D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm

I get on Pau about passing out of the post, but there was a sequence in the 2nd where Dwight passed out of the post 3 possessions in a row (with Kobe on the bench). C'mon bruh, Tyler Zeller cannot body you like that
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am

revgen wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:Kobe is the only one who can facilitate this team right now, he has to know that and try to get others involved, EVERYONE, even if they aren't hitting shots.

So Kobe is supposed to pass the ball to guys who aren't making shots, even if he's making his shots?

Lol, ok..so we got sarcasm. Let's have Kobe take all the shots then? Like I'm starting to think you're serious content with Kobe taking every shot. Do you play basketball? Do you want to play with a guy who doesn't pass you the ball or do you like the fact when you're out there playing..you don't even get to touch the ball? Why would I wanna protect the rim with a guy who doesn't even think I exist out there?

Laughable.

Btw..I'd also bet every single game that Kobe decides to go Kobe ball...that he would NOT make 16 out of 28 shots every game. This easily could've been a 15+ loss.
thisbjgz

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 am

thisbjgz wrote:
revgen wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:Kobe is the only one who can facilitate this team right now, he has to know that and try to get others involved, EVERYONE, even if they aren't hitting shots.

So Kobe is supposed to pass the ball to guys who aren't making shots, even if he's making his shots?

Lol, ok..so we got sarcasm. Let's have Kobe take all the shots then? Like I'm starting to think you're serious content with Kobe taking every shot. Do you play basketball? Do you want to play with a guy who doesn't pass you the ball or do you like the fact when you're out there playing..you don't even get to touch the ball? Why would I wanna protect the rim with a guy who doesn't even think I exist out there?

Laughable.

I don't know about you. But when I used to play basketball, I liked to win. Losing wasn't too fun for me. Sure, I'd like to shoot the ball just like anybody else, but having the ball didn't matter much when the other team won.

But I'm not you and I'm not Dwight, so I can't expect you or him to think the way I do.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 am

Dwight took his team to the NBA Finals OVER LeBron James & the Cavs in 09 closing them out on a 40pt 14reb game & was 3 wins away from winning an NBA title, why is Dwight being or not being a 1st option even a question?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

revgen wrote:

Today vs the Cavs Kobe really tried to get him team involved & going in the beginning of the game & they went down on the scoreboard quickly, then you saw him getting more aggressive, sometimes he just has to do what he has to do I guess...

GoldenKnight

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight took his team to the NBA Finals OVER LeBron James & the Cavs in 09 closing them out on a 40pt 14reb game & was 3 wins away from winning an NBA title, why is Dwight being or not being a 1st option even a question?

You are aware that Dwight made 12 out of his 16 FTA's that game don't you?

He basically shot 75FT% from the line.

Can we count on him to do that every night?

Also, how many of his non FT baskets were assisted? Were they straight ISO's or P&R's setup by Turk? How many came off his 6 offensive rebounds?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he probably didn't score those 40 points the way that Shaq, Hakeem, or D-Rob normally would.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight took his team to the NBA Finals OVER LeBron James & the Cavs in 09 closing them out on a 40pt 14reb game & was 3 wins away from winning an NBA title, why is Dwight being or not being a 1st option even a question?

Because Kobe right now is clearly the better player.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 am

revgen wrote:

You are aware that Dwight made 16 out of his 19 FTA's that game don't you?

Also, how many of his non FT baskets were assisted? Were they straight ISO's or P&R's setup by Turk? How many came off his 6 offensive rebounds?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he probably didn't score those 40 points the way that Shaq, Hakeem, or D-Rob would.

One game doesn't take you to the finals buddy, I'm talking overall play, went through the Cavs & won at least 1 Finals game, something Shaq didn't do in Orlando, or even LeBron vs the Spurs...

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Because Kobe right now is clearly the better player.

Maybe he should share the spotlight and stop shooting so much to give Dwight confidence, this is in no way Kobe-Shaq type of ball, and it should be...

GoldenKnight

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he probably didn't score those 40 points the way that Shaq, Hakeem, or D-Rob would.

One game doesn't take you to the finals buddy, I'm talking overall play, went through the Cavs & won at least 1 Finals game, something Shaq didn't do in Orlando, or even LeBron vs the Spurs...

You brought up that 1 game. Not me.

His overall play on the defensive end definitely helped to beat Lebron and the Cavs and win a Finals game. That doesn't make him a 1st option player.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

revgen wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:

His overall play on the defensive end definitely helped to beat Lebron and the Cavs and win a Finals game. That doesn't make him a 1st option player.

and get through the 1st & 2nd round as well, beating the Cavs was "impossible" for the Magic as fans put it before the series bega yet they did it, if he wasn't the 1st option, who was???

GoldenKnight

Postby kenzo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

This team has 99 problems but... you know how it goes.
kenzo

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:

and get through the 1st & 2nd round as well, beating the Cavs was "impossible" for the Magic as fans put it before the series bega yet they did it, if he wasn't the 1st option, who was???

Turkoglu. He was the 3rd leading scorer and the leading assist man on that squad. Basically a point-forward. Sometimes he'd go to Dwight or he'd go to Lewis depending upon what the situation was. Sometimes he'd get his own. Was Lewis the 1st option when he scored 34 points in game 1 against us? Or 29 points against Philly or 28 points against Boston? Lewis averaged 19ppg during the 2009 postseason. Dwight averaged 20ppg. Hedo averaged 16ppg. The difference between the 3 of them was minimal at best. Dwight was no Shaq, Hakeem, or D-Rob.

The Magic's constant was their defense. And that's where Howard consistently provided impact.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 am

With Dwight's activity and his dunks you'd think he was 100% or close to it. When you see his post ups you know hes not. Doesn't have that explosion on post ups and hangtime like he used to. So until we see that Kobe is the 1st option. BUT i do think that Kobe needs to understand that he cant win without Dwight and needs to get him going with something better than a post up. Needs to create something for him and facilitate with Dwight moving to the basket or with him already underneath it.

Guys including Dwight have to move without the ball.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 am

revgen wrote:
Turkoglu. He was the 3rd leading scorer and the leading assist man on that squad. Basically a point-forward. Sometimes he'd go to Dwight or he'd go to Lewis depending upon what the situation was. Sometimes he'd get his own. Was Lewis the 1st option when he scored 34 points in game 1 against us? Or 29 points against Philly or 28 points against Boston? Lewis averaged 19ppg during the 2009 postseason. Dwight averaged 20ppg. Hedo averaged 16ppg. The difference between the 3 of them was minimal at best. Dwight was no Shaq, Hakeem, or D-Rob.

The Magic's constant was their defense. And that's where Howard consistently provided impact.

Turkoglu took this team to the finals ey? Well, that's a first...Turk was important to that team in terms of distributing and scoring, but in no way shape or form did he rebound, defend, and score more than Howard who clearly was the most important man in that squad that lead them to the finals, Dwight was no Robin I'll tell you that much.

GoldenKnight

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 am

Dwight is going to leave and I can't blame him ... Kobe's Tyson Chandler :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:

Turkoglu took this team to the finals ey? Well, that's a first...Turk was important to that team in terms of distributing and scoring, but in no way shape or form did he rebound, defend, and score more than Howard, clearly was the most important man in that squad that lead them to the finals, Dwight was no Robin I'll tell you that much.

No.

As I've said above, the Magic's constant was their defense. They were a defensive-minded team. Which made Dwight their leader overall.

Turkoglu was the 1st option on offense. The offense ran through him. He'd decide where the team was going to go to get it's points. Whether it was through him, Lewis, Dwight or somebody else.

That changed in later years. And it wasn't too successful. Especially in 2011 against the Hawks.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby charvin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 am

I agree with this, IMO. Stan Van Gundy dictated each player's roles prior to their games and stuck a note on each player's locker. I remember well that Turkoglu was to pretty much be the distributor/scorer (attributing to him being the leading assist man, I suppose). Dwight's role was to just simply play defense and rebound.

revgen wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
revgen wrote:

Turkoglu took this team to the finals ey? Well, that's a first...Turk was important to that team in terms of distributing and scoring, but in no way shape or form did he rebound, defend, and score more than Howard, clearly was the most important man in that squad that lead them to the finals, Dwight was no Robin I'll tell you that much.

No.

As I've said above, the Magic's constant was their defense. They were a defensive-minded team. Which made Dwight their leader overall.

Turkoglu was the 1st option on offense. The offense ran through him. He'd decide where the team was going to go to get it's points. Whether it was through him, Lewis, Dwight or somebody else.

That changed in later years. And it wasn't too successful. Especially in 2011 against the Hawks.
charvin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 am

Man some of you really remind me why I don't like coming here after loses. Unfortunately we've had a lot of those this season, so it's difficult to remember coming here after a win.

Look, the man is frustrated just like everybody else. But he played a great game, he continues to give his all for this team, and he's doing a good job. He had close to a 20/20 game last night didn't he? His free throw shooting remains a problem, but that's on the coaching staff to come up with ways to limit his time on the line.

It wasn't on him that we lost.

And please stop with the childish whining about how he's going to leave. There's a lot of season left for Christ's sake. Let's let our guys get healthy and show us a legitimate product before we start crying about the season being over and Dwight leaving.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

Dwight had a good game; 19 pts, 20 rebounds and even made his FT's down the stretch. He'll get better once we get Nash back; whenever that is...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

“@forumbluegold: The one play I'd like to see is the high P&R w/ Dwight, the swing pass to the wing, then a quick entry to Dwight after the dive.”
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

^ Bread and butter of Orlando? Yeah. That'd be nice. But Orlando had 4 shooters on the floor with him at all times to space things properly. Two in the corners, two up top. The doubles HAVE to come from very specific locations.

Unless we had a team of (maybe?) Meeks, Kobe, Jamison... Artest?... on the floor, that play isn't going to work very well. They'll just collapse and we'll have 4 guys outside and one inside being guarded 5-1.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Bread and butter of Orlando? Yeah. That'd be nice. But Orlando had 4 shooters on the floor with him at all times to space things properly. Two in the corners, two up top. The doubles HAVE to come from very specific locations.

Unless we had a team of (maybe?) Meeks, Kobe, Jamison... Artest?... on the floor, that play isn't going to work very well. They'll just collapse and we'll have 4 guys outside and one inside being guarded 5-1.

Dwight
Jamison
Kobe
Meeks
Nash (when he gets back)
Center Court

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have struggled to begin the 12-13 NBA season, but Dwight Howard seems to already have decided which team he will sign with as a free agent this summer.

"I know," said Howard when asked if he knows which team he will play with next season.

Howard was also asked whether he and Kobe Bryant can coexist.

"Why can't we coexist?" Howard asked. "Because we're opposites? I thought opposites attract.

"You know why we can play well together? Kobe knows how hard I work and that I'm all about championships. We're also entertainers, and for the two hours and 20 minutes that people come to a game they want to be entertained."
Via T.J. Simers/Los Angeles Times
XXIV

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm

lol is that a good or bad sign
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba