D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby magicman32 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm

He almost always misses long he should take a step back like van exel used to do, shoot 16 ft FTs
magicman32

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Rooscooter wrote:MDA just said that 9-21 wasn't the problem tonight.... that Howard's free throw shooting hasn't been an issue.... Orly.....

Was he speaking with a sarcastic tone?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Finwë wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:MDA just said that 9-21 wasn't the problem tonight.... that Howard's free throw shooting hasn't been an issue.... Orly.....

No. And also completely in contrast to what we've all been proposing, he said there was no way he was going to take him out if Hack a Dwight is in effect. He said he will start making those free throws and he just has to work through it. Ok. I guess we'll see.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Finwë wrote:

No. And also completely in contrast to what we've all been proposing, he said there was no way he was going to take him out if Hack a Dwight is in effect. He said he will start making those free throws and he just has to work through it. Ok. I guess we'll see.

We will
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 am

We are at 77.3% FT shooting without him as a team .. tied for 9th best in the league ... of course we are dead last with his bricking at 66.5% shooting .

Shooting a league most 31.3 FTs a game ... 2nd is OKC at 27.2 FTs a game, leading the NBA in FT% at 83.4%

This would end our chances ( which already aren't big) to beat the Thunder in a playoffs series
Last edited by wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I think the rationale is that you keep Dwight out there and force him to endure the embarrassment of being intentionally fouled so that he breaks through it and also because of his defense, but I don't think it's worth it.

His defense suffers when things don't go well on offense and when he starts missing his FTs it's just rolling the dice on whether he will start making them eventually. He needs to go out as soon as Hack-a-Dwight starts.

The guy is smiling when air-balling a FT ... I'm not sure he feels embarrassed
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 am

lakersin4 wrote:I'm telling you.. Benching Dwight when they start hacking him & bringing in Pau is the answer. He's been steadily declining but he's not as much of a disadvantage as Dwight is when he's missing FT's.. Teams can completely take us out of games with Dwight out there. Once Nash is back, Nash, Kobe, Gasol with Jamison, Metta, Meeks, Hill depending on who else earns the closing role. There's no reason we can't have Dwight dominate for 3 quarters & then have those guys close the game. It worked with Shaq with far weaker role players. If Dwight wants to close games he can earn it by hitting his FT's. No more games.

Sure we can do this ( and I agree we should) ... then watch Dwight takes the 1st plane to Dallas as soon as this season is over ...

Why do you think MDA is not taking him out and not calling him out ( as well as Kobe) on his FT bricking ?

Lakers want to sign him next summer so everything is done (or not done) to not hurt his feelings
wcsoldier81

Postby themasterphil on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:45 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:I'm telling you.. Benching Dwight when they start hacking him & bringing in Pau is the answer. He's been steadily declining but he's not as much of a disadvantage as Dwight is when he's missing FT's.. Teams can completely take us out of games with Dwight out there. Once Nash is back, Nash, Kobe, Gasol with Jamison, Metta, Meeks, Hill depending on who else earns the closing role. There's no reason we can't have Dwight dominate for 3 quarters & then have those guys close the game. It worked with Shaq with far weaker role players. If Dwight wants to close games he can earn it by hitting his FT's. No more games.

Sure we can do this ( and I agree we should) ... then watch Dwight takes the 1st plane to Dallas as soon as this season is over ...

Why do you think MDA is not taking him out and not calling him out ( as well as Kobe) on his FT bricking ?

Lakers want to sign him next summer so everything is done (or not done) to not hurt his feelings

well if this is best for the team, why not.....Howard is great player but if we lose games because of him and his FT he need to go. Of course, he can practice that FT but I dont see progress on that at all, he is worst then ever on that and he dont give a damn about that one moment, he just smiling all the time .... personally as a big laker fan that insult me....
themasterphil

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 am

"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Dwight Howard says desire for championship could lead him away from Lakers
By Steven Muma on Dec 3, 8:46a 5

Dwight Howard wants an NBA championship above all else, and that means he could be willing to leave Los Angeles if a better opportunity presents itself.

Dwight Howard came to the Los Angeles Lakers because he felt he had a better chance to win an NBA title with that team. But the Lakers stumbled out of the gate and sit at 8-9 overall, in third place in the Pacific Division behind Golden State and the Clippers. That start had Howard suggesting recently the he might be willing to leave Los Angeles if he thinks he's more likely to win a title somewhere else.

"So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight."

Howard is averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game this season. The Lakers return to action against Houston on Tuesday.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3 ... ship-magic
Oopsss... :freak2:
denimPortugal

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Well he's not going to win a championship as a number one option so unless he miraculously end up with the Thunder or the Heat , his best choice would be to stay ...and wait for KD or Lebron to come here :man10:

Even if he still has to show he has what it takes to win it all , I actually "agree with him" ... he's not going to win with this current core (well that's noy what he's saying though)
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Honestly, if Dwight walks and we get the cap room, we didn't really lose much if you ask me. We only gave up Bynum for him, Bynum isn't even playing, who knows if he will this season even. I like Howard, but the guy is way more inconsistent than I thought, and his free throw shooting is so freaking bad you can't have him on the court when the game is close in the crucial moments because he could literally cost you the game. Not sure how a franchise player for a championship team can be someone that can't even be depended on to close games because he can't make a free throw to save his life. Not really a big fan of his personality either, despite what he says I see very little fire to win in him. So if he walks, being the Lakers, we look elsewhere, I wouldn't be that upset.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Poooky on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Honestly, if Dwight walks and we get the cap room, we didn't really lose much if you ask me. We only gave up Bynum for him, Bynum isn't even playing, who knows if he will this season even. I like Howard, but the guy is way more inconsistent than I thought, and his free throw shooting is so freaking bad you can't have him on the court when the game is close in the crucial moments because he could literally cost you the game. Not sure how a franchise player for a championship team can be someone that can't even be depended on to close games because he can't make a free throw to save his life. Not really a big fan of his personality either, despite what he says I see very little fire to win in him. So if he walks, being the Lakers, we look elsewhere, I wouldn't be that upset.

:beer:
""I eat babies!!! Woot woot"
Poooky

Postby jOeyB7000 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 pm

denimPortugal wrote:
Dwight Howard says desire for championship could lead him away from Lakers
By Steven Muma on Dec 3, 8:46a 5

Dwight Howard wants an NBA championship above all else, and that means he could be willing to leave Los Angeles if a better opportunity presents itself.

Dwight Howard came to the Los Angeles Lakers because he felt he had a better chance to win an NBA title with that team. But the Lakers stumbled out of the gate and sit at 8-9 overall, in third place in the Pacific Division behind Golden State and the Clippers. That start had Howard suggesting recently the he might be willing to leave Los Angeles if he thinks he's more likely to win a title somewhere else.

"So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight."

Howard is averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game this season. The Lakers return to action against Houston on Tuesday.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3 ... ship-magic
Oopsss... :freak2:

From what I've been able to gather regarding this quote and article, it has been taken WAAAAAY out of context.I don't have links to the original article, but that quote was taken from an article regarding why he left the MAgic and had nothing to do with the Lakers.

Edit* Here's a video link to the interview where this quote was taken from:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-dw ... ave-part-2

Sensationalism at it's best.
jOeyB7000

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm

He was obviously talking about how he wanted to leave ORLANDO to win chips because he was in a bad spot there with no other superstar to help him get to the Finals or win al a Lebron. This is just the media trying to spin a story they can sell as they always do.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Weezy wrote:Honestly, if Dwight walks and we get the cap room, we didn't really lose much if you ask me. We only gave up Bynum for him, Bynum isn't even playing, who knows if he will this season even. I like Howard, but the guy is way more inconsistent than I thought, and his free throw shooting is so freaking bad you can't have him on the court when the game is close in the crucial moments because he could literally cost you the game. Not sure how a franchise player for a championship team can be someone that can't even be depended on to close games because he can't make a free throw to save his life. Not really a big fan of his personality either, despite what he says I see very little fire to win in him. So if he walks, being the Lakers, we look elsewhere, I wouldn't be that upset.

I get what you're saying, but we would completely be done without him for the Kobe era at least, and the future won't look too bright without the best C in the NBA being here to attract free agents in 2014. Howard isn't even 100% yet we are judging him too early into the season, around February when he is back, we will have a much different thought about him in terms of how he can change the game in the post & defensively in a more positive manner.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Is he going to be shooting 60% free throws again in February? Will he have developed an offensive game beyond his one fake and drive to the hoop for a hook, layup or dunk, and his offense off of putbacks? I like Dwight, I know he needs more time to keep getting in shape, I'm just saying IF he were to walk I wouldn't cry over it lol, there are other stars with more visible drive to win on the court out there. I believe that quote posted is an old quote though, don't think he said that recently or was talking about leaving the Lakers, I think he stays as we can offer him the most money and a front office that is willing to make trades and signings to win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

if dwight leaves he'd most likely end up in dallas

it wouldn't be a HUGE blow if he goes. we basically got him for nothing since bynum looks like he could be done for good and being the lakers, mitch will work his black magic and come out with something
432J

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

He'll make the most money here. His best chance to compete for a championship is here. Teams that are in championship contention already dont have $ to offer and Dallas is barely an 8th seed

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm

The Rock wrote:He'll make the most money here. His best chance to compete for a championship is here. Teams that are in championship contention already dont have $ to offer and Dallas is barely an 8th seed

As it stands, we are barely an 8 seed.
GoldHammish

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

why are people even discussing this...

some loser writer wanted a story and twisted his words into something he didn't say and now internet forums are going crazy.

If you watch the video, Dwight was clearly talking about his leaving Orlando. Not his plan to leave LA.

Right now things have to be fixed, no doubt. But, Nash back in the line up changes our offense and game plan drastically. Hopefully, we'll find a way to lock and hold teams to 95. Truth be told Nash as our QB and I think 110 is easy for us but our goal should be to hold teams to under 100.

If all that happens, Dwight will have the easiest 25ppg he's ever had and we'll in the finals.
Center Court

Postby gill on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 pm

That article is just pure trollin' for hits. This comes out after the article where Dwight says he'd rate his stay in L.A. a "12 out of 10"?
gill

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

lol your tune is going to be so different when he doesn't get exhausted so easily.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm

gill wrote:That article is just pure trollin' for hits. This comes out after the article where Dwight says he'd rate his stay in L.A. a "12 out of 10"?

Exactly, unless Dwight bases his ratings day by day. :man10:
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

last stand wrote:

lol your tune is going to be so different when he doesn't get exhausted so easily.

I hope it is different then, I'd love nothing more. That said, like I said to somebody else, is his FT shooting going to stop sucking, is he going to stop being a liability at the end of games because of it when he's 100% again? I don't see a bright future with a franchise player that can't be even in the game in the crucial last moments, especially during a playoff or Finals game. If I remember right, Howard missed some big free throws against us in the Finals in 2009 too.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard