D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: Podcast interview highlights (935)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:58 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:It would be a dark day indeed to see the Lakers do a harlem shake video.

Not if it followed a championship.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 pm

^I don't support any of those stupid videos....however, if we win the Ring this year I'll do it with them in a damn dress if they called me.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Mark Medina
Mike D'Antoni explains how he wants Dwight Howard to incorporate mid-range shots into his game
"We just want to expand his game all over," D'Antoni said. "If he’s going to dominate the league, which he’s young enough and he can, you can’t play within a four foot box. You have to play. He’s doing that. He’s getting more confidence. That will help him on his foul shooting and his overall game. He shoots the ball well. We want to keep developing that and keep getting better."

I then asked if there's a key for him in finding the balance between expanding his game and still providing a dominant inside presence.

"It doesn’t take away from what he does inside," D'Antoni said. "He’ll still post up when he can. When a team knows all you can do is post up and you’re not a good foul shooter, he has to be really good to overcome that. If you can get guys to make jump shots and hit 15 footers and he’s able to make his foul shots, he’s great anyway. But that just adds another dimension to his game."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 1m
Dwight in foul trouble. Every. Single. Game.

Not a very good game from Howard, on either end.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Meh, just one of many Lakers tonight with very little impact that I could see.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Just one consistent post move that he could do every night with consistency would go a long way.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Dwight Howard has a clear beef with Golden State's David Lee. Dwight said: "He got away with ...
a shot," referring to Lee driving with his elbow leading and catching Howard in the face in the second quarter. Howard subsequently fouled Lee in the face on the play, which led to a technical foul on Howard and resulted in Howard taking three stitches to his lower lip.

I asked Dwight what David Lee said to him at the start of the second half, when Dwight looked at Lee in disbelief. Dwight said he was told that Lee "wasn't trying to do it." Then Dwight added: "You can look at the play and see it for yourself."

Dwight also said he would "take care of it later."

The Lakers play the Warriors one more time this regular season at Staples Center on April 12.

kobe and the lakers better make dwight #1 option that game bc hes gunna go off. and i really hope no body gets in his way and keeps the ball out of his hands on O bc he'll be grabbing and swatting everything on D that game. dude was pissed at lee for that obvious elbow. refs screwed with the lakers all game....not the reason we lost but did not help at all
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 am

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahanabout 11 minutes ago

And there was this from Dwight, who was ignored down the stretch yet again in a Lakers loss: "I don't really want to even talk about it."

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2Octzi6vU

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahan2 minutes ago

Lakers needed 3s to get back in game but Dwight's right. Has a *total* of three 4th-qtr shots in March losses to OKC, Atl, Phx, Wash + GS

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2OcwsRAOX
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahanabout 11 minutes ago

And there was this from Dwight, who was ignored down the stretch yet again in a Lakers loss: "I don't really want to even talk about it."

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2Octzi6vU

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahan2 minutes ago

Lakers needed 3s to get back in game but Dwight's right. Has a *total* of three 4th-qtr shots in March losses to OKC, Atl, Phx, Wash + GS

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2OcwsRAOX

UN-F******-REAL. Tell me that you wouldn't be pissed about it? :freak2:
kenzo

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am

D12 is pissed but trying to be more of a good teammate because the media will spin anything he says out of proportion. I really want to see us go inside to Dwight way more often, but we haven't since the start of the season & I don't see that changing unfortunately. If I were Dwight, I would probably go to Houston.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

^ i would too. If he stays it's only because of $
kenzo

Postby Center Court on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 am

Inside-Out

that's how we're best. If we want PNR to be a staple of our offense the that's fine, but INSIDE OUT should be our main focus.
Center Court

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 am

It's hard to justify dumping the ball into a guy in the post during a comeback that A.) Has a very limited post game and B.) Can't shoot free throws.

Should he be getting shots in the 4th quarter. Yes, for sure. But through pick and roll and cuts to the hoop. Any team with half a brain will just foul him as soon as he makes a move in the post.

There's a considerably lower chance IMO of D12 leading the team back from a large deficit by making 5-6 consecutive baskets than it is with Kobe or Nash taking those shots. Nash/Kobe have shown they can hit a bunch of consecutive shots, D12 is very inconsistent in that category because you never know what you are going to get.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 am

Doc Brown wrote:Just one consistent post move that he could do every night with consistency would go a long way.

^^ Agreed. While it's ridiculous to not get him going in the fourth quarter in all of those games - and those numbers are damning and confirm what we've seen (too much Kobe ISO, not enough diversity offensively in those fourth quarters), the elephant in the room is that Dwight's post game straight out SUCKS. You want to debate that? Just rewind last night's first quarter and watch brick after brick after brick.

The dude needs a couple things he can do automatically. So far the best looking move is the left handed hook. I would coach him to work towards that first. Anything right handed is pretty rough. I guess because he's left handed that contributes to his complete lack of touch with his right: that goes for his free throwing on to his post moves. He looks a lot better with that left.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Discussion: Podcast interview highlights #935#

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

I didn't watch the Wiz game but did watch the GS game and Dwight not getting touches in the 4th has more to do with Dwight (at least for GS game) than anyone else. Dwight was being manhandled and hacked by GS but the real reason was his lack of real movement late in the game. I don't recall seeing one strong pick and roll to the hole late in the game. I know some posters will want to blame Kobe for taking to many shots or forcing shots or whatever the claims that it was Kobe's fault. Dwight needs to get into the paint and get those offensive rebounds too. An aggressive Dwight may not get the pass but he surely can get in and get some offensive boards. Also hit some damn free throws (even though Kobe, Dwight and Pau all bricked them late)
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am

Dwight vows revenge vs Warriors / Lee.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9099510/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-vows-payback-play-golden-state-warriors-david-lee

The Golden State Warriors smacked, cajoled and dominated the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.

It left a bloodied Dwight Howard vowing retaliation afterward, for a play he said Warriors center David Lee "got away with."

"I will take care of it later," Howard said.

Howard was limited to 11 points on 4-for-8 shooting in the Lakers' 109-103 loss to a Stephen Curry-inspired Warriors team.

But it was Lee who stirred Howard's ire. During the second quarter, Howard was whistled for a technical foul on a play in which his lip was cut when he was smacked in the face by a Lee elbow, shortly before the Lakers entered the locker room with a 63-40 halftime deficit.

"He got away with a shot," Howard said, according to Yahoo! Sports. "I will remember this game. I will remember that shot. He said he wasn't trying to do it. You can look at the play and see it for yourself. I will take care of it later."

Howard, who required three stitches for the cut, will have a bit of a wait. The Lakers host the Warriors two weeks from Friday, on April 12, in the third-to-last regular-season game for both teams.

Curry scored 25 points and had 10 assists two nights after sustaining a sprained ankle. The Lakers also struggled to contain Lee, who added 23 points and 12 rebounds as the Warriors improved to 41-31.

With the loss, the Lakers dropped to 36-35 and hold only a one-game lead over the Jazz for the eighth and final playoff spot.

"We are the better basketball team," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "They are in the rearview mirror and I have not checked it and I will not."

The frustration for the Lakers was apparent to end the first half. First, Metta World Peace jawed at Lee, then awkwardly patted the All-Star forward's head once officials intervened.

A few minutes later, Howard picked up the technical foul while exchanging words with Lee and an official after he was called for a foul on Lee's layup.

"We made a statement in that first half," Jackson said.
Last edited by John3:16 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am

Quit crying about 4th quarter touches. Want the ball in the 4th? Go dominate the offensive glass. No one can stop you from doing that.

If you're motivated.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am

https://twitter.com/DrewGarrisonSBN/status/316591496679813121

Dwight averaging .93 ppp overall this season (57.1% fg), averaged .96 ppp last season (57.7% fg). Apparently being used blatantly wrong.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am

TIME wrote:Quit crying about 4th quarter touches. Want the ball in the 4th? Go dominate the offensive glass. No one can stop you from doing that.

If you're motivated.

pretty much what I said
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
TIME wrote:Quit crying about 4th quarter touches. Want the ball in the 4th? Go dominate the offensive glass. No one can stop you from doing that.

If you're motivated.

pretty much what I said

I read your post after I posted. Agree with your take 100%.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/DrewGarrisonSBN/status/316591496679813121

Dwight averaging .93 ppp overall this season (57.1% fg), averaged .96 ppp last season (57.7% fg). Apparently being used blatantly wrong.

what is this stat?
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/DrewGarrisonSBN/status/316591496679813121

what is this stat?

just means his overall effectiveness. ppp is points per play. Supposedly he's being misused by D'Antoni yet his FG% and effectiveness per play is same as last year when he was the primary option in Orlando

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am

^ahh. Thanks. Yes, I think Dwight really believes his impact was much greater in Orlando than it really was in actuality. His whole career he has been a liability in the 4th quarter but when healthy he was finishing at the rim and most of his shots were And1's. Now because he isn't fully healthy he is not finishing for And1's but gettting 2 shot fouls which by the 4th quarter are usually misses.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 am

We can't expect Dwight to create in the post late in games.. It's just not realistic with his game as is.. But surely they can draw plays up for him to get free near the basket..
lakersin4

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm not happy with his production. It was for 2 reasons:

1) Pringles should be dictating an inside-out philosophy. He didn't. Or at least we didn't listen. Not a good sign.

2) Dwight didn't bring the effort. He'd let Kobe get into iso and not try to free himself for an entry pass. Also where was the effort on the boards?
Chillbongo

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard