D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

D'Antoni on Dwight tonight vs. Clippers: "He had a great week of practice. ... I'm looking forward to seeing him at the top of his game."

Let's Go Dwight :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Finwë on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

D'Antoni on Dwight tonight vs. Clippers: "He had a great week of practice. ... I'm looking forward to seeing him at the top of his game."

Let's Go Dwight :jam2:

:man10:
Statistically a very good game, but he was just awful in several different stretches. It's extremely CRINGE worthy every time he gets the ball on the block. He has NO offensive set, he gets stripped every time. Bricked a bunch of FTs.
His D is overrated too, at least tonight his effort at that end was inconsistent.

Oh, and he commits such dumb fouls.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 pm

This guys post game makes Blake Griffin's look average.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DHL on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 pm

dude should go to back rehab
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm

tonight was the first time i found myself thinking "dwight howard might be overrated"

not 100% i guess
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 am

dwight doesn't have that passion for the game. That will to win, be dominant, and make your mark in the history of the nba. kobe has it, shaq had it, dwight sadly does not. I don't get why he was laughing and smiling there in stretches of the game. And I think kobe realizes this, and wants him to develop that. I rember the game against portland a few games back, dwight came out and dominated. And kobe noticed it, said that he came out with a beast attitude that was a bit different, and was nice to see. In all honesty, I think bynum even had it. Although he was a knucklehead. If we would have given him time to mature (and if he was a healthy guy), I think he could dominate centers the way shaq did back in the day. Bynum definitely has that fire.
King of Clutch

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 am

I wanted to punch his goofy face after his offensive foul late in the 4th
wcsoldier81

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 am

I thought Dwight had one of his best games offensively in a while (I guess that's not saying much though).
Helljumper

Postby Armani on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 am

Without his defense, we would be getting murdered every game. Give his offense time, I am sure it will come.
Armani

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:18 am

Helljumper wrote:I thought Dwight had one of his best games offensively in a while (I guess that's not saying much though).

It would be interesting to see his points off offensive rebounds and put backs and points off post ups. He got a ton of post ups tonight and I feel like he turned it over or through up some prayer every time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:18 am

Hes getting stripped so many times. Damnit man get it together

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am

Can't be too hard on the guy knowing he's 80% at most.. He's fighting through it & playing hard.. I just hope he can get to atleast 90% in time for the playoffs.
lakersin4

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 am

lakersin4 wrote:Can't be too hard on the guy knowing he's 80% at most.. He's fighting through it & playing hard.. I just hope he can get to atleast 90% in time for the playoffs.

had to :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:29 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Helljumper wrote:I thought Dwight had one of his best games offensively in a while (I guess that's not saying much though).

It would be interesting to see his points off offensive rebounds and put backs and points off post ups. He got a ton of post ups tonight and I feel like he turned it over or through up some prayer every time.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, his post game was still pretty bad, but that's what I've come to expect. I just felt that he turned it over a little less today (well at least in terms of getting stripped in the post) and his prayers went in at a better rate than they have been lately.
Helljumper

Postby Finwë on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am

fkmikebrown wrote:tonight was the first time i found myself thinking "dwight howard might be overrated"

not 100% i guess

I've been thinking that for a WHILE now.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 am

His hands were Kwame level through some stretches tonight. That's not just me, the same comparison kept coming up on twitter. Just fumbling the ball and getting stripped with such ease.
Finwë

Postby WilliamHaven on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

still better than andrew despite whatever flaws people come up with.

especially since andrew's knees get sore at the thought of holding a basketball.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

good game for him not being 100%. not the dwight we want to see but still solid for a starting center. dont like how he gets stripped so much. gotta work on that but thats been a career problem for him
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 am

Ariza3 wrote:good game for him not being 100%. not the dwight we want to see but still solid for a starting center. dont like how he gets stripped so much. gotta work on that but thats been a career problem for him

Forget the free throws, its the one thing I had always loved about Drew's game that I couldn't stand about Howards. Drew always kept the ball up high where no one ever stripped him.

Not at all saying Drew is better or I wish we had Drew. I would continue to make the Dwight trade 12/10 times and even more if I could.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I wanted to punch his goofy face after his offensive foul late in the 4th

This. That foul pretty much cost us the game. I know everyone can't be Kobe, but you will never see Kobe grinning and smiling after a stupid play in crunch time.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am

fkmikebrown wrote:tonight was the first time i found myself thinking "dwight howard might be overrated"

not 100% i guess

D12 is overrated if you really thought of him as a franchise player. A number 1 guy you build around for the future. I've never thought of him this way even when Dwightmare was going on. We need somebody like CP3, Kyrie Irving, or somebody else as a #1 guy to pair with D12 when Kobe is gone.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 am

Finwë wrote:

not 100% i guess

I've been thinking that for a WHILE now.

How he is overrated?

Dwight isn't anywhere near 100 percent and he's still putting up 18 & 12.

He's nowhere near overrated either.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 am

revgen wrote:

not 100% i guess

D12 is overrated if you really thought of him as a franchise player. A number 1 guy you build around for the future. I've never thought of him this way even when Dwightmare was going on. We need somebody like CP3, Kyrie Irving, or somebody else as a #1 guy to pair with D12 when Kobe is gone.

How is Dwight not a franchise player?

The dude took a mediocre Orlando team to the Finals.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
revgen wrote:

not 100% i guess

How is Dwight not a franchise player?

The dude took a mediocre Orlando team to the Finals.

in the Leastern Conf ... with KG missing the playoffs AND the Magic shooters getting incredibly hot from 3... until the Finals
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 am

^ By your logic our 2009 championship doesn't count because KG didn't play.
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard