D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: All in for L.A. (907)

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Ugh. I can't stand his "offensive game" and how he blames everyone else for his mistakes, it's NEVER his fault.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:On that play late in the game where he effed up.....

I can't believe he had the audacity to point the finger at someone else as soon as he turned around. You effed up Dwight, it's not MWP's job to chase Korver and cover your man.

Yep, he's had his reasons to complain, but if he's gonna try and pawn off all responsibility on a play like that then no one will take him serious when he has a legit gripe.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby last stand on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

almost was the goat but kobe bailed him out. showed good footwork tonight but the touch wasn't there.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:

I can't believe he had the audacity to point the finger at someone else as soon as he turned around. You effed up Dwight, it's not MWP's job to chase Korver and cover your man.

Yep, he's had his reasons to complain, but if he's gonna try and pawn off all responsibility on a play like that then no one will take him serious when he has a legit gripe.

^^ I agree with you both. That was annoying.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

He rebounded very well and was key as the defensive anchor throughout the night. This was one of the ugliest games offensively I've seen him have in awhile, everything was off.

We all know he's no Shaq or Hakeem on offense, but he's not this bad. His timing seemed off and his attempts aren't nearly as accurate. Orlando Dwight is so much quicker with his moves and attacks the rim much better, especially when he gets the ball that deep. I don't think Dwight trusts his moves right now, he doesn't have the confidence in them. Hopefully this off-season he can fully get back to the old Dwight.

BTW, that one entry post from Jamison was turrable. I know this debate was already heavily discussed in the recent pages, but they've got to do a better job of getting him the ball in the post when he gets deep position. Tonight they made the effort, but he was ridiculously sloppy so I don't think it would have mattered, just speaking in general terms right now.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby last stand on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 am

Ya Dwight in Orlando score much easier. With his full power and lift he was a poster waiting to happen within 4 feet in.

If he can get some of his lift back, which I think he can and all of his power which I think he will, I think we'll see much more strong finishes next season

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby abeer3 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 am

first, dwight started setting screens again. he's still not where he should be in that department (watch omer asik screen and roll--that guy has zero offensive talent, but he makes that play happen by wiping out the defender on the initial action every time), but he's improved over the course of the season.

now, he's also starting to run the floor a bit more. hopefully, teammates will start looking for that earlier because they missed him several times last night. but he can't get discouraged and stop running and diving to the rim in general. he's not getting the ball, but it's opening up lanes for nash, clark, jamison, and kobe to get to the basket and finish. hopefully, those guys are giving him credit for his role in their easy looks lately. he's the type that needs recognition to put out effort. not that all of us aren't, to some degree.
abeer3

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 am

enough for the punishement on d12. yeah he was very bad offensively but he played a very solid game on defense and rebounded well not to mention setting nice screens to free up his teammates plus he held pachulia in check on both kobe drives . he set nice screens and blocked out so i don t get it that he gets s so must punishement for his overall game tonight. i thought he played very good on d and once again set very good screens . alot better then the first coupe of months . so i am fine with d12
kobebryant248

Postby Juronimo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 am

abeer3 wrote:first, dwight started setting screens again. he's still not where he should be in that department (watch omer asik screen and roll--that guy has zero offensive talent, but he makes that play happen by wiping out the defender on the initial action every time), but he's improved over the course of the season.

now, he's also starting to run the floor a bit more. hopefully, teammates will start looking for that earlier because they missed him several times last night. but he can't get discouraged and stop running and diving to the rim in general. he's not getting the ball, but it's opening up lanes for nash, clark, jamison, and kobe to get to the basket and finish. hopefully, those guys are giving him credit for his role in their easy looks lately. he's the type that needs recognition to put out effort. not that all of us aren't, to some degree.

I noticed that too. Nash is really benefiting from Dwight setting better screens.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 am

he really should focus on setting really hard bone shattering screen on Tues, only way to score effectively and possibly slow down Westbrick a bit.
khmrP

Postby Coach Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 am

That is becoming common place. On the replay of that play, I wondered what he was thinking leaving his guy in the lane to dead toward Korver. In what world is that a good idea?
Dr. Jerry Buss
January 27, 1933 - February 18, 2013
Coach Chris

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 am

Coach Chris wrote:

That is becoming common place. On the replay of that play, I wondered what he was thinking leaving his guy in the lane to dead toward Korver. In what world is that a good idea?

well that very same play almost worked again at the end with Smith and this time it was between MWP/Kobe, notice a trend there?
khmrP

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Looking at the replay though it the pass was a fraction of a second too late, and basically Smith had wait on it, and that was really all Metta needed to make the nice recovery and disrupt Smith's catch, and by time he regained control after he bobbled it, Dwight was already there to seal him off from dumping the ball off to Horford (or making any safe pass at all).

If that was a top passing PG instead of Harris though, we're sitting at 29-31 right now unless Kobe or Nash drain a buzzer beater.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 pm

JLaker17 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Since this cam up in the game thread, here's the vid of Dwight dominating Bynum for a 20-20 not a debate on who's better, just a look at Dwight's post game pre-surgery.

Isn't this the game the one that Howard got a lot of his points when he was against Gasol? He had some nice moves in the highlights, but its the highlights what do you expect. Dwight's post game is horrible, now that he lost some of his athleticism he can't make up for it.

No this was last season Dwight vs Bynum straight up, Bynum was beasting until he faced Dwight in this game where he was shut down & dominated on th other end as well. I expected Bynum to outplay Dwight but he stood no chance. Howard ended up with 21pts 23reb while Bynum ended up with 10pts 12reb

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Coach Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 pm

khmrP wrote:
Coach Chris wrote:

well that very same play almost worked again at the end with Smith and this time it was between MWP/Kobe, notice a trend there?

Good coaching, they found a weakness in the defense and exploited it.
Dr. Jerry Buss
January 27, 1933 - February 18, 2013
Coach Chris

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Dwight was showing on the screens because Korver was deadly off those screens. That split second was enough time to find the little roll by the screener.

Easy fix is to switch on the screen. Don't allow the roller a free lane and have Dwight crowd the shooter.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Looking at Dwight's game log, his last 20 point game on the road was Jan 4 vs Clippers (21 points) ...outside of LA the last time he scored 20 was Dec 13 at NYK (20). For the season he shoots 52% from the field on the road 13.9 pts/gm...granted it could be a little higher if he didnt get hurt in MEM or didnt get ejected in TOR and DEN. But yea doesnt look like he can be relied on big scoring games on the road, hes scored over 20 on the road only 5 times all year

We may need the vets like MWP, Nash and Jamison to pick up the scoring slack and let Dwight concentrate on D, because we cant trust him on offense outside of LA. He plays 2 less minutes a game but commits more fouls on the road (3.8 as compared to 3.6 in LA) and turns it over just as many times (3 times a game)

One thing Dwight can do is contribute more on D and the boards, unacceptable to have a large dropoff in the rebounding department from home to road (13.5 at home, 10.2 on the road)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Since this cam up in the game thread, here's the vid of Dwight dominating Bynum for a 20-20 not a debate on who's better, just a look at Dwight's post game pre-surgery.

Isn't this the game the one that Howard got a lot of his points when he was against Gasol? He had some nice moves in the highlights, but its the highlights what do you expect. Dwight's post game is horrible, now that he lost some of his athleticism he can't make up for it.

No this was last season Dwight vs Bynum straight up, Bynum was beasting until he faced Dwight in this game where he was shut down & dominated on th other end as well. I expected Bynum to outplay Dwight but he stood no chance. Howard ended up with 21pts 23reb while Bynum ended up with 10pts 12reb

bynum got in foul trouble that game.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Josh thinks Dwight will stay put in LA.

Mark Medina of the LA Daily News wrote:
Even though the two say they have haven't kept in touch much this season, Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith remains sure about a few things surrounding his longtime friend Lakers center Dwight Howard.

First, Smith says he has a good idea on whether Howard will stay with the Lakers once he becomes an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

"I can't pick his brain and be in his head but to me, I don't see him going anywhere," Smith said before the Lakers hosted the Hawks at Staples Center.

"It would be a shock to me."

Why?

"Dwight is a loyal athlete and loyal person," Smith said. "He's not a quitter and doesn't run from situations. That's why I believe with this franchise and the way he's talked so well about it, I can't see him going anywhere."

Howard has refused to divulge publicly his intentions this offseason until that moment comes. Should he stay with the Lakers, he would re-sign for five years worth $117.9 million. That's a huge jump compared to the four-year, $87.6 million deal he'd have with another team.

Still, Howard has encountered frustrations on his first season with the Lakers. That's included rehabbing from 10-month old back surgery, a torn labrum in his right shoulder, a relatively diminished offensive role and larger media scrutiny.

"He's grasping that," Smith said. "He's trying to find his way on this team and trying to get back healthy. That's the biggest thing he's doing and worrying about. He's getting his legs back under him and he's starting to block more shots. It's going to take some time."
Howard and Smith grew up together in Atlanta and played on the same AAU team. To this day, they often talk about eventually becoming teammates again.

"Situations like that are far fetched so it's more, `What if we play with each other?"' Smith said. "In AAU basketball, we had a ton of success. You never know what the future entails. But we can talk about it. It might not necessarily happen. But it's a good conversation."

But Smith stressed neither he nor Howard are actively trying to ensure that outcome.

"If it happens, it'll be crazy," Smith said. "But you never know. "
JSM

Postby kakafung on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm

JSM wrote:Josh thinks Dwight will stay put in LA.

Mark Medina of the LA Daily News wrote:
Even though the two say they have haven't kept in touch much this season, Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith remains sure about a few things surrounding his longtime friend Lakers center Dwight Howard.

First, Smith says he has a good idea on whether Howard will stay with the Lakers once he becomes an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

"I can't pick his brain and be in his head but to me, I don't see him going anywhere," Smith said before the Lakers hosted the Hawks at Staples Center.

"It would be a shock to me."

Why?

"Dwight is a loyal athlete and loyal person," Smith said. "He's not a quitter and doesn't run from situations. That's why I believe with this franchise and the way he's talked so well about it, I can't see him going anywhere."

Howard has refused to divulge publicly his intentions this offseason until that moment comes. Should he stay with the Lakers, he would re-sign for five years worth $117.9 million. That's a huge jump compared to the four-year, $87.6 million deal he'd have with another team.

Still, Howard has encountered frustrations on his first season with the Lakers. That's included rehabbing from 10-month old back surgery, a torn labrum in his right shoulder, a relatively diminished offensive role and larger media scrutiny.

"He's grasping that," Smith said. "He's trying to find his way on this team and trying to get back healthy. That's the biggest thing he's doing and worrying about. He's getting his legs back under him and he's starting to block more shots. It's going to take some time."
Howard and Smith grew up together in Atlanta and played on the same AAU team. To this day, they often talk about eventually becoming teammates again.

"Situations like that are far fetched so it's more, `What if we play with each other?"' Smith said. "In AAU basketball, we had a ton of success. You never know what the future entails. But we can talk about it. It might not necessarily happen. But it's a good conversation."

But Smith stressed neither he nor Howard are actively trying to ensure that outcome.

"If it happens, it'll be crazy," Smith said. "But you never know. "

can the lakers pursue josh smith in this summer :bow:
how about Nash Kobe smith gasol howard ? :bang: :bang:
kakafung

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm

^ You want a team that shoots 4% from the free throw line?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^ You want a team that shoots 4% from the free throw line?

I'd take David West over Smith. Not a high fly act but plays smarter within a set offense, can hit perimeter shots and reliable at the charity stripe plus a decent defender too.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby kakafung on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 pm

i just want a team can reign over the paint
kakafung

Postby last stand on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

gcclaker wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^ You want a team that shoots 4% from the free throw line?

I'd take David West over Smith. Not a high fly act but plays smarter within a set offense, can hit perimeter shots and reliable at the charity stripe plus a decent defender too.

i would rather have west than smith as well. but i really want neither. west plays no defense, and smith plays no offense.

we can pay earl clark 4 million to be one-dimensional. don't need to pay double digit millions for that

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Video Interview: Kristine Leahy of KCAL interviews Dwight (10 minutes):

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/ ... th-lakers/
JSM

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard