D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17 am

last stand wrote:
From what I see it's just panic. Very little actual stepping back and assessing he situation. Very little though as well. Tossing out trade ideas to pretty much every team? That's rational, that's productive

Saying that a 3 time DPOY, someone who has taken a team to the finals is incapable of being a part of winning basketball? Is logical?

Saying that Howard is definitely walking, that his body language tells them so when not one person in here is actually an expert at reading body language is rational?

These are all ridiculous hyperbole being tossed around in panic because a good portion of people aren't capable of handling themselves in a situation like this. No Everyone obviously but a good portion.

I think you just need to re-read the thread. You're acting really shocked that people are coming back at you about this. There is a ton of reasoned discussion about our current situation, how we got here, and what our options and most likely outcomes are moving forward.

Telling people they need to stop talking about this subject while you ignore their reasoned arguments and display of facts is comes off as hypocritical and pompous.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17 am

khmrP wrote:Horford DOESN"T make MAX and he would be playing his natural position @ PF when/if Pau returns and teagues>>>>>>>>Brooks. No one includes picks but BK has no picks to give anyways now, so again Lopez/Brooks and 3 1st rd picks couldn't get it done and yet you're willing to consider it now without picks?

humphries was included in that deal back then as well. And why are you using that as a standard as a "bad deal"? Lol everyone knows now that orlando were idiots in the what they got in return. They're hardly the standard for good deal making. The whole hroford doesn't make max would make sense if you had someone else you included as a reason why to reduce talent for less money, and another star. But from what I see, your not. And no question teague is currently better than brooks. But Lopez is an all star. We're DEFINITELY "going to be a lottery team" for years to come if we go with horford and that deal. Lol, if lopez can't do it, horford sure can't carry us to the playoffs. But if we get a young superstar pg, they can be a good duo. Also, you like the horford and gasol lineup, but don't see the potential of Brook and gasol? Lol I don't get that logic.
Last edited by King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am

Ice-Fire wrote:
revgen wrote:Hmm..interesting. D'Antoni told reporters that D12 has been cleared to play for awhile now. So who is telling the truth here?

It sure sounds like someone is lying..... if Howard doesn't get traded or MDA gets fired soon I will be shocked this mess needs to be cleaned up.

No one is lying, Dwight never said he wasn't cleared.

Everyone knows he was cleared, thats WHY Kobe and Nash came out with those comments. Whats infuriating is Dwight's comment "He's not a Doctor, I'm not a doctor... blah blah blah"

Ok dude, if you dont like Kobe calling you out, then listen to what the DOCTORS are telling you.
phoenixrisingla

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:21 am

King of Clutch wrote:
khmrP wrote:Horford DOESN"T make MAX and he would be playing his natural position @ PF when/if Pau returns and teagues>>>>>>>>Brooks. No one includes picks but BK has no picks to give anyways now, so again Lopez/Brooks and 3 1st rd picks couldn't get it done and yet you're willing to consider it now without picks?

humphries was included in that deal back then as well. And why are you using that as a standard as a "bad deal"? Lol everyone knows now that orlando were idiots in the what they got in return. They're hardly the standard for good deal making. And no question teague is currently better than brooks. But Lopez is an all star. We're DEFINITELY "going to be a lottery team" for years to come if we go with horford and that deal. Lol, if lopez can't do it, horford sure can't carry us to the playoffs. But if we get a young superstar pg, they can be a good duo.

teagues is good enough and I rather be lottery bound with respectable contracts like Horford then be straddled with Maxed out Lopez. We've seen what Lopez can do as the main player and it wasn't pretty. Horford is the sole of a team thats still competing well even without their high priced JJ and a disgruntled Smith. Horford/Pau would still work even if we kept Pau after his current contract is up. Dealing with BK is even worse now for the fact that there will no longer be picks involved because they traded it away for JJ and GSW owns one of their picks now.
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am

Man you the fans are who are running D12 out of town. The guy is trying to give us his all through his injuries. He is not 100% and he won't be this season. Effort isn't the issue, his back & his shoulder are.

If you don't want to see a Howard getting 9pts & 9reb then don't ask him to play when he can't...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 am

This is a similiar situation with CP3 right now and the Clippers. He has been cleared to play for a few games now but the difference with the Clippers is that they want CP3 to rest completely so he can be 100% when he plays and not re-aggrevate anything. Seems like the opposite situation in Laker Land.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:
revgen wrote:Hmm..interesting. D'Antoni told reporters that D12 has been cleared to play for awhile now. So who is telling the truth here?

It sure sounds like someone is lying..... if Howard doesn't get traded or MDA gets fired soon I will be shocked this mess needs to be cleaned up.

No one is lying, Dwight never said he wasn't cleared.

Everyone knows he was cleared, thats WHY Kobe and Nash came out with those comments. Whats infuriating is Dwight's comment "He's not a Doctor, I'm not a doctor... blah blah blah"

Ok dude, if you dont like Kobe calling you out, then listen to what the DOCTORS are telling you.

Dwight said that he hasn't been cleared for weeks. D'Antoni has said that Dwight has been cleared to play for over a week now. So obviously, somebody is misinformed or is blatantly lying.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

The Lakers have the next 3 weeks to decide rather to overhaul this roster with Howard shipped out. it's the only solution right now..... people are not gonna put up with this baloney and pay money to watch a destruction of a franchise go up in smokes........ someone better be shipped off soon... or I will not pay another dime for this team.
Ice-Fire

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:Well I do think Howard wants to stay in L.A. ... but only if the keys are handed to Howard to become the #1 option.... right now he is not and if he isn't then maybe he tells his friends that he won't re-sign here next year.....

I think Kobe has to go for Howard to stay here long-term.

As long as Kobe's here, Dwight ain't coming back. No way in hell. He doesn't need the aggravation. He can go to Brooklyn and play alongside Deron. Why stay here and deal with Kobe's dictatorship? For what? A guy of Howard's caliber doesn't need to be belittled.

It would be a perfect fit for him. Two "superstars" that haven't won anything, that go out and get their coaches fired. A match made in heaven. No pressure to compete for a championship, that suits them both pretty well.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:This is a similiar situation with CP3 right now and the Clippers. He has been cleared to play for a few games now but the difference with the Clippers is that they want CP3 to rest completely so he can be 100% when he plays and not re-aggrevate anything. Seems like the opposite situation in Laker Land.

That's where we are wrong, we are so desperate that we are trying to rush back our only big man left.

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am

Ice-Fire wrote:The Lakers have the next 3 weeks to decide rather to overhaul this roster with Howard shipped out. it's the only solution right now..... people are not gonna put up with this baloney and pay money to watch a destruction of a franchise go up in smokes........ someone better be shipped off soon... or I will not pay another dime for this team.

Go back a few pages & read where Mitch personally told Dwight he won't be traded, then come back & start looking for other solutions...

GoldenKnight

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am

Shaking my head at people thinking Howard is going to get traded by the deadline. I just do not see the Lakers going that route. They'll call his bluff all the way to the offseason and address it then. They don't think he'll walk, and like so many have said, if he does . . . well, the Lakers will be the Lakers and they'll continue with the 2014 plan. That'll be max money that they can pay another healthier and perhaps even better superstar at that time. To me they hold more chips in that regard. Yes, guys like Howard don't come along every day, but he's got a lot of baggage and his act this year has got to give them some pause. Can he handle the media scrutiny? Can he handle not being the number one guy alongside Kobe or the next star they go after in 2014? He doesn't seem like he can handle the job of being number one on court or off so far.

But we'll see how it all plays out. In the meantime, Howard needs to get a grip and just go to work. Put your head down, put your blinders on about the media, and go out and win. That's the best medicine. Suck it up and play as hard as you can to try and turn this thing around. That's your best bargaining tool for the offseason with the Lakers or with anyone else.

Meanwhile is anyone really surprised to hear D' Antoni's name in this mix, stirring the pot? I swear - this guy is so divisive. He did the same crap in New York.

Part of a coach's job, and a big part in the modern NBA, is to bring teams and their players together. This guy does just the opposite. This should not be a surprise to anyone either after last year with the Knicks.

I still can't believe we hired this guy of all people. Easily the worst coaching hire of the three other than Phil. Not even saying he's a worse coach than Brown, but the results have been so much more disastrous.
Lakerjones

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:

humphries was included in that deal back then as well. And why are you using that as a standard as a "bad deal"? Lol everyone knows now that orlando were idiots in the what they got in return. They're hardly the standard for good deal making. And no question teague is currently better than brooks. But Lopez is an all star. We're DEFINITELY "going to be a lottery team" for years to come if we go with horford and that deal. Lol, if lopez can't do it, horford sure can't carry us to the playoffs. But if we get a young superstar pg, they can be a good duo.

teagues is good enough and I rather be lottery bound with respectable contracts like Horford then be straddled with Maxed out Lopez. We've seen what Lopez can do as the main player and it wasn't pretty. Horford is the sole of a team thats still competing well even without their high priced JJ and the knuckle head Smith. Horford/Pau would still work even if we kept Pau after his current contract is up. Dealing with BK is even worse now for the fact that there will no longer be picks involved because they traded it away for JJ and GSW owns one of their picks now.

The only difference is he's not the main player. Him paired with gasol, and kobe, and brooks, and nash, is hardly the main player. He'll be part of a team as well. He will surely lure pgs to come play with him. Something horford most definitely CANNOT do. Thats one of the reasons why Dwill was cool with going to NJ in the first place. And the lakers don't value picks. This has been proven time and time again.
King of Clutch

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

revgen wrote:
Dwight said that he hasn't been cleared for weeks. D'Antoni has said that Dwight has been cleared to play for over a week now. So obviously, somebody is misinformed or is blatantly lying.

Thanks for the correction Rev. I looked over the last few pages and couldn't find anything, is the a link to where he said this?
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Go back a few pages & read where Mitch personally told Dwight he won't be traded, then come back & start looking for other solutions...

I am not gonna believe anything that comes out of the Lakers brass` mouth. they are known for putting up smoke..... and they most likely would trade Howard if the Lakers got value back... so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Howard becomes such a destruction in the next few weeks that the Lakers would have no choice but to trade him.
Ice-Fire

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 am

King of Clutch wrote:
khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:

teagues is good enough and I rather be lottery bound with respectable contracts like Horford then be straddled with Maxed out Lopez. We've seen what Lopez can do as the main player and it wasn't pretty. Horford is the sole of a team thats still competing well even without their high priced JJ and the knuckle head Smith. Horford/Pau would still work even if we kept Pau after his current contract is up. Dealing with BK is even worse now for the fact that there will no longer be picks involved because they traded it away for JJ and GSW owns one of their picks now.

The only difference is he's not the main player. Him paired with gasol, and kobe, and brooks, and nash, is hardly the main player. He'll be part of a team as well. He will surely lure pgs to come play with him. Something horford most definitely CANNOT do. Thats one of the reasons why Dwill was cool with going to NJ in the first place. And the lakers don't value picks. This has been proven time and time again.

Dwill had no choice to go to BK, he returned cause he settled for the MOST money not cause of Lopez. We've already seen problems with Pau playing PF, I can only imagine how much worse defensively we would we with 2 plodding bigs like Lopez/Pau, just cause Lopez avg. 2.2blk/gm doens't make him a good defender, we saw it time and time again him getting burned on PnR during our matchup against them, the very SAME play we get light up by with Pau in the middle.
khmrP

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
revgen wrote:

Thanks for the correction Rev. I looked over the last few pages and couldn't find anything, is the a link to where he said this?

http://www.clublakers.com/post3810797.html#p3810797
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am

revgen wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
revgen wrote:

http://www.clublakers.com/post3810797.html#p3810797

Gracias. :bow:

You guys are right, someone's lying. I have my ideas about who. :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am

khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:

Dwill had no choice to go to BK, he returned cause he settled for the MOST money not cause of Lopez. We've already seen problems with Pau playing PF, I can only imagine how much worse defensively we would we with 2 plodding bigs like Lopez/Pau, just cause Lopez avg. 2.2blk/gm doens't make him a good defender, we saw it time and time again him getting burned on PnR during our matchup against them, the very SAME play we get light up by with Pau in the middle.

Lol have you WATCHED horford? The mans feet are glued to the floor. He's even worse. At least lopez has a little quickness in him. And his pnr D wasn't bad, you're over exaggerating that. As for gasol. He would flourish alongside lopez. Lopez has a better stroke than gasol which could give him space, and is one of the few centers in the league who could actually be as skilled as he was in his prime. Him avg 2.2 blocks makes him an above average defender I can tell you that.
King of Clutch

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 am

King of Clutch wrote:Lol have you WATCHED horford? The mans feet are glued to the floor. He's even worse. At least lopez has a little quickness in him. And his pnr D wasn't bad, you're over exaggerating that. As for gasol. He would flourish alongside lopez. Lopez has a better stroke than gasol which could give him space, and is one of the few centers in the league who could actually be as skilled as he was in his prime. Him avg 2.2 blocks makes him an above average defender I can tell you that.

glued to the floor? :man10: are you sure you're not mistaken it for Lopez jumpshot? :man10: For a guy who's glued to the floor and is only 6 10 compared to 7ft Lopez, its embarassing that Horford has avg. more rebs than Lopez this season and throughout their careers
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am

The only problem I have with Dwight is that he let's comments get to him too fast & gets on verbal firing back mode. He needs to suck it up sometimes & take the advice or the words from players like Kobe & Nash. I get that he's trying to prove that he too is a star but he has to understand that here there are players wiser than him. If he doesn't like their comments just let it go & don't let it affect your play...

Other than that I don't have a problem with Howard. I for one do not ignore his injuries & do not believe all tose stupid he is done & sucks comments. He simply isn't well physically at the moment, simple but hard to understand for some reason to many...

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 am

Ice-Fire wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Go back a few pages & read where Mitch personally told Dwight he won't be traded, then come back & start looking for other solutions...

I am not gonna believe anything that comes out of the Lakers brass` mouth. they are known for putting up smoke..... and they most likely would trade Howard if the Lakers got value back... so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Howard becomes such a destruction in the next few weeks that the Lakers would have no choice but to trade him.

The Lakers didn't tell the media, they told Howard in person wich is much different. They will not trade Howard or even entertain offers. If Howard wanted out he would have told Mitch & then a trade would make sense. Why would you cross your fingers for Howard to become a distraction? How about you cross them for our team to come together & win. What kind of fan are you trying to ruin our chemistry even more for your own personal pleasure?

GoldenKnight

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 am

GoldenKnight wrote:The only problem I have with Dwight is that he let's comments get to him too fast & gets on verbal firing back mode. He needs to suck it up sometimes & take the advice or the words from players like Kobe & Nash. I get that he's trying to prove that he too is a star but he has to understand that here there are players wiser than him. If he doesn't like their comments just let it go & don't let it affect your play...

Other than that I don't have a problem with Howard. I for one do not ignore his injuries & do not believe all tose stupid he is done & sucks comments. He simply isn't well physically at the moment, simple but hard to understand for some reason to many...

My biggest problem is his heart/desire. He wouldn't have to worry about being receptive to these criticisms if he was on the court when he was physically able to be.

I dont think most people are saying he's done, he could always come back. But at the end of the day we're in a situation where he hasnt delivered what was expected in every way (production, leadership, defense) and now we're looking at a guy who hasnt done much for us and has a very real opportunity to bounce next year and leave us holding the bag.

People are frustrated with this season so it's probably coming our harshly, but I agree he doesnt suck and he does still have the potential to be the best big man in the league. I'm just not sure he wants to do it in LA.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Ice-Fire on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

GoldenKnight wrote:The Lakers didn't tell the media, they told Howard in person wich is much different. They will not trade Howard or even entertain offers. If Howard wanted out he would have told Mitch & then a trade would make sense. Why would you cross your fingers for Howard to become a distraction? How about you cross them for our team to come together & win. What kind of fan are you trying to ruin our chemistry even more for your own personal pleasure?

I am a big of a fan as there is, but when things aren't fixable at least you can look at things both ways and realize that a trade is the only path the Lakers need to make. and I do not want the chemistry to be ruined but sad to say that the chemistry is already bad... so my comments are not gonna make it any better or worse.

I believe either MDA needs to get fired or Howard traded... and if both of them are here pass the dead-line then I will cancel my TWC network.
Ice-Fire

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 am

khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:Lol have you WATCHED horford? The mans feet are glued to the floor. He's even worse. At least lopez has a little quickness in him. And his pnr D wasn't bad, you're over exaggerating that. As for gasol. He would flourish alongside lopez. Lopez has a better stroke than gasol which could give him space, and is one of the few centers in the league who could actually be as skilled as he was in his prime. Him avg 2.2 blocks makes him an above average defender I can tell you that.

glued to the floor? :man10: are you sure you're not mistaken it for Lopez jumpshot? :man10: For a guy who's glued to the floor and is only 6 10 compared to 7ft Lopez, its embarassing that Horford has avg. more rebs than Lopez this season and throughout their careers

......................... :man10: why am I not surprised. You do know that BKN has a better defense than atlanta right? Lol of course not. You truly don't know much about basketball. Lopez D> Horfords D. Thats a fact. horford isn't even in the top 39 in blocks. Lol yet he's the tallest guy on his team, and there are only 32 teams in this league. Now THATS pathetic. :man10:
King of Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard