D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:^^^so people can come on here make ridiculous post and have their screen name change w/o any objections?

I'm really not following you here, not seeing your 'beef' I guess. Yes, anyone at any time can ask the staff for a new username, can't be done a billion times, but you get a few at least. Doesn't matter what a poster has said, especially if they broke no rules, they can change their name. Are you accusing keepbynum of changing his name to get away from his 'ridiculous statements'? If so that sounds like your hangup and maybe you should get over it, or take your issues up with him via pm. I believe the real reason was Bynum is no longer on our team so the username was obsolete, but hey, obsess over whatever you like.

no hang ups, no rules against how I want to feel bout certain posters
khmrP

Postby Ryder Havasu on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:45 pm

nthydro wrote:Image

LOL :man10: :man10: :man10:
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:52 pm

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:^^^so people can come on here make ridiculous post and have their screen name change w/o any objections?

I'm really not following you here, not seeing your 'beef' I guess. Yes, anyone at any time can ask the staff for a new username, can't be done a billion times, but you get a few at least. Doesn't matter what a poster has said, especially if they broke no rules, they can change their name. Are you accusing keepbynum of changing his name to get away from his 'ridiculous statements'? If so that sounds like your hangup and maybe you should get over it, or take your issues up with him via pm. I believe the real reason was Bynum is no longer on our team so the username was obsolete, but hey, obsess over whatever you like.

no hang ups, no rules against how I want to feel bout certain posters

No there aren't, but there are rules against going around baiting by calling posters out by name, and it's not encouraged to go around accusing members of being formerly banned members either. If you think somebody is a formerly banned member report it to the staff through a PM, but chances are we're already on top of it and there's no need to be wrongly accusing people publicly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote: I think most of us would do the same with our favorite player.

I know I was battling people on here trying to keep LUUUUUUKE on the team. :boxing1:
Not really.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Legendary on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Dwight is crazy...

He said he would jump in front of any opposing players who might fall towards D'antoni on the bench. Then he started singing the Whitney Houston song "I Will Always Love You" from the Bodyguard. :man10:

This guy's personality fits perfectly here in L.A..
Last edited by Legendary on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Legendary wrote:Dwight is crazy...

He said he would jump in front of any opposing players who might fall towards D'antoni on the bench. Then he started singing the Whitney Houston song from the Bodyguard. :man10:

Uh oh, he's caught Ron-itis.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby jOeyB7000 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Scnottaken wrote:

He said he would jump in front of any opposing players who might fall towards D'antoni on the bench. Then he started singing the Whitney Houston song from the Bodyguard. :man10:

Not quite. Dwight still hasn't started rapping.... yet. Once he starts a music career it will be clear he has gone full Ron.

:man10:
jOeyB7000

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

jOeyB7000 wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:

Not quite. Dwight still hasn't started rapping.... yet. Once he starts a music career it will be clear he has gone full Ron.

:man10:

And he already has the acting career, he's on his way. :man1:
XXIV

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm

He said he would jump in front of any opposing players who might fall towards D'antoni on the bench. Then he started singing the Whitney Houston song "I Will Always Love You" from the Bodyguard. :man10:

Please tell me there is video of this?!
Snake Eyes

Postby Legendary on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm

^
It was an audio snippet from some Q&A with Mike Trudell. I heard it on ESPN 710. Maybe the video will pop up later.
Legendary

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:16 pm

I sent SLAM Magazine senior editor Tzvi Twersky (follow @TTwersky) a text message on Friday night, asking him if he had heard anything about Bynum injuring his left knee while bowling. As someone who is generally plugged in to these sort of things, I thought he might have some insight. “I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].” CBS Philly

Thank god we have Dwight now. 100% effort every night. :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Net Daily: When told Howard plans to knock him in his chest, Brook Lopez smiled and said, "At least he said what he's going to do." #nottakingthebait Twitter @NetsDaily
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
I sent SLAM Magazine senior editor Tzvi Twersky (follow @TTwersky) a text message on Friday night, asking him if he had heard anything about Bynum injuring his left knee while bowling. As someone who is generally plugged in to these sort of things, I thought he might have some insight. “I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].” CBS Philly

Thank god we have Dwight now. 100% effort every night. :jam2:

I read this earlier today and couldn't agree more. The nagging injuries is one thing, but I want someone who brings it night in and night out and Howard does that and more so far and he's not even 100% healthy yet.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Dwightmare12 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm

First Post been reading for awhile. Finally decided to put my two cents in.

Is anyone else amazed at how good Dwight is? I for one thought Bynum was on level with him. After watching Dwight night after night I realize I was way off base and being a Dwight Hater. I cant wait till dude is 100 percent so we can see what this team is really made of.
Dwightmare12

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Dwightmare12 wrote:First Post been reading for awhile. Finally decided to put my two cents in.

Is anyone else amazed at how good Dwight is? I for one thought Bynum was on level with him. After watching Dwight night after night I realize I was way off base and being a Dwight Hater. I cant wait till dude is 100 percent so we can see what this team is really made of.

Not amazed at all, the guy has been an All-Star almost every season of his career, 3 time DPOY, always one of the league leaders in rebounds and blocks, he's always been legit and better than Drew. He's what people hoped Drew could be if he put in the effort (only better on offense because Drew has a better post game, more moves and better footwork a lot of times down there), but that's never happened, only flashes from Drew. Drew was never on Dwight's level, at best he was just below, but still below. I liked Drew a lot, but he seemed to only play great when he was motivated for whatever reason, and that was not on an every game basis, it was far too infrequent. Dwight still lacks polish in his offensive game, he still can't make free throws, but he STILL finds ways to score pretty easily, he does have a better post game than some thought, and he makes up for any shortcoming there with his rebounding, defense, and that his effort is pretty much always there.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Is it possible to have a subpar 23/15/4/3 game? If it is, then he just had one.

Even his subpar games are statistically impressive.
bumrusherer

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

this was a bad game for dwight, that's saying something. :man4:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Dem freethrows, good lord
GoldHammish

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

It is possible when you're as good as Dwight. He always finds a way to get his numbers though, an 'off' night for Dwight is a great game for Bynum. :man10: But my goodness, 7-19 free throws, that's unacceptable, just terrible, he hits just 10 of those 19 and we have an easier win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Props to Pringles for leaving him in the game. :bow:
gill

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

50% minimum on your fts. Anything less than that is pathetic for a professional player. 7-19? WTF
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm

gill wrote:Props to Pringles for leaving him in the game. :bow:

I agree. I was screaming in the gameday thread for him to be taken out, but that was heat of the moment. In the end taking him out there does nothing for his confidence, was smart to leave him in and let him play through it, needed him on defense, and he ended up hitting 1-2 a few times at the end.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Besides his missed free throws he looked tremendous.
Frank Dux

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Frank Dux wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. Besides his missed free throws he looked tremendous.

No doubt, he looked good ( He always works hard and hits the boards...which is a joy to watch ). But there is no getting around 7 of 19 from the ft line.

It is a treat to have him on our squad.
bumrusherer

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

i dont know how he hits like 80% out of 700+ shots in practice but shoots 7/19 in a game.
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard