D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a shoulder to cry on

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:If we shut him down you can just go ahead and count them out for the season. They won't make the playoffs.

I rather see us miss the playoffs then get the 8th seed and get swept/embarrassed. at this rate even with Howard we are gonna miss the playoffs, why not shut him down and let him heal up his body for next year? this year seems look a lost cause to me.

We are making the playoffs w/ Dwight.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Nothing is guaranteed, all the seeds through 1-6 is pretty much locked up.. with the exception of POR/UTAH/HOU who are still finding there niche, but I don't see Houston losing much ground so that makes the Lakers @ Portland game in April... the game that decides if we get in... which won't matter either way.
Ice-Fire

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

You said it. Nothing is guaranteed and you wanna give up already.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm

I think something that is broke can't be fixed.... if nothing has changed with this team till now, then it never will ... they probably need bad loses for the rest of the year to cool there heads and come back stronger for next year.
Ice-Fire

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm

NeeJee wrote:Kobe isn't human. Any judgement he makes about somebody complaining about injuries should be irrelevant. Kobe's will to play through injuries is unreal and IMO unmatched in all of sports.

How is it irrelevant when Kobe EXPECTS the same level of pain tolerance from his teammates? How is it OK that "Superman" has a lower pain threshold than Lamar Odom? :freak2:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Psychobroker wrote:
NeeJee wrote:Kobe isn't human. Any judgement he makes about somebody complaining about injuries should be irrelevant. Kobe's will to play through injuries is unreal and IMO unmatched in all of sports.

How is it irrelevant when Kobe EXPECTS the same level of pain tolerance from his teammates? How is it OK that "Superman" has a lower pain threshold than Lamar Odom? :freak2:

How is it not ok if he has a lower pain threshold? That's his body, he doesn't have to live up to what anyone else does, maybe his injury is more severe. Also, how is proven he does have a lower pain threshold anyway, he's played through the injury just like Kobe and Lamar did so far.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Well, listed as day to day so far, posted by Mike Trudell on Twitter

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Psychobroker wrote:How is it OK that "Superman" has a lower pain threshold than Lamar Odom? :freak2:

Uh... you are aware that he is not really Superman, right? :man3:

What do you mean by "how is it OK..."? It's not like he sets his threshold pain by reprogramming a chip or something. It is what it is. How is it OK for Kobe to not be at least 6-8, and 260 lbs of muscle? :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm

karacha wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:How is it OK that "Superman" has a lower pain threshold than Lamar Odom? :freak2:

Uh... you are aware that he is not really Superman, right? :man3:

really? I had no idea.. :dunce:

What do you mean by "how is it OK..."? It's not like he sets his threshold pain by reprogramming a chip or something. It is what it is. How is it OK for Kobe to not be at least 6-8, and 260 lbs of muscle? :man10:

Meh, was just looking at Kobe's expectations, his comments on similar labrum tears and how he clearly thinks Dwight needs to suck it up. Obviously, I have no idea how bad/extensive the injury is, so my criticism plays off Kobe's lofty expectations and comes with some satire...but there no doubt that Kobe expects him to just suck it up..
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Well, I mean... he is most likely going to suck it up. I would kinda expect him to, except if the doctors tell him he's really going to make it worse. But that injury does hurt. A lot. Now, Kobe is Kobe, he can play through anything. Everyone respects him for it and he's a warrior.... but I think that he is naturally able to suppress the pain pretty well. Better then most athletes for sure.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Psychobroker wrote:

Gonna have to agree with NeeJee on this one. Dude is a sociopath and his will to play through injuries is ridonkulous.

I mean he refereed to a torn labrum setback as a "stinging sensation".

stinging sensation?

Most of us would liken that to having our arm amputated. Mamba. :jam2:
Chillbongo

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm

labrum tears hurt... i've had one.... but they are tolerable.... im sure with the right trainers he could play on... but dont think.. it will be easy
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby NeeJee on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Here's the cure for that bum labrum Dwight... STOP GETTING STRIPPED
NeeJee

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Like I said, this is a whole new level of Hack-A-Dwight. Before you hack him to stop Lakers from scoring. Now you hack can hack him to take him and the defense out of the game.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Their is no excuse why Howard couldn't get 20/20 last night against a front-court consistent of Gortat/Scola/Beasley. if the Lakers are hoping this guy leads this franchise... then we better see our so-called franchise player taking advantage of mis-matches.

this is why I hope the Lakers trade Howard, I don't think he has the intelligence/will to lead this franchise.
Ice-Fire

Postby thkthebest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:Their is no excuse why Howard couldn't get 20/20 last night against a front-court consistent of Gortat/Scola/Beasley. if the Lakers are hoping this guy leads this franchise... then we better see our so-called franchise player taking advantage of mis-matches.

this is why I hope the Lakers trade Howard, I don't think he has the intelligence/will to lead this franchise.

:man3:
thkthebest

Postby scissors on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Howard is like a shiny new car we always wanted but we ended up getting lemon. I hope he steps it up more when he is healthy. But unless he gets that surgery, he will always be playing in pain and he doesn't have the mentality to play through pain like Kobe does.
scissors

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:this is why I hope the Lakers trade Howard, I don't think he has the intelligence/will to lead this franchise.

Yes. Fortunately, there are many promising young, athletic centers we can get for Dwight. Do it, Mitch!

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Mitch most likely wants to see how this road-trip goes before he makes any roster changes to the roster, but I have no idea how he can have that mind-set... because by the time the trip is over we might be out of playoff contention.
Last edited by Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice-Fire

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm

He's the messiah that will lead this franchise to 10 championships in the future. :bow:
Armani

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Doubtful, he doesn't know how to play through injuries and he has no idea rather or not he needs shoulder surgery... I think he's gonna be a bonafied superstar at the very least... but a center that brings championships? NO.
Ice-Fire

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm

I feel like every time one of our players talks to a reporter, theres a veiled slam on a teammate.

You dont hear a lot of championship teams who say that passive-aggressiveness was the key to their success.

This season sucks.
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm

I had stayed out of LD after the loss so well... Then I read this thread...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

Reason why Pau isn't going anywhere this year. Insurance Policy for Howard for when he aggravates his shoulder again in the future.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 am

thkthebest wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:Their is no excuse why Howard couldn't get 20/20 last night against a front-court consistent of Gortat/Scola/Beasley. if the Lakers are hoping this guy leads this franchise... then we better see our so-called franchise player taking advantage of mis-matches.

:man3:

20/20, while injured?? WOW.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard