D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 pm

I hope D12 didn't tell Vanessa Bryant that he loves hunting little Mexican girls.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
I asked Dwight Howard if the Lakers liked each other. He said, "We have play like we like each other."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Dwight: "Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, when we step in between the lines, we have to respect each other."

Dwight: "It really starts off the court. I think you have to have that relationship and that chemistry off the court."
Expand

Somebody doesn't like somebody and that problem needs to be fixed.

thats pretty shocking. clips okc heat all those guys are friends off the court and it shows on the court. that is the level we need to be at. leaders need to step up and guys need to make efforts to build chemistry. this makes me worry that this team isnt gunna work out in the end if they still have no chemistry on and off the court.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 pm

revgen wrote:I hope D12 didn't tell Vanessa Bryant that he loves hunting little Mexican girls.

The Mailman was looking to deliver :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenChocobo on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Please stop getting stripped in the paint.
GoldenChocobo

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
I asked Dwight Howard if the Lakers liked each other. He said, "We have play like we like each other."

Dwight: "Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, when we step in between the lines, we have to respect each other."

Dwight: "It really starts off the court. I think you have to have that relationship and that chemistry off the court."
Expand

yup...this season is done...the ultimate nightmare is happening right before our eyes
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm

I have a feeling it's a Kobe v Dwight thing, unfortunately.

I hope it's a Gasol, Morris, Ebanks cancer thing so those guys can be shipped. :man1:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Last edited by LOSLAKERS on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOSLAKERS

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Safe to assume it's Kobe he's talking about? Probably mad at his lack of touches but he needs to realize he has 1 damn post move and can't hit a freethrow to save his life. Also, he's not on Orlando anymore.

I don't see anyone who really has a big personality that Dwight would be clashing with - except maybe MWP?
LOSLAKERS

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Punk-101 wrote:I have a feeling it's a Kobe v Dwight thing, unfortunately.

I hope it's a Gasol, Morris, Ebanks cancer thing so those guys can be shipped. :man1:

I mentioned that on the last page about what I perceived as a veiled jab at Kobe ... if there is a problem on the team it is between those two. Who else can it be?

Howard wants to be friends ... he wants buddies. I don't see Kobe being that way at all. Maybe the Lakers could bring in a buddy for Howard.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby SK8 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:I have a feeling it's a Kobe v Dwight thing, unfortunately.

I mentioned that on the last page about what I perceived as a veiled jab at Kobe ... if there is a problem on the team it is between those two. Who else can it be?

Howard wants to be friends ... he wants buddies. I don't see Kobe being that way at all. Maybe the Lakers could bring in a buddy for Howard.

Perfect buddy for Dwight is Josh Smith.

The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:07 pm

if Mitch can do pau + whoever Morris Ebanks Clark Duhon etc for Smith that would be unreal. Dwight and Smith would be super happy. Kobe bc he'd have defense and awesome O. Nash feedin someone whose aggressive. Dantoni having a 4 hitting 3's as well as supr aggressive in the post.
Ariza3

Postby kenzo on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm

^ Smith hitting 3's? :man3: You need to watch him some more :man5:
kenzo

Postby havoc33 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Expand

Told ya. Dwight and Kobe's personalities don't mesh at all. Dwight wants to hang out, be loved, goof around.. all the things Kobe couldn't care less about. If they don't start winning soon, this will be a disaster of a season. And Dwight is a complete idiot for going to the press with this. Once again he can't keep that stupid mouth of his shut. It's one thing not to be media savvy, but this guy continues to stupid decisions. :bang: The media will have a field day with this.
havoc33

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

can't Nash be his buddy?
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Janine Garcia wrote:can't Nash be his buddy?

Yes but he is an older buddy, you think Nash is going to want to play NBA 2k13 with Dwight? If Nash would even consider playing X-Box 360, it would be to play FIFA 13 & I don't think Dwight would be up for that match up.

GoldenKnight

Postby 432J on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:47 pm

it's obviously kobe and dwight

like someone said earlier. dwight has that happy go lucky attitude while kobe just wants to win and it doesn't mix well at all
432J

Postby Weezy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Dwight is clearly not "happy" as a Laker right now. His interviews are always gloomy or have cryptic answers like in that first quote above, and he very rarely looks to be excited, pumped up, intense, whatever you want to call it, on the court. I agree that it seems to be Dwight and Kobe not getting along, but what do we do about that? I'd take a 35 year old Kobe over a still unproven Dwight if we were forced to choose, or I guess Kobe could baby Dwight so he'll stay, or maybe Dwight could not be such a sensitive wuss.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:11 pm

kenzo wrote:^ Smith hitting 3's? :man3: You need to watch him some more :man5:

well i actually have been watching his games. and fyi hes been drilling them this season and all are not forced shots. its becoming more of a part of his offense as he still dominates in the post and closer to the hoop unlike pau who is now taking more 3's than shots in the post.

pau 33% in 21 attempts. 7-21. the most 3's hes ever made in his entire career and close to 27 which is the most attempts in his entire career.

josh smith is at 37% in 54 attempts this season. 20-54. highest % of his career. higher % than meeks and metta incase youre wondering who are now at 36% and 35% respectively.

:man3: :man5:
Ariza3

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm

I know it's not going to happen ... but hypothetically, what could we get in a Dwight trade if it started to become clear that he was unhappy here? I feel like someone would be willing to rent him, and that we'd probably be able to get enough pieces to at least make us a better team than we are right now.
Helljumper

Postby The Rock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I dont know wtf hes talking about. He sounds really unhappy. Just STFU and play. SMDH

Twitter.com/RamonaShelburne

Dwight: "If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male. Just be who you are."

Dwight: "It's not about making your mark or going around pissing everywhere. You don't have to do that."

Dwight: "My presence is felt every day and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people."

Dwight: "They [teammates] like when I come in, have fun, and enjoy myself. If they can't do it, it's not a great working environment."

B4 u freak out over Dwight's ''alpha male" quotes, he was speaking generally. Can't conclude he's talking about Kobe. Tho one has to wonder

Here's the context: Kobe spoke first today. We relayed his quotes to Dwight. Then asked him generally if he saw himself as an alpha male

Dwight asked me to define "alpha male" behavior. I said: "It's a dominant, everybody get out of my way, I'm the man attitude"

Dwight said: "That's not being an alpha male. If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male."

Like last stand mentioned he has some of those Lebron qualities hes not healing up well and his physical tools so far have abandoned him in the recovery process. Not handling that physical adversity well and hes being a little b1tch about it.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby SK8 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Just watched practise report on lakers.com, Dwight is acting very strange....
I got a felling like he is crying inside, and also i notice that after every post game interview when we lose.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm stunned that Dwight actually said that stuff. I don't see how anyone could read that and not think Kobe immediately, so ya can't believe he said it. My question, is why the whining, why say this publicly now? Also, Kobe's way of approaching things has led to 2 championships with him as the main guy, and 3 more as the co-star, and Dwight hasn't won s***, so he really shouldn't be talking about having fun and enjoying himself as a recipe for success. Kobe wants to win, it drives him,if that makes Dwight upset and sad maybe he should get the hell over it and play ball, or get the hell out of town because I want players who put winning first here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, that certainly explains a lot of things.

We have the talent and experience to be a very good team DESPITE the pieces not being optimal for MDA's system. Chemistry issues that stem from personality rifts are toxic to performing on the court.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Dwight is just speaking his mind, it's evident the Lakers aren't having fun & that's why they're not winning, every game seems tense and the only games where they share the ball is when they're a completely different team. Nothing wrong with him stating his opinion, but if he is talking that way he better step it up and show why he needs the ball. So far, he gets stripped way too much & his post game isn't the best, I understand he is injured but it is what it is for now.

GoldenKnight

Postby kenzo on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Winning cures everything... too bad we're not doing that. I think we're in for a rude awakening and not so bright future :man6:
kenzo

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard