D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: (p.863: Nash Frustrated w/Dwight)

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:14 pm

dj vitus wrote:When Nash got trapped baseline, he should have lobbed it high over Chalmers. No way he could out-jump Dwight. No way anyone out-jumps Dwight. We need to take advantage of that.

Please provide the time in the video where that was possible.

Two defenders, the baseline, and the back of the basket were obstructing his passing lane. No to mention LeBron momentarily blocking the passing lane just before the trap. Come on guys.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:I would really consider sending Dwight for Anthony Davis/Ryan Anderson/future 1st round pick..... NO can have star core with Gordon/Howard/ and will have solid flexibility to add talent around Howard & Eric Gordon.... we need to trade Howard he's a cancer.

do even consider why the other team would do these trades? :freak2: , its a nice theory because it invovles Howard but I dont think you take into consideration of why he would resign with any of the team you have brought up thus far.
khmrP

Postby Ice-Fire on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Why wouldn't Howard want to re-sign with the teams I have mentioned in theory? he becomes the #1 option, he has no more pressure to win.... like he would if he was in LA/NY...etc. so I believe Howard wants to go to a place were winning is not an option... so the game can come easier for him..

this is the 4th-5th time that a player has called out Howard on the team, isn't it obvious that this guy can't be a leader or anything that results in a championship?
Ice-Fire

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:Why wouldn't Howard want to re-sign with the teams I have mentioned in theory? he becomes the #1 option, he has no more pressure to win.... like he would if he was in LA/NY...etc. so I believe Howard wants to go to a place were winning is not an option... so the game can come easier for him..

this is the 4th-5th time that a player has called out Howard on the team, isn't it obvious that this guy can't be a leader or anything that results in a championship?

if your theory was sound then practically every single team in the league would be a viable trading partner, but its NOT! and doens't work that way, he holds the upper hand just like he did in Orl.
khmrP

Postby borri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Even Clark got pissed off at D12 0:23 mark. Sigh.......
borri

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

^All Dwight has to do there is take a small slide-step to his left and it's a dunk. C'mon, Dwight! :disagree:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby borri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:^All Dwight has to do there is take a small slide-step to his left and it's a dunk. C'mon, Dwight! :disagree:

No kidding. So simple. :bang: :bang: :bang:

His BB IQ is pretty gosh darn low. Even basic things like holding the ball up high when posting up, he doesn't even do that. That's why he gets stripped so often.
borri

Postby Ice-Fire on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

khrmP wrote:if your theory was sound then practically every single team in the league would be a viable trading partner, but its NOT! and doens't work that way, he holds the upper hand just like he did in Orl.

If he holds he upper hand, then my theory makes sense... especially since the CBA allows team's to do a S&T this summer which would be very valuable for the Lakers financial wise.
Ice-Fire

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
khrmP wrote:if your theory was sound then practically every single team in the league would be a viable trading partner, but its NOT! and doens't work that way, he holds the upper hand just like he did in Orl.

If he holds he upper hand, then my theory makes sense... especially since the CBA allows team's to do a S&T this summer which would be very valuable for the Lakers financial wise.

Pretty sure you're wrong on S&T's. I think last offseason was the last time teams could do them. Can anyone confirm?
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:

what? so your theory is that these teams trade for Dwight and then S&T him again in the summer if he doesn't want to stay? :man3: that doesn't sound smart at all.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:

Pretty sure you're wrong on S&T's. I think last offseason was the last time teams could do them. Can anyone confirm?

you can do it, but you can't be $4mill over the cap but then someone else posted another link to this restriction and it says the team RECEIVING the S&T player can't be $4mill over the cap after the trade. Quite confusing, I just thought any team over $4mill off the cap couldn't do any S&T.
khmrP

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:57 pm

sharko wrote:Has Dwight had a 30-20 or 30-15 game all season? I don't think he's even had a 20-20 game. Anything close to that?

Yes he has had a 20-20 game and has even had a 30-15 game.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

IF the true rule is legit where only the receiving team need to be no more than $4mill over the cap and Howard isn't commited, I feel Atl is the only option. If Atl can lure Cp3 1st, Howard would be their next target, Teague's/Horford picks would be fine by me.
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

This website is saying the receiving team can't be $4 mils over the TAX level, not cap: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby borri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh man, just heard on Max and Marcellus 5 minutes ago....Rick Fox ripped D12 a new one for like 20 straight minutes.
borri

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 pm

geez. rick fox was spitting FIRE. as max put it, "scorched earth" interview
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:05 pm

borri wrote:Oh man, just heard on Max and Marcellus 5 minutes ago....Rick Fox ripped D12 a new one for like 20 straight minutes.

Anyone got a link to the replay?
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Link to interview:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8938049

FroM LG

Like Christyle said, its alot to remember. However, one thing that stood out to me was when they were discussing Dwight always complaining about touches and how the offense should go through him.

-Fox asked Max and Marcellus what was Dwight's highest PPG average when he was the number one option. They said 20-22ppg and Fox was like ( im paraphrasing here) "So why would you go into a big guy 20-30 times a game and you're only going to get 20-22 points as a NUMBER ONE OPTION?

-He went on to talk about Dwight in Orlando and when the Lakers played them in the finals. How their game plan was to shut out on the shooters and take them out of the game, and when Dwight had to score 40-45 points a game he couldnt.

- Said Dwight is the same player he was when he first came into the league. How he does not see any major improvements in his game today compared to his 2nd/3rd year in the league.

- He also mentioned that everything he's hearing from Dwight and seeing from Dwight screams he doesnt want to be here.

- He said that Dwight needs to sit down and really think about the history of this franchise. If he did that he would realize the rich legacy and embrass it. And by doing that he would fall in line and not butt heads with Kobe. One of the greatest to ever do it. He said would he butt heads with Jordan like this? Max said he just m ight and then Fox said then he needs to go.

- Said Dwight should find value in being a Bill Russell for this team

- Said from the things he's hearing from Dwight he has a loser's mentality.

- He also said Dwight needs to realize doing it his way has him exactly where he is today. No rings. He needs to realize he has people around him that have won mulitple times saying this is not the way you do things. This is not championship play or a championship mentality

It was so much, if i can recall anything else I'll post. Just know Foxy was on Fire and he was speaking nothing but utter TRUTH when it comes to Dwight.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby 432J on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 pm

dwight howard is a FRAUD

i don't understand how he was good in orlando and comes to LA and sucks. it has to be the injuries! he's breaking down and that's why he's played like complete crap this season. and who knows if he'll ever get back to 100%. the FO needs to sit down and consider the options, including trading him. because if he really is going to be bothered by these injuries for the rest of his career, now would be the only time they could get something in return for him
432J

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 pm

I always enjoy listening to Rick Fox interviews, he knows what he's talking about and he will tell it like it is. He always speaks highly of Kobe for example, but doesn't dance around that he wasn't always easy to play with and neither was the stuff going on with Kobe and Shaq. I didn't hear the interview, but based on the LG recap Fox didn't say anything most of us haven't been seeing ourselves, haven't been hearing in reports, or haven't been thinking. Dwight's not happy here, he's not trying very hard, his offensive game isn't great and hasn't progressed in years, and he's still wanting things his way even though he's got all time great to learn from in Kobe and Nash. I mean come on, Kobe changed his whole game for Dwight and this team a few weeks ago, and Nash keeps talking about how he wants to run the pick n roll with Dwight more, to maximize his talent and make things easy. And Dwight either doesn't care to do this, or is at least resistant, and that's unacceptable to me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby quartzcharm on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

I honestly question whether Dwight has what it takes to be a Laker long term. I don't think he does. He just consistently shows how weak minded he is.

I wouldn't offer him a max deal, especially with the little effort he's shown this year. He isn't deserving of a max deal. I won't be opposed to him re-signing with us, but at the same time I won't be disappointed if he leaves. I'd rather have someone that plays with heart and understands and respects what it means to be a Laker.
quartzcharm

Postby scissors on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Both Nash and Kobe are doing things that are outside of what they are used to doing because it's better for the team. Even Pau accepted the role of coming off the bench (somewhat he did) before getting injured. What is wrong with Howard? He looks like a little kid who didn't get the toy he wanted so he is throwing a fit. So disappointed with the mentality of this guy.
scissors

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Yup. Like a spoiled rotten child. Entitled.

LA has brought reality to him. He probably misses ORL so much. He was a God there.
Chillbongo

Postby John3:16 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Rick Fox is the epitome of a "team player". Took less money. Took a reduced role. In the end, he was there, making a difference on the court. MVP of Game 7 - 2002 WCF.

To me, his opinion carries weight. Laker brass should listen.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:13 pm

So bascially

Clark
Nash
Kobe
Shaq
Fox have had a problem with Howard or ripped Howard like a solar flair.

isn't it obvious that this guy is trying to kill the Lakers franchise before he leaves as a FA? why not end the mess right now and trade the guy before the locker-room blows up any further? :man8:
Ice-Fire

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard