D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: D12 Thread: Brushin' his shoulders off (Won't need surgery)

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 10, 2013 6:17 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
OH damn BURN... You got called "STUPID" Doc. Serious Pwnged (is that right?). You know getting nervous never helped no one get over their nerves. In fact I just got nervous because of the nerves from getting nervous. This Insider stuff about Howard going to another team... WOAH. Next someone gonna say that the Lakers are going to suck for years to come if we don't keep Howard. I might just go "stupid" too if that happened.

Anyway, Doc dont feel too bad man we all get owned sooner or later. Glad it wasn't me tough bro

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood....NOBODY!!
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kobe_008 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 am

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:Yeah, because if Howard leaves... this franchise is gonna go through a black-hole..... they are gonna struggle for years to come...

Nope we have plan B which is the 2014 free agency.
yes we are not getting Kobe's 6 ring nxt year.but we get to re-tool if dwiggt leaves.
if D12 leaves he is leaving the best Sports Franchise.
unless he wins a ring he will be labeled weak until then
kobe_008

Postby Mr. Bryant on Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 am

Dwight might be a bonehead clown.

But there is a 0.1 % chance he leaves $30 million on the table. Meaning its a virtual lock he re-signs, even if he doesn't want to be here or whatever.
Mr. Bryant

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 9:50 am

Mr. Bryant wrote:Dwight might be a bonehead clown.

But there is a 0.1 % chance he leaves $30 million on the table. Meaning its a virtual lock he re-signs, even if he doesn't want to be here or whatever.

Cleveland also had more money to offer to LeBron in 2011 but he still left. money is not everything... in this case.... if the 5th year is not really Important to Howard & and his agenet... then his chances of leaving are pretty good.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby abeer3 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 am

cleveland didn't have more years (s&t rules made that moot back then), just bigger raises. also, he was joining dwyane wade and chris bosh, not james harden and omer asik.
abeer3

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 10, 2013 10:04 am

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:

Cleveland also had more money to offer to LeBron in 2011 but he still left. money is not everything... in this case.... if the 5th year is not really Important to Howard & and his agenet... then his chances of leaving are pretty good.

What happened with Deron Williams? :what:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Fri May 10, 2013 10:15 am

abeer3 wrote:cleveland didn't have more years (s&t rules made that moot back then), just bigger raises. also, he was joining dwyane wade and chris bosh, not james harden and omer asik.

with pat riley running the organization, not darryl morey
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JGC on Fri May 10, 2013 10:29 am

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:

He left up pair up with Bosh and Wade. He left money on the table specifically because there were other big names he wanted to play with.

Just because Rick Fox took less to come and play here doesn't mean Dwight Howard is definitely going to do the same.

If there is a GOOD reason for D12 to leave money on the table, he will, I agree. But using Lebron (or Rick Fox) or anyone else as an example isn't a fair comparison unless you can find a situation which is actually comparable.
JGC

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:52 am

So Dwight would leave money on the table to play with Harden, Lin, Parsons who got the 8th seed on a healthy team, vs. a Laker team who got 7th seed despite having injuries to every player, a coaching change, other distractions?

Yeah okay.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JGC on Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

Frankly, I don't want D12 here if it's just about the money. So if that is the reason he signs here, I'm not interested. I'd rather rebuild and get players who WANT to be here with money being the icing on the cake.
JGC

Postby The Rock on Fri May 10, 2013 11:30 am

Players have a short window to make a ton of money they're not passing it up. Besides Nash could've signed with the Lakers outright for vet minimum but he chose to get paid & made Lakers use the TPE that doesn't mean Nash is greedy and wants $ more than winning a ring

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 am

Not having the option to do a S&T because we are over-the-cap is gonna hurt us in the long-run.... Imagine... a front-court of Gasol/Hill/Sacre/Clark next year.... that makes me want to puke.... I rather not watch Lakers games if that's the front-court we're gonna have...
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby JGC on Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, I'm not saying just because he takes the money that means he doesn't want to be here, I'm just saying, if the only reason he stays here is for the contract, then I'm not interested. Kobe took the money but he wanted to be a Laker first and foremost.
JGC

Postby JGC on Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 am

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:Not having the option to do a S&T because we are over-the-cap is gonna hurt us in the long-run.... Imagine... a front-court of Gasol/Hill/Sacre/Clark next year.... that makes me want to puke.... I rather not watch Lakers games if that's the front-court we're gonna have...

Wouldn't next year be the short run and not the long run? :man10:

It's not about next year. It's about the year after next and beyond. IMO. I am viewing next season as a lost season.
JGC

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 am

JGC wrote:Yeah, I'm not saying just because he takes the money that means he doesn't want to be here, I'm just saying, if the only reason he stays here is for the contract, then I'm not interested. Kobe took the money but he wanted to be a Laker first and foremost.

If he doesn't want to be here... then don't let the door hit him on the way out... Rockets fan and Mavericks fans seem a lot of excited about Howard then Laker fans are.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 11:42 am

JGC wrote:Wouldn't next year be the short run and not the long run?

It's not about next year. It's about the year after next and beyond. IMO. I am viewing next season as a lost season.

This 2014 cap-plan reminds me of the good ole 2005 plan which never worked out and we decided to trade Caron Butler for Kwame Brown...... the Lakers should make moves to win now..... or else they are just being aholes.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby JGC on Fri May 10, 2013 11:51 am

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:
JGC wrote:Wouldn't next year be the short run and not the long run?

This 2014 cap-plan reminds me of the good ole 2005 plan which never worked out and we decided to trade Caron Butler for Kwame Brown...... the Lakers should make moves to win now..... or else they are just being aholes.

What do you mean that never worked out? The 2014 plan isn't to field a contender immediately. It's to start the process of building a contender.

The 2005 'plan' you're referring to was to start over, move Shaq, and start the process of building around Kobe for another run. Which, we did.

Were you under the impression that the moves made prior to the start of the 2004-2005 season was intended to immediately field a contender? If so, you were under the wrong impression.

Sometimes, you have to take one step back to take two steps forward.
JGC

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am

All I know is, if MDA is the coach and our front-court is filled with Gasol/Hill/Clark/Sacre.... I will not watch a single Lakers game next year... it would be brutal...
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am

Doc Brown

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

According to CF.... Donatas Motiejunas is already prepared to play with Howard next year....

-link removed

Scroll down
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby revgen on Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Who?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Rock on Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

revgen wrote:Who?

The guy Morey desperately tried to sell off to Orlando as the next big thing in the Dwight Howard trade talks. Hennigan knew their assets were wack lol Thats a huge red flag right there Houston had all these pieces to offer in a Dwight trade & Orlando didn't want it. Enough said. And its not like those players values have gone up since last July either

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

[quote="C0TT0NCANDY"]According to CF.... Donatas Motiejunas is already prepared to play with Howard next year....

-link removed

Please go back to that site and post there.
Doc Brown

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm not a Rockets fan, but I have to admit.... the excitement of the Rocket fans is growing with the possibility of Howard going there this summer... they seem a lot more excited to obtain him then the Lakers are.... which makes me wonder if the Lakers are riding on MDA's cok-tail and don't care much for Howard.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby karacha on Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:All I know is, if MDA is the coach and our front-court is filled with Gasol/Hill/Clark/Sacre.... I will not watch a single Lakers game next year...

No one is forcing you to watch any games.

Most of us watched the Lakers even when they were really bad. That happens. You can't rebuild in a year, or be a contender every single season. That's impossible, even for this great franchise. You lack patience.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard