D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

The Rock wrote:He needs to produce more in the post.........he had 3-4 guys hanging on him whenever he touched the ball.

:man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Sorry, but Shaq actually used footwork when he was in the paint. And Shaq's "touch", while being better than Dwight's, wasn't even as good as Bynum's. Shaq scored because he A) Knew how to use his body to seal his man B) Knew how to use footwork C) Was a better passer out of the double-team D) Clasped the goddamn ball with both of his huge mitts when he was in the paint. He always went up strong and nobody could stop him. Dwight's lack of fundamentals are holding him back. Not his "touch".
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
The Rock wrote:He needs to produce more in the post.........he had 3-4 guys hanging on him whenever he touched the ball.

:man3:

I thought he got good position, like 4-5 feet from the basket. He should e finishing them off even when hes got 3-4 guys on him.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah.
Also, last stand, if Dwight's already thinking about leaving, then F it, I couldn't care less if he did. I'm not saying he is, that's assuming if your suggestion is right.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm

If Nash can do for Howard what Kidd is doing for Chandler (lobs, easy looks & dunks) It will bring out the inner beast in Howard, he quietly got a 19pt 20reb game with basically no effort.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Well maybe we need him to be 100% let's not forget he is not yet there, although he has improved.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm

revgen wrote:Sorry, but Shaq actually used footwork when he was in the paint. And Shaq's "touch", while being better than Dwight's, wasn't even as good as Bynum's. Shaq scored because he A) Knew how to use his body to seal his man B) Knew how to use footwork C) Was a better passer out of the double-team D) Clasped the goddamn ball with both of his huge mitts when he was in the paint. He always went up strong and nobody could stop him. Dwight's lack of fundamentals are holding him back. Not his "touch".

i think dwight does a perfectly fine job sealing. he doesn't have a drop step at all which i'll agree is an issue. his touch to me is the more pressing issue. Shaq had great touch. but again comparing dwight to shaq is useless. completely different players all together. dwight is much more like ben wallace than he is like shaq
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

last stand wrote:dwight is much more like ben wallace than he is like shaq

Then you agree that he should never be a #1 option?

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

he had 19 and 20 lol. that is the most unimpressive 19 and 20 game ever :man10:

honestly dwight isn't the issue, i still believe artest forcing us to play 4 on 5 on both ends of the ball is the larger issue. dwight hasn't played well but he's played well enough

artest hasn't.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

revgen wrote:

not really. i mean when talking shaq and dwight. dwight is closer to ben than he is to shaq. doesn't mean he's ben.

i think dwight can be a #1, he's proven so, but he needs a really good perimeter player as a #2 to take pressure off of him.

dwight has taken a team to the finals. as a whole the dwight we've seen isn't the real dwight. he's closer now and he hasn't given effort like he should recently but that doesn't mean he's playing horrible. i mean everyone says he's playing so bad yet he's averaging what bynum averaged last year, and that's with being unhealthy for most of the season so far

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:

not really. i mean when talking shaq and dwight. dwight is closer to ben than he is to shaq. doesn't mean he's ben.

i think dwight can be a #1, he's proven so, but he needs a really good perimeter player as a #2 to take pressure off of him.

dwight has taken a team to the finals. as a whole the dwight we've seen isn't the real dwight. he's closer now and he hasn't given effort like he should recently but that doesn't mean he's playing horrible. i mean everyone says he's playing so bad yet he's averaging what bynum averaged last year, and that's with being unhealthy for most of the season so far

So you think the Magic went to the Finals because Dwight was leading them offensively?

He was their defensive leader. Turk was the leader on offense and there were many times that he looked for Lewis more than he'd look for Dwight on the offensive end. Especially late in games.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm

so are you saying hedo is a NBA finals caliber #1. maybe dwight can be the best player on a championship team but not the offensive #1 who knows

defense is important and dwight is the best at it

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

last stand wrote:so are you saying hedo is a NBA finals caliber #1. maybe dwight can be the best player on a championship team but not the offensive #1 who knows

defense is important and dwight is the best at it

For that team, he was. Keep in mind that we're talking about a very weak Leastern Conference with the Celtics missing KG.

He was their point-forward. And even moreso in the playoffs with Nelson injured. He led that team in assists, and was their 3rd leading scorer. They weren't running the offense through Dwight like we ran it through Shaq. Not even close.

Dwight's future with this team is as a #2 or #3 option and a defensive anchor unless he truly commits to improving his offensive game.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

which is fine. best players aren't always the #1 offensive option. bill russell wasn't the best offensive weapon but he was their best player, ben wallace similar situation. i know what dwight was in 2009. he was still an offensive force. yes he wasn't a creator but that's fine, he's defensively superior to anyone in basketball.

we can win a championship with him being the guy who was DPOY and still a 20 ppg scorer. i'm perfectly fine with that. not many championship #1 offensive options out there as bigs anyways

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Dwight for the first time in his career is not the first option, and he's showing his displeasure on the court because of it. He's tired of Kobe taking these "Kobe" shots. You see him pouting, walking up the floor instead of running. He's not happy right now.

I hate to put this on Kobe, and I think I know why he's thinking he has to take all these shots because he believes it's the best chance they got to win, he believes in himself more than anyone on the floor, so which is why he feels like he needs to shoot every opportunity he can.

If we're gonna win we have to figure out a way to get everybody involved, Kobe has to trust in his teammates (I KNOW, there's not much talent on this roster but the way we are playing..we're not even going to make the playoffs.) Kobe ball 25+ shots per game is a Loss 90% of the time. There has to be balance, something like Kobe 19attempts, Dwight 15+ attempts.

Knicks are doing so well despite of Melo's shot selection(which is nothing short of fantastic this year btw)..is because Melo is believing in his teammates..you see it, they have poise, they have swag, they have confidence in each other. Watching Laker games? you can already see the body language from every single Laker when Kobe catches the ball, they just clear out.
thisbjgz

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Dwight just doesn't seem to have all his athleticism back yet. Hopefully it comes back. He used to have hangtime when getting fouled and could easily get the shot to go but now it seems hes barely gets off the ground in his post ups.

Also he needs to go quicker and make the D react to him...not the other way around. He's going to his post moves too slow imo and catching and going will almost always = a made shot or a trip to the line. When he waits the double comes and he misses the shot badly or turns it over without a call. Watch at 2:30 of that video above. He should go quickly like that...he prob cant dunk like that but he can lay it up

He's just not as quick on both ends and on dunks he has the lift but not in his post moves like he used to. His post ups always looked weird and unorthodox but the worked bc he jumped so high...now its the same bad post ups without the leaping and they just wont go in
Last edited by Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby Kit on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Dwight for the first time in his career is not the first option, and he's showing his displeasure on the court because of it. He's tired of Kobe taking these "Kobe" shots. You see him pouting, walking up the floor instead of running. He's not happy right now.

I hate to put this on Kobe, and I think I know why he's thinking he has to take all these shots because he believes it's the best chance they got to win, he believes in himself more than anyone on the floor, so which is why he feels like he needs to shoot every opportunity he can.

If we're gonna win we have to figure out a way to get everybody involved, Kobe has to trust in his teammates (I KNOW, there's not much talent on this roster but the way we are playing..we're not even going to make the playoffs.) Kobe ball 25+ shots per game is a Loss 90% of the time. There has to be balance, something like Kobe 19attempts, Dwight 15+ attempts.

Knicks are doing so well despite of Melo's shot selection(which is nothing short of fantastic this year btw)..is because Melo is believing in his teammates..you see it, they have poise, they have swag, they have confidence in each other. Watching Laker games? you can already see the body language from every single Laker when Kobe catches the ball, they just clear out.

Noticed that for a while but what can Kobe do? Dwight can't is not that good offensive, period.
Kit

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Dwight for the first time in his career is not the first option, and he's showing his displeasure on the court because of it. He's tired of Kobe taking these "Kobe" shots. You see him pouting, walking up the floor instead of running. He's not happy right now.

except for the bold sentence, you are 100% right.

Im trying not to react too negatively until we see how this team peforms when Nash is back because he will change all of the above. But, Kobe really needs to understand that him scoring the way he is, is not, and had never been good for the team. We're 0-10 when he scors 30+. Wonder why...
Center Court

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Center Court wrote:

Im trying not to react too negatively until we see how this team peforms when Nash is back because he will change all of the above. But, Kobe really needs to understand that him scoring the way he is, is not, and had never been good for the team. We're 0-10 when he scors 30+. Wonder why...

I'm pretty sure that stat has been debunked by. . . almost everyone.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

its just an endless cycle. kobe looks for his own shot and shoots too much bc no one on the team steps up and no one the team steps up bc kobe looks for his own shot and shoots too much
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm

So it's Kobe's fault that Dwight has an elementary postup game, gets the ball stripped repeatedly, and can't make FT's?

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
Center Court wrote:

I'm pretty sure that stat has been debunked by. . . almost everyone.

debunked? How can you debunk statistical facts?
Center Court

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

revgen wrote:So it's Kobe's fault that Dwight has an elementary postup game, gets the ball stripped repeatedly, and can't make FT's?

You try to protect Kobe way too much. No one is blaming Kobe. Just stating the facts. So would you agree that Kobe ball can win us ball games and develop better team chemistry?; something that this team DESPERATELY needs right now especially. He's giving 110% effort out there, we see it. We ALL see it. Just that this formula of basketball is not going to convert to wins. I really don't see how anyone being a long time Laker fan can agree that this brand of basketball is winning, there is basically NO ball movement. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing out there. Most of the plays are for Kobe to dribble dribble iso, while everyone stands and watches, or dump the ball to Dwight, while everyone stands and watches.

Kobe is the only one who can facilitate this team right now, he has to know that and try to get others involved, EVERYONE, even if they aren't hitting shots.
thisbjgz

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm

i think its up to kobe (the team captain) and Dantoni to get Dwight involved in other ways besides post ups. Those aren't working. Kobe needs to play make like he was earlier when we actually won games. He found dwight instead of feeding him like bynum.

Kobe doesn't do that and instead looks for his own shot, which in turn leaves only post ups for Dwight which he gets fouled, missed, or turns it over.

Kobe is the leader and Dantoni is the coach. It's up to them both to have Kobe facilitate more to Dwight and Jamison imo. That should help us win more games and have Dwight dominate games like he can. He's playing and being made to play like a role player.

Theyre running less PnR on purpose bc Nash isn't there, but Dantoni can easily run PnR with Kobe and Dwight and its up to him and Kobe himself to make that happen.
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Kobe is the only one who can facilitate this team right now, he has to know that and try to get others involved, EVERYONE, even if they aren't hitting shots.

So Kobe is supposed to pass the ball to guys who aren't making shots, even if he's making his shots?

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard