Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers/Celtics

Re: Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers/Celtics

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

If anybody initiated this, it was probably Ainge, IMO. Additionally, if Ainge did initiate the conversation about this trade idea, it had to have been before Rondo was hurt. I don't think any GM would call about Mitch about Dwight and offer a guy who just had ACL surgery.

As for the trade, it doesn't make sense for us; the article did mentioned we can trade Dwight during the summer but the other team has to meet certain guidelines in the new CBA. I believe there's better deals out there for Howard; the problem arises when there isn't a team out there with a lot of flexbility...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby thkthebest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 pm

JGC wrote:
thkbest wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

I seriously think Boston was just using us as leverage.

Yea, the trade makes absolutely no sense. They could have at least tried to come up with a semi-believable story. I mean, seriously... Dwight for Rondo? It's not even like Dwight would re-sign for the Celtics.

Well, part of it makes sense. I don't think the timing make much sense, and neither does acquiring Garnett when you have Griffin, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn the Clippers would look to move DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe at some point.

They need to re-sign Chris Paul. Blake's contract extension kicks in I think next season. They have Crawford under contract for a while. And they know they're not going to be able to keep Eric Bledsoe if they keep Chris Paul because it wouldn't make sense anyway. And DJ makes way too much money.

Sorry, I meant that the Dwight-Rondo trade made no sense, not the Clippers one.
thkthebest

Postby Nikez on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:16 pm

The Laker Link wrote:I am the only one that believes in giving him more of a chance? I still believe we'll make it all work.

no
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 pm

I think Mitch is genuine when he's saying he's not moving D12.....

But if I'm the Celtics, I'm not stopping at that dead end. They have a good chance at making the playoffs with their current squad, but have little chance of making any real noise. This is where Pau comes in. He should be back by the playoffs and if I'm Boston, I'm trying to sell Rondo + Fillers for Pau. With Pau they have a chance in the East because they would have an actual Center.

The option was explored last year, I wouldn't be surprised if it pops again this year.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Savory Griddles on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 pm

The Laker Link wrote:I am the only one that believes in giving him more of a chance? I still believe we'll make it all work.

I'm with you Laker Link. I've said it before, outside of CP3, LBJ and Durant, there is no one (when healthy) that can impact the game more than Dwight. There is NO ONE else. So what are we supposed to do? Trade Dwight and hope we get two all star FAs that aren't even in the league as of now?

This has been a disaster of a season and emotions are running high on this board, but if you look at it logically, who else is out there? Do we trade him for picks and expirings and hope whoever we draft will have D12's impact? Is Rudy Gay and Kevin Love enough to hang with the Heat and OKC? We need Dwight if we want to be at all relevant for the next 5 years. Our best bet is to try to resign Dwight and then use Gasol's MASSIVE expiring deal to get a couple mid-level pieces around Dwight like a Kyle Lowry (not him necessarily, just that type of talent/salary) and then use our max slot in 2014 to make a run at Love or *fingers crossed despite the absurdity of it* Lebron James.

With the new CBA, the days of 3 max lvl superstars is done. Miami is not the Lakers and they may have to dump one of their stars. It will likely be two stars with 3-4 good players surrounding them. We have a top 5 player in Dwight. Its a lot easier to get a second star when you already have one.

Dump Pringles as coach. Get one of the Van Gundys in here. Trade Gasol for some young, talented mid level guys and then swing for the fences NEXT offseason.
Savory Griddles

Postby TheOp on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Can we trade Dwight for Kenneth Farried and Ty Lawson straight up. That would be a pipe dream.
TheOp

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I think Mitch is genuine when he's saying he's not moving D12.....

But if I'm the Celtics, I'm not stopping at that dead end. They have a good chance at making the playoffs with their current squad, but have little chance of making any real noise. This is where Pau comes in. He should be back by the playoffs and if I'm Boston, I'm trying to sell Rondo + Fillers for Pau. With Pau they have a chance in the East because they would have an actual Center.

The option was explored last year, I wouldn't be surprised if it pops again this year.

I completely agree. If Nash was cheaper I'd explore trying to grab him as well but he's not. Good point though. Rondo has always been on shaky ground in Boston. Maybe they see a chance to make some noise

Pau
Kg
Pierce
Bradley
Terry

With bass, green, and lee coming off the bench isn't bad. And the lakers do it obviously with a rondo and Dwight future in mind
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Finwë wrote:Howard to Indy, Hibbert-filler-picks to OKC, Ibaka and George (or Granger) to LA.
Nash
Kobe
George or Granger
Ibaka
Gasol

Indy wouldn't give up all that for a 4 month rental of an injured Howard.

Indy isn't beating Miami as constructed. This way they get a chance to form their own "big 3", with Howard-West-George/Granger (depending on who they want to give us). They gain star power, they sell tickets and merchandise, and maybe when Howard's healthy they are actually better than now. Howard could give Miami trouble.
It is a gamble since Dwight could walk, but IMO they'd have to at least entertain the idea.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby venky on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I love Rondo but I wouldn't do it.
venky

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:36 pm

venky wrote:I like Rondo but I wouldn't do it.
D.B. Cooper

Postby noobiew on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

The problem for Dwight is he does not want to be here, he made it clear to the public he wanted to be in Brooklyn, not Lakers. I know we most likely hold on him this season because there is not many teams that have the cap space to sign him in free agency so he would most likely force to sign with us as Dwight does not want to leave 30 million on the table, but even that if he signs he will be miserable and unhappy with us, it's clear that he dose not like to play with Kobe and coach D'Antoni, so we will continue to get half effort from him, the last thing I want is a player who doesn't want to be here playing for us.

Dwight does not want to be a Lakers and is unhappy, if he doesn't want to be here, ship his *** out !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 am

Rondo is just another malcontent and puts himself ahead of winning............ not sure how replacing one with another helps the Lakers... especially with the coach we have right now that can't handle difficult personalities.

Both players being discussed have major flaws in their games......... IMO neither is in position to be malcontents but they are what they are.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 am

Id get Rondo but not for Howard for Pau and few role plyrs maybe
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:32 am

There has to be a way to light a fire under his buns and make him dominate. Nobody puts in work like him to not win.. I don't buy that.

Huge mistake not getting Phil when he was available. He was licking his chops at another big man to coach you could tell.. these last two coaches are just not what this team needed at all.
BadCoaching

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 am

Finwë wrote:
thkthebest wrote:
Finwë wrote:Howard to Indy, Hibbert-filler-picks to OKC, Ibaka and George (or Granger) to LA.
Nash
Kobe
George or Granger
Ibaka
Gasol

Indy wouldn't give up all that for a 4 month rental of an injured Howard.

Indy isn't beating Miami as constructed. This way they get a chance to form their own "big 3", with Howard-West-George/Granger (depending on who they want to give us). They gain star power, they sell tickets and merchandise, and maybe when Howard's healthy they are actually better than now. Howard could give Miami trouble.
It is a gamble since Dwight could walk, but IMO they'd have to at least entertain the idea.

Clearly, you're not a Pacers fan.
JGC

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 am

^ Not getting Phil was one of the most head scratching moves. Think about it from a buisness standpoint. Paying Phil Jackson, would have helped ease tensions between Dwight and Kobe, and would have allowed Dwight to almost certainly resign with us.

I would prefer our team look like this going forward:

Irving-Wiggins-Love-Howard
LAKEROC

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 am

LAKEROC wrote:^ Not getting Phil was one of the most head scratching moves. Think about it from a buisness standpoint. Paying Phil Jackson, would have helped ease tensions between Dwight and Kobe, and would have allowed Dwight to almost certainly resign with us.

would your preferred team even be possible in a video game? :man10:
khmrP

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 am

With the new CBA, Mitch/simple Jim will be rolling with Dwight...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 am

It wouldn't be a trade thread without LAKEROC. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 432J on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

LAKEROC wrote:^ Not getting Phil was one of the most head scratching moves. Think about it from a buisness standpoint. Paying Phil Jackson, would have helped ease tensions between Dwight and Kobe, and would have allowed Dwight to almost certainly resign with us.

:man10:

come on man
432J

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 am

no thanks...

you never trade an injured big for an injured small
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

Have a sneaky feeling we might get Josh Smith.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby jlkr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I love Rondo, but no way the Lakers are paying $20m for point guards in this day and age of max lux tax. Especially if one is old and the other injured. Spend that kind of money on good and mobile bigs, sure. Need those bigtime. But no way can a title team can be constructed from $50m in salaries to 3 guards (Kobe, Nash and Rondo).

So there's nothing there or this is a smokescreen for something else or it's just talk meant to drive up trade value.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm

The Rock wrote:Have a sneaky feeling we might get Josh Smith.

Mitch, that you? :man10:
khmrP

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm

hell i'd be happy with josh smith
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel