D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: Kobe wants the final word (pg 1007)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 am

He's not going to change his mindset or mentality, and guess what.....that's okay. You don't see Duncan wanting to tear someone's face off and yet he shows signs in games where he is still intense, just like D12 did in the Houston Rocket's game (last game of regular season).

Let's just move on from trying to change this about him and let him just be himself. It's beyond ridiculous now with so many people, fans, and so-called "experts" trying to change his personality.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Center Court on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:He's not going to change his mindset or mentality, and guess what.....that's okay. You don't see Duncan wanting to tear someone's face off and yet he shows signs in games where he is still intense, just like D12 did in the Houston Rocket's game (last game of regular season).

Let's just move on from trying to change this about him and let him just be himself. It's beyond ridiculous now with so many people, fans, and so-called "experts" trying to change his personality.

:bow:
Center Court

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:41 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:He's not going to change his mindset or mentality, and guess what.....that's okay. You don't see Duncan wanting to tear someone's face off and yet he shows signs in games where he is still intense, just like D12 did in the Houston Rocket's game (last game of regular season).

While your point is valid I think you are off base comparing Dwight with Timmy D. Timmy has a mean streak in him too and when it matters you see it. It isn't about tearing someones face off but being able to bring that fire when it matters. If he wants to be the face of a championship team then he needs to get real plain and simple.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

It doesn't matter. He's gone to Houston. Bleh

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

The Rock wrote:It doesn't matter. He's gone to Houston. Bleh

And you say this based on...? A week after he said not to listen to media rumors?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 pm

i'm not asking him to become a totally different person, but I do think that staying in la would be a step in the direction of maturity. at some point, you have to view difficult circumstances as a challenge. this is how we grow as people. if you're always running from a challenge, you'll always be...kind of a child.
abeer3

Postby Mr. Bryant on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:47 am

stevekylerNBA
Some Dwight Howard comments... sources close to the situation remind that the Lakers offset tax issues with Shaq by giving $$ upfront

stevekylerNBA
Shaq's initial deal with the Lakers had huge chunks of his contract paid on the first day of the season, as to earn interest to offset taxes

stevekylerNBA
Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn

stevekylerNBA
Brooklyn would have to complete a complex sign & trade to get at Howard, but sources say they are willing to do whatever it takes.

stevekylerNBA
San Antonio has just $32.8 million in salary commits and could have as much as $26 million in capspace in July.

stevekylerNBA
The Brooklyn Nets would have to be under the salary "apron" after a sign and trade, which means finding a third or fourth team to take $$$.

stevekylerNBA
RT @hamoodxo: Pop wouldn't let an uncoachable player ---> Dwight craves coaching now more than ever.

-
Mr. Bryant

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 am

A lot of teams want Dwight, but it will still be hard for most of these teams to get him.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 am

the more teams involved, the better i feel about the lakers' chances, oddly enough.
abeer3

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 am

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2m
Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on http://espn.com
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 am

^ what team can get them both? Dallas? :man3:
kenzo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:56 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on http://espn.com

OH damn... there it goes Chris Broussard broke it. It makes me laugh to see Dwight trying so hard to find another running mate that needs the ball. He didn't want to be "just" a pick and roller yet playing with CP3 will make him just that. It is what he needs but since he complains about not being the focal point and needing to be established in the post so much I wonder why he insist on trying to join Paul. Stay or Go Dwight. Just make up your mind so LA can move on.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:57 am

Curry + Filler for CP3.. Barnes, Thompson, Bogut for D12.. They can team up without leaving California. We can't get below the tax apron while keeping a competitive team around those 2, so odds of it happening here are much lower than the teams with cap space. Can Dallas shed the cap space to join ATL in the bidding? How about Houston, will they trade Lin, Asik, & T-Rob to create the space to put together a big 3 with Harden? I wish there was some way to create the space while keeping Kobe, because forming a big 3 with him on this franchise has to be the most appealing option.. If these guys are really determined to play together, they're going to kill a couple franchises in the process. We'll recover from losing D12 & sign another star or 2 the next 2 seasons, but the Clippers go back to being the Clippers. Not to mention teams might gut their roster to create the space then not be the team that lands them. All we can do is sit back & enjoy the show I guess.
lakersin4

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 am

Doc Brown wrote:

They'd be teammates now and Kobe would be on his way to a 6th ring but unfortunately basketball reasons happened. :bang:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 am

The Original 81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

They'd be teammates now and Kobe would be on his way to a 6th ring but unfortunately basketball reasons happened. :bang:

Remember how outraged CP3 was when it happened? All the talks of suing the league & all. Maybe he thinks he & Dwight got robbed of the chance to team up with Kobe, so he's going to find a way to make it happen now? I know I'm really reaching but wow, seeing a superstar walk for another team isn't something I'm prepared for as a Lakers fan.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 am

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have been in consistent contact recently about the possibility of becoming teammates next season, according to league sources.

Paul and Howard will be the biggest free agents on the market this summer, and their desire is to play together, the sources said.

"They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen," one of the sources said.

The Atlanta Hawks could make it happen. Atlanta, which is Howard's hometown, has the cap room to sign both players to maximum-salaried contracts.

Howard is not particularly fond of the idea of returning to Atlanta, but he would do so to team up with Paul, the sources said.

But Paul, despite recently being upset with the Clippers over the perception that he got coach Vinny Del Negro fired, is unlikely to leave Los Angeles, one source said. He has gotten over his anger with the club and likes living in Los Angeles.

"It would be very tough for him to go to Atlanta," the source said. "He loved Atlanta when they should have drafted him in '05 but not so much since then. But hey, everybody is an option at this point."

The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources. Because the Clippers don't have enough cap room to sign Howard as a free agent, it would take a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers to make it happen.

The Clippers would be open to working out a deal, but they fear the Lakers would never trade Howard to them, according to the sources.

But while trading Howard to a team in their own building seems unthinkable, the Lakers are not likely to get a better trade package elsewhere than say, Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe.

Sources say there was a faction of the Clippers organization that entertained the idea of trading Griffin for Howard when Howard wanted out of Orlando in 2012. But others within the franchise regarded Griffin as "untouchable," and there were never any serious discussions with Orlando.

Multiple sources insist Griffin remains untouchable. But realistically he would have to be included in any deal that brought Howard to the Clippers.

Paul and Howard have been communicating via text messages. This is not the first time they've talked about teaming up together.

During the lockout of 2011, they spoke often about going to Dallas together to play for the Mavericks. But their subsequent trades, Howard's decision to opt into the final year of his contract in Orlando and Dallas' current payroll situation seemed to eliminate the possibility of them becoming teammates.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 am

Lol we're not trading Dwight to the Clippers, just not happening.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:54 am

I'm no Dwight fan, but I wouldn't trade him for Griffin ever, I mean absolutely never. All flash, little real game, I'd rather Howard just walk than take Griffin.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:02 am

That article is so bad and while reading it, it went from bad to worse.....

1.) Both players want to team up, but neither want to play for the only team that can get both of them straight up. Well there's that, so since that option is out of the way let's move onto more BS....

2.) Both players want to play for the Clippers. But the only way that happens is if we take back the biggest joke and overrated player in the NBA, Blake Griffin. On top of that lets give D12 to the ugly redheaded stepchild living in our city to make a super team. That's not happening Broussard

3.) In summary of that article - CP3 and D12 want to play with each other (duh we knew that during the lockout genius) and I will throw worthless information into the rest of the article to make it seem like I know what I'm talking about.

If we ever traded for Blake Griffin, I'd demand a Kobe only camera view because I would refuse to watch that joke (Griffin) play basketball in a Lakers uni.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 am

I'd take Griffin & Bledsoe for Dwight. If Dwight is set on leaving, we're at the mercy of free agency next offseason. Blake is better than anyone not named Lebron that could be available next offseason. Bledsoe gives us a legit young starting PG when Nash is done. We can make Pau the main option in the post & our offense should be much better. We'd have a very exciting team & still be able to create cap space next offseason or in 15 to add another star. I'm not looking at this as Blake & Bledsoe for D12, I'm looking at it as Blake & Bledsoe vs. what we could get in free agency. Yeah I'd do it.
Last edited by lakersin4 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakersin4

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 am

This is getting funny
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am

lakersin4 wrote:I'd take Griffin & Bledsoe for Dwight. If Dwight is set on leaving, we're at the mercy of free agency next offseason. Blake is better than anyone not named Lebron that could be available next offseason. Bledsoe gives us a legit young starting PG when Nash is done. We can make Pau the main option in the post & our offense should be much better. We'd have a very exciting team & still be able to create cap space next offseason or in 15 to add another star. Yeah I'd do it.

OK I don't mean this as an insult but.... what Crack are you smoking? Black is better than anyone not named Lebron? Do you mean at dunking?
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:I'd take Griffin & Bledsoe for Dwight. If Dwight is set on leaving, we're at the mercy of free agency next offseason. Blake is better than anyone not named Lebron that could be available next offseason. Bledsoe gives us a legit young starting PG when Nash is done. We can make Pau the main option in the post & our offense should be much better. We'd have a very exciting team & still be able to create cap space next offseason or in 15 to add another star. Yeah I'd do it.

OK I don't mean this as an insult but.... what Crack are you smoking? Black is better than anyone not named Lebron? Do you mean at dunking?

Not better than anybody not named Lebron, but better than anybody not named Lebron that might be a FA next offseason. Go ahead & name me some players better than Blake that we can sign next offseason?
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:15 am

No. Just no. No. No. No. No. No.

Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:17 am

lakersin4 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Not better than anybody not named Lebron, but better than anybody not named Lebron that might be a FA next offseason. Go ahead & name me some players better than Blake that we can sign next offseason?

Blake is a one trick pony. His game is based solely on athleticism. His defense is tragic half the time, scary bad part of the time and ok the rest of the time. He is a name an addition to a team who wants a little flash without the substance. He is young and can improve but that is a stretch to believe it would happen. Would add excitement? Of course the guy is an amazing dunker. Would he bring us closer to a Championship than Dwight? Hell no. Give me someone who could help the team get better not flashier.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard