D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby last stand on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:23 am

revgen wrote:If Dwight can "coast" to get 18 rebounds, then why did he have 6 rebound, 7 rebound and 8 rebound games this season?

Hmm, coming off 8 months of sitting around doing nothing and major back surgery may have played a factor
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby kenzo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm not doing this again...

Pictures/gifs AND words are even funnier :man9:
kenzo

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 am

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:If Dwight can "coast" to get 18 rebounds, then why did he have 6 rebound, 7 rebound and 8 rebound games this season?

Hmm, coming off 8 months of sitting around doing nothing and major back surgery may have played a factor

If that's the case, then how did he grab 18 rebounds while "coasting"?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 am

lakersin4 wrote:

He can, doesn't mean he always does.. You telling me you haven't seen Dwight put up numbers while seemingly not playing hard? I know I have.

1) So you're saying that Dwight doesn't give 100% effort every night?

2) I thought he played hard and gave effort. He didn't appear to "coast" to me. And if he could grab 18 boards while coasting, it doesn't explain how he couldn't grab 18 boards in the other games. If he coasted in this game, did he just play lazy in the other games in which he grabbed single-digit rebounds? Doesn't make much sense to me.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby jjin28 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Would we ever consider trading Dwight?
Consider the following:
1) We're not 100% sure he will re-sign. Only like 95% Sure...
2) Gasol and Dwight both cant post up in this offense,
3) its highly unlikely we would fire Dantoni for a new offense to keep both Dwight and Gasol
4) Gasol's return on a trade is not looking good.

Trade Dwight for Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and possibly squeeze a 1st rounder out of em.
Love would be the perfect stretch 4 in this offense.
Let Kobe and Gasol have that 2 year window to win a ship.

Nash, Kobe, Artest, Love, Gasol

In 2 years, all we have left is Nash, re-sign Love, and sign someone like Kryie Irving
IN 3 years, when Nash hangs em up, sign another max like Lebron

Irving, SG, Lebron, Love, Any Center
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Right now, I'd only trade Dwight if it's 100% certain that he's not going to resign next season. All indications are that he will be here next season.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:04 pm

jjin28 wrote:Would we ever consider trading Dwight?
Consider the following:
3) its highly unlikely we would fire Dantoni for a new offense to keep both Dwight and Gasol

Trade Dwight for Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and possibly squeeze a 1st rounder out of em.

In 2 years, all we have left is Nash, re-sign Love, and sign someone like Kryie Irving

why would Minn do that? If Dwight wouldn't stay here he sure as hell aint staying in Minn :man10:
khmrP

Postby jjin28 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:06 pm

khmrP wrote:
Consider the following:

why would Minn do that? If Dwight wouldn't stay here he sure as hell aint staying in Minn :man10:

Love most likely aint staying either.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am

So trade him away for no reason?

We're not trading Dwight unless he asks for a trade before the deadline... simple as that. And why the f*** do so many people want to trade him anyway?... He's the best Center in the league and he landed in LA. He's indicated he's staying for the long haul and that's everything we wanted...

Ridiculous you guys....
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am

therealdeal wrote:So trade him away for no reason?

We're not trading Dwight unless he asks for a trade before the deadline... simple as that. And why the f*** do so many people want to trade him anyway?... He's the best Center in the league and he landed in LA. He's indicated he's staying for the long haul and that's everything we wanted...

Ridiculous you guys....

i want MDA gone before we ship any of our players, because if a coach cant utilize the talent on this roster than he shouldn't be a coach in the NBA.

with that said, as a god given gift if MDA is fired, and who can we get? i mean can we even afford to get a new coach? build up the chemistry AGAIN with the coach, his system, and the players?
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am

D'Antoni isn't going anywhere.

I find it ridiculous that people are entertaining that thought. The team had little chemistry with Brown. Whatever they had they lost when he was fired. Now they're they're finally building some back again and we want that guy fired? He has his faults, but they aren't the same as the ones Brown had. Not to mention, Brown got the opportunity to play with the full cast and had a full training camp and had a playoff run. D'Antoni will get the same treatment and deservedly so.

I can't wait to watch Nash back in this offense and once it's clicking people will quickly forget this nonsense.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 am

therealdeal wrote:D'Antoni isn't going anywhere.

I find it ridiculous that people are entertaining that thought. The team had little chemistry with Brown. Whatever they had they lost when he was fired. Now they're they're finally building some back again and we want that guy fired? He has his faults, but they aren't the same as the ones Brown had. Not to mention, Brown got the opportunity to play with the full cast and had a full training camp and had a playoff run. D'Antoni will get the same treatment and deservedly so.

I can't wait to watch Nash back in this offense and once it's clicking people will quickly forget this nonsense.

They don't have to fire him. They can make him quit like he did in Phoenix in New York :man9: :man9:

I can't wait for Nash either but I'm worried about Pringles' obsession with the high screen roll with 3 guys camped by the 3 point line. Will they find a way to effectively and consistently counter when teams start trapping Nash?
Last edited by Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest of All Time

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 am

He's not going anywhere. Why would he quit when he's got the perfect pg for the system he designed? Nash is the muse for this offense. When he's back, healthy, and orchestrating this offense we're going to look ridiculous on that end.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 am

therealdeal wrote:He's not going anywhere. Why would he quit when he's got the perfect pg for the system he designed? Nash is the muse for this offense. When he's back, healthy, and orchestrating this offense we're going to look ridiculous on that end.

What do you think about his obsession with the high screen roll with 3 guys camped by the 3 point line? I think they'll look great in the regular season if Nash stays healthy but what about in the play-offs? Will an aging point guard recovering from a broken leg be able to adjust and counter to the inevitable trap against a team like the Heat?
Greatest of All Time

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:26 am

Posters have to be aware Lakers aren't going to fire coaches with 2 seasons left on their contract every single season ... the cost would be insane
wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:27 am

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/12 ... ov-2332866. This is a link for Dwight's interview after practice yesterday. He has some interesting comments about Nash for those interested...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LooN3y on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Posters have to be aware Lakers aren't going to fire coaches with 2 seasons left on their contract every single season ... the cost would be insane

yes i assumed that, but i am a fan of pau, actually it hurts to see any significant laker go.

i like the rotations last game, why not just keep it similar like that and limit dwight and gasols time together so gasol has more opportunities to post up, and when our twin towers DO have an advantage over said team than give them significant minutes together.

cant we just adjust the rotations on situation/teams? or do we consistently need a strict rotation format, as long as the players get enough minutes and work out the conceivable line ups at practice, wouldn't this work?

i mean i know thats what they're probably doing, but MDA's quote about leaving gasol on the 3pt line just makes me want to throw up.
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am

Greatest of All Time wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He's not going anywhere. Why would he quit when he's got the perfect pg for the system he designed? Nash is the muse for this offense. When he's back, healthy, and orchestrating this offense we're going to look ridiculous on that end.

What do you think about his obsession with the high screen roll with 3 guys camped by the 3 point line? I think they'll look great in the regular season if Nash stays healthy but what about in the play-offs? Will an aging point guard recovering from a broken leg be able to adjust and counter to the inevitable trap against a team like the Heat?

I think the offense will continue to evolve as this team plays together longer and longer under a coach that will allow more freedom. We have a team full of smart players and guys that want to win. When the time comes, we're not just going to be running a high screen and roll with Howard/Nash. We'll run a high screen with Howard and _____ and dump the ball to him inside off of a perfect seal for either a dunk or a foul. We'll run a screen and roll with Kobe and Nash and have Kobe pop outside for an open shot. We'll have Gasol screen for Nash as Howard rolls weakside for the lob.

This offense is going to look so much different if and when everyone is healthy. People will eventually forget why they hated D'Antoni.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm

jjin28 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Consider the following:

Love most likely aint staying either.

ok so because Love isn't staying they rather get rid of him now instead of 2yrs from now when he can leave but rather that they get Howard and he leaves right after this season? :man3:
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 pm

ya hes not 100% yet...still got a ways to go until we see this on the daily
Ariza3

Postby last stand on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:10 pm

revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:

Because like anyone returning from major back surgery there will be nights where the back feels great, energy is high, and you feel like yourself

Other nights where you don't

Simple. Until he is himself he's not going to be Dwight Howard every night
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby revgen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 pm

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:
last stand wrote:

Because like anyone returning from major back surgery there will be nights where the back feels great, energy is high, and you feel like yourself

Other nights where you don't

Simple. Until he is himself he's not going to be Dwight Howard every night

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Nice try though.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 am

D12 needs to play smarter and be aware he's too important for the team to be on the bench cause of stupid fouls ...

Clutch FTs and good passes on the move down the stretch though
wcsoldier81

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:15 am

5 out of his 6 fouls were probably really dumb fouls
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 am

it was nice to see him swish those two clutch free throws
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin