D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Shaun Powell: Dwight Howard says he's not 100 percent but a source who saw his workouts said Howard dunked with authority.
:jam2:
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:50 am

Dwight is perfect for the stuff they put on Staples jumbotron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBxcsfBKPY&feature=player_embedded
wcsoldier81

Postby lakeshow4ever on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 am

Hi guys...
I'm like some people who think that DH shouldn't rush.It better for the team to get him back as healthy as possible. There's no rush and the team can do the job without him for a few weeks.
I will be very nice to get the whole team ready for the begenning though...
lakeshow4ever

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:19 am

In his interview on Sportsnet he said "Hopefully I'll have many great years here in LA." Sounds like he wants to stay.
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 am

nthydro wrote:In his interview on Sportsnet he said "Hopefully I'll have many great years here in LA." Sounds like he wants to stay.

The behind the scenes stuff showed just how excited he was to be here, how in awe he was of the trophies and the things Mitch was saying to him.

I just don't think there's any way he leaves LA.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 am

Brian Kamenetzky of ESPN wrote:There were no great revelations from Dwight Howard regarding his back Monday at Media Day, which basically means the news is good. He's not experienced any setbacks, and is on track to return fully healthy relatively soon, as ESPNLA's Dave McMenamin reports:

"I'm getting better every day," Howard said. "I'm getting stronger every day and I'm just looking forward to that day when I'm 100 percent. Until then, I'm going to keep training. I think from the last time you guys saw me to now, I think I look a lot different. I've been working extremely hard to get back on the court and I think we're going to have an awesome year." Howard has already been ruled out of the Lakers' preseason opener on Oct. 7, according to the team. But Yahoo! Sports reported Howard is hoping to play in the Lakers' regular season opener on Oct. 30 and that the center's back has regained "85 percent" of its strength. "I don't have a percentage meter for my back," Howard said. "They didn't make them yet. I think that's the new technology in the iPhone 6. ... We got to wait until that comes out."

Overall, though, signs are encouraging. Howard told reporters he's improved a great deal since his introductory press conference, and continues working out with assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Chuck Person.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

Marcellus Wiley made a great point (I can't believe I just wrote that because I hate Marcellus). He said it's a good thing they reported Howard out for the pre-season opener because it means that's where they're aiming.

They didn't rule him out of the season opener or even the entire pre-season. That means they're thinking maybe he has a shot to make something happen during the PRE-SEASON and for the opener. I don't know if he will, no one does, but the fact that they're ruling him out a week away instead of 3 weeks away should give you an idea of where he's at physically.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/magic-basketblog/os-mbb-kobe-reminds-dwight-lakers-20121002,0,2277302.post
"I don't want to get into the, 'Well, we share ...' No, it's my team. But I want to make sure that Dwight, when I retire, this is going to be his. I want to teach him everything I possibly know so that when I step away this organization can ride on as if I never left."

Howard fell in line, but then again, he’s the new guy in town after arriving from Orlando.

It’s way too early to predict if Howard will stay quiet about taking a back seat. Way back.

“I'm willing to go through that process, learn from one of the greatest to ever play the game and I think it will be great," Howard said. "I think learning from a guy like Kobe, I know he's going to be tough on me, but I expect that and I want him to do that. So, I'll take all the heat that he's going to give me because I know at the end of the day that's going to make me a better player and a better person and it's going to make this team better."

Bryant made sure everyone knew he was the king of his fiefdom, but he said he wants Howard to inherit his throne. He said he told Lakers ownership that as they pursued Howard.

It was like, 'If you have the opportunity to get Dwight, get him because I want to see this organization continue to flourish and continue to be successful long after I'm gone,' " Kobe said.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Dwight is perfect for the stuff they put on Staples jumbotron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBxcsfBKPY&feature=player_embedded

He was born to be a member of the Lakers and to live in Hollywood with that personality. How can you not like this guy! The Future is Bright in LA :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Dwight just had to end up in LA.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm

its gunna be a fun season. no more struggling for every single point. and maybe we'll see our team actually having fun out on the court and see some smiles, high fives, etc. also guys on the bench cheering the team on.

it should be a more fun and energetic season. cant wait!
Ariza3

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 pm

lol, Nash to Dwight = Duhon doing a funny dance. Wish we still had Turiaf too.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 pm

^

How about Madsen?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

No D in this drill, but a look at @DwightHoward setting a pick for @SteveNash w/Kobe in corner. http://instagr.am/p/QS8dClS79s/

So far, @DwightHoward has participated in most drills. No full 5-on-5 contact scrimmages, but he's running, jumping, dunking. Looks good.

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Already seeing Nash as a coach on the court, directing World Peace and Dwight where to go on offense in chorus with Eddie Jordan

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Surprising/encouraging sign: We get let into Lakers practice & see Dwight running up the court in 5-on-0 offense drills w/ Kobe/Pau/Nash/MWP

Short Lakers practice video with Howard
http://www.telly.com/I79XH?fromtwitvid=1
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Dwight is laboring as he goes up and down full court as practice nears its end. Coaches asking him to push through it.

Don't worry guys, he's fine just not in the best condition I bet yet
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Awesome stuff Battle, thanks for sharing. I can't see that video at my office. What's Telly?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:Awesome stuff Battle, thanks for sharing. I can't see that video at my office. What's Telly?

I don't have a clue, but here's the tweet that came with it:

Sam Amick
Ladies & gents, the new-look Lakers running the Princeton offense (video) in today's 1st practice

With the hiring of former Kings, Philly and Washington coach Eddie Jordan as an assistant, the sluggish Lakers offense should be re- energized. As @kbergcbs noted, though, only so much can be learned when there's no defense to read
Watch at TwitVid ›
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Pau on Dwight today: "He worked just as much as anybody else. So that's good."

Quick video of Howard & @0goudelock in a 3-pt shooting competition. Howard hits here, but will lose: http://twitvid.com/I8U8A

:man11: here comes the Drew talk haha
Battle Tested20

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 pm

therealdeal wrote:
nthydro wrote:In his interview on Sportsnet he said "Hopefully I'll have many great years here in LA." Sounds like he wants to stay.

The behind the scenes stuff showed just how excited he was to be here, how in awe he was of the trophies and the things Mitch was saying to him.

I just don't think there's any way he leaves LA.

That was my favorite part. Getting to see all the behind the scenes, particularly when Nash and Howard first arrived at Staples Center after their trade. Us fans never get to see that stuff. But yeah :man10: , have you ever seen anyone more excited to be a Laker than Dwight?
nthydro

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Impressive 3-point comeback in next game from Dwight, draining 3 of 5 from the corner w/Chris Duhon yelling "That's his spot!"

Howard (back) is continuing to feel good w/no set backs. He said he will "hopefully" play in a preseason game, but no guarantees.

he must be feeling a hell of a lot better now that he could play in a pre-season game

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Dwight Howard "hopefully Ill be back for some preseason games...not going to rush it" #lakers

Howard: "These guys need me for the whole season." A reason he doesn't want to push too fast. But getting closer.

Battle Tested20

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I Definetly think Dwight's gonaa be Ready on opening with practise pics that I've seen
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm

but stephen a smith said january
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Dwight Howard "hopefully Ill be back for some preseason games...not going to rush it" #lakers

I just popped a freakin boner :man10:

I'm going to the last preseason game on the 25th. Would be awesome to see him playing! Even if it's only 10-15 mins. I just want to see the starting 5 out there. :jam2:
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:but stephen a smith said january

:man10: :man10: :jam2:

I f***ing knew they were all wrong. Everyone wanted to hope and wish that Dwight was going to miss time because this team is just that scary. Well f*** all you haters, Dwight is going to be back and ready WAY sooner than you expected.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard