D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (Hack-a-Dwight)

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:23 am

We're lucky we shot so well from 3 tonight. If we're going to put up a bunch of 3's, we need to be playing inside out. That goes against D'antoni's beleifs though so I don't completely blame the players.
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 am

even though nash is out we should still run pnr role with dwight and kobe or even dwight and duhon. dwight cant be a deandre jordan role for us. he needs pnr and more movement. post ups isnt gunna cut it like it did for bynum. he flourished with movement which is his advantage over most centers. run it with kobe and duhon
Ariza3

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 am

Can People Please Check Out This Thread and watch My Dwight Mix, Please http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-multimedia-f72/dwight-howard-man-steel-t136576.html
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby frankrj on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 am

Told you people. -
Bynum last years through 60 games : 18pt, 11reb, 1.9bk, 55% fg (13 fg A) in 35 min per game.
Howard this year so far : 18pt, 11reb, 2.7bk, 58%fg (11 fg A) in 36 min per game.
Its kind of the same numbers. EXCEPT His Free Throws are $&%T That Stank
frankrj

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 am

Fishing for eProps? I banged on the Bynum drum as much as anyone, but he might never suit up again. And he sure wouldn't have helped us so far.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 am

I don't know why people are still comparing Bynum vs. Howard. If we kept Bynum this year, WE DON'T HAVE A CENTER RIGHT NOW OR THIS SEASON.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 am

frankrj wrote:Told you people. -
Bynum last years through 60 games : 18pt, 11reb, 1.9bk, 55% fg (13 fg A) in 35 min per game.
Howard this year so far : 18pt, 11reb, 2.7bk, 58%fg (11 fg A) in 36 min per game.

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 am

therealdeal wrote:
frankrj wrote:Told you people. -

:man10:

kinda of the same except one isn't even playing :man10:
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 am

blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight needs to be our first option, Kobe has got to stop shooting so damn much

So you want them to force feed Dwight in the post so he can repeatedly get stripped or fouled so he can brick free throws? Not a smart idea bro. Not to mention D'Antoni hates the post and would literally do away with it entirely if he could. He'd have a stroke watching Dwight average 8 turnovers a game. At least with Kobe Bryant, he gets to see his pet system with a high screen roll at the top of the key while everyone else camps at the 3 point line.

A smarter idea would be to do something similar to the Knicks. Their offense still utilizes the pick and roll but it's much more varied and less predictable than 3 guys standing around while 1 guy screens and the other guy "probes". They don't have a guy handling the ball 100% of the tim e which limits their turnovers. They have a higher offensive rating than the Lakers with a lower pace so they have more energy to play defense, which they also have a higher defensive rating.

Instead of "probing" and taking what the defense gives them, they force the defense to focus on 3-4 players at once. Too bad D'Antoni is too stubborn to do it.
Greatest of All Time

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Dwight getting fouled is better than Kobe throwin up bad long distance shots. As you can see it would help Kobe get to the free throw line
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight needs to be our first option, Kobe has got to stop shooting so damn much

Dwight hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he's a #1 option on offense.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I wouldn't say Dwight has to be the first option, but if they made a team offense rule that the ball had to be given to Dwight at least once every position before a shot could be taken, I would LOVE it.

That's the way we have to play if we're going to rely on the 3 more. Dwight is the best player in the league to play inside out with.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:I wouldn't say Dwight has to be the first option, but if they made a team offense rule that the ball had to be given to Dwight at least once every position before a shot could be taken, I would LOVE it.

That's the way we have to play if we're going to rely on the 3 more. Dwight is the best player in the league to play inside out with.

Unless you are Luke Walton and Richard Jefferson....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

revgen wrote:

Dwight hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he's a #1 option on offense.

Disagree. IMO he's shown that he's a guy you can dump the ball into and good things happen. his only issue is getting stripped or missing the free throws, but he has impressed me with the post game- then again, I wasn't expecting much. At the very least, it forces other teams to sag off our shooters.

Kobe taking 33 shots while Dwight gets under 10 can't happen. D12 should be at 15-18 per game. Off of that, he'll get us 16-20. Then some put backs created off of O Boards, he's looking at 20 or so. If he can hit 5/12 free throws, he can average closer to 30. Seeing Dwight at 18ppg is no where near enough.
Center Court

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 pm

I don't know. Dwight's offensive game is pretty unimpressive. It's definitely sporadic.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Center Court wrote:
revgen wrote:

Disagree. IMO he's shown that he's a guy you can dump the ball into and good things happen. his only issue is getting stripped or missing the free throws, but he has impressed me with the post game- then again, I wasn't expecting much. At the very least, it forces other teams to sag off our shooters.

Kobe taking 33 shots while Dwight gets under 10 can't happen. D12 should be at 15-18 per game. Off of that, he'll get us 16-20. Then some put backs created off of O Boards, he's looking at 20 or so. If he can hit 5/12 free throws, he can average closer to 30. Seeing Dwight at 18ppg is no where near enough.

Dwight's postup game is elementary at best. He does the basics like sealing his man pretty well. But after that, it's sporadic. His hooks don't have any "hook" to them. He tries to bulldoze his man on the block more than he uses footwork to get a better angle. He generally relies on athleticism and size to get his shots to go down in the post. Add that to his FT issues and constantly being stripped, he's not the kind of person you want to be a #1 guy. #2 guy would be more appropriate.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm

My favorite play of last night from D12 was.....

When he was making a post move, had absolutely no balance, spun back baseline and fell down. :man10:
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:28 pm

i miss bynum. not for his play or anything dwight related but lets be real.

bynum was awesome comedic relief. dwight tries to be funny, but drew just does it by acting like himself. he's a walking comedy reel

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Comedic relief from what? Winning games?

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby dak22 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I don't know why people are still comparing Bynum vs. Howard. If we kept Bynum this year, WE DON'T HAVE A CENTER RIGHT NOW OR THIS SEASON.

To play devils advocate, the reason people bring this debate up is because Bynum at his best last year wasn't worthy to be handed the keys to the franchise. Hence he was dealt for someone who we thought was capable.

However, Howard's play right now, while decent, is a sideways step from Bynum's play last season and in some cases worse (FT%). That is not acceptable if he wants to lead a team to the promised land in the future; heck, it's arguable if his play right now can help us win the chip currently even when everyone is back.

He needs to step up. His effort and body language right now doesn't scream to me someone who is focused on winning the chip. To be fair, he isn't 100% healthy, but that's no excuse to let utah froncourt play like they did last night and the team be 9-12 at this point (something even the rudy t/mike brown lakers didn't accomplish).

He has to take a better leadership role, stop this smiling crap and play better. He needs to show he is willing to evolve his game to the heights needed to join the greats.

The lakers expected a franchise center to lead them in the future when they traded bynum for him; they didn't want another bynum back with worse freethrow shooting. If that's the case, then the lakers would be better tanking with bynum sitting out; they might as well get a head start looking for a person capable of leading the franchise, because howard as he is, even when healthy, is going to lead it nowhere once kobe is gone.
dak22

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm

lol don't be so defensive. dwight is not the reason we are losing. pau has regressed even further and our PG situation managed to get worse even after getting steve nash.

kobe is about the same and ron is every now and then just like last season. Meeks and jamison are the only real improvements but jamison's addition is offset by the incredible decline of pau.

Hill wasn't playing with d'antoni, and with brown our rotations were hilarious. lets not make this a Dwight is at fault for our losses which by your reaction seems like you were itching to do

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 pm

once Nash gets back Dwight's ppg will go up. take all of those ISO post ups the Dwight has been doing lately and replace those with PnR dunks/layups/FT's. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about our D and hopefully this road trip the guys come together and play for eachother as a team instead of for themselves...Kobe.
Ariza3

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Dwight isn't close to 100 percent and he's giving us what Bynum gave us at 100 percent last season. You have to factor in playing with a guy like Kobe. When you play with a guy like that and you're not getting as many shots of course your numbers are gonna be down a little bit. Also playing with Pau who is another seven footer is the reason why his rebounding numbers have slipped. In Orlando he played with Ryan Andersen who was camped out at the three point line so he really didn't have much competition on the boards.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 am

D12 isn't 1st option material but he still needs more touches ( not just straight post up touches though , PNR/lobs off penetration) we need more balance and less Kobe ball
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard