D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Phil Jackson: Lakers Have Eliminated Dwight's Assets On Offense

Phil Jackson recently purchased the NBA League Pass at the insistence of fiance Jeanie Buss.

Jackson has been asked by a few teams to take notes on what he sees and was recently asked by Jack McCallum what he sees when he currently watches the Los Angeles Lakers.

"They just don't put the ball in the post," said Jackson. "They'll use a screen-roll to get the guy in the post. But there's no consistent plan to do it. Yes, Kobe will go in there. But Dwight [Howard] just doesn't get any touches. They've basically eliminated his assets."

Jackson believes Howard could be similar to Shaquille O'Neal in his ability to draw double teams and find open shooters.

"I think he can be. But he is not where he needs to be physically because of the back surgery. He needs a year to recover from something like that. He's starting to come around, but he has a massive upper body to carry around. He's a terrific athlete, but he still has to get all that back. He's looking better all the time, but his problem right now is turnovers. He's got to have a little better recognition, and that will help him gain the confidence of his teammates and coach, which he does not have now."

Jackson concedes that he sees the Lakers improving.

"Yes, I think they are finding a way to play. And that's nice to see. Steve (Nash) has had to sacrifice because Kobe (Bryant) is dominating the ball, but Kobe is showing he can be both playmaker and scorer. Now it's about defense. And I think that's coming around. They make the playoffs, I think they've shown they're going to be in it with every team."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... On-Offense

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm

khmrP wrote:and Howard wasn't dropping #'s like that during his playoff runs in Orl? Yes he's not doing it here I concede that but doesn't mean he "couldn't" do it if/when that opportunity present itself as a Laker.

No, he wasn't. Not even in 2009 when he went to the Finals. He played extremely well, but not Shaq level.
Chillbongo

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
khmrP wrote:Shaq "desire to win" should be questionned, NEVER came to camp in Shape, ALWAYS got hurt because he didn't show up in shape, and ALWAYS recovered on "company time" and NEVER played a full season. None of that aspect dictates "desire to win" IMO. Also great leader dont ostricize his teammates because of fear of sharing the spot light like he did to Kobe.

Shaq's desire to win should be questioned? Were you around to watch the Lakers from 1999-2002? His company time recovery came after 3-PEATING at least. Not excusable, but he had something to show for it.

Also that "journalism" above quite plainly is just prodding. I don't even think Dwight could fit in Kobe's jersey. It could be true, and if it was, it was probably all in good fun. There's no way he was hating on Kobe in front of the entire West team. Also, how is it that "all" the West players were in the locker room....but Kobe wasn't?

why can't it? People try to gauge Howard desire to win to Kobe, can you honest say Shaq desire to win can be gauge by Kobe off-season dedication?
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm

His performance IN the season can, and that's what matters. Where's Dwight's dedication to win IN the season?

Also, you are comparing Shaq to probably the most OBSESSED person with winning and self-improvement. Just because he isn't on Kobe's level doesn't mean he isn't dedicated to winning. Kobe won 5 titles, Jordan won 6 (relatively as obsessed as Kobe), but there are tons of other players who have won without being on that level of obsession.

And I'll say it again -- when it came to the season and the playoffs, Shaq frikin showed up. Big.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Chillbongo wrote:His performance IN the season can, and that's what matters. Where's Dwight's dedication to win IN the season?

Also, you are comparing Shaq to probably the most OBSESSED person with winning and self-improvement. Just because he isn't on Kobe's level doesn't mean he isn't dedicated to winning. Kobe won 5 titles, Jordan won 6 (relatively as obsessed as Kobe), but there are tons of other players who have won without being on that level of obsession.

And I'll say it again -- when it came to the season and the playoffs, Shaq frikin showed up. Big.

but yet here is everyone using Kobe to judget Howard :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 pm

^ It's the measuring stick you are held up to when you are expected to be THE next franchise player for the most glamorous franchise in sports. It's not like he's Kwame-bad.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:09 pm

nvm, article posted in another thread.
khmrP

Postby LOSLAKERS on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

This guy is an idiot. Can we take his crap eating grin face off of the banner?
LOSLAKERS

Postby Shadow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 pm

If the report is true.. Howard needs to pack it up and leave, simple as that!
Shadow

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm

:man10: Who edited the thread title based on that tabloid rag article? I strongly dislike Dwight and think he hates it here and doesn't like Kobe, and even I have a hard time believing that silky NY Post report.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 pm

nameant wrote:Why would they completely fabricate a story? Exaggerate, sure...but completely make something up? There's gotta be SOMETHING there. It sounds like Dwight. And if it's true, lol at Dwight mocking somebody like Kobe. Who are you? What have you done in this league besides be a poor man's underachieving version of Shaq?

If true it would seem the only reason to do that is to force the organization's hand. He almost sounds disappointed that Mitch reaffirmed or affirmed he would not be traded at the deadline. That would be the only reason to do that. He effing wants OUT. The sooner the better because he doesn't want to risk his big contract and knows we aren't winning jack this year with things the way they are. Maybe I'm full of crap. But if Woj were to confirm he was doing that to Kobe in front of the whole squad....are you kidding me!!!

Maybe also he is being told he can shape going where he wants and not having to put out that effort this year. Which doesn't seem logical.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Weezy wrote::man10: Who edited the thread title based on that tabloid rag article? I strongly dislike Dwight and think he hates it here and doesn't like Kobe, and even I have a hard time believing that silky NY Post report.

Wasn't me, your honor.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:38 pm

The nonsensical and rag tag journalism is completely transparent. They are trying to stir up drama leading up to the deadline. As if there weren't enough drama already with Jerry Buss' passing and the season on the skids, the Lakers just limping to get to the playoffs. Leave us alone. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm

khmrP, just because there has been an injury excuse for Dwight this season -- check out his game logs. He had back surgery so I don't expect him to beast at the level he was in ORL. But how can you explain the drop after the 1st half of January?

He tore his labrum Jan 4 vs Clippers...but managed to put up 31/16/4 vs MIL 10 days later.You're telling me because he's injured, he somehow got WORSE in the month of January, after the initial injury? If he can get 31/16/4 after back surgery and with a torn labrum, he can do it again.

I just have to believe it's a mental thing at this point. I know he's playing through pain, but he literally chooses not to assert himself sometimes.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
There's widespread belief that the Lakers won't trade Dwight Howard. However, several teams believe Atlanta will make a serious run at him.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Horford / Teague / Korver / Zaza / Morrow / 2 1st round picks

for

D12 / Blake / Duhon / MWP

And it's a deal.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
There's widespread belief that the Lakers won't trade Dwight Howard. However, several teams believe Atlanta will make a serious run at him.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Horford / Teague / Korver / Zaza / Morrow / 2 1st round picks

for

D12 / Blake / Duhon / MWP

And it's a deal.

Not bad at all. I assume it's pipe to get Horford & Josh Smith from them, right? :man9:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 pm

not related to the current gossip but I had a friend run into Shaq and my friend told him to "slap some sense into Dwight" and Shaq said "Dwight's a p*****"

just thought it was funny.
Ariza3

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Ariza3 wrote:not related to the current gossip but I had a friend run into Shaq and my friend told him to "slap some sense into Dwight" and Shaq said "Dwight's a p****y"

The Big Truth Teller
Chillbongo

Postby borri on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Ariza3 wrote:not related to the current gossip but I had a friend run into Shaq and my friend told him to "slap some sense into Dwight" and Shaq said "Dwight's a p****y"

LOL. It is hilarious.
borri

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:58 pm

But what if we trade Dwight and he plays great on the new team, that'll be like the Chris Paul trade all over again, you know the "What could've been".
Jazzygirl205

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:But what if we trade Dwight and he plays great on the new team, that'll be like the Chris Paul trade all over again, you know the "What could've been".

if that were to happen then it's just proof he was slacking and didn't want to be here. in which case i don't care how well he plays elsewhere, he can gtfo
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:But what if we trade Dwight and he plays great on the new team, that'll be like the Chris Paul trade all over again, you know the "What could've been".

if that were to happen then it's just proof he was slacking and didn't want to be here. in which case i don't care how well he plays elsewhere, he can gtfo

Yep.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

No, it's proof that he wasn't healthy this year because he came from back surgery & had no off-season to get into shape & regain his strength.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

No, it's proof that he wasn't healthy this year because he came from back surgery & had no off-season to get into shape & regain his strength.

agree with both points, a lil slacking a lot more injury base with his current play.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:25 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

No, it's not proof of either thing, it's only evidence to support either claim depending how you look at it, and probably partly both. (But more evidence of lack of effort and caring than injury :man1: :mhihi: )
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard