D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm

^^Bynum has incredible length.... Howard has to jump a foot to get his hand to where Andrew's is flat footed.... That's a huge head start on altering shots.

Bynum had some very effective stretches altering and blocking shots..... followed by stretches of not much success.

Howard's knees, Bynum's body and post game and Duncan's smarts and we'd be set.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22581
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 pm

^^^ And Lebron's hairline just in case that player accidentally acquired Bynum's views on hairstyles.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19437
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ And Lebron's hairline just in case that player accidentally acquired Bynum's views on hairstyles.



If/when Bynum suits up this season I'd like to see him rock the 77 Dr. J look....... The Parachute-fro....

Tease that thing out to the max. He'd look 9 feet tall....... :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22581
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 pm

That would be the only acceptable hairstyle. Judging by his most recent hairdo's, I think that might be a little too generic for his tastes.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19437
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby charvin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Since this is a dream scenario, let's add Westbrook speed :man1:

Rooscooter wrote:^^Bynum has incredible length.... Howard has to jump a foot to get his hand to where Andrew's is flat footed.... That's a huge head start on altering shots.

Bynum had some very effective stretches altering and blocking shots..... followed by stretches of not much success.

Howard's knees, Bynum's body and post game and Duncan's smarts and we'd be set.....
charvin

 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 am

I think wherever Dwight winds up next year, that team will be getting a beast of a player.

As far as personal growth, he needed a teammate with real clout and a legacy he cant measure up to like Kobe to push and challenge him. He needed to play with guys like Kobe and Nash (and to some extent Pau) instead of having a team with all spot up shooters to see that his offensive abilities are probably far less advanced than he thought. He'll probably put in alot more work on his game while also realizing that controlling games on defense is his true bread and butter.

Now he's been injured and had to deal with subsequent nagging injuries as well, and so he now knows he isnt really a man of steel, and he'll prepare even better physically. And maybe most importantly he needed to play for a city and a franchise where his huge star power is almost rendered irrelevant when compared to the team itself, a team who's biggest fear is missing out on winning more titles, not potentially losing him in free agency.

Even if he leaves LA, and even if it doesn't click for him immediately, sooner or later he'll look back and appreciate how much he learned this season, and he'll be a much better player for it.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

- 24
User avatar
Tobias Funke

 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:58 am

charvin wrote:Since this is a dream scenario, let's add Westbrook speed :man1:

Rooscooter wrote:^^Bynum has incredible length.... Howard has to jump a foot to get his hand to where Andrew's is flat footed.... That's a huge head start on altering shots.

Bynum had some very effective stretches altering and blocking shots..... followed by stretches of not much success.

Howard's knees, Bynum's body and post game and Duncan's smarts and we'd be set.....

I think we're just talking about big men. I'd like to throw in Pau's passing and Dirk's shot. Actually, can we just have them all on the same team?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 am

Why don't we make him a 7-foot Kobe Bryant with Lebron's size, Jordans hands, Magics Vision, Reggie/Bird/Allen's/Dirks 3-point touch.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30501
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 am

just give me 3yrs younger Kobe/Nash/Pau :man1:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10422
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

Tobias Funke wrote:I think wherever Dwight winds up next year, that team will be getting a beast of a player.

As far as personal growth, he needed a teammate with real clout and a legacy he cant measure up to like Kobe to push and challenge him. He needed to play with guys like Kobe and Nash (and to some extent Pau) instead of having a team with all spot up shooters to see that his offensive abilities are probably far less advanced than he thought. He'll probably put in alot more work on his game while also realizing that controlling games on defense is his true bread and butter.

Now he's been injured and had to deal with subsequent nagging injuries as well, and so he now knows he isnt really a man of steel, and he'll prepare even better physically. And maybe most importantly he needed to play for a city and a franchise where his huge star power is almost rendered irrelevant when compared to the team itself, a team who's biggest fear is missing out on winning more titles, not potentially losing him in free agency.

Even if he leaves LA, and even if it doesn't click for him immediately, sooner or later he'll look back and appreciate how much he learned this season, and he'll be a much better player for it.


Completely agree
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 am

Tobias Funke wrote:I think wherever Dwight winds up next year, that team will be getting a beast of a player.

As far as personal growth, he needed a teammate with real clout and a legacy he cant measure up to like Kobe to push and challenge him. He needed to play with guys like Kobe and Nash (and to some extent Pau) instead of having a team with all spot up shooters to see that his offensive abilities are probably far less advanced than he thought. He'll probably put in alot more work on his game while also realizing that controlling games on defense is his true bread and butter.

Now he's been injured and had to deal with subsequent nagging injuries as well, and so he now knows he isnt really a man of steel, and he'll prepare even better physically. And maybe most importantly he needed to play for a city and a franchise where his huge star power is almost rendered irrelevant when compared to the team itself, a team who's biggest fear is missing out on winning more titles, not potentially losing him in free agency.

Even if he leaves LA, and even if it doesn't click for him immediately, sooner or later he'll look back and appreciate how much he learned this season, and he'll be a much better player for it.

Well said.

I don't think Dwight is going anywhere and I think next season we'll see a much different Dwight Howard.

I actually think we'll see a much different team too.

I'm pretty excited to see how our team looks next season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40000
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:55 am

therealdeal wrote:
Tobias Funke wrote:I think wherever Dwight winds up next year, that team will be getting a beast of a player.

As far as personal growth, he needed a teammate with real clout and a legacy he cant measure up to like Kobe to push and challenge him. He needed to play with guys like Kobe and Nash (and to some extent Pau) instead of having a team with all spot up shooters to see that his offensive abilities are probably far less advanced than he thought. He'll probably put in alot more work on his game while also realizing that controlling games on defense is his true bread and butter.

Now he's been injured and had to deal with subsequent nagging injuries as well, and so he now knows he isnt really a man of steel, and he'll prepare even better physically. And maybe most importantly he needed to play for a city and a franchise where his huge star power is almost rendered irrelevant when compared to the team itself, a team who's biggest fear is missing out on winning more titles, not potentially losing him in free agency.

Even if he leaves LA, and even if it doesn't click for him immediately, sooner or later he'll look back and appreciate how much he learned this season, and he'll be a much better player for it.

Well said.

I don't think Dwight is going anywhere and I think next season we'll see a much different Dwight Howard.

I actually think we'll see a much different team too.

I'm pretty excited to see how our team looks next season.


Dwight will be as healthy as he will be next year. That has been part of the problem. The fundamental issues we all see aren't going away with a summer off however. He is what he is..... which is a great big man and in the right situation a big piece of a championship team. Is the "leader" of that team?.... I don't think so.

As is the case with all post players they can be neutralized in todays game. I don't see any current, or for that matter, future Center being a true dominant leader on a great team. The game has moved away from that and it will take a truly dominant big man to change it back. Howard isn't that guy..... he's very good but not to the level where he can be that dominant within a flowing offense.

Next year we will have one or maybe two new players that will have an impact but I don't see the entire make-up of this team changing for two years or so. This is assuming that Pau is traded. If he's still here we will get a couple cast-offs and try it again I'm afraid. Otherwise we have no way to change this team.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22581
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am

If we're going forward with Dwight long-term (which I think we are), he can't be the main option. That much is obvious. Even when healthy, he still poses a risk because of his horrible FT shooting. Just as Kobe and Shaq were setup in their primes where Kobe would close-out games is the same way we're going to have too setup this Lakers Roster. We're going to need another piece that can we can rely upon.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 am

Dwight may never jump the same again. That is definitely still up in the air. Though I think regardless his lift will improve how much is the unknown.

But the certainty for me is that he'll he back to his right playing weight. He'll get his muscle back and in turn his strength. So while the lift may be up in the air I do think strength and power will come back next season.

And hopefully most of his lift.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 am

Rooscooter wrote:^^Bynum has incredible length.... Howard has to jump a foot to get his hand to where Andrew's is flat footed.... That's a huge head start on altering shots.

Bynum had some very effective stretches altering and blocking shots..... followed by stretches of not much success.

Howard's knees, Bynum's body and post game and Duncan's smarts and we'd be set.....


There are other players with post games that embarass Bynum. Duncan for example, Kobe, Aldridge, pau

So no I wouldn't want Dwight to have bynum's post game. If anything I wish he had pau's
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

Rooscooter wrote:Dwight will be as healthy as he will be next year. That has been part of the problem. The fundamental issues we all see aren't going away with a summer off however. He is what he is..... which is a great big man and in the right situation a big piece of a championship team. Is the "leader" of that team?.... I don't think so.

As is the case with all post players they can be neutralized in todays game. I don't see any current, or for that matter, future Center being a true dominant leader on a great team. The game has moved away from that and it will take a truly dominant big man to change it back. Howard isn't that guy..... he's very good but not to the level where he can be that dominant within a flowing offense.

Next year we will have one or maybe two new players that will have an impact but I don't see the entire make-up of this team changing for two years or so. This is assuming that Pau is traded. If he's still here we will get a couple cast-offs and try it again I'm afraid. Otherwise we have no way to change this team.

The great offensive Centers would have been fine. Guys who were mobile and strong. Kareem, Hakeem, Shaquille all would have been fine. Wilt obviously.

But no, Dwight will never be a number one option offensive in this version of the NBA. He needs a guard who can create around the outside (we have a couple) and some shooters (we have maybe 3).

I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a Championship level piece though. He's still the best Center in the league right now when he's healed up nicely (even now he's in the conversation). He's a fantastic defender and one of the league's best rebounders even now. Put him next to Nash, Kobe, and a decent 3 and I think we're talking a good team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40000
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 am

Even if Dwight isn't your prime Alpha No.1 Franchise guy are there many No.2 guys better than him? If thats the worst case scenario I'll gladly take it. One of Dwight's best attributes is availability. Hes missed only like 6 games considering the myriad of injuries hes had and a shoulder injury thats due for surgery.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19981
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 am

Last edited by hollywood swinger on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19981
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Damn straight. Adidas knows what's up and where the money is at.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40000
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Lol Adidas. Money talks. Always has always will
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Josh Smith joined Jim Rome on Tuesday and the topic of friend Dwight Howard came up. The two have been friends since pre-school and Smith’s kept tabs on his friend since he went to Los Angeles.

“He doesn’t look as comfortable as he did in the past, but it’s a different situation for him,” Smith said. “It’s a way bigger market than he’s usually use to, I mean when you’re playing with a winning organization and winning team as far as history is concerned, there’s no holds barred.

Howard was in the spotlight in Orlando, but as Smith points out, it was a smaller spotlight and the glare wasn’t too intense. In Los Angeles, things are a little different. It’s not just about what happens on the court that makes news. When you’re playing in a big market, everything makes news.

“They worry about your personal life; they worry about everything,” Smith said of playing in Los Angeles. “I’m pretty sure he’s not used to that. He just has to get comfortable and get acclimated to what LA’s all about. But I think as he learns the curve, and understands the competitor that Kobe Bryant is, I think that he should be okay.”

Asked if he expects Howard to re-sign with the Lakers, Smith said that’s what he’s expecting.

“It’s a possibility, it’s a strong possibility. If he doesn’t, where would he go? I mean this is what he asked for. He wanted to be in a big market,” said Smith. “I have no idea, but I wouldn’t see him not re-signing though.”


http://jimrome.com/2013/02/26/josh-smit ... ds-future/
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Hope Dwight can convince Smoove Sunday to come to us :man9:

another 3way or 4 way deal??
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19981
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Yeah, he's definitely leaving. :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 pm

The Rock wrote:Even if Dwight isn't your prime Alpha No.1 Franchise guy are there many No.2 guys better than him? If thats the worst case scenario I'll gladly take it. One of Dwight's best attributes is availability. Hes missed only like 6 games considering the myriad of injuries hes had and a shoulder injury thats due for surgery.

Are you referring to big men? Probably not given that we established this isn't the era of big men in the NBA and that Dwight is legitimately a top center in this league.

Just because he's a top player at his position does not mean he's the ideal piece for this team. If you're not referring to big men my list of No.2 guys that are better for this team is long.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], nluna75, Rooscooter, TIME and 24 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.