D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 pm

the defense was solid as hell down the stretch. and clutch free throws from dwight are becoming more and more common, gotta love that.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:26 pm

He has improved his FTs a lot, and hit clutch ones tonight. His defense this game, along with the late PnR with Nash was just amazing.
JLaker17

Postby laker911 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

432J wrote:imagine where this team would be if they hadn't traded for dwight and drew was still on the lakers
:man10: :man10: :man10:

Last edited by laker911 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laker911

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

He might be the only guy in the league that is athletic enough to block a PG coming down the lane, while at the same time being able to recover and knock away a lob over the top.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Gotta improve his overall energy and play on offense. We're gonna need him tomorrow night since vets have played so many mins tonight

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

They showed during the game that he's shooting his ft's like a foot back from the line, that seems to be the difference as his ft's were always long, and never terribly off the mark.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Where is the D12 love today? His defense was one of the main reasons why we won this game, anchored the defense to perfection, his free-throws dropped including down the stretch, the pick n roll with nash was unstoppable, Knicks had no answer & it ultimately lead to Chandler being ejected.

14pts 12reb 2blk but also do not ignore the amount of deflections he had on the floor & all the shots he changed.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:51 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Where is the D12 love today? His defense was one of the main reasons why we won this game, anchored the defense to perfection, his free-throws dropped including down the stretch, the pick n roll with nash was unstoppable, Knicks had no answer & it ultimately lead to Chandler being ejected.

14pts 12reb 2blk but also do not ignore the amount of deflections he had on the floor & all the shots he changed.

Agreed. He did look tired for stretches in the 4th, but his production was awesome. His effort on D is invaluable in games like this. Meeks couldn't stop Felton AT ALL from driving by him, but wasn't able to do anything because of D12's presence.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I've been listening to games, not watching most of them this year. It did seem like Dwight played a very good game, and he hit some clutch FTs, had a crucial theft, too. I say well done, big man. :bow:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah, I thought Dwight was fantastic defensively against the Knicks. He looked more like the DPOY Dwight that we've seen terrorize the league in Orlando. Easily one of his best defensive efforts of the season. His recovery time, his blocks, deflections, and general patrolling of the paint were all on point. He played the P&R beautifully on both sides of the ball. He and Nash need to run even more plays together, no one in the league has an answer for that, especially when Dwight is hitting his FTs.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 pm

props to Dwight for finding a way to improve his free throws. now let's run that Nash/Dwight P'N'R more often and he can be closer to 24ppg along with monster defensive efforts.
Center Court

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 am

still think in time when hes more healthy and explosive the pnr with nash will result with more buckets for him. so far it looks likes hes not doing much but he really is on both ends just isnt his usual self to do what he normally would. nash is finding him though a lot.
Ariza3

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 am

trodgers wrote:I've been listening to games, not watching most of them this year. It did seem like Dwight played a very good game, and he hit some clutch FTs, had a crucial theft, too. I say well done, big man. :bow:

Wow Travis. That honestly makes me sad to know how much you love this team and contribute here and haven't been able to see many games. You didn't miss a lot of real good basketball as a team with all our struggles and coaching issues and the change, but that is changing now with Nash to bring it all together. Why not today's game as it was national ABC?
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 am

JSM wrote:Yeah, I thought Dwight was fantastic defensively against the Knicks. He looked more like the DPOY Dwight that we've seen terrorize the league in Orlando. Easily one of his best defensive efforts of the season. His recovery time, his blocks, deflections, and general patrolling of the paint were all on point. He played the P&R beautifully on both sides of the ball. He and Nash need to run even more plays together, no one in the league has an answer for that, especially when Dwight is hitting his FTs.

On one hand , I'd like more Nash/D12 PNR through the whole game too .
On the other hand , if we save this play for the money time , the opponent has little to adjust and can't find an answer .

I agree he has to be more involved offensive wise though ... even if he's playing great right now , Metta as the 2nd option through the 1st three quarters isn't the best thing for our team in the long run
wcsoldier81

Postby odom1year on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 am

karacha wrote:I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.

No, I want him replacing Kobe as our 1st option. He is Lakers future.
odom1year

Postby karacha on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 am

^

He'll replace him in the future then.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby scissors on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 am

It seems like there's a good amount of tension between Dwight and Kobe. These two need to go out on a mad-date.
scissors

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am

odom1year wrote:
karacha wrote:I agree. Good game by Dwight. Great defensive impact, 14/12, 2 blocks, 2 steals. He definitely improved his FT shooting, which is what everyone wanted him to do.

HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ALL AROUND "SKILLS" AT THIS POINT IN TIME, WITH WHO IS ON THIS ROSTER, TO WARRANT HIM BEING ELEVATED TO THAT "OFFENSIVE" STATUS. :bang:
CERTAINLY AS WELL WITH HIM NOT 100%. HE IS NOT HAKEEM OLAJUWON OR SHAQ!
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
odom1year wrote:

He can't be in Antoni's system.
borri

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 am

dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie
432J

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 pm

432J wrote:dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie

I dont think anyone in today game is as dominant as Shaq was....that guy used to have 2-3 guys drape on him and he still would score and get an One. I agree, Dwight cannot carry this team.
easyguy

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 pm

But But But....Kobe need to share ball cannot go one on three he's 34 selfish and needs to pass torch 21 shots should be maximum he should be leader like Durant building championship team. So there. Rasberry sound. Oh wait was this Dwight thread? No matter. Kobe shots too much.

:man10: :man10: :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 pm

easyguy wrote:
432J wrote:dwight simply doesn't have the tools and skills to be the #1 option like shaq was for this team. they can't just feed it to dwight and watch him go to work like shaq used to do. which is why when kobe retires it's gonna be interesting to see who's brought in. hopefully kyrie

I dont think anyone in today game is as dominant as Shaq was....that guy used to have 2-3 guys drape on him and he still would score and get an One. I agree, Dwight cannot carry this team.

compare dwight to shaq and you'll see why he'll never be the #1 option
432J

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Cool foul dwight, you're colle than when mcgee kicked the ball into the stands.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard