Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers/Celtics

Re: Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers/Celtics

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 pm

The Rock wrote:If ATL offered this would you do it?

Al Horford + Jeff Teague + Kyle Korver + 2 1st future round picks for Dwight

Dwight can still get his max and what not and play with his buddy Josh Smith. On the other end I'd be sitting on nails if I were ATL since there is no guarantee either guy re-signs with you

this I would def. take
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:51 pm

last stand wrote:that horford, teague, korver deal is awful. horford is essentially the centerpiece of that deal and he's essentially a 3rd option, jeff teague is another player who is decent but nothing special, and then the 2 1st rounders which essentially amount to nothing when a healthy dwight howard and josh smith patrol the paint.

and that rondo article says in itself, Celtics believe lakers won't trade howard.

well that makes Pau a #2 again, Horford as a #3 would be great. Teagues is coming into his own, we needed an speedy type PG sure those picks wouldn't be great and that duo of Howard/Smith offensively wouldn't be all that great and they wouldn't be a good team either w/o a lead gaurd.
khmrP

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 pm

khmrP wrote:
last stand wrote:that horford, teague, korver deal is awful. horford is essentially the centerpiece of that deal and he's essentially a 3rd option, jeff teague is another player who is decent but nothing special, and then the 2 1st rounders which essentially amount to nothing when a healthy dwight howard and josh smith patrol the paint.

and that rondo article says in itself, Celtics believe lakers won't trade howard.

well that makes Pau a #2 again, Horford as a #3 would be great. Teagues is coming into his own, we needed an speedy type PG sure those picks wouldn't be great and that duo of Howard/Smith offensively wouldn't be all that great and they wouldn't be a good team either w/o a lead gaurd.

i'm just not a fan of teague and horford. to me horford has pretty much hit his ceiling, teague isn't far from his and the picks at worst will be in the late teens.

and then what happens when kobe and pau retire. horford and teague are supposed to lead this team? i just don't see the point in that. i'd rather have dwight walk, kobe and pau leave after 2014 and just draft in the lottery for the next 5 years until we find the next star
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby nameant on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 am

A.T.G.R.O.D.
nameant

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am

Rondo has the right mentality , kind of school like when it comes to compete and can elevate his game in the playoffs ... but let's not forget he has been the leader of horrible offensive teams ...

PASS
wcsoldier81

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 am

Nope. Rondo has incredible heart, but a really incomplete game. And he may not come back all the way b

We need to shop Dwight, though. I wonder if he'll ever come back 100%.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:21 am

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

I seriously think Boston was just using us as leverage.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Massacre on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:01 am

Clippers are dangerous with Garnett. Real dangerous.

I'll leave it at that.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:18 am

Rondo is a great player in my opinion, but he stays in trouble on the court. We already have had our fair share of man diva-ness we don't need Rondo. Besides how does he help with athleticism? We need to be picking up a young athletic player.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:21 am

I don't know why everyone assumes we'd keep Rondo. He could fetch a great package from a 3rd team that doesn't mind tanking this season for a star PG next.
lakersin4

Postby borri on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 am

This trade scenario is absurd. Unless behind closed doors, D12 has already told Mitch he will not sign.

Then all bets are off.
borri

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:45 am

Howard to Indy, Hibbert-filler-picks to OKC, Ibaka and George (or Granger) to LA.
Nash
Kobe
George
Ibaka
Gasol
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thkthebest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:08 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

Yea, the trade makes absolutely no sense. They could have at least tried to come up with a semi-believable story. I mean, seriously... Dwight for Rondo? It's not even like Dwight would re-sign for the Celtics.

lakersin4 wrote:I don't know why everyone assumes we'd keep Rondo. He could fetch a great package from a 3rd team that doesn't mind tanking this season for a star PG next.

Because then it makes no sense to do a 3-way. Rondo hasn't been able to fetch a great package, despite being on the trading block for years. Dwight would fetch us a better package.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby thkthebest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:09 am

Finwë wrote:Howard to Indy, Hibbert-filler-picks to OKC, Ibaka and George (or Granger) to LA.
Nash
Kobe
George
Ibaka
Gasol

Indy wouldn't give up all that for a 4 month rental of an injured Howard.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby trodgers on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:18 am

I hate Rondo, but he can D up, create, and our small unit would be sick. But two obstacles:

1. Mitch said no. I believe him.
2. We'd be conceding the season.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby BDG on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 am

LOL at trading for a guy with a torn ACL.

No thanks.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:35 am

BDG wrote:LOL at trading for a guy with a torn ACL.

No thanks.

This. I don't get why we even discuss a trade for some who'll be out for a year ... Makes no sense with Kobe's window closing.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby JGC on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am

thkbest wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:

Yea, the trade makes absolutely no sense. They could have at least tried to come up with a semi-believable story. I mean, seriously... Dwight for Rondo? It's not even like Dwight would re-sign for the Celtics.

Well, part of it makes sense. I don't think the timing make much sense, and neither does acquiring Garnett when you have Griffin, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn the Clippers would look to move DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe at some point.

They need to re-sign Chris Paul. Blake's contract extension kicks in I think next season. They have Crawford under contract for a while. And they know they're not going to be able to keep Eric Bledsoe if they keep Chris Paul because it wouldn't make sense anyway. And DJ makes way too much money.
JGC

Postby noobiew on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:20 am

Dwight + Nash for KG & Rondo :wink:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 am

Part of the problem is Dwight Howard. We've all had a "Kobe Bryant" that we've worked with at some point in our lives(someone we just don't get along with). So you move jobs...guess what? There is different "Kobe Bryant" there. They are everywhere. You have to learn to internalize, and deal with the situation. I'm not saying change who you are as a person, I'm saying let your actions change the situation for you. If Dwight speaks so highly about, "everything happens for a reason", why can't he acknowledge the situation he is in, as a blessing and an amazing opportunity. This situation was put before you by God(again, he speaks so highly about faith), to challenge you and to see how you deal with adversity. Right now, you're not doing so well. Dwight, please go open your Bible to the Book of Job, and use that as an inspiration to deflect the criticism being directed towards you.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 am

BDG wrote:LOL at trading for a guy with a torn ACL.

No thanks.

This, seriously.

We want to win now!... but let's go get a guy with a torn ACL who might be out for over a year from tomorrow.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:25 am

Rondo isn't going to be out for over a year guys. C'mon don't be silly, with round the clock deer antler spray treatment, he will be back before the start of next season.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:30 am

Doc Brown wrote:Rondo isn't going to be out for over a year guys. C'mon don't be silly, with round the clock deer antler spray treatment, he will be back before the start of next season.

And the just attach one of those robocop braces onto his knee. Boom.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby escobar8 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am

dwight for even healthy rondo...hell no...and i have huge respect for rondo...
i would rather risk and let howard go...
i remember the rumors of gasol for rondo...that one i would pull in 0.01 sec...
if we looking to trade someone,it should be gasol not dwight...
escobar8

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 am

thkthebest wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:

lakersin4 wrote:I don't know why everyone assumes we'd keep Rondo. He could fetch a great package from a 3rd team that doesn't mind tanking this season for a star PG next.

Because then it makes no sense to do a 3-way. Rondo hasn't been able to fetch a great package, despite being on the trading block for years. Dwight would fetch us a better package.

It would make sense if we wanted some role players from Boston + the star player the other team gives up for Rondo.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion