D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: leading the league in rebounding

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:43 pm

revgen wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed.

He's got no footwork, poor fundamentals, bad hands, no touch on his shot, he can't play off the ball and he can't score in the post consistently. He doesn't really even set very good screens. Then to top off all of that, he can't hit free throws. I'm not buying the back recovery excuse anymore. Outside of 3 or 4 games, the dude has played like a scrub trapped in the body of a Greek god. At this point, I DGAF if he bolts.

What's weirder is that our outside shooting this season is better than it was last season. I can't imagine how bad D12 would have been on last seasons' team.

1. Nash makes Fish look real good on D.
2. Pau is ever slower than he was last year. Pretty much turnstyle now.
3. Our bad offense creates great offense for the opposing team. Brown slowed it down and hid our defensive flaws. Antoni, speeds it up, emphasizing our flaws.

That's it in a nutshell.
borri

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:44 pm

revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Dwight looks great when he's got a team built around him and he's surrounded by spot up shooters. With this roster he's been very exposed.

He's got no footwork, poor fundamentals, bad hands, no touch on his shot, he can't play off the ball and he can't score in the post consistently. He doesn't really even set very good screens. Then to top off all of that, he can't hit free throws. I'm not buying the back recovery excuse anymore. Outside of 3 or 4 games, the dude has played like a scrub trapped in the body of a Greek god. At this point, I DGAF if he bolts.

What's weirder is that our outside shooting this season is better than it was last season. I can't imagine how bad D12 would have been on last seasons' team.

well we have less defense this season. (somehow), we are running a worse offense for a center (somehow) and kobe is shooting more (understandably)

not that hard to figure it out

The offense last year wasn't exactly great for a center. No shooters. No man movement. No ball movement. No PG. Everybody standing around.

But at least we made a point of getting the damn ball in there. Here, we have Howard screening 17ft from the damn basket.
borri

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

player-wise? no. actualy system-wise? by far. we ran a 4-out 1-in offense. we actually slowed the game down and gave the ball to the center. kobe and co threw the ball in much more often.

TBH had mike brown stuck with last seasons offensive system with this roster we probably would have a better record.

the princeton was a bad fit for nash, and this d'antoni system is a fail for howard, pau, and kobe

also in the princeton dwight was playing pretty well if anyone remembers.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

last stand wrote:player-wise? no. actualy system-wise? by far. we ran a 4-out 1-in offense. we actually slowed the game down and gave the ball to the center. kobe and co threw the ball in much more often.

TBH had mike brown stuck with last seasons offensive system with this roster we probably would have a better record.

the princeton was a bad fit for nash, and this d'antoni system is a fail for howard, pau, and kobe

also in the princeton dwight was playing pretty well if anyone remembers.

I remember. That's why I was baffled at the Antoni hire. Baffled beyond belief.

Why would the FO want to cater to a 38 year old Nash and NOT the BIG off-season acquisition they made in D12.
borri

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 am

Jarrod N Rudolph
1 Like
The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.
Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that the seven-time All-Star still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King has kept a close eye on the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or compliment Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was hurt when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

Not this crap again. :bang: :bang:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 am

^^^^ oh god

I guess if we feel Dwight is walking, Kevin Love is good return. That said, where is he walking to?

Brooklyn can't sign him. CP3 is going to stay a Clipper. Josh Smith wants out of ATL. And Dallas is less talented than we are.

I still see Dwight as staying here and in free agency with claims he wants to turn this around and thinks this is still a contender.
Center Court

Postby Mr. Bryant on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:25 am

Rudoplh? Looks like Dwight is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] again.
Mr. Bryant

Postby last stand on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

The nets have nothing to offer and I don't see the Kevin love deal working out. I'd rather just let him walk than take on more crap contracts
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 am

Well if Rudolph is talking then it seems Dwight has officially become unhappy.

We need to cater to him dammit. The guy can still walk at the end of the season and honestly I wouldn't blame him. We look like s***.

I just don't understand why we haven't shaken it up. Why haven't we done what we need to do to make this team wake the f*** up? We're letting 100 million dollars go down the drain and possibly allowing our future investment to just walk away as well.

Wake the f*** up Mitch and Co.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 am

This is exactly how I feel. He has relied on his athleticism to hide his poor fundamentals. I'm sure healthy has something to do with it; but his effort has been suspect in some games. He has looked mentally checked out at times. Quite frankly, I don't think he could taking playing in a market where we have such high expectations and when things are not going well, the pressure can get to you. I don't think he's built like that.

I never thought he would leave, but he might if things continue to get worse. At this point, I really don't care. I seriously don't want to through the rumors of whether he will leave or stay in the 2nd half of the season; unfortunately, it's already starting...
Last edited by dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 am

borri wrote:
revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:

well we have less defense this season. (somehow), we are running a worse offense for a center (somehow) and kobe is shooting more (understandably)

not that hard to figure it out

The offense last year wasn't exactly great for a center. No shooters. No man movement. No ball movement. No PG. Everybody standing around.

But at least we made a point of getting the damn ball in there. Here, we have Howard screening 17ft from the damn basket.

That's because our last center didn't get the ball stripped on almost every postup possession.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 am

^ Yep. Dwight acts like throwing the ball to him on the majority of our possessions is the answer, but honestly it's pretty hard to watch him work down there. He either gets stripped or throws up an ugly shot.

It still comes down to defense, and it doesn't seem like Dwight or any of the players get it.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 am

there is no way you can trade him, you're not gona get good value, #1 no one has anything we want that Howard would be willing to go to, i.e. BK. They can try and bring all the 3rd team in all they want but nobody is going to offer any good value for Lopez on a max contract. We'd be better off letting Howard walk then take on Lopez our self, imagine 2 snails with Pau/Lopez as our bigs :man6: . 2ndly whoever we try to trade him to outside of BK will surely not give up anything due to the uncertainty of his resigning. Bottom line we're gona get pennies on the dollar, probably worse value then Bynum with his jack up knees, at least in his case teams know they "might" not have to offer him max money now with his injury problems.
khmrP

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 am

therealdeal wrote:Well if Rudolph is talking then it seems Dwight has officially become unhappy.

We need to cater to him dammit. The guy can still walk at the end of the season and honestly I wouldn't blame him. We look like s***.

I just don't understand why we haven't shaken it up. Why haven't we done what we need to do to make this team wake the f*** up? We're letting 100 million dollars go down the drain and possibly allowing our future investment to just walk away as well.

Wake the f*** up Mitch and Co.

what do you want to see?

trading Pau isn't bringing us CP3 anymore. Nash is a good fit with Dwight. Metta/Jamison/Hill/Clark those are guys are good enough ancillary players.

If Dwight is unhappy becuase he is losing, then a big part of that burden falls on he and Kobe as the best players. If he is upset about his place in the franchise and how he is an after thought, then that is an issue with Kobe and MDA. MDA is replaceable, though he may be around for awhile.

That leaves Kobe. If Dwight is unhappy in LA, IMO it's more than losing games. It's how he feels. It's how he believes he can do more. Right now, he is second fiddle which I think was good enough for him, but he didn't realize how much a distant second fiddle he'd be.

Our moves are limited. The best move was Phil Jackson. end of stroy. Unless Cp3 become Lakers before the deadline, he is going to continue to be an afterthought.
Center Court

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am

You trade Gasol then you have 1 inside presence. No more debate , all focus is on him. He gets the attention he needs.

Not to mention young guys who will work harder which Howard will respect.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am

Pau's influence is rubbing on Dwight too...its easy to point out shot attempts when you lose because you know the media/rest of the NBA is not gonna give Kobe the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to suck it up and play better. End of story

Season not over yet. Lakers are not done yet.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am

Can we at least keep Dwight happy and give us a chance to keep him?
Kit

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 am

I think mgmt is on the ball enough to make a trade before we let him walk. Even if he doesn't stay, we'll be fine.

Surely we can find another big in the league who knows how to get stripped by guards, only gives effort when THEY want, doesnt have any post moves, has to be spoon fed easy buckets, gets fouled on the rare occasion that they have good position b/c everyone knows they are a %50 FT shooter, AND complains about getting more touches.
phoenixrisingla

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Kit wrote:Can we at least keep Dwight happy and give us a chance to keep him?

We screwed that up already by hiring Antoni.
borri

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 pm

screw dwight. he's a FRAUD

trade him ASAP before he leaves for nothing this summer. all his points come off putbacks and being fed the ball right under the hoop. his fundamentals are horrific and he's raw. he blows
432J

Postby Kit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm

We can always fire Antoni in the summer but who will be the next coach? Phil has gone to Seattle now...
Kit

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ...

Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable

Dude needs to look in the gosh damn mirror.

You get the ball......you turn it over.......you get the ball.....you get fouled and make at best 1 free throw........you get the ball and get stripped..........you get the ball and throw wild shots off the backboard.

You're getting the right amount of touches, if you got more it would be a bigger mess.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Armani on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 pm

He's mocking Kobe's shot attempts? Great leadership, Dwight. This team is a colossal mess.

I hope Mitch has put Dwight on the block. Hopefully someone overpays for him. As much as I like his D, he's more trouble than he's worth.
Armani

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ...

Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable

You get the ball......you turn it over.......you get the ball.....you get fouled and make at best 1 free throw........you get the ball and get stripped..........you get the ball and throw wild shots off the backboard.

You're getting the right amount of touches, if you got more it would be a bigger mess.

Yeah, this kinda stuff makes it hard for me to be a big Dwight fan, still not seeing him as our future.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Oh boy............Kobe won't retire. D12 this po'd already. Which means who won't re-up. Yeah, blow this up. Trade D12. Wait til Kobe retires when his K is up and start fresh.

What a heaping pile of crap this season has become.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard