D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: Beast mode engaged!

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 am

KB24 wrote:
nthydro wrote:Dwight Howard is so much better than Andrew Bynum.

at this point even Sacre is better than Bynum. Sacre has more minutes, rebounds, points, blocks, assists, steals and shoots better FG%. There are only 2 stats in favor of Bynum. He has less fouls and less turnovers.

But I'll take it for now.

Given that Bynum can't play, that's true. But Howard hasn't so far shown us anything Bynum didn't.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: Dwight Discussion: "They have a monster in the middle" (930)

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 am

Let's rephrase that: Dwight, who was recovering from back surgery, and is still playing with a torn labrum, hasn't showed us anything that healthy Bynum didn't. Because Bynum, when he was hurt, did not produce as much as Dwight does now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm

He was dominant tonight. Thats 14 straight games with at least 12 rebounds

Wish he wouldn't spike the block able shots that can get us possession it resulted in points for the other team, just try to block it and control the ball and gain possession

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Lots of rebounds, excellent D, but try to control those blocks some more. It's not always possible, I know, but still...

Overall, another solid game by Dwight. His defensive presence is obviously huge.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Looking more and more like pre-injury Dwight. His impact on D was huge, I liked his recognition on O passing it out to open players and he was crashing the glass like a beast
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby escobar8 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm

very good game...he was controling the paint...
only thing didnt like is that he didnt even made the point in the second half...plus missing 6 straight ft is to much...
i only wished he got involved more,couse when 3s stops falling we will need his inside scoring...
escobar8

Postby noobiew on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Our defensive anchor, Dwight could win the NBA DPOY award this year.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm

verah nice showing (again)
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm

He's looking much better. Tonight he spiked too many of his blocks though. He needs to settle down in that regard, but i'll take it!

He's finally looking like he wants to be here. He had a big smile after the back to back 'oop jams in the first half. Props.
Frank Dux

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm

When we're on D, I spend 90% of the time just watching Dwight. It is amazing the presence this guy has out there. Players are scared s***less to go anywhere near the paint when Dwight is out there and he recovers so nicely to block shots even when the opposition beats one of our other guys off the dribble.

With that said our transition defense is still dreadful and one of the big reasons we still give up quite a few points despite Dwight's defensive dominance.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm

The dude looks great out there. Defensively he's doing things I haven't seen from a Laker Center on a consistent basis in... I don't think ever. Maybe Kareem when he was a younger man?

He is now what I had thought he would be two months ago. And he is quickly making me feel a LOT better about the future of LA.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm

He and Jamison were all smiles in the 4th.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Discussion: Beast mode engaged!

Postby last stand on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 pm

trodgers wrote:
KB24 wrote:
nthydro wrote:Dwight Howard is so much better than Andrew Bynum.

at this point even Sacre is better than Bynum. Sacre has more minutes, rebounds, points, blocks, assists, steals and shoots better FG%. There are only 2 stats in favor of Bynum. He has less fouls and less turnovers.

But I'll take it for now.

Given that Bynum can't play, that's true. But Howard hasn't so far shown us anything Bynum didn't.

:man3:
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm

He looks to be having more explosion off the floor and getting up higher. By next season, he should be back to his Orlando days form.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Great defense again. So glad he cooled it with the offensive demands.
SpencerHarrison

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

12 - 17 - 5

The back to back lobs were great -- that right there showed me what kind of night we were in for in terms of the Queens ability to play Dwight.

His rebounding and defense were superb, yet again. I've come to expect that every night now. He had some very demonstrative swats too. The one he sent back from Thomas I thought was either going to peg Thomas in the head or make a hole in the floor. Sure it would be great if he didn't block them with as much force and kept the ball alive so that a teammate could snatch it up and get out on the break. BUT I don't have a problem with those swats because they send a message to the defense and stick with them the next time they take it to the rim. You all saw Douglas start towards the rim then he saw Dwight and he stopped dead in his tracks...it was like he pulled the emergency break or saw a zombie/ghost/alien...once he gathered himself, he shoveled it back to the perimeter. Dwight intimidates the living daylights out of most midgets out there and Sac Town has a lot of them.

We were playing great team ball and the 3 ball was falling, but I still would have liked to see him get a couple touches down the stretch. But that's just me. As long as he's happy now and the team is winning, it doesn't really matter.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Good Dwight: "For me, it starts on defense. I have to control the paint, make sure I come out with a lot of energy."

Great attitude.
JSM

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 pm

i still say it's cuz he stopped wearing the headband :man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Man those first 4 made free throws of his looked beautiful with their form.... Seems as if he is slowly getting better with the wrist movement and rotation on the ball. Keep practicing big fellow. Hey Dwight.... Staples and everyone in the crowd loves you..... L.A. is yours.....keep it up :jam2: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby Center Court on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:i still say it's cuz he stopped wearing the headband :man10: :man10: :man10:

this was sound stupid but I think losing the headband was symbolic of a change for Dwight. When he put it on I think it was partly him trying to create this new Dwight. Losing it almost seems to be him saying F it. This is who I am.

On a more tangible note, Dwight is amazing right now. We're probably still only seeing him at 85-90% but he's monster. Having 12 points sounds low but everybody else was getting their looks off of his presence in the middle and the attention paid to him. When they focused elsewhere, he got easy lobs and deep seals. The amazing thing is that the remaining 10-15% he has to get back it a big one.

For everyone all season who has been dogging D12 as overrated and limited, etc. I think we are starting to see how good he is, I know this is the first time I've been amazed but his game since he got injured,
Center Court

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 pm

yes i am officially taking back everything negative i have said about D12. i love him and his game now :man10:
yes i am on the bandwagon! :jam2:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton
Since the All-Star break, Dwight Howard's net plus-minus is +38.6, per http://NBA.com/Stats .

WOW
JSM

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Is Dwight Howard back to being Dwight Howard? Last 5 games: 19.4 ppg, 16.4 rpg & 3.4 bpg. Since AS break: 15.0 rpg.
JSM

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 am

great game. box score offensively may not show it but he did. his defense was great i thought and in the lane they were hitting some tough shots high off the glass over his arms. no foul trouble.

but making 4 FT's in a row then missing 6 in a row was bad. 4/10 but he made up for it with his d.

he ran the floor well, went high up to grab rebounds, blocked shots, contested countless others, and did a good job of getting positon in the paint. everyone looked to feed him but either he got fouled or there was a no call. only saw a couple shots he just missed.

glad we can win with other stepping up and dwight not having a monster game offensively but with his D.
Ariza3

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 am

4 of his 5 blocks were in the 4th quarter
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard