D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: complaining about his touches

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

ZenMaster4President wrote:Ah... the difference in offensive games of Bynum and Dwight...

I know one is not playing... just saying that there were people who claimed that the difference is not that big and the difference on defense more than makes up for it.

I think those people has been proven wrong.

As were those that were pointing at "attitude problems" as part of Bynum's baggage. Well, Dwight has got them in spades as well.

IF Andrew was still playing, we'd be loosing the trade badly. And even with that - the fact that Dwight might bolt and this season may be over... we may still eventually come up as the biggest losers.

Shaq was right. Dwight is no superman.

and do you think Bynum would be doing any better in this PnR centric offense even IF he was healthy? how soon we forget how Bynum use to cry to the media as well bout his touches down low and pouting and not trying on D when he didn't get invovled offensively. This trait is inherent in all of these pre-madonna bigs, even Shaq made similar comments during his time here "you gota feed the dog if you want him to guard the yard" or something similar.
Last edited by khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

Every morning I wake up renewed with my disgust with how badly the Lakers' front office, Mitch excluded, effed up the past two coaching hires. That's even leaving Rudy out of it as he at least had won some championships.

Effing boneheaded, stubborn, stupid. :bang: :bang: :bang: And now the bleep is hitting the fan.
LTLakerFan

Postby charvin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

Phil absolutely can do that. I mean, if he was able to make a then-headcase (Rodman) act like an angel most of the time, it speaks volumes to his conflict resolution skills.

Weezy wrote:I can't believe we might have to consider trading Dwight because of something the team did to itself, hiring 'Antoni. Yeah, we'd probably still be mediocre under Phil, but I think Dwight would have been more of a focus, an happier because of it, and Phil knows how to get players to work together even if they don't get along, he commands respect, where 'Antoni is scared of his players. Our team might be screwed out of Dwight and going forward with one coaching hire because the owners have personal issues with Phil Jackson, it's a joke.
charvin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 am

This guy is the Lakers future, it's hilarious that some here are entertaining/daydreaming of trading him because he can't play with Kobe...Kobe's gone after his contract that's for sure. lil Jimbo has screwed up Kobe's waning years with his idiocy.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:This guys is the Lakers future, it's hilarious that some here are entertaining/daydreaming of trading him because he can't play with Kobe...Kobe's gone after his contract that's for sure. lil Jimbo has screwed up Kobe's waning years with his idiocy.

Besides being only a part of the hiring of D'Atoni, what did Jim Buss do, by himself, that showed his idiocy. What did Jim Buss do, that we all know about, that has negatively affected this team and he did it all by himself?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

The thought of trading Dwight is just disgusting. He is the future...
Kit

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 am

Kit wrote:The thought of trading Dwight is just disgusting. He is the future...

he sure isn't playing like the future of this team

and he's not at 100%, we don't know if he ever will be. have you guys forgotten the severity of his back injury? he's clearly still recovering. but if he's the future of this team, he better start playing like it and he can start by working on the basics of developing a post game, which he sorely lacks
432J

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

432J wrote:

and he's not at 100%, we don't know if he ever will be. have you guys forgotten the severity of his back injury? he's clearly still recovering. but if he's the future of this team, he better start playing like it and he can start by working on the basics of developing a post game, which he sorely lacks

Agree. He sure doesnt seem like the future to me.

Kobe is certainly an imperfect hero, but we've been spoiled by having a team leader who was so intensely competitive and driven to win.

I'm not seeing anyone on this roster who could fill those shoes.
phoenixrisingla

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

therealdeal wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:This guys is the Lakers future, it's hilarious that some here are entertaining/daydreaming of trading him because he can't play with Kobe...Kobe's gone after his contract that's for sure. lil Jimbo has screwed up Kobe's waning years with his idiocy.

Besides being only a part of the hiring of D'Atoni, what did Jim Buss do, by himself, that showed his idiocy. What did Jim Buss do, that we all know about, that has negatively affected this team and he did it all by himself?

Brown instead of Adelman, caused this irreversible spiral, Jimmy the weakminded fool easily got impressed... and the fact that Phil is not here because of his pettiness.... you want to blame the players, go ahead, but this idiot loser is the cause of what ails the Lakers.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Brown instead of Adelman, caused this irreversible spiral, Jimmy the weakminded fool easily got impressed... and the fact that Phil is not here because of his pettiness.... you want to blame the players, go ahead, but this idiot loser is the cause of what ails the Lakers.

^
you couldn't have said it any better my friend
432J

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
432J wrote:

Kobe is certainly an imperfect hero, but we've been spoiled by having a team leader who was so intensely competitive and driven to win.

How easy to forget about his monster games this season while he is recovering. Dwight can be fixed. The thought of trading him this season is just wrong. Come on now.

We should worry about who will be our next coach.
Kit

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

Kit wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
432J wrote:

How easy to forget about his monster games this season while he is recovering. Dwight can be fixed. The thought of trading him this season is just wrong. Come on now.

Three points:

1. The longer we get into the season and the more inconsistent Dwight's effort becomes, the less inclined I am to give weight to the "recovering" excuse.
2. Yeah, he's had monster games. He's also disappeared for STRETCHES OF GAMES at a time. I didnt forget he had some good one, so people shouldn't forget how few and far between those good ones have been.
3. We all know he's physically capable of producing numbers. We're talking about his ability to lead/inspire teammates which I think has been an issue his entire career and is proving to be the same old story here in LA.

Bonus 4th point:

4. There is no way MDA is getting canned in the offseason so we can "worry" about it if we want, but it wont be any more than wishful thinking.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Kerppo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

432J wrote:

Exactly.
Kerppo

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Kit wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
432J wrote:

Three points:

1. The longer we get into the season and the more inconsistent Dwight's effort becomes, the less inclined I am to give weight to the "recovering" excuse.
2. Yeah, he's had monster games. He's also disappeared for STRETCHES OF GAMES at a time. I didnt forget he had some good one, so people shouldn't forget how few and far between those good ones have been.
3. We all know he's physically capable of producing numbers. We're talking about his ability to lead/inspire teammates which I think has been an issue his entire career and is proving to be the same old story here in LA.

Bonus 4th point:

4. There is no way MDA is getting canned in the offseason so we can "worry" about it if we want, but it wont be any more than wishful thinking.

MDA is not getting fired is your opinion.
IMO, Dwight is not gonna get traded in this season so there will be no wishful thinking for you also.
Kit

Postby SK8 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me
Dwight: Lakers' Turnaround 'Starts With Me'

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

The Lakers play at the Memphis Grizzlies and have lost three straight.

Howard also apologized for his comments about his lack of shot attempts.

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Hmmmm, OK. Now Dwight please show this on court :jam2:
Last edited by SK8 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Dwight: Lakers' Turnaround 'Starts With Me'

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Hey at least he said the right thing... We'll see about it tonight.

Young guys can be immature at times, but if he can swallow some f***ing pride and just play... we might still make the playoffs to get smashed in the 1st round :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Let see if he talks the talk and walks the walk. Man up, Dwight... You are too good too gifted...
Kit

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

If Dwight isn't just talking & his comments reflect in his play, we're in for a great turnaround. He's our leader on defense & great play/communication from him could really get us playing some great ball.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Young guys can be immature at times, but if he can swallow some f***ing pride and just play... we might still make the playoffs to get smashed in the 1st round :man10:

^^ Agreed. This is at least a step in the right direction. Now let's go try to salvage this horrendous season.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Kit wrote:
IMO, Dwight is not gonna get traded in this season so there will be no wishful thinking for you also.

Breaking news; All of this is our opinions, so thank you for that.

I dont think Dwight will get traded either, so not sure what you mean? The discussion is on if he is a leader or not.
phoenixrisingla

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

alright! another 'lets start the season tonight' statement lol

just show up and play
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

^^ Agreed. This is at least a step in the right direction. Now let's go try to salvage this horrendous season.

This quote thread needs to be moved to TRD's optimism thread. :man12:

Seriously though, after watching Dwight's media/public relations through the years, his WORDS carry very little weight with me. It's easy to rattle off a bunch of cliches to some reporter, its a little harder to bring effort and a competitive edge every night.

Here's hoping he delivers.

Go Lakers! :beer:
phoenixrisingla

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Dwight still isn't 100%. He'll be faster when he is. Shaq didn't have much of an inside game either, but he was really fast to dunk or lay up the ball when he got. Dwight will be the same when he's healthy.

Lakers need to slow the ball down and run it inside out. Heck, if we get lucky and have some success with it, maybe MDA will quit.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard

I haven't heard this before.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Kit wrote:

Breaking news; All of this is our opinions, so thank you for that.

I dont think Dwight will get traded either, so not sure what you mean? The discussion is on if he is a leader or not.

"The discussion is on if he is a leader or not."
What?
I was stating the thought of trading Dwight is disgusting and you quoted me for it. I wasn't even talking to you. Move on, sir.
Kit

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard