D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby Murdock on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 am

Boy he needs Kareem to teach him fundamentals ... not only footwork but those stupid fouls he does sometimes and he doesn't take care of the ball ... other than that once he gets into shape he is gonna be beastly ...
Murdock

Postby nthydro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:40 pm

He really needs to do something about getting the ball stripped. Opponents are going to realize this and try it on him every single time. Karl Malone would have a field day guarding him right now. :man10:
nthydro

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I think Dwight is learning he won't get the calls he got in Orl now he is a Laker. I would say 80% of the time he gets stripped would be a foul if he were in Orl. He needs to get that ball in his hands stronger and learn to move faster with the ball. it will come in time as he adjust to being a "Laker" with the refs.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Speaking of Karl Malone, I'd like to see Dwight channel some Mailman elbows in traffic. This is what opponents did when Karl secured a rebound in traffic:

On offensive moves, I'd like to see Dwight keep the ball high and lead with his elbows like Shaq used to do:

“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I think Dwight is learning he won't get the calls he got in Orl now he is a Laker. I would say 80% of the time he gets stripped would be a foul if he were in Orl. He needs to get that ball in his hands stronger and learn to move faster with the ball. it will come in time as he adjust to being a "Laker" with the refs.

Two times last night were obvious fouls across the entire arms.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby nthydro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I think Dwight is learning he won't get the calls he got in Orl now he is a Laker. I would say 80% of the time he gets stripped would be a foul if he were in Orl. He needs to get that ball in his hands stronger and learn to move faster with the ball. it will come in time as he adjust to being a "Laker" with the refs.

For some reason that made me LOL
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Speaking of Karl Malone, I'd like to see Dwight channel some Mailman elbows in traffic. This is what opponents did when Karl secured a rebound in traffic:

On offensive moves, I'd like to see Dwight keep the ball high and lead with his elbows like Shaq used to do:

Good points. Maybe he needs to give them a little bit more bump to give himself more separation. Either that or try a pump fake or spin back the other way. His jump hook is getting too predictable.
nthydro

Postby kenzo on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Speaking of Karl Malone, I'd like to see Dwight channel some Mailman elbows in traffic. This is what opponents did when Karl secured a rebound in traffic:

He will get called with an off foul 9 times out of 10. He's Dwight, he plays for the Lakers and its 2012/2013. Trust me guys.
kenzo

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 pm

-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I've heard people say (I don't know how accurate this is as I never watched Magic games) that he actually rarely gets a call in his favor, even in orlando.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby dj vitus on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Wow, just a personal foul on Karl Malone??? That would have been at least a game for Kobe, and probably 10 for RonRon because of "history." Guaranteed.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Punk-101 wrote:

Two times last night were obvious fouls across the entire arms.

Yea there were a couple where it was all arm and no ball. It happened to shaq but shaq learned to keep space between him and his defender. Dwight has to get that down to really get the hack calls.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Scnottaken wrote:I've heard people say (I don't know how accurate this is as I never watched Magic games) that he actually rarely gets a call in his favor, even in orlando.

Dwight is basically the Kobe of centers when it comes to getting calls or lack thereof.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kingsama on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Sometimes Dwights post game is quite painful to watch. I really hope he can work with Cap at some point.
Kingsama

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Kingsama wrote:Sometimes Dwights post game is quite painful to watch. I really hope he can work with Cap at some point.

I thought he was awesome tonight.. He got us going in the 1st with a couple of great lefty hook shots, and the ones he missed throughout the game were all shots I'll take every day... He didn't get stripped which was the biggest problem.

Overall, he was just BEASTING out there. That block and dunk on the other end & that alley oop dunk with the left? :man4: :man4:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GNC on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Those dunks were just nasty...
GNC

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Beast. Not much else to say, he didn't even get fed the ball that in the 2nd half until mid-4th quarter and he still had a huge game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Absolutely amazing. He did everything right. Can't wait to see Nash baack feeding Dwight on a P&R as well as lobs. He's going to feast on the opposing bigs.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Looks like he's starting to get some of those legs back. Some of those dunks were more explosive.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

:scurred:
gill

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:Looks like he's starting to get some of those legs back. Some of those dunks were more explosive.

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

What do you have like a huge folder with these pictures ready to go? :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

D12 takin' no mawfukin' prisoners! :jam2:

Starting to get a taste of just how good this group's gonna be.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Dwight is a damn beast man, geeeez....

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gill on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I like how Dwight chews Pau whenever he misses a defensive assignment/rotation.
gill

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard