D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

John3:16 wrote:Pretty sure I missed it, but when did he get cleared to practice 5 on 5?

He didn't and hasn't yet. As Mike Trudell said he isn't participating in Full court 5-on-5 action quite yet. They aren't going full bore yet either.

However Mike did tweet this:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

This is still not technically full speed 5-on-5 for Howard, but it's full contact, as close as can be. He's running w/Nash, Kobe, MWP & Pau.

so..... Dwight is as close to being cleared without actually being cleared yet if that makes any sense. lolol :man11:
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:44 pm

^^^ thanks.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation

Now @DwightHoward talking about 5on5 drills "we're just playing defense!" pic.twitter.com/yDYYOMH1

Here's @paugasol on @DwightHoward: "It doesn't look like he's hurting one bit." Howard said he's still getting his legs fully back.

Not quite there, but certainly getting to that dominant level one practice at a time
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Howard, asked about Shaq's critical comments, urged Shaq to "let it go." Said he doesn't care what Shaq says: "Your time is up."

I love it!

Daniel Buerge ‏@danielbuerge_LA

Dwight on Shaq's criticism: "His time is done. Let it go."
Battle Tested20

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 pm

^^^^
:jam2: :jam2:

let it go snaq
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I. Am. So. Pumped.

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Kubbas wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:You know how they say winning cures everything? Well look at LeBron James. Most hated man in sports since the Decision BS, than he wins a championship, and all of sudden you have all these people on his nuts sayings he's the great thing since sliced bread after just one championship.

Nope.

What? What I said is true. People hated LeBron and were trashing him left and right then he won a title and all that noise went away. Winning truly does cure everything.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

More Howard on Shaq: "There's no sense for him to be talking trash to me. He did his thing in the league. Sit back + relax. Your time's up."

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Dwight Howard not thrilled that Shaq called Bynum + Brook Lopez better than him. "Shaq played the game and is done. It's time to move on."

I sure hope Kobe goes up to Dwight and tells him don't worry about the comments, just use it as fuel and motivation to prove them all wrong this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe already did do this sort of thing because its the type of thing Kobe has done and still does in his own career.
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Kamenetzky Brothers ‏@ESPNLandOLakers

I feel bad for Brook Lopez. You know Dwight will drop 40 on him in the 1st LAL-BRK game. Poor guy got dragged into this nonsense. AK

:man10: We just know it :man9:
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Kobe sits on it. Let's it fester and make him angry. Then he takes it out on the court, but he NEVER forgets.

This June when we're in the Finals Dwight can do the same thing. Smile all season long, but when you win shove it in his face. Take your stupid Brook Lopez and get some of this Championship.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:Kobe sits on it. Let's it fester and make him angry. Then he takes it out on the court, but he NEVER forgets.

This June when we're in the Finals Dwight can do the same thing. Smile all season long, but when you win shove it in his face. Take your stupid Brook Lopez and get some of this Championship.

reporter after the Finals: 'So Dwight, what does this title mean to you?'
Dwight: 'it means i have one more than Brook Lopez'

i can see it now
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm

:jam2: :man10:

Perfect. And seriously poor Brook :man10: He didn't do anything to deserve all this.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm

it's sad becuase Shaq has shattered his LA legacy...

Between dissing Kobe, Phil. Dr.Buss, and now Dwight, he's really making it hard for knowledgeable fans to still love him.

He was the most dominant force ever in basketball. He had his best years with the Lakers, but he's really damaging his likability.
Center Court

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Center Court wrote:it's sad becuase Shaq has shattered his LA legacy...

Between dissing Kobe, Phil. Dr.Buss, and now Dwight, he's really making it hard for knowledgeable fans to still love him.

He was the most dominant force ever in basketball. He had his best years with the Lakers, but he's really damaging his likability.

I still love him. I don't care about all the off court non sense. All I care about is what he did on the basketball court. Three championships and eight years of greatness. That's all the matters to me. I don't pay attention to what he says off the court. I just ignore it. I would suggest that everyone else do the same.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby SK8 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm

WOOOOOOOW, it's amazing that most of guys are actually now rooting for Dwight. How can you do this. wow, i mean it's crazy that Shaq is talking all this nonsense of court, but what he did for Lakers and for the history of basketball, Dwight will never do. And that video of Shaq floping, it's sad....Shaq in prime would eat Dwight alive.
And you are Lakers fans, amazing. I am sooooo happy that Dwight is with us, but should i start hating Shaq because he is talking bs about Dwight? HELL NO.
ouh @Texas Lakers Fan thank God that i am not the only one defending Shaq.
Last edited by SK8 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby karacha on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Old Shaq got owned by Dwight on those plays (ORL vs PHX). He was just too slow.

Young Shaq would be different, of course, but yeah...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm

KB24stk wrote:WOOOOOOOW, it's amazing that most of guys are actually now rooting for Dwight.

He's a Laker.

How can you do this.

He's a Laker.

And Shaq was amazing, but he behaves like a 12 year old right now. Talking pure nonsense about Dwight vs Lopez. He can't be serious.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snake Eyes on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm

The way I see it, Shaq is a member of the media. He is going to say controversial stuff to try and get people talking. That is part of his job, and you know what? He is pretty good at it.

I just don't see any of this as a big deal. If anything it will give Dwight more fuel to go out there and dominate against the other big name centers in the league. Do I think Shaq was wrong? Yeah, but he is trying to be controversial.

Dwight is going to go out there and be beastly and prove Shaq wrong and Shaq probably knows it.
Snake Eyes

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm

gcclaker wrote:
JSM wrote:I don't think Dwight will ever quit trying to be the best player he can possibly be, which is a breath of fresh air for a dominant force who goes by Superman...if only the last Superman had that same attitude he would have gone down as the GOAT.

Yes, it looks like this re-boot is more promising from a professional standpoint. O'Neal took his athleticism and talent for granted. Howard does not appear to.

Bear in mind that Howard has said on a few occasions (his presser) that his back injury has really shown him some humility and appreciation for what he does have. Some guys never get it, or walk around with an entitlement chip on their shoulder... as much as a liked Drew, he did have such a chip.

It's refreshing that Dwight has seemingly reached mindset where he'll make the most of his opportunities, each of which he views as a blessing. that's exactly what any franchise would want in their leaders.

Imagine Dwight + Kobe + Phil, and the amount of zen in the room and on the floor ? :man6:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm

If Dwight had Shaq's size, he would be the absolute most dominant player ever. Shaq (and Jordan and Lebron) share one common trait...they are all more physically gifted than the players at their position. They are all NOT, however, the most skilled players at their position. Natural size/athleticism is not earned, it is inborn. To brag or take credit for it is like bragging about eye color or penis size..nothing was done to deserve it or earn it, and nothing can be said to equate it with work ethic or merit. This is precisely why players like Aaron Rodgers or Kobe Bryant are more admirable than players like Andrew Bynum or LeBron James. Being the most physically gifted is a product of luck/good fortune. There is no work ethic or merit involved...that is primarily why I favor Kobe over every other player in the league.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm

I wish I could get on TNT and call Shaq out. No one ever calls him out to his face. And that poser Barkley always kills a discussion with his "Now, i love so and so but....". (Bleep) that. Someone needs to expose that idiot for what he really is.
OX1947

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

hopefully dwight drops a 30-30 game the day we retire shaqs jersey
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Finwë on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:If Dwight had Shaq's size, he would be the absolute most dominant player ever. Shaq (and Jordan and Lebron) share one common trait...they are all more physically gifted than the players at their position. They are all NOT, however, the most skilled players at their position. Natural size/athleticism is not earned, it is inborn. To brag or take credit for it is like bragging about eye color or penis size..nothing was done to deserve it or earn it, and nothing can be said to equate it with work ethic or merit. This is precisely why players like Aaron Rodgers or Kobe Bryant are more admirable than players like Andrew Bynum or LeBron James. Being the most physically gifted is a product of luck/good fortune. There is no work ethic or merit involved...that is primarily why I favor Kobe over every other player in the league.

I swear this could be me writing this, exactly the way I feel.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:If Dwight had Shaq's size, he would be the absolute most dominant player ever. Shaq (and Jordan and Lebron) share one common trait...they are all more physically gifted than the players at their position. They are all NOT, however, the most skilled players at their position. Natural size/athleticism is not earned, it is inborn. To brag or take credit for it is like bragging about eye color or penis size..nothing was done to deserve it or earn it, and nothing can be said to equate it with work ethic or merit. This is precisely why players like Aaron Rodgers or Kobe Bryant are more admirable than players like Andrew Bynum or LeBron James. Being the most physically gifted is a product of luck/good fortune. There is no work ethic or merit involved...that is primarily why I favor Kobe over every other player in the league.

Agree with all of this, except you saying Jordan wasn't the most skilled at his position. He was. By far. And I'm no fan of his.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard