D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby venky on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm

I think I'm the only one that hates Dwight. I'll support him since he's a Laker but I'll never like him.
venky

Postby karacha on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Why would you hate him? Did he do something to you and your family?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby venky on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 pm

karacha wrote:Why would you hate him? Did he do something to you and your family?

For the same reasons I hate LeBron. At least I'm being consistent *shrugs*

But I know for sure I'll be rooting for him. That's my Center! :man6:
venky

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm

venky wrote:
karacha wrote:Why would you hate him? Did he do something to you and your family?

For the same reasons I hate LeBron. At least I'm being consistent *shrugs*

But I know for sure I'll be rooting for him. That's my Center! :man6:

For demanding a trade? For deserting the team that drafted him?

Other than those reasons, Dwight is a much more likable guy than Lebron is.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 pm

No, I understand, but isn't "hate"... I don't know... a strong word for disliking someone?

I don't think I have ever hated anyone in my life.

I don't like Bron, but I definitely don't hate the guy. I don't even know him.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby venky on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:06 pm

karacha wrote:No, I understand, but isn't "hate"... I don't know... a strong word for disliking someone?

I don't think I have ever hated anyone in my life.

I don't like Bron, but I definitely don't hate the guy. I don't even know him.

You're right. Hate is too strong of a word. I dislike Dwight.

But I really do hate LeBron. I think he's arrogant, immature, and what he did during the Decision was appalling.
venky

Postby The Rock on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am

Maybe until Dwight is 100% we should run more plays for Pau on the inside, its a good way to keep him focused among The Big 4, hes unselfish but hes also the most passive of the 4, I wouldn't want him to get lost in the shuffle.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:42 am

is D-12 gonna be Ready for open night? I know Dwight's Looking Good from the practise videos I've seen
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 am

^ According to Dr. Robert Klapper, chief orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, he will be.
LAKEROC

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 am

Article from Wojo ...

Dwight Howard aiming to play in Lakers' opener

Five months after back surgery, All-Star center Dwight Howard has targeted his Los Angeles Lakers debut for opening night of the 2012-13 season, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Howard is determined to play against the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 30 at Staples Center, and his progress in recent weeks has strengthened the possibility, sources said.

Howard has privately indicated his back has returned to 85 percent strength, sources said. He had surgery for a herniated disc in April and still needs doctor's clearance to engage in full training-camp activities with the Lakers. Los Angeles opens its training camp Tuesday.

The Lakers have been reluctant to make public a timetable on Howard's return, and have maintained a cautious approach to protect his long-term health.

Howard has been working with Lakers coaches and trainers at the team's practice facility, and has shown an increased range of motion, but has yet to engage in five-on-five or significant contact situations.

[Also: Rasheed Wallace returning to NBA]

The Lakers' coaching staff is implementing a hybrid of the Princeton offense and has shown Howard how the system will open up fresh avenues of scoring possibilities for him.

Howard, 26, underwent surgery in April, and missed the final weeks of the season and the playoffs for the Orlando Magic. After Howard insisted he wouldn't re-sign a long-term contract, Orlando traded him to Los Angeles as part of a four-team deal in August.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard-aiming-to-play-in-lakers--opener.html
wcsoldier81

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:28 am

:jam2: :bow: :man9:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby KB24 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 am

I have always felt he won't miss too much time. He had a 6 month time table and that would be in time for the opener....

so I never thought he is out for extended period of time during the season. Nontheless its good that its starting to get more concrete.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:40 am

The fact that he won't miss any time is great. I'm wondering ifthe coaching staff might limit his minutes to kine of ease him back into game shape?...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:19 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:The fact that he won't miss any time is great. I'm wondering ifthe coaching staff might limit his minutes to kine of ease him back into game shape?...

That would be my guess. Not because they are scared he will hurt himself again, but from a conditioning standpoint it makes perfect sense
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:13 am

Yep , this is completely doable considering the early heavy home schedule ...

The minutes maganement of our BIG 4 has to be solid from the get go ... this is the key of our season imo ... that's why rotations have to be set as early as possible and not to be changed every other game ..
wcsoldier81

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:57 am

Someone photoshop a smiling Great White Shark in a Howard Laker body---Great Dwight Shark
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Yep , this is completely doable considering the early heavy home schedule ...

The minutes maganement of our BIG 4 has to be solid from the get go ... this is the key of our season imo ... that's why rotations have to be set as early as possible and not to be changed every other game ..

Yep. Much as it frustrated the bleep out of us with some of the young players we really wanted to see get more playing time....once Phil had his rotation set he stuck with it all damn season barring injuries. And shortened it up for the playoffs. Zen Master....knew that was a good thing. Potato Head seems to fly by the seat of his pants week to week...even game to game. :nono2:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:23 pm

lakersStan24 wrote:
JSM wrote:http://instagram.com/p/QGyf6dKi03/

Superman Looks Ready!

Superman looks top heavy....got to get that lower body strength back. He will .... looks like he's def doin' work.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 pm

last stand wrote:calling her hot over and over again was uncomfortable for me

Yeah especially since she's not. Her partner now...... :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm

I seriously do not think, even Lakers fans, that anyone knows how good this team is going to be. The only thing that would derail this team is injuries. If there are no major injuries to the big 4, this team is going to roll over everyone and make them look like college teams.
OX1947

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 am

OX1947 wrote:I seriously do not think, even Lakers fans, that anyone knows how good this team is going to be. The only thing that would derail this team is injuries. If there are no major injuries to the big 4, this team is going to roll over everyone and make them look like college teams.

I agree & I don't think all our Big 4 will get injured We'll always have at Least 2 available
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 am

The Rock wrote:Maybe until Dwight is 100% we should run more plays for Pau on the inside, its a good way to keep him focused among The Big 4, hes unselfish but hes also the most passive of the 4, I wouldn't want him to get lost in the shuffle.

This is what Phil would do.. Get Pau as confident as he can until Dwight is ready to go 100%.
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am

get pau involved in the offense early in the season. not only do you have you account for each players skills but also their personalities. Pau will mentally check out if he's not involved...he's already super passive so you have to get him involved early. I don't think Dwight will mind as hell still need to get his conditioning. Also I think it'll be good for Pau as chances are late in close games we'd go inside to Pau instead of Dwight just bc of the fouling issue. it'll be good for Pau to find his spot in this offense instead of trying to find it all season.

we have a big 4 and we have to use them all. no one can be left out standing around...everyone needs to be involved. that's key I think.
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm

^Dwight's got it right. Steve to needs to work on it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard