D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: Locker room hot "air" (p856)

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Theres no way in hell the Sixers trade with us again after the Bynum trade lol Im sure they probably think Gasol is damaged goods too

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:40 am

Now is the time for Dwight to shut all doubters up. He can destroy that frontcourt if he plays all out. If he has a big game in a win, we might be able to shut the media up for a while & go on a streak at home.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 am

lakersin4 wrote:Evan Turner is supposedly being made available.. Let's get him packaged with the real best C in the league.

umm, do you know how to get pictures of their GM in a compromising position? :man10:
khmrP

Postby M2K on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 am

When DHoward and PGasol...two of the top big men in the league are so unhappy with the coach that they are willing to sign with another team this offseason and ask to be traded...its the absolutely wrong coach for this team.

Mike D'antoni is a dime a dozen, DHoward and PGasol are not.
M2K

Postby DHL on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

yelling at nash for not passing
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

So uuum, when is howard going to look like the superstar that he is? I was just sitting there watching wade dominate when kobe and lebron were on the bench to start the 4th, thinking to myself, howard, now is your time to shine. No nash, or kobe. Dominate! Didn't happen. Part of the reason is D'antoni though. Although rebounding and D can't be put on d'antoni, post shots can. I just don't understand why they didn't run the offense THROUGH howard EVERY SINGLE TIME DOWN, when nash and kobe were out. jamison and clark shouldn't be pulling up for jump shots on the perimeter before howard gets a try in the post. Especially vs Miami. Gotta think d'antoni has something to do with that.
Last edited by King of Clutch on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Yawn. I expect more effort from the 3 time DPOY and a guy that is always tops in the league in rebounding.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby DHL on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm

because he is inefficient in the post
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm

i'd rather have pau right now. oh how things have changed.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:20 pm

I wonder how much is the lack energy due to the back surgery and how much from the lack of will ...
wcsoldier81

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:21 pm

DHL wrote:because he is inefficient in the post

Thats only part of it. The other part is collapsing their d, and kicking it out to shooters. Thats partly how he got to the finals in orlando.
King of Clutch

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:22 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:I wonder how much is the lack energy due to the back surgery and how much from the lack of will ...

lack of will. we've seen him play just fine with the back at various points in the season.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Weezy wrote:Yawn. I expect more effort from the 3 time DPOY and a guy that is always tops in the league in rebounding.

This.

Also, I hate this troll but I have to agree on this one:
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Favorite moment today: Dwight Howard getting on Steve Nash for a PASS. Nash is one of 5 GREATEST PASSERS IN NBA HISTORY. That's so Dwight.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Juronimo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm not like Dwight's body language out there right now. It looks like he doesn't care and he's just going through the motions. This is so unfortunate and not what I expected when we traded for him. I hope it's the back/shoulder causing this and not lack of effort or something else.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby borri on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 pm

khmrP wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Evan Turner is supposedly being made available.. Let's get him packaged with the real best C in the league.

umm, do you know how to get pictures of their GM in a compromising position? :man10:

Hold up now. PHI would absolutely do that. It's not like PHI is gonna have a lot of faith in the health of Drew's knees.

In essence Iggy + Turner for D12. They woulda done that in a heartbeat this summer.

I'd do it because I am sick and tired of D12's attitude. He is unwilling to be a defensive anchor if he doesn't get his touches.

Drew was the same....but at least Drew had a better post up game, and can make his FT's so we don't have to go away from him like we do with D12 late in the 4th.
borri

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:32 pm

dwight deserved more touches today. his shots were falling and had his left hand going. he was making his ft's too. i dont understand how DWIGHT HOWARD can not get the ball the entire 4th quarter until that dunk when the game was over with like 1 min left. its so sad. like really? kobe iso everytime leading to a turnover every time....ya that'll work. id be pissed if i were dwight bc he has a huge advantage over anthony and bridman and showed it early but kobe and nash refused to get him going. dantoni is at fault too as he has no idea what a big man is and how to run something for him.

what coach would allow kobe iso on the same spot with the same dangerous lob pass every trip down after that many turnovers from it. its beyond stupid. and it isnt about people watching or not cutting bc thats not the reason dwight didnt get touches.

i will say he needs to set stronger screens and roll hard but i have a strong feeling its dantoni who is saying to slip them

:bang:
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Ariza3 wrote:dwight deserved more touches today. his shots were falling and had his left hand going. he was making his ft's too. i dont understand how DWIGHT HOWARD can not get the ball the entire 4th quarter until that dunk when the game was over with like 1 min left. its so sad. like really? kobe iso everytime leading to a turnover every time....ya that'll work. id be pissed if i were dwight bc he has a huge advantage over anthony and bridman and showed it early but kobe and nash refused to get him going. dantoni is at fault too as he has no idea what a big man is and how to run something for him.

what coach would allow kobe iso on the same spot with the same dangerous lob pass every trip down after that many turnovers from it. its beyond stupid. and it isnt about people watching or not cutting bc thats not the reason dwight didnt get touches.

i will say he needs to set stronger screens and roll hard but i have a strong feeling its dantoni who is saying to slip them

:bang:

What 4th quarter were you watching? Dwight got the ball like 4 possessions in a row, he scored once, I forget the other trip, and then turned the ball over twice in a row, so they stopped going to him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Can someone explain to me why when Kobe goes now to his backdown ISO on one side of the key, to be potentially another "playmaking" look in the offense, with Nash play creating as the other, from which Kobe was passing and assisting like a mutha when he started that facilitator change.... and Dwight is on the other side why can't HE at least try a quick dive to the basket as HE is a big effing target that Kobe could hit. You know....move Dwight, it doesn't have to be post up or nothing. Not your strong suit anyway. Fake the defender one way and cut.

Same with the rest of the team again now on some plays. Kobe in that same effective spot to back down and either pass or put on a move, and 3 guys STANDING on the effing peremiter again. MOVE. Dwight just camps on the opposite side of the key. :bang: :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 pm

He yelled at Nash because he couldn't get the ball to him and then he yelled at Clark for not securing a rebound. WTF is wrong with this guy??

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Can someone explain to me why when Kobe goes now to his backdown ISO on one side of the key, to be potentially another "playmaking" look in the offense, with Nash play creating as the other, from which Kobe was passing and assisting like a mutha when he started that facilitator change.... and Dwight is on the other side why can't HE at least try a quick dive to the basket as HE is a big effing target that Kobe could hit. You know....move Dwight, it doesn't have to be post up or nothing. Not your strong suit anyway. Fake the defender one way and cut.

Same with the rest of the team again now on some plays. Kobe in that same effective spot to back down and either pass or put on a move, and 3 guys STANDING on the effing peremiter again. MOVE. Dwight just camps on the opposite side of the key. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I can't explain to you why, because it makes no sense. When Kobe has the ball on one side, Dwight hides behind his man on the opposite side. There is zero attempt made to move real quick and seal his man under the hoop, zero attempt made to run over and set a screen, to cut, do do anything, Howard just gets out of the play completely.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes, he does this all the time. And then cries he doesn't get enough touches. He's rarely ever open!!!
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Weezy wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Can someone explain to me why when Kobe goes now to his backdown ISO on one side of the key, to be potentially another "playmaking" look in the offense, with Nash play creating as the other, from which Kobe was passing and assisting like a mutha when he started that facilitator change.... and Dwight is on the other side why can't HE at least try a quick dive to the basket as HE is a big effing target that Kobe could hit. You know....move Dwight, it doesn't have to be post up or nothing. Not your strong suit anyway. Fake the defender one way and cut.

I can't explain to you why, because it makes no sense. When Kobe has the ball on one side, Dwight hides behind his man on the opposite side. There is zero attempt made to move real quick and seal his man under the hoop, zero attempt made to run over and set a screen, to cut, do do anything, Howard just gets out of the play completely.

I am telling you guys, D12 mailed it in after the first loss to MIA at home. Next game he gets tossed @ TOR while doing nothing. He's been listless ever since. The defensive effort he showed prior to that MIA game, is hardly ever there anymore.

D12 is just going through the motions right now.

I think, D12 is thinking....we aren't winning anything this year. I am injured. I don't wanna get more injured for nothing and jeopardize my big payday. I'll make my appearances with a keen eye towards not overexerting myself....because 1: I don't get the touches I want. 2: We aren't gonna win anything and 3: I am injured.
borri

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Howard has no passion, he sucks, which would be fine if he didnt have an ego. Hed be great if he didnt have an ego, because he would play d and score when called upon. But he feels hes neglected, so he pouts and sucks
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm

he doesnt fight for position bc he feels there's no oint bc they wont give him the ball. thus rebounding is down defense everything.

that one part where diwght was yelling at nash i can see both sides. nash was doing his probing and normally he would come all the way around and lay it up or lob for the big but he got trapped baseline and didnt have a really good angle. but on the other end dwight was WIDE open for a lob and if you through it up anywhere he can get it with the miami's bigs being pretty small compared to him. in the mike'd up section where dwight was talking to metta he was telling him to just throw it up near the rim if he doesnt have an open shot bc he'll get it. theres gotta be some trust in the players for dwight to be able to get those which he can and has been his whole career. he looked to have better lift today on his catches and dunks and no body exploited that and instead turned it over or shot a bad shot with a long rebound and the heat get all those. i feel bad for dwight bc he lookd good today and didnt nearly get the opportunities he needed. and thus his d will suffer just like everyone on this team.
Ariza3

Postby BDG on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm

He's averaging 16ppg this year ... LOL.

Since 1/17 he's scored over 20 points ONCE.

It's true, he's just going through the motions.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard