D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

themasterphil wrote:http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/110212shootaround
watch dwight on 2.40.......its just hilarious....after this one I am not worried about lakers any more....they will be fine.....

LMAO!

Also, 2:55: "Flashblacks". :man10: :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dratini927 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh Dwight. :man10:
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

themasterphil wrote:http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/110212shootaround
watch dwight on 2.40.......its just hilarious....after this one I am not worried about lakers any more....they will be fine.....

:man10: that's a good one
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Weak chest and shoulders. Meh.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Mike Bresnahan: Dwight Howard's solution for Nash's absence: "I've been working on my guard skills. 'Tragic Johnson,' that's what they'll call me."

Ding witnesses Dwight's wise-"cracks" in this account:
Two games in, and we know this much:
No one has to tell Dwight Howard, even in this new job with clearly heightened pressures, to turn his frown upside down.

Howard's response to the Lakers' 0-2 start remains all rear ends, rainbows and sunshine.
"It'll all come together at the right time," Howard said late Wednesday night in the locker room after the Lakers got blown off the court in Portland.

Before that, Howard turned on some pleasant music so he could groove in front of his locker while he got dressed, his teammates all already long gone to the bus. Before that, he asked a Lakers staffer if hitting his free throws meant he could have his Halloween candy. Then he asked again. And again.
Before that, Howard mooned a TV cameraman whom he suspected of having his camera on while Howard had his underwear halfway down. Howard responded by sticking his rear end farther out, saying: "I've got a wide shot for you." And he giggled.

Is that an improper reaction to the Lakers' start? Well, the only proper reaction is one that is true to the individual.

So it fits that Kobe Bryant did his best to keep his bubbling within the pot and Pau Gasol simply tried to make sense if it – though both of them, despite knowing how long these seasonal title journeys are, frankly are feeling more impatient than Howard and Steve Nash.

Bryant and Gasol have wasted the past two seasons and are ready for this to work as soon as possible, especially as they carry over their individual high levels of play from summer Olympic success.
Metta World Peace? He responded to loss in Portland by cutting his toenails – and from all the scraps strewn in front of his locker, they sure did need cutting.

Asked about the Lakers' lack of development, World Peace was reassuring. "It'll happen," World Peace said. And he beamed.

These are the Lakers' defensive leaders – World Peace and Howard – and though Howard was accountable in that he did say he needed to help his teammates better, you could certainly argue that their lack of urgency is a reason half of Lakers fans want to punch the spectacles right off Mike Brown's head.
Brown definitely should have better conveyed the need for defensive urgency early in the season, and it does not reflect well on him that there has been such basic confusion regarding defensive effort and fundamentals in the first two games.

The idea that he's a loon for trying to put in this new read-and-react offense, though, is way off base.
If you're bashing the decision to put in this offense for the greater championship good, you're indirectly arguing that the Bulls' and Lakers' use of the read-and-react triangle offense was irrelevant to their smashing success. The Lakers will be far harder for opposing defenses to stop come playoff time with this sort of open-ended offense, which still does begin with Nash having the right to run pick-and-roll plays with Howard whenever he wants.

The reality is that teams installing new offenses, in any sport, often struggle mightily with them. Nash has so far been too hesitant to go for what he knows, wanting to grow the offense and help others because he is just about the greatest team guy there has ever been.

Yes, Nash is a better point guard than those Bulls and Lakers teams had – but he's 38 and breakable, as we already see with his bruised left leg, besides the fact that he played only 31½ minutes per game last season. (That's 16½ minutes of game time the Suns had to live without Nash, for you non-math gurus, and I doubt many of you are itching to turn the Lakers offense over to Steve Blake for 16½ minutes per game this season.)

Nash was already starting to be more aggressive to start the game in Portland, though it was always a misguided notion to think that he's ready or willing to do the "Monster Nash" on this Halloween. Nash is on board with all of this, as certainly are Bryant and Gasol.

And if Howard is questioning Brown's decision-making on anything, it's his fashion. Before the loss in Portland, Howard was wondering how much effort Brown puts in before practice to color-coordinate his sweater vests with his shorts, shoes and even eyeglass frames. Howard also pulled up a photo on his phone of himself last Halloween, when he dressed as a homeless man at Orlando's Universal Studios – a big beard and a sign: "Will dance for food." (Note to Kobe, whose social crusade is to fight homelessness: Dwight did note that he was rather amazed by how rude people were toward him until some started to notice what a tall homeless man he was, what ridiculously broad shoulders he had and how much he might well be Dwight Howard.)

Howard also spent noticeable time before the game in Portland wishing all the Lakers had dressed up in some team Halloween costume, doing a fine impression of Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person and ... farting. Former Howard teammate Glen Davis told The Orlando Sentinel's Josh Robbins a month ago: "The thing we're going to miss most about Dwight is his farting ability."
Rear ends, rainbows and sunshine.

"We're hitting a couple obstacles, but that's fine," Howard said after the game. "L.A. wasn't built in a day." Almost as soon as the words were out of his mouth, Howard was grinning and asking reporters to rate his twist on the cliché: "Like that one?!"

All this is fine for now, but if the losing continues, I'm not sure I would find this behavior funny.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 pm

I never liked Howard and i think he's a clown and not funny. I couldn't care less all that if he brings it on the court though. I don't think i will ever like him but i can live with that if he's a beast in what he does best, defend and rebound.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 pm

He has a LONG way to go defensively
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

The man had 5 blocks last night, it's not like he's not exerting pressure on that end. The defensive woes are not because of him, it's because of the scheme we're running and the lack of in game adjustments being made.

Howard has looked very good when he's been allowed to play. Unfortunately teams know that if they just run into Howard and fall down they'll get calls. If the league were really watching flopping this season, they should start with how teams act around Howard. And World Peace for that matter.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm

I might have said this before, but Dwight is a beast, just ridiculous.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 pm

His lower body still needs to catch up with his upper body. Needs the legs to dunk the ball. Usual D12 dunks, are layups or Pau like putbacks. Keep on chuggin' D12. :jam2:

Dude is still crazy good though. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 pm

This man's game is so fun to watch. Not just talent, but constant work. He's just killing the court every night. In 33 minutes the man scored 28 points on 12-14 shots. Not to mention he threw in there 3 blocks too.

This guy should average 3 blocks a night pretty easily. Just insane.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Just stay out of foul trouble and we'll be fine .... next game against Jefferson/Kanter should be interesting
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Brilliant outing. Very efficient, played great on both ends.
FTs are still an issue, but that was expected. Hopefully he keeps improving.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Nowhere near himself and he's putting up these numbers. What will he do when he is himself. Dwight today said he's not gonna be 100% until midseason.

Can't wait
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Can he get some sort of waiver from the basketball gods to get just one more coach fired?

Jimmy would literally drop kick Potato out of a window if Dwight even hinted that he wanted him gone.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 pm

last stand wrote:Nowhere near himself and he's putting up these numbers. What will he do when he is himself. Dwight today said he's not gonna be 100% until midseason.

Can't wait

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm

:man1:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm

It was nice to see us getting the ball into the bigs tonight. And doing it without turning the ball over too much. I hope this isn't a one game outing.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Serious question:

We've all seen Dwight's Baby Mama right? ....

I'm talking the 10-est of 10's...

Yeah she's hot. Of course. Maybe it's just me though but I thought the shots of her preening in front of the mirror taking the photos herself were a turn off.... waaaay too full of herself. Just saying. I bet that gal in Vegas you had the wonderful evening with the night the Lakers beat Boston in game 7 wasn't like that.... all full of herself. You said she was great....easy conversation.
LTLakerFan

Postby Tragic on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 am

I loved his honestly about not having his legs under him yet. Can't wait to see him return to 100 percent
Tragic

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 am

Another Great Game Dwight! #BeastMode
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:39 am

Its actually funny...

people were saying "why would anyone trade a healthy Bynum for an injured Dwight Howard" and "Bynum will start the season on the court and Dwight will be on the bench in a suit"...

now you see exactly why it was a no brainer to trade Bynum for Dwight. Dwight is putting up big numbers before Bynum even gets in shape....some things never change ~2Pac~

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:09 am

As I said in the gameday thread: people might say that Dwight's offensive game is not refined etc. But the guy is a great scorer. Sometimes his moves look awkward, but he can put the ball into the hoop. He is very strong, gets contact, goes up and somehow he still finishes around the rim. He can easily score 25 ppg, we just need to feed him the ball.

#10 scorer in the league shooting 69%. :man3:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am

Dwight's good offensive games so far have come against undersized bigs (Monroe, Hickson) or guys who don't play D (Curry). Granted he was in foul trouble against the Clips, but the size of Deandre and Hollins (both are 7 feet) did give him more pause than usual.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard