D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: D12 Thread: Brushin' his shoulders off (Won't need surgery)

Postby Chillbongo on Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

^ Questionable source to say the least,

BUT Totally forgot about the CA Millionaire's tax. That is 100% true.

Between that and the state income tax here, the deal in LA is worth only so much more. It really comes down to the extra year, not the extra money.

I haven't done the calculations, but if the savings in state income tax are = or greater than his state taxed salary deduction + millionaire tax deductions, he might end up making the same amount in Houston.

Again, I haven't crunched the #'s but I believe it would come down to whether he wants 4 years guaranteed or 5, I believe the difference in money isn't of as much importance because of the disparity in CA/TX taxing.
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:38 pm

:man10:

Too bad Harden can't be recruiting Dwight in the first place. That's a violation.

BS. A source without sources or actual proof of whatever was just barfed on to whatever was typed out.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Chillbongo wrote:^ Questionable source to say the least,

BUT Totally forgot about the CA Millionaire's tax. That is 100% true.

Between that and the state income tax here, the deal in LA is worth only so much more. It really comes down to the extra year, not the extra money.

I haven't done the calculations, but if the savings in state income tax are = or greater than his state taxed salary deduction + millionaire tax deductions, he might end up making the same amount in Houston.

Again, I haven't crunched the #'s but I believe it would come down to whether he wants 4 years guaranteed or 5, I believe the difference in money isn't of as much importance because of the disparity in CA/TX taxing.

This is 100% true... which is why there is a very good chance that Howard leaves IMO.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 pm

^^^ When are you going to go back to the Rockets board you came from?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Thu May 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Nice one, so I can't even post rumors from other boards... but now... I'm a so-called Rockets fan? stupid getting nervous because there is a good chance Howard leaves....
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:56 pm

why is it even a question of money? so there's a tax, he'll still be making more money here after taxes.

and then the endorsements and exposure vs being a rocket.

as for a team? healthy that team got to 8th place.

a dysfunctional, injury plagued laker team go to 7th.

the only factor for dwight is mental. that's why he "left" go to think about it.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm

^^ No, I don't think that was it....."Credible" at ClubLakers doesn't umbrella posts on fan boards, etc.

Credible here requires an official journalism source. We could make 99,999 "fan rumors" a day....just post it as your own thought next time.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 09, 2013 3:58 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:Nice one, so I can't even post rumors from other boards... but now... I'm a so-called Rockets fan? stupid getting nervous because there is a good chance Howard leaves....

Howard is going to get you guys a bunch of E-Wins. Just how Morey likes it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Thu May 09, 2013 4:03 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:Nice one, so I can't even post rumors from other boards... but now... I'm a so-called Rockets fan? stupid getting nervous because there is a good chance Howard leaves....

Oh boy you really called him out, totally got him. :man11: Please, please tone all this stuff down man, every post you make seems to be filled with some absolutely sure proclamation by you that Dwight is leaving, 'Antoni is the devil, or that the front office is incompetent and will ruin the franchise. We get it already, good god man. If Howard leaves, he leaves, oh well, we're not going to find out in May from some Rockets forum "insider" though, this is something that will be resolved in July at the earliest. You're really not doing yourself any favors getting this engrossed in it and worked up in May man, it's gonna be a long summer. Also, that last line you wrote is like a borderline personal attack/baiting/trolling all wrapped into one, dang. Lastly, you really do come off as a Rockets fan, if you don't want to be known as one, maybe don't, I dunno, post about the Rockets every other post? Maybe don't constantly talk about how much better the Rockets situation is? Maybe don't post info from a Rockets forum that no one here has probably ever seen before and most likely only a Rockets fan would have come across?

If that source IS credible and Howard does go to Houston though, all I have to say is those fans cheering and screaming "yay!" are in for a big surprise when he gets there and the advertised "best center in the NBA" is only that partly by default because the position sucks. Their "yay"'s will turn into sighs when he is bricking free throws, shows one of his 2 post moves, and gets himself ejected from a game because the Rockets are down big and he doesn't feel like playing anymore.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu May 09, 2013 4:27 pm

That "insider" didn't say anything that we don't already know. Although I believe the reason Fegan wants D12 in LA has more to do with Adidas wanting D12 in the LA market than Houston not knowing how to build a championship team.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby abeer3 on Thu May 09, 2013 4:54 pm

IF the insider is to be trusted, it would be pretty awesome if there was evidence of the McHale meeting. because i'm pretty sure the rockets would be screwed. not the first time McHale would be busted for cheating.

anyway, not much new there. if Dwight's dumb enough to go to Houston, let him. can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I still think logic will prevail.
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Thu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm

I called this on Day 1. I knew this dude was from Clutchfans lol silly Rockets fans.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu May 09, 2013 5:30 pm

When Dwight bcomes a FA with a 4 year contract a lockout will be looming and he'll be 32. There's no telling whether he'll earn back that $30 mil. He isnt going anywhere Rockets fans I know you guys follow this thread closely :)

And oh the All star weekend was boring as hell good luck selling Dwight off on "off court" interests.
Last edited by The Rock on Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby last stand on Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm

i was wondering how long until we had a forum insider post in here. nobody panicked though so that took away from the fun
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby noobiew on Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:he is credible on CF according to most members there

-link removed

Just got off a call:

Dwight is not happy with how the Lakers have treated him and how the Lakers have constantly backed D'Antoni.

The Rockets have been doing a hell of a job to get him here. Harden has been calling/texting. During all star he spent a lot of time with Hakeem and Hakeem did the BEST sales pitch ever. He got him with McHale and they hit it off.

Dwight doesn't see a big deal in the extra year with the Lakers and states that everyone opts out of that 5th year anyways, so it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Dwights agent DOES NOT want him to come to Houston and feel the Rockets management can not make a championship team.

Dwight mentioned that in LA there is a "millionaire tax" which Houston does not (I have never heard of this or have any idea)

Dwight and Fegan STILL want to be in Brooklyn but don't see that happening.

Atlantas only way to get Dwight would be to sign Paul as well, they are the team that can sign to max players I was told (didnt check this out). Atlanta also has power because Dwight just recently reconnected with his father and his father is out in Atlanta.

What ! Dwight still thinking about Brooklyn? seems like Dwight really really wants Brooklyn. I'm disappointed with him. :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby karacha on Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Weezy wrote:

Oh boy you really called him out, totally got him. :man11: Please, please tone all this stuff down man, every post you make seems to be filled with some absolutely sure proclamation by you that Dwight is leaving, 'Antoni is the devil, or that the front office is incompetent and will ruin the franchise. We get it already, good god man. If Howard leaves, he leaves, oh well...

I told him the exact same thing. He does not listen.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 pm

You guys are doing a fine job accusing me of being a Rockets fan, when in reality I'm frighten that they are the most biggest threat to obtain the Howard sweepstakes this summer... that does not make me a Rockets fan..... this franchise is a mess right now and I have the right to speak my mind on it... if that's not welcome you can more then welcomely ban me if you want.. i don't care.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Weezy on Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm

It is your right to speak your mind, it's also my right to tell you how crazy or over the top you sound. You prove my point by immediately going to the dramatic here, "I don't care, ban me!". Come on, get a grip. If they get Dwight they get Dwight, you being "frighten" and freaking out really isn't going to stop it or change anything.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, because if Howard leaves... this franchise is gonna go through a black-hole..... they are gonna struggle for years to come...
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Weezy on Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Meh, we'll move on and be fine after a while, we always are. I really don't think he's leaving though, and again, worrying about it to this degree right now, really doesn't do any good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 pm

You already stated your opinion. We got it. You're worried. There is no need to keep repeating it, over and over again - the rockets this, the rockets that. I assure you, we get it, we totally understand it. Please stop.

Not to mention that you don't really know that's going to happen. You don't know what is going to happen to the franchise, and whether they are going to struggle or not. You are writing like you just came back from the future.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Gotcha, thanks... let's hope for the best. :)
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Tragic on Thu May 09, 2013 9:06 pm

blah.
Tragic

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 10, 2013 12:06 am

Doc Brown wrote:

Howard is going to get you guys a bunch of E-Wins. Just how Morey likes it.

OH damn BURN... You got called "STUPID" Doc. Serious Pwnged (is that right?). You know getting nervous never helped no one get over their nerves. In fact I just got nervous because of the nerves from getting nervous. This Insider stuff about Howard going to another team... WOAH. Next someone gonna say that the Lakers are going to suck for years to come if we don't keep Howard. I might just go "stupid" too if that happened.

Anyway, Doc dont feel too bad man we all get owned sooner or later. Glad it wasn't me tough bro
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby abeer3 on Fri May 10, 2013 5:13 am

the only question I have is whether the 2015 mvp trophy already has james harden's or chandler parsons' name etched on it!

ok, I have another, more serious question (since everyone knows the answer to the above is parsons; he's dreamy):

if Dwight hates dantoni, why would he want to go to Houston of all places? McHale practically tore a page out of dantoni's book. they play at a breakneck pace and shoot threes at a rate that pretty much means you're not going to win in the playoffs. dantoni literally invented that strategy. the lakers could easily replicate it if they so chose, but they found out that they were more competitive when they played slow--partly because Dwight is marginalized in a faster paced game. we should ask the Houston insider if Dwight has considered that. and also what kind of cat food Dwight recommends.
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard