D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: 25/15/5/5 - 1st since 'Shaq in 97 (938)

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 am

What's up with the recent rebounding effort
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 am

odom1year wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:^^^^^ No matter....he needs the torch. Kobe needs to pass him the effing torch. He's younger than Kobe :bang:

He is a better 1st option than Kobe at this point. It's time to build a team around D12, just like 96 Shaq.

:man10: :man10: :man10: OMG you did it again. Same words. Now stated as a fact in "real time".
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am

odom1year wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:^^^^^ No matter....he needs the torch. Kobe needs to pass him the effing torch. He's younger than Kobe :bang:

He is a better 1st option than Kobe at this point. It's time to build a team around D12, just like 96 Shaq.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Don't know why you keep feeding into his nonsense.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:What's up with the recent rebounding effort

This game was foul trouble, the first game was effort. He can't get rebounds if he's not in the game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:

This game was foul trouble, the first game was effort. He can't get rebounds if he's not in the game.

Dwight logged 32 minutes and grabbed 6 rebounds. Playing a few less minutes can account for maybe 2-3 boards, but it is no valid explanation for a total of 6. If anything the fewer minutes played should mean that he was fresher in the minutes on court and should lead to a higher rebound per minute rate. Last night his rate was 1 rebound every 5.4 minutes. His normal rate is closer to 1 rebound every 3 minutes.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Discussion: 4 and 6 rebounds last 2 games

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Its obvious hes pouting like a little girl.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 pm

TIME wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Dwight logged 32 minutes and grabbed 6 rebounds. Playing a few less minutes can account for maybe 2-3 boards, but it is no valid explanation for a total of 6. If anything the fewer minutes played should mean that he was fresher in the minutes on court and should lead to a higher rebound per minute rate. Last night his rate was 1 rebound every 5.4 minutes. His normal rate is closer to 1 rebound every 3 minutes.

I agree, but I think you also have to consider rhythm and flow of the game. When Dwight is forced into foul trouble he plays his game differently. He's a lot less aggressive, he's a lot more conservative. That includes fighting for rebounds.

I'm not really making an excuse, just what I think an explanation would be. I think when he's in foul trouble he SHOULD play the way you say, I just don't remember him actually ever coming out of foul trouble and playing with the same intensity as he should.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
TIME wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I agree, but I think you also have to consider rhythm and flow of the game. When Dwight is forced into foul trouble he plays his game differently. He's a lot less aggressive, he's a lot more conservative. That includes fighting for rebounds.

I'm not really making an excuse, just what I think an explanation would be. I think when he's in foul trouble he SHOULD play the way you say, I just don't remember him actually ever coming out of foul trouble and playing with the same intensity as he should.

Gotcha. I misunderstood your original point. I thought you were saying he just did not have enough minutes on the floor to grab enough boards. You are probably right that when he gets in foul trouble he plays too tentative for fear of fouling out. Still no excuse for not owning the glass, but at least it is a reasonable explanation for why he did not.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:41 pm

No, I remember him playing and watching him just not really go after it... It was frustrating. I'm with you that when he's on the floor, the two things he needs to control are the other team's rim and both sides of the glass. We literally have no one else on the team even CAPABLE of doing these things, let alone attempting.

Hopefully tonight against inferior front lines he'll put up some big numbers. He really needs a bounce back game.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Sometimes they just call the most ridiculous fouls on Dwight :disagree:

Other times I'm like man you got away with one :man1:
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Sometimes they just call the most ridiculous fouls on Dwight :disagree:

He threw the people's elbow at Lopez. :man10:

I'm surprised that wasn't upgraded to a flagrant.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:54 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:Sometimes they just call the most ridiculous fouls on Dwight :disagree:

He threw the people's elbow at Lopez. :man10:

I'm surprised that wasn't upgraded to a flagrant.

you could almost hear the *thwack* and resultant shudder. I know Varejao has won the moniker "Sideshow Bob", but since he's out, let's give it to Lopez.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

:man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm

DuddlyDoRight wrote:Its obvious hes pouting like a little girl.

I like conspiracy theories. Am getting called to task for suggesting in another post there might be some resentment over this "new" team focus of screw the rest of it just give it to Pau in the post. Might as well just say it.....there is a possibility of this happening IMO. I think you're on to something. :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 pm

i feel like sometimes when pau gets it going dwight just mopes around and goes through the motions when he doesnt get the ball
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Not sure if anyone has brought this up lately but no more headband and smiley faces on the court from Dwight.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i feel like sometimes when pau gets it going dwight just mopes around and goes through the motions when he doesnt get the ball

There was one play with a bit of a wide camera angle behind Pau where he shot the ball from left high post and when the ball went up there was not a single Laker in sight to maybe catch an offensive rebound. It seemed really disturbing, I remember that, when I saw it. Maybe good reason for it but where was Dwight, sprinting to catch any possible SF or guard on a breakaway from an outlet pass?
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Pass the damn torch
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:i feel like sometimes when pau gets it going dwight just mopes around and goes through the motions when he doesnt get the ball

There was one play with a bit of a wide camera angle behind Pau where he shot the ball from left high post and when the ball went up there was not a single Laker in sight to maybe catch an offensive rebound. It seemed really disturbing, I remember that, when I saw it. Maybe good reason for it but where was Dwight, sprinting to catch any possible SF or guard on a breakaway from an outlet pass?

i remember a couple times last night where dwight was just standing out of bounds while pau was operating in the post. it was a little weird.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm

This, same thing as Bynum. If he doesn't get the ball he stops trying as hard...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

i dunno, i saw dwight do a fairly emphatic fist-pump after pau made a basket in the post...

but i do agree his body language was off-kilter last night. he got his points and touches (19 on 9 of 13 shooting) so i wouldn't think that's what it was
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Today, he's going back to beast mode on the boards and everyone will like him again.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

karacha wrote:Today, he's going back to beast mode on the boards and everyone will like him again.

He's really "likable" when he's balling on behalf of the Lakers and not pouting on behalf of Dwight, hurting our performance in games. For the most part since the All Star break we loves us some Dwight Howard. Last couple of days, just like when "Bad Kobe" shows up in a game.....has been a little frustrating. Hard to read where his head is at. Show us BIG MAN! :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

possibly the quietest 20/10 ever?
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah. 20/10, 3 blocks... I'll take it.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard