D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:but stephen a smith said january

:man10: :man10: :jam2:

I f***ing knew they were all wrong. Everyone wanted to hope and wish that Dwight was going to miss time because this team is just that scary. Well f*** all you haters, Dwight is going to be back and ready WAY sooner than you expected.

Gotta love it when mods go gangsta :man1: :man10:

But yeah a lot of people I know who are Laker haters were playing the bad back card when we got Dwight. Just to try to rain on our parade. Hell even some members on this board were doing that. Can you imagine if he starts playing in the preseason and dominating from the get go? Run and hide motherf***ers :jam2:
nthydro

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 pm

nthydro wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:but stephen a smith said january

:man10: :man10: :jam2:

I f***ing knew they were all wrong. Everyone wanted to hope and wish that Dwight was going to miss time because this team is just that scary. Well f*** all you haters, Dwight is going to be back and ready WAY sooner than you expected.

Gotta love it when mods go gangsta :man1: :man10:

But yeah a lot of people I know who are Laker haters were playing the bad back card when we got Dwight. Just to try to rain on our parade. Hell even some members on this board were doing that. Can you imagine if he starts playing in the preseason and dominating from the get go? Run and hide motherf**kers :jam2:

Yep they'll lcry ike girls
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Great news! Cannot wait to see our starting 5 in action for the first time :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm

i think the issue with dwight isn't the back but the conditioning. when your out of shape injuries happen, so my guess is they want dwight in shape and the back itself is fine
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 pm

last stand wrote:i think the issue with dwight isn't the back but the conditioning. when your out of shape injuries happen, so my guess is they want dwight in shape and the back itself is fine

could very well be it at this stage of the healing process

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Just more than five months removed from back surgery, Dwight Howard played in the Los Angeles Lakers' first practice of the season Tuesday without limitation, participating in the same set of drills and activities as his teammates.

While Howard already has been ruled out of the Lakers' preseason opener Oct. 7, according to the team, the All-Star center said he wants to play in an exhibition or two before the regular season tips off Oct. 30.

"Hopefully, I'll be back for some preseason games," Howard said. "I think we're going to need it for chemistry and all that stuff. But, like I said, I'm not going to rush it. I'm going to continue to practice. We've had some great practices. Today was really good, so I'm happy."

A source who witnessed Howard at the portion of practice that was closed to the media described Howard's level of play to ESPNLosAngeles.com as "unbelievable."

"He was dunking everything in sight," the source said. "He looks like he can play in an NBA game today."

Howard said he was not surprised to be going full tilt considering how hard he has been training leading up to the start of camp. But Howard's effort did catch at least one of his teammates off guard.

"He worked just as much as everybody else, so that was good," Pau Gasol said. "I didn't expect that to happen today."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8454854/dwight-howard-participates-first-practice-los-angeles-lakers

GoldenKnight

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm

sounds promising
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Tragic on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 pm

:jam2: Good news. I want to see him in preseason games for conditioning purposes, I read some quotes that he was "laboring" out there today.
Tragic

Postby John3:16 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:39 pm

We talkin about practice?
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Short Lakers practice video with Howard
http://www.telly.com/I79XH?fromtwitvid=1

Wow, just that short little video got me hyped.

We got frickin' Steve Nash and frickin' Dwight Howard on our team....lol. Still can't believe it...
Legendary

Postby John3:16 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Legendary wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

We got frickin' Steve Nash and frickin' Dwight Howard on our team....lol. Still can't believe it...

Love the soccer dribbling by Nash. Skills!
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 pm

^
Yeah that was awesome. Gotta believe that at some point we'll see he and Kobe kick the ball around to each other.

On a side note, EVERYONE is in great shape. Kobe looks like he's been doing some lifting - his arms are on swole. Metta looking like Beast-Ron from back in the day....Dwight is getting back the Superman physique.

We have some MONSTERS on this squad...The league is in some serious trouble.
Legendary

Postby Tobias Funke on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Aiming to play in one or two pre-season games bumps him up to "expected" to play in the home opener IMO (unless there are setbacks, which to date none have been reported). Our last two pre-season games are the 24th and 25th btw.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Go to Lakers.com to view the actual Dwight Howard post practice interview video
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Finwë on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Short Lakers practice video with Howard

Lol Nash showing his soccer skills, as I've read the dude was great at every sport he played
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 am

All of today's reports about Dwight and his conditioning sounded very positive. I knew there was no way in hell he was going to miss anywhere near the amount of time some "experts"were claiming, he is too dedicated and works too hard. The fact he might log a couple pre-season games is just icing on the cake.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Laker management is holding him back a little because

A) of precaution

And

B) of a gesture of good faith to Dwight that his health is more important than a couple of games.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am

So much for him being out till January. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 am

Marc J Spears of Yahoo wrote:Dwight Howard might not make his Los Angeles Lakers debut in the team's Oct. 30 season-opener against the Dallas Mavericks after all. Howard is now hopeful he can return from back surgery earlier than expected and possibly play in the preseason.

"Hopefully, I will be back for some preseason games," Howard said following the Lakers' first practice on Monday. "I think we are going to need it for chemistry and all that stuff."

When asked if his optimism was reason to think he would definitely play on opening night, Howard was more cautious with his words.

"All I know is we had a great practice today," he said. "I don't know the date when I will return. But I'm looking forward to tomorrow's practice to see how my body feels when I wake up. We can only go by time right now and how I feel after practice. We are not in a rush. These guys need me for the whole season."

Howard had been playing one-on-one games against assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Chuck Person prior to the start of training camp. Lakers coach Mike Brown said Howard took part in the majority of Tuesday's lengthy practice that lasted about four hours, but Howard was given a break during a drill to give his feet a rest. The Lakers engaged in light work on the Princeton offense with Howard taking part in each first-team exercise. Howard said he had no setbacks.

Brown said he had no indication when Howard could participate in a five-on-five scrimmage for the first time or when he would make his Lakers' debut. Brown said those decisions will be made by the Lakers' training staff, including head physical therapist Judy Seto and athletic trainer Gary Vitti. Seto played a key role in helping Lakers guard Kobe Bryant overcome a finger injury two seasons ago. Howard last played in a game on April 7.

"If Judy wanted to walk on court in the middle of practice and pull Dwight off she could," Brown said.

The Lakers play their first preseason game Sunday against the Golden State Warriors in Fresno, Calif. Howard isn't expected to be in uniform. But even if Howard doesn't play in the preseason, the Lakers still have 23 practices scheduled before the start of the season, giving him and Steve Nash time to build chemistry with their new teammates.

"As long as he's in practice and able to go through things offensively, go through our system and stuff like that, I don't think it will be an issue," Bryant said.

Lakers assistant coach Eddie Jordan spent time at the end of practice working with the players on implementing the Princeton offense. The Lakers averaged 97.3 points per game last season, a drop of more than four points per game from what they averaged in the 2010-11 season while running Phil Jackson's triangle offense.

Bryant, who has met with Brown and Jordan about the offense, is excited about the change.

"The more talent you have, the more imperative it is to have an equal opportunity system where you let the flow of the game determine which shots come for me," Bryant said. "You just work to get the best shot possible and really just read the defense."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 am

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant talk about participating in the Lakers' first practice of the season.

Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 am

JSM wrote:All of today's reports about Dwight and his conditioning sounded very positive. I knew there was no way in hell he was going to miss anywhere near the amount of time some "experts"were claiming, he is too dedicated and works too hard. The fact he might log a couple pre-season games is just icing on the cake.

Like I said a few pages ago (albeit less... calmly :man10:)...

I knew there was no way he was missing games until December or freaking JANUARY. Stephen A. Smith and the rest of the ESPN idiots wanted that to be true so badly, but it turns out their hopes and dreams are going to be shattered. Kobe looks fantastic, Nash is in shape as always, Metta is in the best shape of his life, and Pau is more prepared mentally this season. Our bench is stocked full of guys that want to be here and want to succeed. And most of all Dwight looks healthy and is moving well.

We're poised and ready to take the league by storm and shut down ESPN's baby: the Heat.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

Legendary wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

dang I wish there was a way to post this video on my lakers fanpage on facebook to share with other laker fans
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby Sean on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 pm

via twitter:

KevinDing: Mike Brown on Dwight after Lakers' second practice of camp: "As much as he's practicing, to me he's back."

LakersReporter: Brown said Howard "looks good out there" & continues to improve. Team will go 5-on-5 tonight, the one thing Howard won't yet do.
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

KevinDing: Mike Brown on Dwight after Lakers' second practice of camp: "As much as he's practicing, to me he's back."

Pun intended MB? :man10:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:

Pun intended MB? :man10:

Haha love Mike's sense of humor. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard