being able to do that right now.
JGC

Postby XXIV on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 pm

JGC wrote:What I was saying weeks ago. We're not in the championship hunt. We're in the "Sign Dwight Howard" this offseason hunt and we're the only team in the league that can really impact the likelihood of being able to do that right now.

The Clippers are playing like the best team in the league and they have CP3 to worry about, why can't we do the same?
XXIV

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 pm

XXIV wrote:
JGC wrote:What I was saying weeks ago. We're not in the championship hunt. We're in the "Sign Dwight Howard" this offseason hunt and we're the only team in the league that can really impact the likelihood of being able to do that right now.

The Clippers are playing like the best team in the league and they have CP3 to worry about, why can't we do the same?

Well, they're doing a good job of giving him reasons to stay. We're not.
JGC

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Dwight just keeps getting better and better, only 7FG though. 26 boards, amazing!

He did have a bonehead play but overall he had an excellent game. We need to make some moves to compliment the guy.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 pm

It's not the FGA to look at. It's the touches he gets, which are important
Battle Tested20

Postby kobeslaker on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:It's not the FGA to look at. It's the touches he gets, which are important

He just can't handle the ball well, he can't even protect the ball, just like Kwame Brown.
kobeslaker

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 am

kobeslaker wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:It's not the FGA to look at. It's the touches he gets, which are important

He just can't handle the ball well, he can't even protect the ball, just like Kwame Brown.

In Orlando, he played like superman. In Lakers, he played like Kwame in a sudden. I hope this is not the reason for Kobe should take over D12's offense and D12 should take over Kobe's defense.
odom1year

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am

odom1year wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:

In Orlando, he played like superman. In Lakers, he played like Kwame in a sudden. I hope this is not the reason for Kobe should take over D12's offense and D12 should take over Kobe's defense.

Please, Dwight and Kwame in the same sentence :man10:

oooo how soon you forget how bad that guy was when he was here
Battle Tested20

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
odom1year wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:

Please, Dwight and Kwame in the same sentence :man10:

oooo how soon you forget how bad that guy was when he was here

Actually I blamed him most. Throwing the ball away...missing wide open layups...
odom1year

Postby WilliamHaven on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am

odom1year wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:

He's averaging the same, if not less than, amount of turnovers per game as he did in orlando. Let's not embarrass ourselves by comparing Dwight to Kwame. The man didn't play basketball for almost a year and he is still playing top tier ball. I must have missed the game where Kwame pulled down 26 boards.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:54 am

WilliamHaven wrote:
odom1year wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:

He's averaging the same, if not less than, amount of turnovers per game as he did in orlando. Let's not embarrass ourselves by comparing Dwight to Kwame. The man didn't play basketball for almost a year and he is still playing top tier ball. I must have missed the game where Kwame pulled down 26 boards.

Just feeling disappointed. I think D12 has the same feeling. We overlooked him in offense. He should draw attention in the post to release pressure for others which Bynum did well in last 2 seasons.
odom1year

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 am

1. Mike 'Antoni doesn't like to post up players, he stated it when he got here, huge reason why Dwight doesn't get used enough there.

2.Dwight doesn't have anywhere near the post game that Bynum had, he doesn't draw attention so much as draw fouls, that lead to bricked free throws. He seems to get left to single coverage quite often actually, and a lot of times when the double does come it's when he's making his move and he gets stripped. He does pass well out of the post, but not fantastically or anything.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 am

Weezy wrote:1. Mike 'Antoni doesn't like to post up players, he stated it when he got here, huge reason why Dwight doesn't get used enough there.

2.Dwight doesn't have anywhere near the post game that Bynum had, he doesn't draw attention so much as draw fouls, that lead to bricked free throws. He seems to get left to single coverage quite often actually, and a lot of times when the double does come it's when he's making his move and he gets stripped. He does pass well out of the post, but not fantastically or anything.

BINGO. Get it odom???
LTLakerFan

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 am

Weezy wrote:1. Mike 'Antoni doesn't like to post up players, he stated it when he got here, huge reason why Dwight doesn't get used enough there.

He was doubled plenty in Orlando. Sometimes tripled. That's not going to happen here with Kobe and Nash.

Instead other teams just collapse when he makes a move because we have no shooters.

For bynum's alleged great post game (I like bynum by the way) he averaged the same amount of points with better efficiency with Kobe and artest taking more shots a game

Something doesn't equate. Dwight may not have bynum's touch which obviously hurts him close to the rim right now since he's not capable of slamming it everytime, but let's not pretend the guy is incapable of scoring in the post

Things are different here than in Orlando. Less spacing, less touches, not healthy. Didnt he say love 2 weeks ago he still has tingling in his legs and back stiffness.

He's still got hurdles to jump before hes back. Hurdles that I'm not sure he can come back from without the offseason
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:50 am

Biggest cry baby "superstar" diva EVER. period!
Melo Drama is notthing in compare to Dwight.
And again, he is ALMOST crying during postgame.
He want buddy and fun, this and that, omg just shut up and play, finish your contract and get the hell out of here, this ain't team for cry babies.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 am

1. I knew that. That's why I always defend D12 and Pau with bad performances. MDA completely changed their games and demolished our biggest advantage. When Pau is asked to shoot 3 ball, he is going to be the scapegoat, especially with his bad defense.

2. I think D12 is not getting the same amount of offensive opportunities as he had in Orlando. When D12's still a Magic, I doubt anyone here would think he doesn't have anywhere near the post game that Bynum had. Is bricking FT a big issue ? No. Wilt and Shaq bricked tons of FT and much more than D12. If Wilt and Shaq are not allowed to get the ball, shoot and dominate, they will never list in the all-time greats.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Biggest cry baby "superstar" diva EVER. period!
Melo Drama is notthing in compare to Dwight.
And again, he is ALMOST crying during postgame.
He want buddy and fun, this and that, omg just shut up and play, finish your contract and get the hell out of here, this ain't team for cry babies.

Does he take a shot at Kobe by saying we have to play more team ball, share the ball and trust your teammates more ? It's sad that Shaq's word comes true...D12 is no longer the best center. :bang:
odom1year

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 am

How easily some of you are blinded by anger to not realize dwight is obviously not 100% its sad actually.

He is doing nothing to warrant all this hate, if anything all of you should be praising him for actually playing defense unlike any of our players except for perhaps metta.

You guys are seeming like the whiners to me, wait till he is 100% before complaining as if he were useless. D'Antoni doesn't like to use centers how they should be used, that's another huge problem.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 am

I still blame Jim Buss for all our woes...we could have had Adelman.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

1. The guy is clearly not healthy. His usual strength isn't there, so he can't bully guys around the basket. His post game has suffered because he's not as strong as he's used to being and not as explosive either. He knows this, which is why he tries to use his quickness around the basket to get looks which he unfortunately rushes because so many teams just collapse on him, hack at the ball, and he gets a turnover. He's got to adjust.

2. He's been great the last couple of games. Not his usual self, but his motor is there. He's working really hard for us. Why aren't we talking about that?

26 rebounds tied a career high. He dominated the boards last night, he's not the reason we lost that game. Well technically he is, but that was just so damn unlucky :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

He keeps getting stripped too many times. Damn when will he learn? Keep the ball up high

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard