D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 pm

the defense was solid as hell down the stretch. and clutch free throws from dwight are becoming more and more common, gotta love that.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:26 pm

He has improved his FTs a lot, and hit clutch ones tonight. His defense this game, along with the late PnR with Nash was just amazing.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby laker911 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

432J wrote:imagine where this team would be if they hadn't traded for dwight and drew was still on the lakers
:man10: :man10: :man10:

Image
Last edited by laker911 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
laker911

 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: many places

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

He might be the only guy in the league that is athletic enough to block a PG coming down the lane, while at the same time being able to recover and knock away a lob over the top.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19438
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Gotta improve his overall energy and play on offense. We're gonna need him tomorrow night since vets have played so many mins tonight
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19981
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

They showed during the game that he's shooting his ft's like a foot back from the line, that seems to be the difference as his ft's were always long, and never terribly off the mark.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50923
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Where is the D12 love today? His defense was one of the main reasons why we won this game, anchored the defense to perfection, his free-throws dropped including down the stretch, the pick n roll with nash was unstoppable, Knicks had no answer & it ultimately lead to Chandler being ejected.

14pts 12reb 2blk but also do not ignore the amount of deflections he had on the floor & all the shots he changed.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:51 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Where is the D12 love today? His defense was one of the main reasons why we won this game, anchored the defense to perfection, his free-throws dropped including down the stretch, the pick n roll with nash was unstoppable, Knicks had no answer & it ultimately lead to Chandler being ejected.

14pts 12reb 2blk but also do not ignore the amount of deflections he had on the floor & all the shots he changed.

Agreed. He did look tired for stretches in the 4th, but his production was awesome. His effort on D is invaluable in games like this. Meeks couldn't stop Felton AT ALL from driving by him, but wasn't able to do anything because of D12's presence.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I've been listening to games, not watching most of them this year. It did seem like Dwight played a very good game, and he hit some clutch FTs, had a crucial theft, too. I say well done, big man. :bow:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46287
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah, I thought Dwight was fantastic defensively against the Knicks. He looked more like the DPOY Dwight that we've seen terrorize the league in Orlando. Easily one of his best defensive efforts of the season. His recovery time, his blocks, deflections, and general patrolling of the paint were all on point. He played the P&R beautifully on both sides of the ball. He and Nash need to run even more plays together, no one in the league has an answer for that, especially when Dwight is hitting his FTs.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93988
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 pm

props to Dwight for finding a way to improve his free throws. now let's run that Nash/Dwight P'N'R more often and he can be closer to 24ppg along with monster defensive efforts.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3143
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 am

still think in time when hes more healthy and explosive the pnr with nash will result with more buckets for him. so far it looks likes hes not doing much but he really is on both ends just isnt his usual self to do what he normally would. nash is finding him though a lot.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 am

trodgers wrote:I've been listening to games, not watching most of them this year. It did seem like Dwight played a very good game, and he hit some clutch FTs, had a crucial theft, too. I say well done, big man. :bow:


Wow Travis. That honestly makes me sad to know how much you love this team and contribute here and haven't been able to see many games. You didn't miss a lot of real good basketball as a team with all our struggles and coaching issues and the change, but that is changing now with Nash to bring it all together. Why not today's game as it was national ABC?
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6242
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 am

JSM wrote:Yeah, I thought Dwight was fantastic defensively against the Knicks. He looked more like the DPOY Dwight that we've seen terrorize the league in Orlando. Easily one of his best defensive efforts of the season. His recovery time, his blocks, deflections, and general patrolling of the paint were all on point. He played the P&R beautifully on both sides of the ball. He and Nash need to run even more plays together, no one in the league has an answer for that, especially when Dwight is hitting his FTs.


On one hand , I'd like more Nash/D12 PNR through the whole game too .
On the other hand , if we save this play for the money time , the opponent has little to adjust and can't find an answer .

I agree he has to be more involved offensive wise though ... even if he's playing great right now , Metta as the 2nd option through the 1st three quarters isn't the best thing for our team in the long run
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby odom1year on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 am

karacha wrote:I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.


No, I want him replacing Kobe as our 1st option. He is Lakers future.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby karacha on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 am

^

He'll replace him in the future then.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby scissors on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 am

It seems like there's a good amount of tension between Dwight and Kobe. These two need to go out on a mad-date.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am

odom1year wrote:
karacha wrote:I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.


No, I want him replacing Kobe as our 1st option. He is Lakers future.


HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ALL AROUND "SKILLS" AT THIS POINT IN TIME, WITH WHO IS ON THIS ROSTER, TO WARRANT HIM BEING ELEVATED TO THAT "OFFENSIVE" STATUS. :bang:
CERTAINLY AS WELL WITH HIM NOT 100%. HE IS NOT HAKEEM OLAJUWON OR SHAQ!
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6242
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby borri on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
odom1year wrote:
karacha wrote:I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.


No, I want him replacing Kobe as our 1st option. He is Lakers future.


He can't be in Antoni's system.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 am

dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 pm

432J wrote:dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie


I dont think anyone in today game is as dominant as Shaq was....that guy used to have 2-3 guys drape on him and he still would score and get an One. I agree, Dwight cannot carry this team.
User avatar
easyguy

 
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 pm

But But But....Kobe need to share ball cannot go one on three he's 34 selfish and needs to pass torch 21 shots should be maximum he should be leader like Durant building championship team. So there. Rasberry sound. Oh wait was this Dwight thread? No matter. Kobe shots too much.

:man10: :man10: :man12:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6242
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 pm

easyguy wrote:
432J wrote:dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie


I dont think anyone in today game is as dominant as Shaq was....that guy used to have 2-3 guys drape on him and he still would score and get an One. I agree, Dwight cannot carry this team.

compare dwight to shaq and you'll see why he'll never be the #1 option
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Cool foul dwight, you're colle than when mcgee kicked the ball into the stands.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Juronimo and 17 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.