D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:Ok we get it - dude with the Howard avatar supports Howard.

That being said, the case he's making against Bynum is flimsy and belongs elsewhere.

Dwight has been a colossal disappointment so far, and has a LOT to prove.


should I change it for you now since I dont like Howards attitude either? As oppose to you with your short-term memory bout Bynum antics here right?
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:06 pm

In some respects we would have been better off keeping mike brown and scrapping the Princeton. At least we'd be running less, have an actual defensive system in place, since Kobe is going to play 50 minutes in 48 min games regardless
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Realy guys, this "ish" again?
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Enough.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Red would have been better. Just saying. Blue is too calming. I question your seriousness or if your calmly asserting your will
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
1) Wrong. We are ranked #15 in 3pt shooting this season. We were ranked #25 last season. That's a considerable improvement.

2) I don't see a lack of effort from Howard this season or Bynum last season. It's their teammates who aren't making the effort to help them when they leave to help with the exception of Earl Clark this season.


We also have risen 4 spots in pace up 4 points from 93 to 97. Something not condusive to Kobe or Dwight's strengths


Kobe is currently the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA. So I can't see how it's hurting him.

D12 is a stallion who isn't comfortable posting up in a crowded lane. Playing in a run 'n gun environment should benefit him offensively.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm

last stand wrote:Red would have been better. Just saying. Blue is too calming. I question your seriousness or if your calmly asserting your will

Why can't I be calmly asserting my will?

And red is used by another moderator. I chose blue.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Use pink. Then you can be fabulously asserting your will
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:15 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:
1) Wrong. We are ranked #15 in 3pt shooting this season. We were ranked #25 last season. That's a considerable improvement.

2) I don't see a lack of effort from Howard this season or Bynum last season. It's their teammates who aren't making the effort to help them when they leave to help with the exception of Earl Clark this season.


1. 3rd in attempts...compared to last season a jump from nearly 17 to 25 att. this season, take more make more, different offense, does not take away from the fact we still have inconsistent shooters.
2. I agree, this team doesn't help either Bigs once they help off their man.


Taking more attempts does not equate to making more shots.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

I don't appreciate your tone.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Legendary on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't appreciate your tone.

:man10:
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
1) Wrong. We are ranked #15 in 3pt shooting this season. We were ranked #25 last season. That's a considerable improvement.

2) I don't see a lack of effort from Howard this season or Bynum last season. It's their teammates who aren't making the effort to help them when they leave to help with the exception of Earl Clark this season.


We also have risen 4 spots in pace up 4 points from 93 to 97. Something not condusive to Kobe or Dwight's strengths


Kobe is currently the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA. So I can't see how it's hurting him.

D12 is a stallion who isn't comfortable posting up in a crowded lane. Playing in a run 'n gun environment should benefit him offensively.


Kobe's efficiency has been progressively getting worse. By late season he'll be rarely pushing 45%

D12 isn't amare at the end of the day. Defenders will always sink on the pick an roll preventing the interior pass because Dwight can't shoot jumpers.

Therefore Nash being Nash will look to Kobe or artest. This has been happening quite frequently. At the end of the day Dwight is a slower pace player. That's where he's at his most comfortable. It allows him to conserve energy for defense and rebounding

Also Dwight early in the season was scoring well out of the Princeton and that was in a worse health state. Should have just stuck with the 4 out 1 in we ran last season
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't appreciate your tone.


That's more like it.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't appreciate your tone.




LMAO!!!! maybe that's what Dwight mumbled to Kobe at the meeting
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6337
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
1) Wrong. We are ranked #15 in 3pt shooting this season. We were ranked #25 last season. That's a considerable improvement.

2) I don't see a lack of effort from Howard this season or Bynum last season. It's their teammates who aren't making the effort to help them when they leave to help with the exception of Earl Clark this season.


We also have risen 4 spots in pace up 4 points from 93 to 97. Something not condusive to Kobe or Dwight's strengths


Kobe is currently the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA. So I can't see how it's hurting him.

D12 is a stallion who isn't comfortable posting up in a crowded lane. Playing in a run 'n gun environment should benefit him offensively.


Kobe's efficiency has been progressively getting worse. By late season he'll be rarely pushing 45%

D12 isn't amare at the end of the day. Defenders will always sink on the pick an roll preventing the interior pass because Dwight can't shoot jumpers.

Therefore Nash being Nash will look to Kobe or artest. This has been happening quite frequently. At the end of the day Dwight is a slower pace player. That's where he's at his most comfortable. It allows him to conserve energy for defense and rebounding

Also Dwight early in the season was scoring well out of the Princeton and that was in a worse health state. Should have just stuck with the 4 out 1 in we ran last season


1) Even if your psychic prediction comes true, Kobe's career average is 45G%, so your argument that this offense is hurting him still won't stick.

2) That shouldn't hurt him if he's running the floor.

3) I don't see how this problem with D12 not being able to role to the lane on a P&R is going to change by playing at a slower pace. If anything, the best way to exploit the defense on a P&R and avoid the scenerio you pointed out is to attack when the defense is scrambled. Running the floor will do that.

4) He was scoring well, and we were turning the ball over like crazy.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Center Court on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Legendary wrote:And...why are we talking about Bynum?


1) because we traded him for Dwight
2) because we thought Dwight was our future franchise player
3) because now we are hearing rumors of maybe looking to trade Dwight
4) because we all thought Bynum was so immature and it turns out Dwight is far more so
5) because it's hard not to wonder if that was a great move like we all initially thought it was

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't in some fashion come back to Bynum.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Center Court wrote:
Legendary wrote:And...why are we talking about Bynum?


1) because we traded him for Dwight
2) because we thought Dwight was our future franchise player
3) because now we are hearing rumors of maybe looking to trade Dwight
4) because we all thought Bynum was so immature and it turns out Dwight is far more so
5) because it's hard not to wonder if that was a great move like we all initially thought it was

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't in some fashion come back to Bynum.


I have to disagree on #4. Howard certainly isnt very mature, but Bynum is and was an absolute mess.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Legendary on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Center Court wrote:
Legendary wrote:And...why are we talking about Bynum?


1) because we traded him for Dwight
2) because we thought Dwight was our future franchise player
3) because now we are hearing rumors of maybe looking to trade Dwight
4) because we all thought Bynum was so immature and it turns out Dwight is far more so
5) because it's hard not to wonder if that was a great move like we all initially thought it was

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't in some fashion come back to Bynum.


There's a Bynum thread in NBA Discussion. You may want to check it out...

Edit:

And with respect to #5 on your "list" How is Bynum doing this year?
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Legendary on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Look...we can all play the "what if" game...

It's pointless, and frankly...boring.

This thread is supposed to be about Dwight and his BS we have to deal with...THIS YEAR.

Bynum is recovering from another injury...no longer on this team...so why even bring him up?
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Center Court wrote:
Legendary wrote:And...why are we talking about Bynum?


1) because we traded him for Dwight
2) because we thought Dwight was our future franchise player
3) because now we are hearing rumors of maybe looking to trade Dwight
4) because we all thought Bynum was so immature and it turns out Dwight is far more so
5) because it's hard not to wonder if that was a great move like we all initially thought it was

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't in some fashion come back to Bynum.


Re: #5 Bynum would be sitting on the bench right now... with max contract in his pocket. It was a GREAT move. Now let's get back on topic :man9:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Kit wrote:
Center Court wrote:Honestly, Bynum was far by more the more mature player.



Because Bynum was never the man before.


:freak2: So being "the man" makes someone more immature?

Flawed logic FTW!
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm

khmrP wrote:
SpencerHarrison wrote:
Center Court wrote:Honestly, Bynum was far by more the more mature player.


Agreed. Shame about those knees. And I'm not being sarcastic. It really is a shame, because his game was becoming deep.


mature as in somewhat passive/agressively agreeing with a reporter and hinting that playing with Kobe might have slowed his growth?


You mean the comment that Kobe agreed with? The comment that wasn't a jab at anyone, but rather, just the truth?
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby kobe_mamba on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Wow. Awesome comments from D12. Really pleased to hear him say this stuff today...

I just really hope its not all just damage control and that he does mean it and that he backs it all up on the court and off the court. This really could help turn things around if he's serious....I was so frustrated with D12 and his immaturity and sulking I was ready for the Lakers to shipp his A$$ out (as they say) and roll with Pau at C, seriously I was. So I hope this is a real turnaround?

:jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
User avatar
kobe_mamba

 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't appreciate your tone.


:bow:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Legendary wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't appreciate your tone.

:man10:


:man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.