D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby karacha on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I agree. He'll get bigger & stronger. At least that part was always easy for him.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sean on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm

He looks great! remember i posted here awhile ago that I had the same procedure he had. For him to be moving like that is very impressive. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he will be ready soon.
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Just seeing D12 getting contact and having someone lay/push on his back like that, while spinning to do shots, is a great sign in terms of him getting back before the regular season kicks off. A little over a month before the season starts, I can't see him missing much time.

Yep, if him being smaller/weaker is the only thing to be said, then thats fantastic news for Laker fans.

This times a zillion.

Just the little bit we saw in that video shows a LOT. Not to mention the work we saw him do in the other weight lifting video. It's going to be difficult for him to build up his legs because most great leg workouts require a strong back (squats, deadlifts, etc.). That's going to be tricky and I would imagine would be last exercise he gets cleared for.

I'm sure he's doing machine work exercises, but those aren't likely to build a lot of muscle, just tone and strengthen. If you look at his legs previously they weren't a lot thicker than what you see in the video, so he's not terribly far from where he needs to be. He'll get there soon as long as there's no setbacks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

nthydro wrote:Here's a Dwight wallpaper I just made. Let me know what you guys think. Click the link for full size HD resolution (1920x1080)

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/4774/d12returnofsuperman.jpg

Wow how awesome is that?!!! :bow:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby ben_ready on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Finwë wrote:
nthydro wrote:Here's a Dwight wallpaper I just made. Let me know what you guys think. Click the link for full size HD resolution (1920x1080)

:bow: :bow:

That m.f. is knot! Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

ben_ready wrote:That m.f. is knot! Yell™

I honestly don't have a clue what you're trying to say here.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:27 pm

On Sept. 13, we heard the first official Dwight Howard injury update from the Lakers staff, detailing his rehabilitation process.

On Wednesday afternoon, Howard continued to make progress, focusing on upper and lower body strengthening, core stabilization, light running plus some basketball activities.

Assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Chuck Person went through low post moves with the six time All-Star center (see video below), with Howard adding some shooting from the paint and the free throw line.

Howard dropped in a high percentage of his patented baby hooks with either hand, spinning either to the baseline or the middle depending on Ham’s defense, and showed his quick first step getting to the hoop when Ham closed out.

The team continues to stress that no timetable has been determined for Howard’s return, but allowed that there have been no set backs to this point in his rehabilitation.

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/09/26/dwight-howard-update-sept-26/
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm

ben_ready wrote:
Finwë wrote:

:bow: :bow:

That m.f. is knot! Yell™

Uhhh...thanks...I think :man3:

I'm usually pretty 'hood' but you got me there man :man10:
nthydro

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 pm

:man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:33 pm

http://www.nba.com/lakers/photogallery/120926wednesday-dwight-howard-session?page=4

Click to see a good picture of how really strong this guy looks already top and bottom. He's either some kind of human/alien hybrid that strengthens faster than normal people or he's injecting a mixture of HGH and steroids directly into his heart. He is BIG already. He's not even 100% yet and he already looks insanely strong.

The league better be on notice.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sean on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0OhgD5VAtM

Fixed the link. -karacha
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby easyguy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:
On Sept. 13, we heard the first official Dwight Howard injury update from the Lakers staff, detailing his rehabilitation process.

On Wednesday afternoon, Howard continued to make progress, focusing on upper and lower body strengthening, core stabilization, light running plus some basketball activities.

Assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Chuck Person went through low post moves with the six time All-Star center (see video below), with Howard adding some shooting from the paint and the free throw line.

Howard dropped in a high percentage of his patented baby hooks with either hand, spinning either to the baseline or the middle depending on Ham’s defense, and showed his quick first step getting to the hoop when Ham closed out.

The team continues to stress that no timetable has been determined for Howard’s return, but allowed that there have been no set backs to this point in his rehabilitation.

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/09/26/dwight-howard-update-sept-26/

"Light running"......Not even close to full out running and guys jumping on him, twisting him all different ways when the regular season starts.

I guess slow progress is better than no or set backs.
easyguy

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 pm

I wouldn't say it's slow progress...he's on schedule, whatever that schedule may be.

Like we waited for Andrew, we may not see full form Dwight until mid-season, but as long as he's healthy, and peaks during playoffs, we're set.

It' the old guys I'd rather see being able to keep conditioned. Kobe not so much, especially now that we've brought in Meeks who can REALLY now provide Kobe with some minutes off unlike last year. I'm hoping Duhon get some time in to help Steve with the minutes. Has experience with Dwight and shot well from outside last year, I hope he can bring something off the bench.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:...Duhon... has experience with Dwight and shot well from outside last year...

Duhon often shoots good % from the 3. When he shoots. Which is almost never.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:I wouldn't say it's slow progress...he's on schedule, whatever that schedule may be.

Exactly. I mean, what were you seriously expecting? :man3: The dude is coming off of a major injury and is already looking like he's physically close to where he was before. He still needs to work on conditioning, continued strengthening of his core and lower body, and development as a player in general.

He wasn't going to be ready immediately we all knew that but it's not crazy to think he'll be ready for the season opener in a month. That's exciting.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Fraud on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Fraud

Postby last stand on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:29 pm

excited for dwight
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby gill on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I am giddy for this season
gill

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 pm

D12's defensive play at 9 is hilarious. He has some other nice ones as well.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GNC on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

I cannot contain my excitement about Dwight and this upcoming season! It cannot start soon enough.
GNC

Postby noobiew on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm

He looks in pretty good shape, looking forward to watch him play in our opening season game.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Stephen A. keeps mentioning a January return. :man5:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm

And to those wandering who the wee little guy Dwight was shaking hands with, it is the team's video coordinator J.J. Outlaw according to @mctien.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard